Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Did Twilight Sparkle leave her common sense back at Canterlot?

Chespin

You should see in some episodes like Boast Busters and Feeling Pinkie Keen, that Twilight didn't actually believe in that some sort of stuff in some episodes that anypony else would of done. So what happened to her common sence?

You should see in some episodes like Boast Busters and Feeling Pinkie Keen, that Twilight didn't actually believe in that some sort of stuff in some episodes that anypony else would of done. So what happened to her common sence?

Well, Twilight is a scientist, and most scientist are very rational and have the logic of "if it doesn't have a logical explanation, it doesn't exist".
  • Brohoof 2

Well, Twilight is a scientist, and most scientist are very rational and have the logic of "if it doesn't have a logical explanation, it doesn't exist".

SCIENTIST? RATIONAL?????? I'm not rational unless I'm working or something...

Yes, if it doesn't have logic it can't be true...

I'm just one man...

• Brohoof 1

um

Nothing happened to her logic and common sense. The episodes you mention take place in Ponyville, so you may rest assured that Twi did, indeed, take her common sense with her.

The only time when she loses it, is in Lesson Zero.

I don't see what you're talking about.

Edited by Figurehead Uprise
  • Brohoof 4

Think about it. You've been studying all your life and then a somepony tells you she has a 6th sense,second sight,future sight or whatever you call it, would you believe her? It's in Twilight's character to question everything

It's still a mystery how Pinkie does it :blink::wacko:

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Think about it. You've been studying all your life and then a somepony tells you she has a 6th sense,second sight,future sight or whatever you call it, would you believe her? It's in Twilight's character to question everything

It's still a mystery how Pinkie does it :blink::wacko:

um

Nothing happened to her logic and common sense. The episodes you mention take place in Ponyville, so you may rest assured that Twi did, indeed, take her common sense with her.

The only time when she loses it, is in Lesson Zero.

I don't see what you're talking about.

She already questioned everything, and she still wouldn't believe Pinkie's sense, as for Boast Busters, If I were Twilight, I would of just blown Trixie away after her humiliating Twi's friends. There's also Bridle Gossip and Lesson Zero that she didn't even have common sense, so she ended up leaving it in Canterlot and it got swept and lost forever. Edited by Danger Dashie
  • Brohoof 1

Yup, i see twilight as a super-sciency-pony.

If she can't prove something, then its impossible for said something to occur.

I kind of have to agree with her on this, science rules!

You logic is flawed. Just because you can't prove something your self does not mean it's wrong. Just because someone lacks the belief of a god does not mean that that person believes that there is no god.

I can barely even understand what you are trying to say, Dashie.

Did you not read the posts before yours, or are you posting to post?

She is a Scientist. A mare of logic and reason. If someone ran up to you and said they were Jesus, would you believe them? Nope.

And in Lesson Zero, she quite literally had an overload of the brain. A meltdown. Which some of us have sometimes. Are you saying we have naught common since as well?

Well basically her character is a very logical thinker. Therefore she doesn't tend to believe things that aren't logical to her. Thats how logical thinkers are. Most people are logical thinkers to some extent or another.

But she didn't leave her common sense or anything. Honestly if anything shes gained more since she moved to ponyville. We didn't get a whole lot of her living in canterlot considering she moved to ponyville from episode 1.

(edited)

Well basically her character is a very logical thinker. Therefore she doesn't tend to believe things that aren't logical to her. Thats how logical thinkers are. Most people are logical thinkers to some extent or another.

But she didn't leave her common sense or anything. Honestly if anything shes gained more since she moved to ponyville. We didn't get a whole lot of her living in canterlot considering she moved to ponyville from episode 1.

Even look at Canterlot Wedding part 1, she even lacked common sense to try to gather evidence before being yelled at by her brother...

P.S I think Twilight being a logical thinker is why she's my 2nd favorite pony.

Edited by Danger Dashie
  • Brohoof 1

Even look at Canterlot Wedding part 1, she even lacked common sense to try to gather evidence before being yelled at by her brother...

P.S I think Twilight being a logical thinker is why she's my 2nd favorite pony.

Well to be fair she was proably very fearful because she had seen what she was doing to her, and she was in a protective state so maybe she just didn't have time she thought or the mindset to put together some kind of super formulated plan.

People can do rash things at those kinda times, so i'm sure twilight is the same.

Why would she have left all her common sense back home when everypony in Ponyville clearly labels her as an "egghead", especially Rainbow Dash?

I don't believe in ghosts and the supernatural. Doesn't make me have lack of "common sense". Common sense is more like, you shouldn't walk off a cliff.....because bad things will surely happen to your entire existence if you do. :P

She is a Scientist. A mare of logic and reason. If someone ran up to you and said they were Jesus, would you believe them? Nope.

I never heard anything on the show that said that Twilight was a scientist, and about the whole believing they were Jesus part, It's really obvious that they aren't Jesus, but when it comes down to Pinkie Senses: It's too easy to believe that's true, Even the easiest things that are true, Twilight doesn't believe.

In Lesson Zero, she quite literally had an overload of the brain. A meltdown. Which some of us have sometimes. Are you saying we have naught common since as well?

First of all, If I where Twilight, I would just relax after finding out that I didn't send out a friendship report to Celestia, she could of used her common sense there and take Spike's advise Instead of worrying the impossible.

I forget where I read it, but wasn't it said officially somewhere that non-unicorn ponies can use magic, they just can't control it? That might be one way to explain Pinkie Pie's seemingly supernatural abilities.

everypony in Ponyville clearly labels her as an "egghead", especially Rainbow Dash?

Rainbow Dash Is an Egghead too, so your argument is invalid. But anyways they don't show ghosts and zombies in the show, so Twilight Doesn't believe it and that's using common sense, but she always leaves it at home on the worst situations.

Rainbow Dash Is an Egghead too, so your argument is invalid. But anyways they don't show ghosts and zombies in the show, so Twilight Doesn't believe it and that's using common sense, but she always leaves it at home on the worst situations.

The Mane 6 only call Rainbow Dash an "egghead" in the "Read It and Weep" episode seconds before the show's ending, and that's because Rainbow Dash just got fascinated with books. Outside that episode's realm, all the Mane 6 (with the exception of Rarity and Fluttershy) deem Twilight to be an "egghead". It's referenced more than once, therefore outlasting Rainbow Dash's one episode run of it.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

The Mane 6 only call Rainbow Dash an "egghead" in the "Read It and Weep" episode seconds before the show's ending, and that's because Rainbow Dash just got fascinated with books. Outside that episode's realm, all the Mane 6 (with the exception of Rarity and Fluttershy) deem Twilight to be an "egghead". It's referenced more than once, therefore outlasting Rainbow Dash's one episode run of it.

Rainbow Dash is still an Egghead, it's just that she isn't really called that anymore, But Twilight Sparkle still holds the record for being the World's Biggest Egghead... Edited by Danger Dashie

To be fair, Twilight Sparkle's behavior regarding Pinkie Pie did eventually become unscientific. It's perfectly reasonable to reject something with no rational or scientific basis, yet she refuses to acknowledge the evidence that is right in front of her eyes for the sake of adhering to her own viewpoint--something that has clearly happened in multiple occurrences. Science is about being open minded and accepting evidence even if it's contrary to expectations.

I'd be skeptical if someone called himself Jesus. I'd be less skeptical if he actually started performing miracles. I'd still need to investigate further before drawing conclusions, but I wouldn't be quite as ridiculously close minded as Twilight was being.

Funniest thing about Twilight's disbelief? Her specialty is magic.

Edited by Aquila

Pinkie Pie must have special powers. Even though in my opinion Pinkie Sense cannot reasonably be chalked up to circumstantial incidents; that its occurrence is an easily-contested fact, I guess it would still be helpful to figure out how it happens. Because it is already obvious that is does happen.

Yup, the moral of that episode is "put blind faith in stuff". Except not really.

I mean, it is obviously about natural phenomena and natural selection, right?

• 4 years later...