Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv What other shows deserve a reboot?

Zalgo

What other shows do you think should be remade and be just as amazing as MLP FIM? (ex: Amazing voice actors, storyline and animation) I'm thinking right now...

• 8 years later...

Gonna go a different route. ABC's been doing a great job with their game show reboots and others are following suit. I wouldn't mind a Tic-Tac-Dough update since it's been 30 years.

On 3/27/2020 at 6:29 PM, Sepul-Coloratura said:

Powerpuff girls. It's so good but nobody ever rebooted it!

That actually got a reboot a few years ago.

X-Men: The Animated Series. There have been a few other X-Men shows since the 90s, but this one took the cake and I think it's time we get a reboot with an updated look. Maybe remix the original theme song?

We could use more Invader Zim, rather than just the Enter the Florpus movie that came out last year. Keep all the voice talent that returned.

And finally, we need to get House of Mouse back. Make some new shorts and include some old classics as well. Bring in some newer characters as well who didn't exist when the show originally aired, and give some of them their own shorts.

• Brohoof 1

On 3/27/2020 at 5:29 PM, Sepul-Coloratura said:

Powerpuff girls. It's so good but nobody ever rebooted it!

It got one... Unfortunately, a REALLY bad one. :dry:

I was about to say Quantum Leap, but... That might actually be happening... :sealed:

• Brohoof 1

9 hours ago, Yoshi89 said:

Gonna go a different route. ABC's been doing a great job with their game show reboots and others are following suit. I wouldn't mind a Tic-Tac-Dough update since it's been 30 years.

That actually got a reboot a few years ago.

7 minutes ago, Angel_Dust said:

It got one... Unfortunately, a REALLY bad one. :dry:

I was about to say Quantum Leap, but... That might actually be happening... :sealed:

I SAID NOBODY EVER REBOOTED IT. EVER.

Edited by Sepul-Coloratura

Gargoyles!  Keep the original writers and try to use as many of the original voice actors as possible.  I think it would be cool if they did the comics instead of completely rebooting the series, why fix what isn't broken?  I was only able to get a few of the comic books because they haven't reprinted them and they're always sold out where I look for books and it's a great extension of the series.

Kinnikuman needs a reboot, definitely!!!  It's an older manga and I think it needs more love than it's getting lately and some of the elements of the anime should be fixed(like the black-face, etc), this anime was originally made in the late 70's and the 80's, the second part of the series being made in the 90's(still bitter that they made mantaro win the superhuman Olympics in the anime compared to him losing in the manga).  With the reboot of the original manga series and the new arcs, I'd say a new anime series of the new arcs is HIGHLY overdue and with the popularity of streaming services like crunchyroll, it might even bring in some new fans?  It's a good wrestling series and deserves more love imo.

Starla/Guinevere and the Jewel Riders. The original didn't make much of an impact, but that's a potential blessing in disguise. It means there's so much more room to evolve and change the premise without causing too much controversy, unlike some other older girl-oriented toy properties.

There's reportedly an animated series based upon a series of novels based on the Jewel Riders, but it seems like that series is stuck in development, so who knows?

Edited by Bato

jimmy neutron definitely ! also not much of a reboot but a sort of soft reboot of gravity falls for what happens fate the show ended.

umm flintstones , the jetsons , powerpuff girls....ohh wait that one was a mistake lol.

• Brohoof 3

Tiny Toon Adventures, and Chip N Dale Rescue rangers would be fun to see make a comeback if anyone could do justice to these great shows. If this is about ALL shows and not just animated, I wouldn’t mind seeing a return of Northern Exposure, but I don’t know if they could capture lightning in a bottle twice with a show like that.  

• Brohoof 2

• 3 months later...
3 minutes ago, ZiggWheelsManning said:

For me, I would go for KaBlam!, as Action League Now! was the best thing out of it:mlp_wink: that sadly didn't get much episodes:dry:

Fixed that for ya. ;)

in all due honesty that would be pretty neat. 

On 4/2/2020 at 4:37 PM, Onion Splash said:

Chip N Dale Rescue Rangers. Why not? Duck Tales did it.

That would be excellent! I would also like "Kim Possible" Not a reboot, but a continuation showing her college years.

Maaan. Already plenty of good suggestions here.

SWAT Kats, Chip N Dale, Samurai Jack, Johnny Quest, +++.

SWAT Kats in particular because it didn't even end and the quality severely dropped in the last few episodes.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, because of the fact that the Ducktail reboot looks actually really nice, I would mind to have a reboot of shows like TaleSpin, Chip N Dale Rescue Rangers or Darkwing Duck (I know that Darkwing and the Pirates from TaleSpin made an appearence in Ducktales, but why not also an own show?).