Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is or was your favorite subjects in school?

Nah

I'd like your opinion on subjects you enjoy or enjoyed in school. College counts and if you are an adult with a career, don't be afraid to tell us!

My favorite subjects:

History- I believe we need to encourage more history in school, I love American history the best.

Wildlife Biology- I am really interested in nature and Earth's long and interesting history.

PE- I love PE, my class is individual Ed.

Finally, but not least, Multimedia class! movies are fun to make.

If there is a thread like this, lock it. ;)

Edited by SCS
Added tags.
  • Brohoof 2

Computing, Maths and Physics, particularly computing.

Only four people in the class and the teacher is very lax. Barely do much serious work, but still learn all the things we need to know but get to have some fun along the way, similar story with physics.

Someone managed to make a stream of flaming gas across the room, he barely cared and only turned the gas off and sat back down.

Hate the homework, love the knowledge.

Have to agree about the homework though.

Edited by Tom

My favorites used to be math and most hated used to be history. Now it is the opposite, I love history and dislike math. All the other subjects I don't mind, I like them but I probably wont study them outside of normal school studies.

Tech. Almost any type of tech.

I once had this really laid back web design teacher who took "I'm getting ideas for site themes" as a valid excuse for reading webcomics during class XD

I suppose Mathematics/Algebra would have to be my favourite. Regardless, I still favour(ed) Pre-CTE, Science, Social Studies, and Health.

Least Favourite would have to be English. I eschew from addressing anything as a waste of time. It's an abused term, but that class is truly a waste of every student's time.

Notable Edits have been applied to this post, if that's okay. ^-^

Edited by Private Pansy

History was brilliant (even if my teacher was a nasty, nasty woman). The best bit i remember was the 'JFK assasination' unit i studied for a year.

English was also brilliant, i found english writing the most fun ive ever had in an educational enviroment. Since it was the only subject i was good in, i was put in the top group away from all the douches of my school :unsure:

Edited by BronyPolo138

English (not AP Lit though, god, that was terrible), History, and Web Design. English because I was good at it and skilled at essay-writing, History because it was interesting and I had a great teacher for much of my history classes, and Web Design because I was not only better than the other students (whose idea of a website was a black background with bright yellow comic sans huge font, euck) but because it was fun and the teacher was really loose so I could do as I liked and just relax.

Oh and I guess Psychology. Great teacher, and I got a 5 on my AP test! Very interesting.

History (I love this subject :3 I was better than my teacher in it for 3 years until he got replaced, I teached the class for about a year ;) ), English (I'm filled to the brim with ideas all the time, why do you think I write Fan fiction?), IT (I love Hardware and software) and lastly Biology/Science and Astronomy (All of these are collected into one class in Norway)

That is all.

Physics is my favourite. The beginning of the course though. As with most things I like 'learning' it but I don't like 'studying' it. Exams and such are the quickest way to destroy my interest in a topic.

History (I love this subject :3 I was better than my teacher in it for 3 years until he got replaced, I teached taught the class for about a year ;) ), English (I'm filled to the brim with ideas all the time, why do you think I write Fan fiction?), IT (I love Hardware and software) and lastly Biology/Science and Astronomy (All of these are collected into one class in Norway)

That is all.

I only did it because you put English as a favorite subject. Son, I am dissapoint.

My favourite subject in High School was definitely Biology. Everything just clicked together in the right place for me on that subject. Also Religious, Moral and Philosophical Studies, really enjoyed the philosophy and morality stuff a lot, especially when we got into Jung.

Worst subject I did academically had to be Math, absolutely abysmal but somehow managed to not fail and get a respectable average grade. English was kind of middle of the road. It was awesome in my 3rd/4th years because of the creative writing, but I hated the critical analysis and reading plays.

Then when I became a senior in my 5th/6th years, you didn't do creative writing anymore and it was ALL critical stuff. It would have been worse if my teacher wasn't an awesome old guy with the patience of a saint.

The subject I absolutely hated the most however was French, for two reasons.

Firstly, I'm half-deaf, the recordings were horrendous and impossible to hear, and I actually got a failing grade in Listening.

Secondly, probably for that reason, I was bullied IMMENSELY in French. It was kind of everywhere in bits and pieces, but in French it was unbearably bad and I broke down a few times in that class alone.

History, english, and psychology! I love history so much, I feel like I am reading a story rather than working! English is great because I love to read and write, so kind of a given for me there. I love psych because it is just so interesting to learn about why we silly humans do what we do. Also, those three subjects seem to dish out the strangest of all the teachers I have ever had (they are so awesome! ^_^ )

My favorite is Science, specifically Astronomy, but I am also great with Biology and Chemistry. Ironically, I suck at Math.

Second favorite would be Computer Maintenance Tech. During my last 2 years in High School, I went to a tech school, and the class was great, hands on and everything!

And for "after school" activities, 6th through 8th grade I was a library aide Tuesday mornings and after school. I was in choir, but never went to practice, my singing is terrible. I didn't do anything in High school, since I went to Tech.

I only did it because you put English as a favorite subject. Son, I am dissapoint.

Son? I'm a year older than you ;) So let's rewamp that; Son I am dissapoint that you don't like English.

E-nglish? Why there be no A-nglish? ;)

Seriously though, I love English, I love talking English and I love writing English. That's my reasons.