Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What's your escape?

rcollinz13

We all have that escape that we use to get away from our worries, fears, and overall stress in life. Mine is music. I have played cello for over eight years. I also play piano, drums, and other percussion instruments. If you couldn't tell by my member title music is my life at the moment and I love very second of it. I find that at the end of a long and stressful day at school I can let my emotions out and pour my heart and soul into it (even though I'm a red head and I have no soul jk). Music along with MLP have helped me with my depression, because I can let my sadness out on my cello, my anger on my drums, etc. Let me know what your escape is.

• Brohoof 1

MLP stopped my suicide.....so it's a big one. Watching it always clears away my depression.

Carpentry and just tinkering with things helps me cool off.

Reading up on history, all kinds also is a great thing for me to have fun/relax.

Fluttershy related things :D those make Dimitri happy as a Bolshevik in 1917!

• Brohoof 1

I do that in the sense I play guitar, piano, bass and mandolin. But the other things I love to do (doesn't fix depression, but atleast I forget it for a bit) Is I do art, I love to do art in many forms, also writing poetry and fanfics. Anyways that's my said escape....

I'm with rcollinz13. I live and breathe music. There is not one moment where some form of music (whether mine or someone else's) is running through my head. That, and I like writing fanfics. I'm working on one of those right now actually...

And now that I mention music, I realize that I'm sitting here writing a remix for a large competition coming up in a few weeks. I'd reeeaaaally like to win, but I'm going up against some of the best in the business, so I'm a bit worried about my odds.

In any case, it's been fun to write music over the last few months. Perhaps I'll make a thread about it later.

Edited by CloudFyre

Posted Image

Yep, as simple as that :D

When I'm online, I can easily forgot that my life is a terrible shitpit, and I'm able to talk with my friends (especially this forum)

But sometimes, I found a music that simply 'clicks' with me, and give me the much needed calmness Posted Image

Well... I think what I think...

Il usually think up a fanfic... Or an idea for my next MU comic... Then I'd forget about it later trying to remember it...

FiM is half of my life... Along with sonic the hedgehog...

There what's keeping me alive right now.... Sonic I've been a fan of since the beginning... But FiM is part of why I'm still alive...

My escape... Thinking of fanfic's and MU/EU comic ideas.

Three things, one, I draw. Drawing anything helps me to relax. Even just random doodling is helpful.

Two, reading. Some people find reading to be a bore, but if it's a good book, then I love to read it.

Three, I practice parkour. Since I'm starting to learn parkour, I always like to practice when I'm stressed.

• Brohoof 1

The internet, music, and other forms of entertainment for me.

I know it's probably shocking that I'm not saying bassoon here, but the reason for that is that it is not my escape right now. But don't take that the wrong way, because my need and want to improve at it is probably what keeps me ticking at this point...

I suppose tenor saxophone could be considered an escape as well. Well, it is. I have no pressure with it at this point and really love getting to play what I can. However, I have not been able to touch it much lately. I barely even have time to sleep anymore...

Edited by Envy

Basically going with Star Weaver's answer. If I'm having a bad day or if I'm super bored, I just go online and surf for the latest memes and stuff. I also like to go running, play Basketball, watch anime, or hang out at the mall with some buds if I'm depressed.

I'm going to have to say that music is also my escape. I play tuba, piano, and pretty much all manner of keyed brass instrument, and usually when I'm in a bad mood I either noodle on those, listen to music and read FF, or I just write out random short stories and stuff.

Three things, one, I draw. Drawing anything helps me to relax. Even just random doodling is helpful.

Two, reading. Some people find reading to be a bore, but if it's a good book, then I love to read it.

Three, I practice parkour. Since I'm starting to learn parkour, I always like to practice when I'm stressed.

Pretty much this, except replace parkour with listening to music, but my laptop's audio jack broke and I don't have enough money to get it repaired...

These forums, and the MLP show and fandom in general, have become a fantastic escape for me in the past few months. Aside from that, I'd say video games and working out are my other two current major escapes. I wish I could say reading was, I really do, but considering how much I always have to read for school (senior year of college and everything), I can't honestly say right now that I engage, or even try to, in reading for relaxation; I simply have too much required reading as it is (not that I don't enjoy it, but still, it's work).

I live in the most dangerous, corrupt and intolerant country on the planet where people get lynched daily and buildings bombed frequently.I use the internet, video games and recently art to escape the harsh reality.

Basically making music. Though I never EVER turn my back against reality when I'm doing so. If I feel angry, I'd make an angry song (which is kind of a good thing for me since I specialize on symphonic metal xP ). If I'm sad, I'd make a hip hop song and stuff.

All in all, composing helps me get away from everything for a while until I'm ready.

My escape? Basically any and every form of art available. I love to sing and I play multiple instruments, but I am also known for drawing (normally ponies) and writing. When I'm upset, however, I prefer to sing. My choir teacher has chosen me for nearly every solo available this year (so far) with only a single audition for refrence, so I suppose I like to believe I sound allright. He says I'm that sort of in-between that has a wide range (although I have to practice my transition because I have two "blind spots"). I also play the flute, acoustic guitar, and electric guitar. I obviousely draw often, for I have a fairly popular request page and I've been in advanced placement for Language Arts for many years (Means I'm taking Highschool courses. When I'm in Hight school, I'll be taking college courses for college credit).

I sing often though because I have some severe depression and my mother had to find a herapist that would take me for free (can't afford it) because I have a tendancy to burn myself.

My escape would be music or anyplace that is secluded! I tend to hide out in forests and libraries and just read a book for the day while blasting my music through my headphones! And I love reading books in trees and just feeling the fresh air! I'm downright terrified of meeting or seeing others, so it is always nice just to get away from it all..

I live in the most dangerous, corrupt and intolerant country on the planet where people get lynched daily and buildings bombed frequently.I use the internet, video games and recently art to escape the harsh reality.

What country do you live in, because I've seen you comment things like this about your country before and now I'm as to what country it is?

What country do you live in, because I've seen you comment things like this about your country before and now I'm as to what country it is?

Indonesia, the country where barack obama grew up.It's pretty much as bad as any radical middle east regime with the lynching of religious minorities and terrorism happening frequently.Atheism, homosexuality , jews, selling non bootleg software/dvd is illegal and Donations from foreign countries and UN aid never reaches the victims as they're all stolen by government agents to be sold.I'll just PM you the rest.

To be completly honest MLP (or at least the fanbase) is my escape.It keeps me from being depressed ad I do have a very pemmistic nature and am very gloomy. Prior to wtaching MLP i used video games to cope with that feeling and it worked too but i like communicating with other people over the internet.

I practice parkour. Since I'm starting to learn parkour, I always like to practice when I'm stressed.

oh man parkour brings back awesome memories. I remember joining a pk club when I was in high school with the goal of loosing weight. At the end of the school year I lost over 40lbs and I felt amazing. However I haven't practiced it in a year and a half so i'm rusty. Anyways back to the topic. I usually go on the forums and see whats what, play some video games (specifically fallout 3) and usually go out on long walks while listening to some music while I let my imagination run wild.

My escapes are:

a) going into nature for a walk - it is good for clearing your head

b ) watching MLP and being on this forum

c) talking with my tulpas ( especially before sleep )

(d) programming, but it makes me sometimes crazy :P

Edited by Gekoncze

Indonesia, the country where barack obama grew up.It's pretty much as bad as any radical middle east regime with the lynching of religious minorities and terrorism happening frequently.Atheism, homosexuality , jews, selling non bootleg software/dvd is illegal and Donations from foreign countries and UN aid never reaches the victims as they're all stolen by government agents to be sold.I'll just PM you the rest.

I am very sorry your country is so dangerous and intolerant. I'm not going to try and say I understand how you feel everyday, because I don't. I don't have to go through the day worrying about whether not I'm going to be shot. I have much respect for you sir, and I hope that someday you might be able to get away from that terrible place.

I watch mlp, program, play soccer, train for parkour, hang out with friends, read a book, listen to music. Those are pretty much all the things I do.

Cool same here! /)

Except I didnt just start :P Ive been doing it for 1-2 years now.