Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What's The First Piece of Pony Merchandise You EVER Bought, and When?

Princes  Cadance

The first piece of merchandise I bought was a Pinkie Pie plush the kind Hasbro makes (the kind I bought) looks... okay, but not as good as the customs some people do. The mane looks nothing like Pinkie's, but I call it her "80's" mane do!

The first pony related thing I have ever bought would probably have to be my Twilight Sparkle blanket. :) I found it at Target and had to beg my mom to buy it for me. Even though it is small on me, I still sleep with it every night. :wub:

• Brohoof 2

i posted this in another thread, but i suppose i can post it again. first piece of ponydise i ever purchased was a set of 3 Fluttershy vinyl decals on Etsy. i was particular about what i was going to put on my truck, and favored subtle stuff, so i ended up with this.

Posted Image

i posted this in another thread, but i suppose i can post it again. first piece of ponydise i ever purchased was a set of 3 Fluttershy vinyl decals on Etsy. i was particular about what i was going to put on my truck, and favored subtle stuff, so i ended up with this.

Posted Image

Well placed sir. It looks very pro. Nice truck by the way.

When at a mall on vacation in Pittsburgh, my uncle who is also my Godfather wanted to buy me a shirt. I saw that classic Fluttershy 'YAY' shirt in the store window. He was like wtf but he knows I'm legit, so he got it for me.

When my 93 year old grandma saw me taking the tag off it that night she looked at it and laughed. I had to say it was "from a funny cartoon I watch" and she was satisfied. ^_^

thank you. i took extra time to make sure it was center and aligned to the window frame before i took off the backing paper. only got one chance to get it right, so it pays to take your time. i actually youtubed the proper method so i wouldnt mess it up.

granted, its not what id consider a nice truck. only one spot of rust on the body, but its about as low end as you can get. stick shift, no power windows/locks, no a/c, 4 cylinder underpowered engine, doesnt have four wheel drive, etc. i guess that works in its favor though... less to go wrong lol.

• Brohoof 1

Well, my first and only so far merch is the H&M four hairclip with extensions set. It has little hair clips depicting Twilight, Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie with long fake hair tails that are supposed to work as funky extensions.

To be honest I think I was dissapointed a fair bit because of the quality. Hair clips are freacking week and will not hold in short hair, and the figurines were glued to the clips with huge amount of something that looked like hot gun glue, it running everywhere, plus the tails were super tangled.

After the initial horror I decided to save what could be saved. Took some nippers and cleaned off all the excess glue strands and drops, combed the tails, cut off an inch of the tips of the tails as it was too tangled and used some hair wax and blow dryer to strighten Twilight's and Rainbow Dashe's tails and curl Pinkie's and Fluttershy's. They still get tangled terribly, but they are a bit better now :) I hope my hair will be long enough soon!

The first one I bought for myself (as opposed to a gift for my niece) was the "This shirt just got 20% cooler" t shirt from Hot Topic. Still didn't quite feel secure enough in my own skin to buy any of the toys for myself, so I thought a Brony shirt would be a good way to start.

My first was a MLP t-shirt with Rainbow Dash on it, all the Pinkie ones were either too small or far too 'busy' for me, it was closely followed by my Pinkie Pie cutie mark badge though.

I bought both at MCM London, I was really happy to find them because I'd been scouring the place for something MLP related but just couldn't find anything.

Within an hour of pinning that badge to my chest I got about 40 brohoofs :)

Oh if anyone can show me where to get a Pinkie Pie car decal I'd be very grateful.

Edited by Fridge

First piece of pony merchandise i bought, actually i bought two at the same time, I bought both Rarity and fluttershy toys. they're the 4 inch figurines. which i absolutely love. Actually, I guess, that's not really true, I collected quite a few of the generation 2 stuff from the 80s. if we're just counting friendship is magic then. Rarity and Fluttershy.

The first one I bought was a brush-able hair Pinkie Pie figure. My friend told me they were only $5.00 and I really wanted to buy one. So I told my mom I was going to look in the card aisle when I really went and picked out Pinkie. I then hid it under a pack of Pokemon cards I was also buying out of embarrassment. It was about a few months ago. :) (This is my FiM experience , I do not remember the older gen ponies I got.)

Edited by Rainbow-Crayons

The first ponies I got was a bind-bag sized Pinkie Pie and Twilight Sparkle (although not from a bind bag, they were the singles). Because I was unable to get to the shops at the time, I had to ask my mum to do it for me, showing her a picture of Pinkie Pie I drew for reference :lol:. The added Twilight Sparkle was a bonus :P.

And since then, now the computer desk is cluttered with ponies...

• 3 weeks later...

My first piece(and only, unfortunately) of merch was a bracelet

One of my friends became a Brony towards the start of the school year and was open about it from the start. About a month ago I saw him wearing that Brony bracelet from Hot Topic, and I literally said to him: "Hermagerh! I want that bracelet!" 

And then he made me give him $10 for it. Totally worth it, xD. That bracelet made me become openly Brony too. Feels good, man.  :wub:

My first piece of pony merchandise it was about a month ago it was a  Applejack plushie i ordered from a friend of mine off of Deviantart and i still got it to this day. (now even though i dont like to admit it and i dont know how it escalated i now have a box full of pony plushies)

• 1 year later...

This cute Fluttershy necklace from Hot Topic. I think it was around the later half of June, last year. :squee:

JwvC2hQ.jpg

Love a necklace, especially a Fluttershy necklace. However I've since turned it into a zipper ... thing, for my Fluttershy hoodie, because the chain broke off and the string I used as a replacement wasn't working very well. :P

• Brohoof 2

The funrise plush with the Spaghetti hair was my first piece of pony merch :D 

It was pretty gnarly. I got it on a rainy day after going to 3 stores in that town I was visiting trying to find something with Rarity on it to get my hands on :D

img-2355344-1-1779067_705150526204571_17

• Brohoof 3