Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Blockland: That game where you build stuff

Flaedr

Posted Image

Ok, so this topic is about Blockland, a game made back in 2004 by Eric Hartman, and then released in 2007. What this game would be easiest to compare to is Legos, but online. Except in this, you don't have to find all the pieces in the huge pile (Which, let's admit, was 90% of the building time in real life).

But the fun doesn't end there. There is also an eventing system, which allows for amazing effects and abilities that you could add to blocks to make amazing things (Benofdoom evented a mail system in our HQ). Also, there are plenty of mods and 'add-ons' for you to download and use completely free to enhance your game experience, such as weapons for deathmatches, or even different types of bricks to use.

Even though that there of plenty of talented and amazing builders, eventers, and modders, the community is small, but extremely violent. So I warn you, do NOT make a pony related name if you decide to make an account on the forums. Even though there is a 4100 page MLP thread on there, there are probably the same amount of haters for each page of that thread.

But, if you decide to get it, it is only a one time fee of $20, which, I think, has been totally worth it. Or you could get the free demo, but that doesn't allow you to go online, and you only have 150 bricks in singleplayer mode.

Hope to see you there! Edited by Flaedr
  • Brohoof 1

Seems like Minecraft. I will pass.

EDIT: Actually looks fairly interesting at a closer inspection. Want to post some of your builds?

Edited by Gummy

Uhhh, sure.

Here is the AoB (Architects of Blockland) HQ for 2011. Exterior made by Remousamavi, but the interior was made by everyone.

Posted Image

And the Theater (Note, curtains are open)

Posted Image

Another theater view. (Also, I made the seats spell out AoB).

Posted Image

The conference room

Posted Image

And the classroom

Posted Image

These are in no way all the rooms in the HQ, but probably the most important out of them.

This looks rather interesting, I might look into buying it but I'll have to find out more about the game.

Reminds me of roblox.

Edited by Makar

V20 update.

It's a manual update, and you have to manually transfer your addons, saves, screenshots, ect to the new folder.

Change list:

• Game is now run and updated via a launcher application.
  • Launcher/Auto updater works on macintosh
  • Blockland files are now stored in %userprofile%\My Documents\Blockland (Windows) or/Users//Documents/Blockland (Macintosh). For advanced users, this can be changed via the -profilePath command line argument.

Example:

Windows: C:\Program Files\BlocklandLauncher.exe -profilePath "D:\games\Blockland"

Macintosh: /Applications/BlocklandLauncher.app/Contents/MacOS/BlocklandLauncher -profilePath "/Foobar/Blockland"

• Launcher/Auto updater works in dedicated server mode. To run a dedicated server, run it the same way you would before except with BlocklandLauncher.exe.

Example:

Windows: C:\Program Files\BlocklandLauncher.exe -dedicated -map skylands

Macintosh: /Applications/BlocklandLauncher.app/Contents/MacOS/BlocklandLauncher -dedicated -map skylands

Note: There is an optional section of the windows installer to create dedicated server shortcuts on your desktop.

I'm very impressed with the detail in the builds that you showed.

Well, they don't just let anyone into the longest lasting, and certainly one of the most prestigious clans in Blockland.

So like I promised I will make a video on events and that building.

Should I just show some of my events? Like the calculator?

This is a build by Lordy Lord, probably one of the best builders in Blockland.

Posted Image

Edited by Benofdoom

Hello, just wanted to bump this thread by saying how good of a game Blockland is.

No, it's not minecraft.

No, it's not roblox.

There is however, one problem with it.

The community dies quite often, but comes back to life with huge community projects, and clans.

The community dies quite often, but comes back to life with huge community projects, and clans.

Well, that describes AoB at least, some clans tend to be stable most of the time.

I love when people say they are good at events.

I also love showing those same people my events.

I also love their reactions.

Oh yeah I was going to make a video of this game one of these days..

Edited by Benofdoom

Still waiting on our clan server to go up so I can take video of everything in it.

Big edit:

Return To Blockland (RTB) is probably one of the biggest and oldest mods ever created for Blockland.

Today V4 came out improving nearly everything with it.

Edited by Benofdoom