Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Have you ever met a Brony by suprise?

Count Paradox

Ok, I didn't know exactly what to name this thread, but you can get the idea after I explain what happened to me a little bit.

I was at work yesterday, ringing some dude's order up for him when he suddenly said "Vinyl Scratch is my favorite pony, too." It took me a moment to realise that he was looking at the Vinyl button that I always wear to work, but when I did, I was like, "Brony?" The dude said yup, we brohoofed, talked about the characters for a bit, and he left. It was pretty awesome.

I was just wondering, has anyone else had a moment like this? If so, what happened?

• Brohoof 2

Actually, yes. I've spoken to this one person in real life for a few years, and I kind of assumed that he would never go for such a thing, but hey, what do you know. He saw my desktop wallpaper (of Twilight Sparkle) on my school laptop, and was like, "I prefer Fluttershy", and we both just stared at each other, awestruck. It was really weird. I think we were both hiding it from each other, which makes for some comedic irony.

• Brohoof 6

i have met a brony that surprised me actually it was really weird at first i didn't expect that though but i was wondering what they were talking about at first then i got what they were talking about now.

• Brohoof 1

I was at Target a few days ago buying some MLP cards and the girl behind me just randomly said "You know Hot Topic has the vinyls in stock right?" I dismissed it at first until she said "I know they still have Rainbow Dash in stock but they might be out of Derpy". I turned around and began talking to her, which obviously clogged the line, so we just brohoofed and left x3

• Brohoof 1

I was at lunch at high school yesterday, and one of my friends for years walked by. I noticed she was wearing a Wonderbolts hoodie, so I said "your sweatshirt is awesome", but she just dismissed it as coincidence. Then I said "no, your sweatshirt is AWESOME," and showed her my Rainbow Dash lanyard. You should have seen the look on her face.

• Brohoof 1

well i was walkin down to the nearest sonic and i saw this dude by a gas station wearin a derpy shirt. i walked up to him and said "do you like mlp fim?" he said "yeah, gotta problem with that?" i said "no," and help out my hoof and we brohoofed and introduced ourselves. it nice to know there is other bronies in Oregon

It was in history class I was pared up with two people.We started talking about Star Wars the Clone Wars and then I started talking about G1 transformers on the Hub and then I said something about bronies and then one of the two guys said," Im a Brony"...... For a second I was literally shocked because I thought I was the only one at my school. when then brohoofed and started talking about the show

I was wearing my Octavia shirt, and there was this girl who shouted out, "Hey, it's Octavia, you like MLP?" I was like "Yeah, it is best show." we brohoofed then started talking.

I remember coming back from the Museum of Natural History in NYC and stopping by this restaurant. My family and I sat down, and I opened my jacket slightly (I was wearing a shirt of Rarity). When our waitress arrived, she noticed the horn poking out from my jacket and she immediately shouted. "BRONY!" :blink: ...it was quite something. After all the people staring turned away http://mlpforums.com/public/style_emoticons/default/dry.png , we brohoofed then got into conversations which probably wasn't the greatest time to, considering she was working. xD She also made a :wub: face while I was leaving. Oh yeah, it was awesome.

• Brohoof 2

well i was walkin down to the nearest sonic and i saw this dude by a gas station wearin a derpy shirt. i walked up to him and said "do you like mlp fim?" he said "yeah, gotta problem with that?" i said "no," and help out my hoof and we brohoofed and introduced ourselves. it nice to know there is other bronies in Oregon

Oregon bronies unite brotha! Good to know that I'm not the only one as well truth be told ha ha. On another note I saw a girl wearing a Rarity shirt in a crowd the other day but she walked off before I could say anything. It sure made my day to see though
  • Brohoof 1

Suprisingly, Ive seen so much pony memrobellia at my school, so many shirts, lanyards, even some trading cards i think! I like how popular its getting personally, and I love reminsing old episodes with new bronys :)

Ive had many moments where one of my old friends walks up to me and is all of sudden like "Brohoof." We brohoofed, and he walked away.

Shy bronys are shy.

Haha anywho, random ecounters in the wild hoooooooooooooooo! (Sir hammerlock)

- Noah

Oregon bronies unite brotha! Good to know that I'm not the only one as well truth be told ha ha. On another note I saw a girl wearing a Rarity shirt in a crowd the other day but she walked off before I could say anything. It sure made my day to see though

well good for you Oregon bronies! now if i could just find other kansas bronies on here, i would be uber-happy... I just hope that many more kansas bronies will join in the near future

I've met quite a few bronies at my school. In fact today I saw someone wearing a DJ Pon-3 t-shirt. I'm surprised nobody's decided to make a brony club yet.

As far as out of school encounters go, I met tons of bronies at RocCon (a local anime/comic convention here in NY). A Rainbow Dash cosplayer noticed I was wearing my Wonderbolts hoodie and wanted a hug. :)

Another Oregon brony here! I haven't met any bronies around my area, so it'd come as a huge surpise if someone came up to give me a brohoof and not the other way around. I honestly don't know how I'd react. I'd probably just have an expression like I was hit by a truck or something. XD I'm always on the look-out for those wearing mlp swag, so hopefully it's just a matter of time before I find another brony.

Actually, I have met a brony unexpectedly. He's in my math class, and I had my Rainbow Dash wallet out, so he looked back and he said "that is total win!" Then, we were talking about the show and all that. Then, his friend came and I found out she was a pegasister. That moment was amazing. It let me see I was not alone. It turns out that both of them started to watch the show because of their younger siblings, which is cool and all. Then, I asked why they like the show, and they gave the same reason I said: It's a good show.

One time, I was wearing my Fluttershy shirt in Albertsons, and an employee just says "Nice shit." I was with my dad at the time, so I just said "thanks" and moved on. But if I was with myself, I would have quoted from Fluttershy. Strange how I can't grow a pair and tell my dad I'm a brony.

My friend who was a closet Brony for a long time saw me wearing by Rainbow Dash shirt and then said his favorite pony was Twilight and then we got into a conversation about it. He is even a member on the forums now (Make it Sparkle). Also today at school I was packing my things up to leave math and a kid from the next period looked down at me and chuckled and then said "Oh, I prefer Fluttershy." I then looked up brohoofed him and went on about Rarity and Pinkie being our second favorites and then went to our classes. It was pretty awesome.

ooh i had a moment

it was after work (Wal-Mart) and i went to the toys section saw a three pack thing (Rainbow Dash, Gilda, and a Wonderbolt) i went to the electronics section which was the closest til and when i gave it to one of they guys there he and the other guy was looking at it saying the didn't know they were there i asked them what they meant, they told me they were bronies and then we brohoofed :3

I wish! Every brony I know since I became one myself has been converted by me to bronyism by telling them to "watch the first six episodes of the show". That seemed to be a solid standby way of conversion. But no, I haven't met any bronies by surprise...yet.

One of my friends was a closet brony and one time he suddenly wanted a brohoof, that took me by surprise, I really though I was the only one at school. After that we proceeded to convert 2 other friends of ours which went quite smoothly hahaha.

There was this one occasion where we had no class for the time being and we were just sitting at a lounging spot (they have computers there), we were talking about the show when suddenly he stopped talking and looked at one of the computer screens. I followed suit and what did we find? 2 other guys watching The Last Roundup! So we walked to them, brohoofed them and watched the episode with them. You should've seen the faces of people passing by, one of the most amazing moments of my school life.

Edited by Winterbass