Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do you do when you're feeling sad?

Lightning Fluttershy

I watch ponies. But I haven't felt sad in a long time, so that's good. Other than ponies, I usually distance myself from people and listen to music, play Minecraft, and stuff like that. The computer and the Internet is a nice way to relax, in my opinion.

• Brohoof 1

well what i do when i feeling sad. i play this song

and start to draw so stuff.

and im sad most of the time anywasy.

so i listen to this type of music and do a lot of drawing.

To be honest, when I'm sad, I'll either play League of Legends, watch MLP or hug my Twilight Sparkle plushie.... Sometimes a combination of the three.

Usually whenever I have one emotion that takes over I start to think about how I can use that for my novel(and for writing in general). It doesn't affect my mood much, but it directs it in a more constructive and satisfying way.

Of course, sometimes I just listen to some songs or something. Smile Smile Smile is always good for cheering me up, as unoriginal as that may be. Actually, most Pinkie Pie songs are good for that :lol:

• Brohoof 1

When I'm really sad, I eat a full tablet of milky chocolate in my bed. Than I hug my little sister's teddy bears - because she don't want me to hug her.

But sometimes, when I ear a bad and stressing piece of niews, I have a strange reaction: I don't breathe very well. Than, I have to sit down and to rest quietly. That's wierd and I would like to stop (my mother think I'm crazy) but can't.

Well I don't know if it make me feel better actually... but I listen to sad music alot of times when sad. Is that weird :P? You'd think that would just intensive my sadness. I honestly don't know, but I listen to it.

Only thing that truly makes me feel better is alot of time. Or having someone to vent to about it. Or if my crush talks to or sometimes even just smiles at me :P(Always makes my day.)

As clichéd as it is by now, I have to say that listening to the Smile song or watching ponies honestly cheers me up as much as anything can.

Watching old episodes of The Joy of Painting or random Bob Ross clips is also very refreshing and can always lift my spirits. If he was alive today, he would undoubtedly be a brony. One of the sweetest men who's ever lived and he brings delight to everybody, you can always turn to Bob Ross when you're feeling down. Listening to

or this helps me out most of the time too.

Watch this:

http-~~-//youtu.be/u9sJ4NAugxg

Edited by Artemis

Well, In all seriousness (which means disregarding my last post), I try to think about all of the things going for me in my life. I try to think about what I have and how blessed I am. I'm kinda like Pinkie Pie. I usually don't get too sad. But when I do get sad, it's pretty bad.

I'll usually watch some funny videos on Youtube (Spike and Barley are a personal favorite and Uberhaxornova's early Happy Wheels episodes are great) or listen to an uplifting/ energetic song.

Songs that are fast paced and include piano and jazzy sounds almost always lift my spirits. If electronic sounds and electric guitar are thrown in too, my sadness is completely obliterated by all of the awesomeness. :)

I tend to sleep a lot when I'm feeling sad. It really helps me. I also like listening to relaxing, slow and "deep" songs when sad, too. And lastly, when those two things do not help me, I usually start venting in my own way, either here, or anywhere on the net (namely /mlp/, /r9k/ and SASF).

I usually sit around and watch TV or eat candy bars and crap like that...

Most of the time though I usually wander aimlessly until I can find TP especially for my bunghole! Does anybody here have stuff? That crap is really good! yeah really good.

I hardly ever feel really sad. I just don't really have time to. I have too many things to do, and people who need me.

It's just not been a common thing for me to do, usually I figure out what's bothering me, and I sort it out.

Having said that, there have been a couple of times in the past where I have felt really apathetic, I just didn't want to do anything.

What I used to do then was read and sleep, and if it lasted for more than three days, I'd just force myself to stop being stupid and go do something. I'm not really a person who just sits around on her thumbs all day. The way I see it, I don't have reason to feel sad. So if I ever feel a bit down, I just keep moving on, and push it to the side until I've solved what's making me sad or I forget about it.

Life's too short to sit around moping about stuff, so I don't.

Often, when I'm feeling sad, it tends to sort of...dominate my entire worldview, almost. It's an issue I have with my emotions--they tend to capture my whole worldview regardless of what the emotions is. If I'm angry or depressed or sad, the entire world is awful and grim. People have sometimes heard me say the whole human race ought to be nuked in such circumstances. When I'm happy, the entire world seems like it's never been better, and I can see all the positive aspects of humanity while pointing out how the negative aspects are slowly, but surely, dwindling.

As for what I do when I'm sad...it often depends. A lot of the time I like to try to talk to someone I know will make me feel better, like a really good friend. @Zoop is good at this--he and I speak a lot.

I also try to distract myself with games or Youtube videos or something else I know I will enjoy, although that approach isn't always good. (For instance, lately I've been playing a ton of World of Tanks, and that's the sort of game that will make you angrier if you walk into it angry or upset because it's a game that requires patience and careful, precise actions, rather than just allowing you to vent all over everything like you're decanting a rain barrel.

Apart from that, though, sometimes I don't do the right thing. Sometimes I do things that harm me, and although I try to avoid that, I'm not always successful. What I often desire most of all when I'm sad, though, is to fully realize someone cares. I can often be lonely, so I try to reach out to others, hugs and such. Doesn't always work, unfortunately--the reaching out part, I mean, because often others don't want to help.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

This is exactly how I feel a lot of the time too... In other words I couldn't have put it better myself. You've explained better than I could what I tend to do despite what I wrote while creating this thread. Edited by Marcus Fenix
  • Brohoof 1

I smile because being sad meant that I must have been happy before what ever sad event happend. It makes me feel alive knowing that I have the ability to be sad.

Every day saddens me. Keeping up my mask that people call my "personality" makes me weary, and seeing the shallowness of people IRL makes me depressed.

And then, after all the world goes to sleep, my true self wakes up. Every night I watch a couple episodes of MLP (my current 'anti-depressant') and spend a couple hours either watching the stars or hanging with you guys, and that cheers me right up, and reminds me why I enjoy life :D

• 7 months later...

Being someone who deals with depression and a ton of anxiety issues, I often have deoressing thoughts go through my mind or thoughts that stress me out or make me very anxious.  I have begun to wonder, to those who suffer from these same problems, how do you handle them or block them out? 

I have tons of difficulty in doing so, my mind is weird and I often succumb to these negative thoughts. I know that I shouldn't, but I am very vulnerable. Some things I try to do, are thinking of simple things that make me happy, listening to relaxing or really intense music, randomly sing like I do a lot,  eat a nice snack and watch some videos, or rant to a friend. Rambling really seems to help me a lot of the time. tongue.png Those are just some ways that I try to avoid these feelings, though they do not always work. Ponies are on that list as well, but they are *kinda* stressing me out, only because I REALLY want season 4. tongue.png (Fun yet totally useless fact: The only reason I am not watching Equestria Girls, which I love, over and over is because it reminds me how much I want season 4 and my questions answered.)

These thoughts, when they get bad, really impact my enjoyment of most things and make me feel dreadful. sad.png

What about you?

post-8308-0-47690100-1372407606.png

• Brohoof 2