Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Twilight Sparkle Alicorn/Princess Speculation [SPOILERS]

ponyvangelist

614 users have voted

1. 1. Would you approve of Twilight becoming an alicorn?

• Yes!
    • Maybe...
    • NO.

I kind of think she is going to be the Guardian of Equestria. I don't believe she will be the next princess because they have two who are basically God Like. But I do see her and maybe even her friends becoming on par with the two princesses as the Guardians who watch over Equestria and its ponies.

I kind of think she is going to be the Guardian of Equestria. I don't believe she will be the next princess because they have two who are basically God Like. But I do see her and maybe even her friends becoming on par with the two princesses as the Guardians who watch over Equestria and its ponies.

Wouldn't mind that personally if they became guardians. Think the core concern is Twilight and her becoming an Alicorn just to suit the needs of the story. One thing we haven't seen mentioned at all is Princess Skyla from that earlier toy line. If she doesn't come to light during the show then i'm going to assume that vector for Europe was part of a "Pretty Pretty Princess Twilight Sparkle" toy line or something.

Don't have blind faith in the writers, but I do trust them since they have always delivered.

Sounds legit. Especially when Twilight Sparkle's element jewelry is not a necklace like the others but a crown that's even more fancy than Celestia's crown. Also I believe Twilight is the "hidden power super-saiyan pony" that possesses an insane amount of magic power but she can't harness it correctly yet and I believe she has potential to be stronger than both Celestia and Luna combined only if she studies long enough.

Edited by poniesforfun
  • Brohoof 1

Personally I think it is very likely that Twilight is on a trajectory towards becoming an Alicorn in canon. The whole spoiler train screamed that she is headed there. Whether or not that is a good thing is debatable. I mean already she could probably defeat the other 5 mane 6 in a fair fight.

If Twilight is to become the next princess and an alicorn in the process, I, like others hope it'd be at the end of the series or near the end. In the meantime, I'd fully welcome things leading up to that, such as:

• Twilight learning higher levels of magic used by alicorns
  • Adventuring with her friends to places outside Ponyville like in this season three opening more often, in order to help the Princesses protect the nation in a vaster scale
  • Twilight getting scenes where she's able to take on high-class villains by herself, in case her friends are busy in other fights or doing other things at the moment. Can you imagine Twilight going up against Sombra, head-to-head? So much win.
  • Brohoof 3

Hope she doesn't become an alicorn. I mean her brother isn't even one and he's wed to one and usually there's this patriarchal hegemony that the "man always got to be stronger than the woman in abilities."

Is the mistake of making that Celestia toy pink/purple a possible Twilight Sparkle? Just kidding. XD

Edited by poniesforfun
  • Brohoof 1

I feel the ultimate endgame for Generation 4 is Twilight becoming the next princess and ruler of Equestria but I would like to see a grand council of the Mane 6 running things. A hexumvirate if you will because Celestia said just her and Luna held the EoH, so I can't see Twilight assuming all 6 EoH and casting the other 5 powerless.

Edited by Doctor XFizzle
  • Brohoof 1

Well, there's an image up on Derpibooru with a link to a tweet saying it is basically false. While they could be saying that just to say it, i'm going to relinquish my thoughts this round and rejoice with the idea Twilight won't become an Alicorn. Even down the road i'm doubtful she'll become one since it would just open too many worms for ending the series.

S3 Here we come in 13hrs 21min, at least for me.

• 2 weeks later...

i think she should pull a percy and turn down the option of becoming an alicorn, that or allow shining armor to become an alicorn instead of her so he can spend eternity with cadence

There's actually something we don't really know: Is Cadence truly immortal just like Celestia and Luna? I know she's an alicorn, but still. We don't really know anything about her past except that she was Twilight's foalsitter. Her origin is unknown as far as I see, but if she is immortal, then I could see Twilight doing this.

Edit: Actually I just a thought: Celestia knows Twilight has a special destiny, but Twilight doesn't. So what would happen when Twilight DOES realize what she is destined to become. How would she react?

In any case, I think we won't know what will happen to Twilight in Season 3 really, but whatever Twilight is destined to, it will happen when the entire show ends, I'd imagine. That would be the best approach. Any continuation would be highly risky and would make the show... ... I don't know... confusing?

Edited by Koori

There's actually something we don't really know: Is Cadence truly immortal just like Celestia and Luna? I know she's an alicorn, but still. We don't really know anything about her past except that she was Twilight's foalsitter. Her origin is unknown as far as I see, but if she is immortal, then I could see Twilight doing this.

i assume cadence is immortal, i was thinking along the lines of: twilight is given 1 wish for saving equestria on multiple occasions/fufilling her destiny, ANY wish, and the expected wish is that twilight would chose to become an alicorn/rule beside celestia/luna as the princess of magic, but instead of using the wish for herself, she'd rather wish that shining armor becomes an alicorn. also there would be some subplot about how armorxcadence are worrying about her immortality and how she wouldnt want to live if shining armor dies. this ending(intended for a series finale) would solve that problem. this also solves the problem of 'if twilight became an alicorn, would she have to leave her friends?'

• Brohoof 1

Hmm. Everyone has a lot of good points here. I think that, if they DO turn Twilight into an Alicorn princess, then it would be for the series finale. I also think that maybe Luna is working on her own secret project, as someone said before. After Twilight is elevated to Alicorn Princess, if it does happen, then the others wouldn't be left out, but I don't know how the writers would include them in this. While I do believe that maybe these suspicions are correct, and I do enjoy the idea, we'll just have to wait and see. (I had another idea, but I forgot it, which is probably good.)

Yeah, I agree with the above poster. If the show goes the route of Twilight becoming an alicorn she'll pull a Percy Jackson and turn it down in favor of being with her friends, you don't end a series about learning the value of friendship with Twilight essentially returning to where she was at the beginning if the series.

Also I just don't see the Mane 6 governing Equestria as the end either, mainly because none of them would want to. Does Rainbow Dash want to be responsible for a country? No, she wants to blow the country's collective mind with how awesome a flier she is. Does FLUTTERSHY want to be responsible for a country? Heck no.

• Brohoof 1

Just finished reading all of the theories and statements on this thread, a very diverse lot of opinions and suggestions.

I personally think the eventual ending to G4 will be Twilight Sparkle becoming an alicorn. I would love to see episodes leading up to it though, like seeing how she'd cope with wings, how to cast higher and more advance spells to name a few.

I think it would be awesome if the other 5 of the Mane 6 became something like Knights of the round table or something like that to create a government. It would be quite interesting, seeing the decisions they'd make and all.

• Brohoof 1

here's a question for everyone, if Twilight does become an Alicorn, who will teach her how to fly? Celestia, Luna, Cadence, Rainbow Dash, or Fluttershy? i can sorta think of a reason for all of them.

Celestia: because she's Twilight's teacher

Luna: it can be a way for them to bond

Cadence: they are both very close to each other

Rainbow Dash: she is the fastest flyer in all of Equestria and being one of Twilight's best friends would be happy to teach her

Fluttershy: though she is very shyi think she would be happy to help Twilight ((even more so if Twilight was starting to feel a bit pressured or something))

your thoughts?

If it really was to happen, I'd definatly want her to have to go through the learning process and not just somehow figure it out all on her own in no time. As to who should be the ones to teach her, I would like to see both Dash and Fluttershy showing her in their own ways.

I so wouldn't want Dash as my only teacher in something as dangerous as flying :P

• Brohoof 1

In a fic where all of the characters had a turn as mayor, fluttershy did the best job of any of them. A little kindness can go a long way when running a country.

As for who would teach her to fly -- My guess would be a combination of Luna and RD. RD wouldnt want to pass up that chance.

Could she Percy and say, "No, I am sorry Celestia." I think it would depend on the stakes. I mean if Equestria needs her, Twilight would step up to bat. If it were just to avoid death, she could Percy, *BUT* somehow I think the idea of a limitless time to study EVERYTHING would be very VERY tempting to Twi.

• Brohoof 1

hmmmm maybe the other mane six could also become alicorns in the last season they all are elments of harmony which the princess was but to be truthful i think the writers are trying to make us think there becoming a princess when really shes gonna become somthing else these season atleast princess is to predictable

She is the Defender of Equestria, Vanquisher of Nightmare Moon, Discord and Chrysalis.

Er, she didn't vanquish Queen Chrysalis. Shining Armour and Princess Cadance did, with the power of love. :3

Also, continuing from the other content of the original post, Celestia didn't ask her royal family because:

1. Twilight Sparkle and her friends bear the most powerful things in Equestria, the Elements of Harmony.

2. It isn't shown or said how big her family is.

3. Her family may not be as powerful as the Element Bearers.

Also, I really doubt you can become an Alicorn. If that was possible, unicorns with great magic ability would be becoming Alicorns and proclaiming themselves royalty.

• Brohoof 1

If one could become an Alicorn, wouldn't someone like Starswirl have become one? He seems like the first one mentioned whenever powerful magic is brought up. Unless Starswirl just specialized in magical theory when Alicornification requires just raw power ( which Sparky seems to have in spades). But think about this though, Celestia says that she's never seen a unicorn with Twilight's raw ability. If one becomes an alicorn, wouldn't that mean that Cadence would have become one recently, and she had comparable magic to Twilight?

I'm maintaining that you are born an Alicorn, and that changing your race is impossible. Time may prove me wrong though

• Brohoof 1

I don't want Twilight to become a princess if it means leaving the Mane 6, unless it was at the end of the series that is. If that did happen though, I think episode 5 would be a good place to do that. She does after all get banished from Ponyville by Trixie.

Speaking of Trixie, I hope that she was being controlled by that necklace, and once the necklace is destroyed, she returns to her senses, finally learns from her mistakes, and joins the Mane 6 to atone for what she's done (that is if Twilight becomes a princess, even though it would suck having Twilight leave the Mane 6, if anypony would replace her, it would have to be the great and powerful Trixie)

Tara Strong confirmed that Twilight will not become an alicorn. Her next levels of her studies has something to do with Luna. Megan Mcarthy said something about Letters To Luna.

Whoa, I haven't heard anything about this. When did this come up? If this is true then we get more screentime for the best princess, so I'd be on board with it.
  • Brohoof 2

Tara Strong confirmed that Twilight will not become an alicorn. Her next levels of her studies has something to do with Luna. Megan Mcarthy said something about Letters To Luna.

If that's true then the only question now is: Letters about what? Princess Celestia already receives letters about friendship from the Mane 6... so what's the topic Luna will receive about?
  • Brohoof 1