Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Twilight Sparkle Alicorn/Princess Speculation [SPOILERS]

ponyvangelist

614 users have voted

1. 1. Would you approve of Twilight becoming an alicorn?

• Yes!
    • Maybe...
    • NO.

no, that would make it seem like they are just doing it to sell stuff, and just to make a few bucks. I mean if it was temporary I'm all for it. Though if perminent it would ruin Twilight for me

And that makes her a Mary Sue? Some ponies are nerdy. I'm nerdy. She has done wrong, and she has learnt from it. Things have turned out OK because that it the nature of the show. Friendship is Magic. If she failed then that would defeat the purpose. May I remind you we have 6 year olds watching.

Agreed, Twilight Sparkle is not overpowered (well not yet considering how hasbro is gonna go and do this.) She did loose to Trixie from that Magic duel, that goes to show that he is not the most powerful unicorn town. Also there has been times where Celestia informed Twilight of her mistakes.

I'm not reading this topic because while I don't mind episode spoilers, I don't want to read possible confirmation of that happening.

If it happens, it'll happen. A shame but Celestia said that she was ready for the episode premier. Ready for what? Who knows. This? Maybe. Defeat some ancient evil? Possibly. I don't own the show, the fans don't own it, Hasbro does.

Assuming she is, what'll happen then? How will they handle it? Hasbro has been doing good so far so I trust them on this.

• Brohoof 1

*sigh*

Well something is obviously going to happen to Twilight, as apparently she will discover her 'true destiny' and is moving on to the 'next level of her studies,' whatever that means. Now whether or not that entails her becoming an alicorn or something I don't know, but I hope not.

If the transformation were temporary or at the end of the series then I'd be half ok with it, but I would have some fairly significant objections to it if it weren't either of those.
I would be okay with something like that probably, especially if it was something temporary like the Elements of Harmony, bonus points if it also involves her friends somehow.
  • Brohoof 2

I'd much prefer them to keep Twilight the way she is. She's much more cuter without becoming overpowered. I wouldn't really like her even if temporary, but if it was temporary I wouldn't hate her either. 

inner_forces_awaken_by_voaxmasterspydre-

Guys, I think ya'll are over reacting a bit.

Hasbro is apparently trying to turn their show into crap to try to sell more toys, I'm sure the MLP team will pull it off and if this does happen, they'll make some good story to go along with it. Ya'll were flipping shit when ya'll heard a pink new alicorn was being introduced along with Twilight's brother

• Brohoof 7

NO! Come on, it wouldn't be the same. They can't take away our Twilight! As a temporary change, for couple episodes, it would be an interesting motive but otherwise NO!

And I want to believe that everything I put my trust in (WoW, The Simpsons, MLP) , won't disappoint me.

They can't ruin those for me. I'm very tolerant fan, but I also have my limits.

But Twilight becoming an alicorn imo would wreck everything. Also I think that in order to be an alicorn, you would have to be born that way. ;)

• Brohoof 2

I would not like the change at all, even if it is temporary. I don't like the idea of regular ponies becoming alicorns, it just makes the existing alicorns seem a little less unique (even if Cadence did it before, at least she was an alicorn from the beginning.) However, I don't believe the rumor at all.

• Brohoof 2

Our cute, sweet, adorkable little Twilight, an alicorn? No, just no.

NO.

If Hasbro ever does this (and makes it permanent), MLP will lose me as a fan. There is simply no possible way to make Twilight Sparkle an alicorn and keep her the same Twilight we know and love. I can see no justification for any move like that. The moment she becomes an alicorn is the moment My Little Pony positively and irreversibly jumps the shark. I really hope they won't. They're better than that, right? Maybe not. The recent rumors, however unverified, make just enough sense for me to have doubts.

A temporary change could prove an interesting plot element, but permanent? No. Fucking. Way.

• Brohoof 2

Only if it's the show finale.

Only if it's the show finale. And even then I'm not too keen on it.

I mean, if it happens, and they pull it off properly, I'd go along with it. But since it hasn't yet, it just... makes me uneasy. If it's stuck in some random episode as some sort of plot, then it'll be even worse. You don't just toss out both horns and wings to everypony outside for 20 minutes.

Besides, I'm of the belief that Alicorns are born/created, not just a pony with whatever growth they're missing glued on.

• Brohoof 3

It better be temporary. That's all I have to say about it. If it's permanent, then I'll honestly stop watching MLP altogether. This will unleash a ****storm amongst the community in minutes this is shown.

NEVER.

• Brohoof 1

While I wouldn't boycott MLP or anything drastic,I would hope they avoid making Twilight into an alicorn at all costs,even if it is only temporary.

If they do decide to go through with it,welp,it better be damn well written as to why Twilight is an alicorn now.But we'll cross that bridge when and if we cross that bridge.

No. God no.

This would destroy the entire dynamic of the show. There's no way Twilight could remain a part of the Mane 6 in the same capacity that she is now if she were an Alicorn. It would completely destroy the show as we know it.

The only exception is if it were the series finale, a dream sequence, or a temporary change. If its permanent, MLP:FiM will have lost my viewership.

Edited by Sky Nomad
  • Brohoof 2

I was fine with Cadence being introduced as an alicorn, but I definitely don't support this. Twilight turning into an alicorn would make her far more superior than her friends could possibly ruin the show for me.

I highly doubt it will happen, so I'm not worried about it.

e: Refer to this post instead.

Edited by Kenny
  • Brohoof 1

i think it would be cool to see twilight become an alicorn, to me it feels like thats her destiny that princess celestia set up for her

Edited by STVB
  • Brohoof 1

That depends, if it is done right it can see it working very well if it is done wrong however Twilight will probably end up becoming a Mary Sue which would seriously suck. If she does become an alicorn it should build up to it not just all of a sudden and it should be saved until toward the end of the series it dosen't have to be the very last episode but too soon and it ruins everything.

Edited by EarthbendingProdigy
  • Brohoof 1

Yes! Most of the complaints are just possible directions for the show to go with it if the writers are stupid, which they certainly haven't been so far.

She's already overpowered, so no big change there. Celestia herself said she's never seen such raw potential, and that's in over 1000 years. Sure she can't do an age spell on purpose at the moment, but she did one on Spike immediately after hatching him in Cutie Mark Chronicles, so it's only a matter of time (just like Rainbow learning to do her sonic rainboom at will). Not to mention, she seems to have been the only unicorn to actually succeed at hatching the dragon egg for the entrance exam, since we haven't seen any other dragons participate in pony society. The rest of the mane 6 have already stated that they're ok with her being powerful, so it shouldn't really affect the bonds of friendship... and it better not, because then the elements of harmony would become unusable, and obviously elements > Celestia, so the overall power dynamic is unchanged.

She doesn't have to leave her friends or take on any royal duties anytime soon.

Personality wise, she'll still be the same old Twilight. Just with wings and immortality, the latter of which is the only part of the whole thing that really matters in terms of her friends. And I don't think the mane 6 will be dealing with old age within the time period the series covers.

Doing it at the end of the series would just be annoying since we'd never get to see how things work out. Doing it temporarily would defeat the primary purpose for me, which is to get her immortal so Spike, Celestia and Luna won't ever have to lose her. So I hope it's permanent and before the end, or not at all.

• Brohoof 3

No. Go away.

Some people incessantly attempt to inculcate the precocious notion that alicorn Twilight can be the best ever.

The hordes and legions of frustratingly terrible alicorn OCs out there already indicate otherwise. It would be a shame to put the main character of all ponies in such a predicament where it would be very easy to garner an extremely negative reputation; as boisterous as it is, no matter what the circumstances involved in possibly "transforming" her into a "higher level" as it were. An untimely release for a character taking into accounting the sheer significance she holds to the show will be ripped to shreds and will push it beyond that of Mary Sue territory.

Hearts will be shattered and spirits will be crushed. You don't want that kind of post-holiday celebration, right? If Hasbro does choose to go through with this, it may just be the equivalent of hanging oneself. Gallivanting and appearing to be completely clueless of your own marketing strategies will not get you any customers.

Edited by Alfonzo Dennard

After reading everyone's replies, maybe Alicorn Twilie ain't that bad o3o

Dc6rp.jpg

As Berryzoid said earlier, we all know the shitstorm that happened months ago when they revealed that there will be a 3rd alicorn. Turns out the new alicorn is okay. I guess it won't hurt to have a bit more faith to the writers behind the show.

Merriwether Williams is an exception, though.

• Brohoof 4

I don't want her to change into an alicorn. It just feels kinda of odd that they would do that and what would happen next to her? Would she get her own kingdom and the show just looks and that?

It just feels odd to me right now.

• Brohoof 1

The more I think about it, even if she could become an Alicorn, I don't even think she is ready. Sure, she's becoming one of the most proficient ponies in Equestria in the fields of magic, but she still has a lot of street smarts to learn. She's prone to overreacting and still has a lot to learn about life outside of her library. Being too intellectual and analytical can be bad as not using these skills enough, and I still think she has to find a balance, and finding that balance will take a lot longer than the end of season 3.

• Brohoof 2