Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do you do when you're feeling sad?

Lightning Fluttershy

Yeah I know. Not a very professional topic title.

However I'm asking this because I'm feeling generally sad right now... And noticed something. I repeat the same thing every single time I go into this state. It's almost natural.

When I get into this state of sadness or regret or anything I do the same thing every time. One thing being listening to this song over and over again.

Don't ask me why.

Also I tend to drink a lot water. I don't know why but when I feel this way I just sit here, listening to that song and drinking absurd amounts of water.

So I'm curious. Do you follow a routine like I do when I go into this saddened state or are you fairly unpredictable? Also you don't have to tell but what do you do in a state such as this?

Edited by Marcus Fenix
  • Brohoof 5

When, I'm sad I usually just sorta talk myself out of it or I just do something to take my mine of it and I usually feel better after that. Listening to music or watching entertaining videos helps too.

When I'm sad, I often go and write music. It actually cheers me up some how, I do really know why. Maybe it's because of the mood that I generally write in, heroic and orchestral. Sometimes I can even channel that sadness into a great composition.

I also often go and relax in my room for a bit. Lay down and let myself think it out.

• Brohoof 1

I will usually listen to music, or just wait it out. Some times a good movie will help clear my mind as well. Though if depression really hits me hard, I will go to a virtual video game place with some of my friends and go on massive zombie killing sprees. That is the best type of antidepressant for me. But If I am handling a death or tragic related depression, there isn't much I can really do besides wait it out.

Edited by Retro_Derpy

when im sad, i contemplate things

i usually get sad/depressed when im bored, i start contempateing things, i go over my entire life i think about stuff, though i almost always go over the more sad and negative parts of my life, ill do that for a few hours, ill talk to my self while contempating things, the sadness usually goes away once i find something to do, usually a funny video or something snaps me out of it

• Brohoof 1

I listen to heavy metal. It always calms me down. Getting drowned in any form of media works well too. Laughing/talking with friends works well too. I either use the MLP forums or Yahoo Answers (I'm That Metal Guy, some may have seen me) as well.

I also watch MLP.

I listen to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwESraWEpSU

But in all seriousness, I listen to music, write, draw, and/ or just kind of wander around outside. When I'm home I'll usually pet my cats or dog. Unfortunately I usually end up listening to something sad like the Sound of Silence and then I just get more sad :(

Depends on the type of sadness. Recently, I found out that my crush friend-zoned me. :(. Generally, what I do is that I ace the truth and get over it. Idk, that's just me. It's easier said than done :-)

It depends. If I'm feeling a little down I can generally ignore it. But if I'm sad AND feeling lethargic, it becomes almost impossible to do anything but just sit/stand/lie down and just stare blankly into space. Also in some cases I just walk around if I am able to do so, never helps. Eventually I find the energy to get up and do something.

When I'm sad, I usually listen to this song for 7 hours.

Makes me so HAPPY. It's like magic or something. And sometimes I just think about stuff that might happen to me in the future that is good. :)

I usually go to take a nap when I feel sad, maybe when I wake I up I feel more possitive. Actually I'm pretty sad right now, and the best remedy it's to hang around good friends that are there to put a smile on your face and cheer you up ;)

When I become sad for what ever reason , most of the time I'd just play video games, or go to practice for ultimate frisbee. The sadness will still be there, but I try to not think about it. Most of the time i won't remember it until maybe a day or two later and same thing. Most of the time I'll only be sad for a day tops but in intervals and you wouldn't know anything is wrong.

I usually get mad at myself for feeling sad and then slip into a spiraling downfall of both depression and self-pity. The self-pity fuels the depression and the depression fuels the self-pity. And then I realize I am just being a whiny American and get furiously mad at myself and just shut away my emotions for a time. During that time I tend to realize how unexciting my life is and how I rarely ever feel true happiness or sadness. And then I go read, write, and/or set things on fire. Also, music can help.

Surprisingly enough for me, being empathetic/sympathetic to the emotional pain of others can actually sooth my own pain.

I drink.

Generally, I do something else, be it video games, music, friends, or some combination of the three. Or I figure out the bright side of the situation.

• Brohoof 1