Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Meaning behind Mumford and Sons - Little Lion Man

Jaded Avaricious

Hey everypony.

So as my Topic states, what exactly is the meaning behind this song. Marcus Mumford explained that "It's a very personal story, so I won't elaborate upon too much. Suffice to say, it was a situation in my life I wasn't very happy with or proud of… and sometimes when you can't describe a feeling with your own words, it's almost easier to express in a song. And then, when you get asked about the songs, it's quite difficult to explain. It's a conundrum"

Suffice to say that these words make it all the more interesting, something that needs unraveling.

here is what I have so far

"Weep for yourself, my man,

You'll never be what is in your heart"

(means that you will never be what you wanted to be (possibly being held back by your other half)

"Weep little lion man,

You're not as brave as you were at the start"

(Through all the demons you have faced together and worked through, you have lost the corage to talk about problems in your relationship with your partner)

"Rate yourself and rake yourself

Take all the courage you have left

And waste it on fixing all the problems that you made in your own head"

(Don't waste the time that you have been given on perfecting your life and relationship. Courage could also be referring to liquid courage meaning alcohol which can alleviate problems as well as cause them, so this can be a double meaning )

here is a link to the quote from Marcus Mumford http://www.songfacts.com/detail.php?id=17190 this will hopefully be an outlet to help solve this mystery.

Posted Image

That is all~

Obviously he's just a huge fan of Game of Thrones and he wanted to write a song about the fourth best character in the series.

In all honesty, I don't listen to Mumford and Sons that much...I prefer the Lumineers :P

• Brohoof 2

Posted Image

That is all~

Obviously he's just a huge fan of Game of Thrones and he wanted to write a song about the fourth best character in the series.

In all honesty, I don't listen to Mumford and Sons that much...I prefer the Lumineers :P

That is a good theory and all were it not for the minor time differences 5 years plus I believe. but i'm being serious here. it haunts me to this day what hidden meanings this has. so much potential in so little verses.

I always like singing along with it, despite not having an idea of what it's about, so it's nice to have what seems like a bit of context- a destroyed relationship. The same goes for the rest of the songs on Sigh No More. I'd like to figure out a bit to do with Dust Bowl Dance, I love the part where it goes "There will come a time I will look in your eye, you will pray to the God that you always denied," It's just really powerful.

In a related note: I haven't heard anything outside the album Sigh No More, what others are there and are they as good?

I always like singing along with it, despite not having an idea of what it's about, so it's nice to have what seems like a bit of context- a destroyed relationship. The same goes for the rest of the songs on Sigh No More. I'd like to figure out a bit to do with Dust Bowl Dance, I love the part where it goes "There will come a time I will look in your eye, you will pray to the God that you always denied," It's just really powerful.

In a related note: I haven't heard anything outside the album Sigh No More, what others are there and are they as good?

See for yourself they most certainly are quite impressive. just youtube mumford and sons, you will enjoy every bit of it. have fun :D

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGKfrgqWcv0

That is a good theory and all were it not for the minor time differences 5 years plus I believe. but i'm being serious here. it haunts me to this day what hidden meanings this has. so much potential in so little verses.

He could have read the books before they made a TV show out of them...

blergh books still exist, its the only way I can see the story because I am not home enough to catch GoT on TV ;~;