Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What's your escape?

rcollinz13

I use video games. Whichever I play is dependent on whatever mood I'm in at the time. When you're in another world, it's easy to forget about your problems in this one.

• Brohoof 1

• 6 years later...

Driving empty back roads....alone. Whenever I’m feeling stressed, sad, angry...etc, I take my truck out and just drive. No destination in mind. Just roll the windows down, put on some music I like, and its like I literally escape all my problems for a while.

Yeah...my truck is the only one who has seen me cry. :adorkable:

• Brohoof 1

When I need an escape, I will either sleep or log onto YouTube and get lost in watching funny or interesting videos. I will sometimes just lie down and watch television with something to eat.

• Brohoof 2

That depends on what I'm trying to escape from. Sometimes I'll lie in bed with the lights off and think about whatever comes to mind, and other times I'll just listen to music and try not to think at all. Either works, it just depends on how I'm feeling at the time.

My primary escape is sleep. I love sleep. I can sleep for more than 12 hours if I really want to, just because of how relaxing it is. It's so nice to be able to take a break from real life.

I don't dream, either. I just sleep.

Several things but how well they help me escape depends on my mental state.

Video games, music, watching videos, food, walking when the weather isn't hot and humid, looking forward to something, stuff like that.

1 hour ago, smolbear said:

smoking weed

I wish Indiana would get on the ball with this. I really think this would actually help me a lot.

Mostly music for me. I know no one really cares what my music taste is and what I listen to but it doesn't stop me from doing that very thing.

• Brohoof 1

I almost always go on long walks, because it brings a lot of oxygen into my brain, helps me come up with solutions to many problems. It is a great escape from everything, and it pays off.

• Brohoof 1

12 hours ago, Kyoshi said:

I wish Indiana would get on the ball with this. I really think this would actually help me a lot

I wish the whole country would get on the ball with it. Policy isn't determined by popular demand though.

My escape is travel, driving at night or creating art. If I’m really in bad shape and need something that will rescue me from the depths of hopeless despair, I turn to ballet. It has the ability to change life into something pure and perfect.  

• Brohoof 1

• 3 years later...

It's either talking to people I care about, or else it can be classical music.