Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MLP Conspiracy Theories

duidamasterXD

(edited)

FINALLY, A PERFECT PLACE TO TALK ABOUT MY CONSPIRACY THEORY! I think the flashback potion didn't tell the truth (or at least not the whole truth). Since the potion only responds to alicorn magic, it's very likely that Princess Celestia had something to do with its creation, and she did something so whoever drank it would only see what she wanted them to see. Now, the theory that I truly believe is that she changed Princess Luna's appearance in the flashback so nobody would realize she'd banished a filly who looked no older than 14 to the moon, and she may have changed her  own appearance as well because she was ashamed that her hair had become the way it is now after she banished her own sister to the moon. But that's not crazy, so here's the crazy theory. Princess Celestia didn't just change a few details. She changed the entire event. What actually happened was that Luna started a rebellion against Celestia's tyrannical rule and that's the real reason she was banished to the moon. And Princess Celestia and Princess Luna didn't really defeat Discord together. Discord and Princess Luna were leading the rebellion together, and that's the real reason Princess Celestia turned him into stone. Princess Luna was the one who later freed him. Princess Celestia doesn't know that Princess Luna did it. It was actually Princess Luna's idea to "reform" Discord. She pretended it was so his powers could be used for what Princess Celestia said was good, but really it was so Princess Luna and Discord could continue planning the rebellion. Discord hopes that by being friends with Fluttershy he will eventually be able to show her and the rest of the Mane Six that Princess Celestia is actually evil and they'll use the Elements of Harmony against her. The producers of the show are actually servants of Princess Celestia and will never show us what's REALLY going on.

Edited by melody5697

• 3 months later...

Theory:

Pinkie Pie is the true main character, and the world we see in MLP:FiM is all a figment of her imagination. Not only have we seen her break the 4th wall, we have seen her true insanity in Gummy's birthday party episode. My theory is that Pinkie is truly insane, or the only survivor of an apocalyptic event, and she creates everything around her, the ponies, Equestria, everything, as a "security blanket", so she doesn't have to accept the truth (that she is the only one left alive). Her extreme hyperactive behavior is her trying to distract herself from the dark truth.

Edited by Maud
  • Brohoof 1

The rainbow produced from the Rainbow Factory is made from unicorn feces and it's run by a leprechuan.

i dont think one could sleep through such a loud battle taking place all throughout the city.

She had a lot of practice at the moon.

Edited by cider float

My conspiracy theories:

Whenever you see a pony with a wrong cutie mark (minus MMC), or are inexplicably an alicorn, or duplicate ponies in the same shot, or other "animation errors" like that, they are in fact Changeling spies living among the Ponies. 

The Tree of Harmony is the true ruler of Equestria. Who is the one handing out the elements of harmony? Who is the one that is handing out the Rainbow power? Who's the one who created the castle and the map that sends the elements of harmony around equestria to bring its message to disharmonious areas? What is it that even Discords power has a hard time handling it, and a direct blow instantly turns discord to stone? 

post-4006-0-95347900-1385326754.jpg

My conspiracy theories:

Whenever you see a pony with a wrong cutie mark (minus MMC), or are inexplicably an alicorn, or duplicate ponies in the same shot, or other "animation errors" like that, they are in fact Changeling spies living among the Ponies. 

The Tree of Harmony is the true ruler of Equestria. Who is the one handing out the elements of harmony? Who is the one that is handing out the Rainbow power? Who's the one who created the castle and the map that sends the elements of harmony around equestria to bring its message to disharmonious areas? What is it that even Discords power has a hard time handling it, and a direct blow instantly turns discord to stone? 

I only have one reply to that.

https://youtu.be/R0jQ0SgFLKU

EDIT.

For some reason i cant get the video to play......

Edited by CodeHell

My conspiracy theory.

All of the ponies with hourglass cutie marks are actually controlling the time in Equestria, meaning that time would stop and Equestria would suffer a horrible if even one of them decide to quit controlling time.

• 2 months later...

Celestia is actually a changeling. She rules Equestria to make sure that the love in Equestria is strong and abundant. She even coordinated a hoax with the changeling queen to show ponies the power of love, when really this power doesn't exist. Also, Discord secretly knows about this, but doesn't tell anypony because he believes that it will teach them a lesson about friendship.

Discord IS GOD. He created the universe and life because he was bored one day. He has just lived so long he forgot or doesn't care.

It's completely plausible.  :umad:

The universe is not so badly designed.

• Brohoof 2

My conspiracy theory (or theories), are that: 1. Celestia knows about the future, and the sub of that, 2. Celestia is dying (and she knows it). I'm not very good at explaining it but I'll give it a shot.

My idea of this came from the mystery of Starswirl the Bearded, and how he was a time-traveler. After Celestia was so distraught with having to banish her sister, she pleaded with him to help her see the future so she would never make mistakes like this again. He agreed because he saw her asking the exact same thing in his vision, and it would do no harm to the future. He made a book vaguely labeling what she had to do in order to steer Equestria down the right path, so it would be okay when she inevitably dies 1000 and a bit years into the future.

This is the book Celestia and Luna were nodding at.

This is how Celestia knew about the Elements of Harmony.

She gets them now to do everything to A. Prepare them for the future where she is dead and B. Because she is dying

Starswirl purposely made that unfinished spell for Twilight to complete

It goes on...

Sweet apple acres is actually a mass scam, and granny smith secretly invested tons of money into independant-growing trees that self-seed and care for themselves. It explains why the only work Applejack ever does is kick them.

Grannysmith then erased all memories of the investment from the other ponies minds, her first subject being Macintosh. Unfortunately Macintosh's memory was erased too far, which explains his lack of english vocabulary.

Lauren Faust was going to have Celestial die either out of a heroic sacrifice but by unfortunate circumstances, she has been grooming Twilight to be a princess and to become the next leader for Equestria.

Rainbow Rocks success and Sunset Shimmer's boom in popularity are the reasons why Starlight was redeemed and the ending rushed in The Cutie Re-Mark as well as the reason there were cut scenes from Friendship Games related to Sunset returning to Equestria.  See, it takes time to make an episode or media project, usually a year, so the staff was in the process of writing the season 5 finale when RR aired and they saw the massive popularity of it and so rewrote the S5 finale to try to accommodate a rushed heel-face turn for Starlight Glimmer to make her an expy of Sunset for the show, explaining both why at the SDCC they only showed the animatic since the finale product wasn't ready since they had to do the changes late in the game, as well as that Larson and Haber didn't coordinate their plans for Starlight Glimmer in the show. It would also help explain why there was a two month hiatus in the middle of the season.  As for Friendship Games, since Sunset was popular and some wanted her back in, they executives decided to drop the "returning to Equestria" plot since it firmly placed Sunset solely in the human world which the staff didn't want to confirm. 

Another conspiracy theory: Sunset Shimmer and Starlight Glimmer started out as the same character.  Imagine this scenario: Twilight, a newly crowned princess, has her crown/the Element of Magic stolen by a former student of Celestia, and has to journey across Equestria to retrieve it, which leads them to the villain wear she's using the crown to brainwash an army to follow her and enact a new order on Equestria which is based on her own beliefs. Her backstory starts with her friend getting his cutie mark, abandoning her, but she resolves to get strong in magic just like him and make things better/like the way they use to be (making it just the start of her descent, not the entirety of it) . She enrolls in Celestia's School and makes it, becoming her prized student, but she wishes to grasp more magic and become more powerful because she "knows" how to make things better, but Celestia refuses, telling her she's not ready. The student, unwilling or not wanting to see her teacher, rebels, and goes off to make herself better and make the world better in her own image. Twilight is able to stop her, using both the elements to stop her magic rampage and free her army while giving a speech in order to stop her from running off and causing more damage. 

The reason for the split was because Equestria Girls was set in high school with no magic, so all the magical stuff that would be gained from Equestria had to be ditched and forced Sunset into a more sterotypical "High School Bully" role, but retained most of the backstory, while Starlight got to keep the stuff related to the magical world but lost out on the backstory and several of the character traits. 

• 1 year later...

Some of the antagonists could represent the 7 deadly sins.

Discord: Lust? Constantly striving for power and a proper paradise or relationship. Could also be sloth.

Trixie: Pride. OBIVOUS REASONS.

Queen Chrysalis: Envy. She feeds on love energy felt for someone else, and disguised herself as Cadance to become Shining Armor's wife. Kind of a loose-fitting one.

King Sombra: Wrath. Oppressed and threatened countless citizens, and is obviously filled with anger and hatred.

Tirek: Gluttony. Constantly fed on the magic and energy of citizens to grow more powerful. Could also be greed.

Storm King: Greed. Attempted to use Tempest to gain magic, as well as obtain a staff that acts as a conduit. He even exclaimed multiple times that the staff belonged to him.

Nightmare Moon: Sloth? She remained dormant for thousands of years, and remains so even still. Could also be lust, but I'm not sure how that would fit.

I dunno. Just a thought I had after watching the movie. 

Pinkie Pie knew Rainbow Dash was struggling against Lightning Dust. So she purposely got the Mane 5 to go the academy and put them directly in the path of the tornado. All in an effort to help Rainbow Dash by getting Lightning Dust out of the picture.

Edited by Singe

On 1/9/2016 at 11:56 PM, Sidral Mundet said:

Rainbow Rocks success and Sunset Shimmer's boom in popularity are the reasons why Starlight was redeemed and the ending rushed in The Cutie Re-Mark as well as the reason there were cut scenes from Friendship Games related to Sunset returning to Equestria.

I know this post is almost two years old but thanks to this thread bump I do have a counter argument to this conspiracy.

It's true the episodes do take a long time to make and process however that's mostly in the animation department. In fact most shows (especially freelance ones like MLP) normally go through these steps in the process. 

1) The writers get their script synopses and each write the episode(s) they were assigned.

2) They then all return the scripts (all of them) for final editing and approval

3) At the same time the animators create the base layout animatic as to give some direction to the voice actors, whom do all of their lines at once (i.e. when they are recording for the premiere they're recording for the finale as well).

I mean Chantal Strand saw Diamond Tiara's Season 5 script April of 2014. Unless you think the cast re-recorded the finale then I have to say the events of the season premiere to finale were already set in stone by the time the SDCC aired. Hence Starlight was already pending reformation before Rainbow Rocks even aired. Another conclusion from this is that the script for the Crystalling (a story with already reformed Starlight) had a rough draft completed in November of 2014 only months after Rainbow Rocks aired. 

Unless you believe the Season 6 premiere had nothing to do with Starlight initially when Haber received the synopsis (meaning other writers recieved their synopses as well) and not only in the two months between Rainbow Rocks' debut rewrote the finale's ending but also decided to insert a new character into the premiere and convinced other writers to insert her in some of their episodes as well.

Also you were a little off with the Friendship Games ending. It's true Sunset was going to have a longing for Equestria side plot however the ending by the deleted scenes clearly showed she was going to stay in the human world just Twilight wasn't going to join their group. Her whole wanting to go back to Equestria was because she didn't feel comfortable in the human world, there's unexplained magic and she just doesn't understand it and other than that it's boring, but in the end she comes to realize that there is some excitement in the unknown of magic in this world and thanks to that she finally feels like she has a purpose here. So, no she was never going to go back to Equestria in the end, that decision was set in stone by Hasbro themselves as the character they designed specifically for the Equestria Girls franchise, with no plans on changing that from the beginning.

Edited by KH7672

Celestia let's the bad guys get as far as they do or orchestrate their rise to power to challenge Twilight. Many of the problems Twilight faces is created by Celestia in one way or another. She also covers up world ending events. It just doesn't make sense when you think about it. Think about it... look at how often Twilight has to save the world within the span of a few years. A thousand years and none of these threats ever? As soon as Twilight make some friends she becomes unable to handle the scenario? It doesn't make sense. Only think that make sense is that she allows bad guys to get as far as they do to create conflict. She loves mayhem if the grand galloping galla is any proof.

Another thing is that she banished Luna on the moon on purpose. Why didn't the elements of harmony turn her good back then? What's different? The people using the elements of harmony. It's as simple as that.

Twilight was a horrible pony overall before the show started... like you wonder if your friends a sociopath horrible. What is it with Celestia and her students turning out socially terrible?

By the way... I love Celestia... just some things I pondered.

Princess Celestia was able to stay in power for so long because she had laws changed to protect her power. Only princesses can be rulers. To become a princess is only done under Princess Celestia to bestow that title. There is no legal avenue to challenge Princess Celestia right to the throne.

• 2 months later...

here is my theory it's that everyone is still in world created by discord. pinkie is there to make things seem "normal." also when ever pinkie dissappears she is going tell discord what is going on in equestria's little fantasy world.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 year later...
On 10/18/2014 at 2:17 AM, Deae Rising Shine~ said:

Equestria is actually a future version of our world. The earth core is a mix of lava and magic. In Year 4.000, it explodes, but not destroying earth, only change the whole live on it. This caused to a complete disaster, and the humans who survived are suddenly colored ponies. Without past memories, they start to learn different, slowly well known ponies as Starswirl, Celestia and Luna get born and the rest is history, once already foreseen by Lauren Faust and Hasbro ...

sounds like a Fan Fic XD

Wow! I actually hope this conspiracy theory to be real

• Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...
On 10/17/2014 at 12:17 PM, Deae Rising Shine~ said:

Equestria is actually a future version of our world. The earth core is a mix of lava and magic. In Year 4.000, it explodes, but not destroying earth, only change the whole live on it. This caused to a complete disaster, and the humans who survived are suddenly colored ponies. Without past memories, they start to learn different, slowly well known ponies as Starswirl, Celestia and Luna get born and the rest is history, once already foreseen by Lauren Faust and Hasbro ...

sounds like a Fan Fic XD

Crazy! I had almost that exact dream a few weeks ago, except it we were sucked through a black hole in the sun and came out the other side as ponies (with no memories). The dejavu is real though.