Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you think the fandom will change if there are more female bronies?

Clarity

What do you think?

Seeing that 88% the bronydom are male.

I've noticed that a lot of MLP haters seem to be female, which is quite ironic.

So, what if it was a 50/50? Or somewhere close? Do you think the fandom will change quite a lot? Or, it will pretty much be the same as before?

• Brohoof 7

Interesting. Most of the females I've met weren't fans of My Little Pony, but they were a whole lot nicer about it than the males. Probably because they used to watch it when they were little.

I don't think the fandom would be too much different if the gender ratio was 50/50 to be honest, but that's just my opinion.

Edited by Urdnot Shepard
  • Brohoof 3

I'm going to guess it would change quite a bit... My prediction would be that we would have a lot less "dat plot" jokes... XD

What with the majority of the population of the bronies being male I feel like the fandom has taken on a more masculine ideology or I guess... Reputation but more females would likely take that down and we would be a more diverse crowd.

• Brohoof 1

As a girl myself, I'll say that hopefully things will stay the same. I think the reasons people become bronies are the same - regardless of gender - and that those reasons will remain the same regardless of the ratio. This is a great question though!

• Brohoof 2

The actual fandom would not change, as the fact that we bronies all enjoy a show "meant for little girls" proves that gender is really just trivial information.

Haters, though, would use the larger portion of females as an argument stating the show is for girls. So it would probably get worse in this sense.

• Brohoof 4

I don't think it would change much either. I know more male bronies than female ones and I don't think they are that much different of how vocal they are about the show or what parts of the show or the fandom they enjoy the most. The crucial difference between individual bronies are certainly not gender but rather personality :)

To be honest I don't think it will change. I don't think it is all because of the male viewers, I think people think if you are not 9 or younger and a girl and you watch MLP you are messed up. I think people hate on us because we are not the targeted demographic for the show even if we are Male or Female

No unique responses, huh? :P

I for one have a different opinion, but I'm afraid it may offend some people. Or rather, the majority.

Don't be afraid of voicing your opinion even if it goes against the norm. If people had always followed the norm regardless of their own opinion or thoughts we would still go around thinking that the Earth is flat. Just be prepared for people disagreeing with you and don't think you (or anyone else) are a bad person for having a different opinion.

Not very much. I think most of us love the show for similar reasons. I'm surprised the percentage of males is that high, but I guess not as many girls have been turned on to the awesomeness of MLP. Sort of like video games; real girl gamers are hard to come by. I've only known a few of them myself.

Edited by TailsAlone
  • Brohoof 4

I don't really think it will change, but maybe they would have created more nicknames for female pony lovers (more than just brony or pegasister). They'd probably create a new section for themselves. But I really think nothing would change.

There would still be males, but having females into the brony club won't change a thing, and if it does, it will only be something minor.

• Brohoof 1

I for one have a different opinion, but I'm afraid it may offend some people. Or rather, the majority.

Hit us with your best shot! I'm ready to have the crap offended right out of me.

As for my opinion, we would probably get some different fan works and overall we might appear a little more balanced and normal if there was a more equal distribution of fans regarding gender.

• Brohoof 1

Going by other fandoms i've been in, we'd get more Male-on-Male shipping, but thats about it.

There is the idea that more females would mean the community wouldn't get the attention it does ("guys like MLP? da fug?!11") and so the community wouldn't be as big since the negative attention has contributed alot to our growth (rule #19). its possible but I don't see it happening.

I think a few aspects would change, but not the fandom in general. Probably less girl-girl shipping and more male-male shipping.

Posted Image

Edited by MrAwesomeness
  • Brohoof 1

I'm curious now myself...please go ahead with what you were going to say! Ten to one, it may just be awesome! Either way, you know you'll get some support or positive responses here.

I personally think it would stay the same or at least nothing notable would change and I think guys might just be more notable being that it's unusual for us to like the show.

Don't be afraid of voicing your opinion even if it goes against the norm. If people had always followed the norm regardless of their own opinion or thoughts we would still go around thinking that the Earth is flat. Just be prepared for people disagreeing with you and don't think you (or anyone else) are a bad person for having a different opinion.

Hit us with your best shot! I'm ready to have the crap offended right out of me.

Posted Image

I'm curious now myself...please go ahead with what you were going to say! Ten to one, it may just be awesome! Either way, you know you'll get some support or positive responses here.

Okay...here goes nothing. I'm about to get assaulted to no end....

My opinion is different from all of yours. I believe it will change quite a lot, actually. No sexism intended here.

What will change? I think....that....

I think that the popularity of Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy will decrease.

Stop! I know you're quoting me at this instant and giving your argument! I'm not saying that because these two are my least favorite of the mane six, though they are. I've got some evidence to back up with my claim.

Because RD and Fluttershy's personalities seem to appeal more to males. I've seen a hate stamp for Rainbow on deviantART, and people who agreed are mostly female. If the brony fandom is 50/50, I imagine that the ponies' popularity would be more balanced.

End of opinion....

*is scared* :(

• Brohoof 8

Okay...here goes nothing. I'm about to get assaulted to no end....

My opinion is different from all of yours. I believe it will change quite a lot, actually. No sexism intended here.

What will change? I think....that....

Stop! I know you're quoting me at this instant and giving your argument! I'm not saying that because these two are my least favorite of the mane six, though they are. I've got some evidence to back up with my claim.

Because RD and Fluttershy's personalities seem to appeal more to males. I've seen a hate stamp for Rainbow on deviantART, and people who agreed are mostly female. If the brony fandom is 50/50, I imagine that the ponies' popularity would be more balanced.

End of opinion....

*is scared* :(

It's certainly possible, I don't know which characters are most popular among women. The only female fan I know personally is my sister whose favorite characters are as such

1: Fluttershy

2: Twilight=Rainbow Dash

but I could see that being true. Hmm, I wonder which characters would be liked more/less?

Like your new Avatar BTW

• Brohoof 1

I think it would be pretty cool if there were more pegasisters. Although what ended up happening at my school is kind of interesting. There are a lot of pegasisters in the Junior class, but the majority of the sophomore girls think it's weird. It's irritating, I was off by one year.

Anyway, the fanbase probably wouldn't change all that much. I wouldn't mind it at all.

>implying that male bronies only like them because they're sexyatttractive Posted Image

Personally i think we already have a fuckton of female bronies, an extra fifty thousand of them won't change anything, or at least the changes won't be that noticeable. We might see a little bit divergence on the fanmade materials, but that's that. Any certain ponies' popularity might change, but it won't be because there are too many females, it simply because people's fave pony changes overtime.

(just like me liking Luna, when before this I like Trixie more than my own sister)

Edited by Star Weaver
  • Brohoof 1