Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Names For Rainbow Dash's Parents?

Prof. Yana

I believe this is the correct place to post this, since it's directly related to a fanfic I'm writing, correct me if I'm wrong.

Does anypony have any suggestions for names for Rainbow's parents? I need them for a fanfic I'm writing.

Well, a lot of people just go under the assumption Firefly is her mother, so you could just go with that.

As for her father Idk how about, Sky blitz?

Just found this.

Rainbow Dash

To promote The Cutie Mark Chronicles, The Hub's website gave users three potential stories for how Rainbow Dash got her cutie mark. Rainbow Dash's parents are mentioned in one of the stories as "loving, supportive parents" who tried to help Rainbow Dash find her mark.[3][4]

Edited by zRevenantz

Huh, I've never heard of Firefly before, that's a good name.

Firefly, and Sideswipe. I dunno, I think that name would suit him. It just sounds like something you could hear an announcer saying.

I might go with Sideswipe, it sounds kind of fitting.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone.

• Brohoof 1

I've never heard of Firefly before

Really? you've never heard of her? She apparently the most famous pony there is.

post-6061-0-47948300-1351596566_thumb.png

She is the pink one(obviously). She is a G1 pony, you know, from the first mlp.

Edited by zRevenantz

Really? you've never heard of her? She apparently the most famous pony there is.

post-6061-0-47948300-1351596566_thumb.png

She is the pink one(obviously). She is a G1 pony, you know, from the first mlp.

Oh, don't you get me wrong, I have heard of the Generation One pony, I've just never heard of using that name for Rainbow Dash's mother.

Mom = Firefly as in the Gen 1 pony

Dad = Spectrum Strike

In my fic I made Rainbow Dash's dad a former football (hoofball I guess) player and her mom a former track star to show Dash came from an athletic family.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 years later...
(edited)

I don't know about Rainbow's dad, but I have reason to believe Dash's mom is none other then the one, the only, Daring Do

Just read this little headcanon here and you'll know what I mean.

https://www.fimfiction.net/group/203/daring-do/thread/89862/daring-do-is-rainbow-dashs-mother

I guess maybe her Dad could be named Rainbow Strike like it is in this story.  However, I have a different name for her dad.  I think his name is Buckaneer Blaze.  The "buckaneer blaze" is the name of Rainbow's signiture move and it would be really touching if she named that after her dad.  

Btw, before you call BS on Dash's mom being Daring Do, just think about it for a second.  

if this mare

my-little-pony-daring-do.png

and this stalion

img-1431135-1-rainbow_dash_s_father_by_v

decided to get together, their daughter would probably look a lot like Rainbow Dash.

Edited by Serenade

who got to wherever he is by undermining his piers.

He shouldn't do that. Piers cost a lot of money to repair. 

Anyway, Rainbow Dash's parents are completely unknown. Any names can be reasonably attributed to them.

Her father is most likely named Rainbow Blaze if this card is any indication

img-2644621-1-CanterlotNights_017.jpg

As for the mother, anything is possible, but personally I'd still like to see her have Firefly's appearance, even if she has to have a different name

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
Her father is most likely named Rainbow Blaze if this card is any indication

That card doesn't say who that is in relation to Rainbow Dash. One of her neighbors maybe?

Edited by Silver Letter

• 1 year later...