Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Twilight Sparkle Alicorn/Princess Speculation [SPOILERS]

ponyvangelist

614 users have voted

1. 1. Would you approve of Twilight becoming an alicorn?

• Yes!
    • Maybe...
    • NO.

Maybe it is a royal favor thing. Celestia and Luna like her, they think she would rule well. Also, I'm starting to think Discord was involved since Celestia doesn't do anything to give her wings, just a white flash, which Discord seems to love along with his ability to take and give wings.

That's not what "Twilight Sparkle and the Crystal Heart Spell" says...

Anyways, I'm glad that Equestria Girls brought up some of Twilight's issues with princesshood. And alicornhood. It makes the wait for season 4 more bearable. That and I want to see where else they take these issues.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm only a 2-week old Brony, so this is a little deep for me. Learned a lot though!

For my 2 cents (2 weeks' worth lol), all I can say is that it seems a bit too early to make Twilight some semi-all powerful princess, unless Lauren Faust and company feared that the show would be cancelled soon and wanted to get it out of the way.

Otherwise, unless it's against MLP lore, I think it would be interesting to see ALL the ponies (Mane 6- love that term) become alicorns in one way or another (perhaps during "boss battles" when they use their elements).

No, I do not support it all. I simply disagree, because I think Twilight may abandon her friends on a doorstep. Now what I mean by that is, that they might come up to say "hi" or ask how shes doing and she slams the door in there face. And to me, she isn't "Twilight Sparkle" anymore. Shes something different, and I don't like that. I like her BEING Twilight. Out of things they could've changed, they changed her. I really do hope that she either askes Celestia to turn back into a Unicorn or if she was just dreaming of the whole thing. This, I don't know. I don't like the transformation too much.

No, I do not support it all. I simply disagree, because I think Twilight may abandon her friends on a doorstep. Now what I mean by that is, that they might come up to say "hi" or ask how shes doing and she slams the door in there face. And to me, she isn't "Twilight Sparkle" anymore. Shes something different, and I don't like that. I like her BEING Twilight. Out of things they could've changed, they changed her. I really do hope that she either askes Celestia to turn back into a Unicorn or if she was just dreaming of the whole thing. This, I don't know. I don't like the transformation too much.

The transformation didn't change her yet. One of her first questions after returning as an alicorn was "Is there a book I can read about being a princess?" At her coronation, she called all her friends forward and told the entire crowd that she wouldn't be standing there if not for them. All of this is classic Twilight. And it also makes it unlikely that she'll abandon her friends. 

Maybe I'm just not seeing the change you are referring to. Could you be more specific about how you feel she has changed?

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

What I mean is she probably isn't going to be like Twilight anymore. What I'm trying to say is that maybe she is going to be some how corrupted with power, as any princess or any ruler gets. I think I'm just perhaps too worried about her. I just like her being a unicorn to put it simply.

The transformation didn't change her yet. One of her first questions after returning as an alicorn was "Is there a book I can read about being a princess?" At her coronation, she called all her friends forward and told the entire crowd that she wouldn't be standing there if not for them. All of this is classic Twilight. And it also makes it unlikely that she'll abandon her friends. 

Maybe I'm just not seeing the change you are referring to. Could you be more specific about how you feel she has changed?

Edited by lazyfireball7889

I agree with what Full Spectrum said, I mean she wouldn't be where she is if it wasn't for her friends and discovering the magic of friendship, I'm excited to see what she faces for Season 4!

(edited)

What I mean is she probably isn't going to be like Twilight anymore. What I'm trying to say is that maybe she is going to be some how corrupted with power, as any princess or any ruler gets.

Like Princess Cadance? :P

But seriously, the only time Twilight became drunk with power is in the Crystal Heart Spell book, and that was because of a spell that magnified her worst aspects or something. But of course the magic of friendship snapped her out of it. Add that to the fact that this story is kinda acceptable as canon, and that Twilight didn't change one bit even in the body of a stick figure for three days, not to mention the multiple reassurances from the staff and Tara Strong that Twilight's character will not be altered from that of an adorkable lover of her friends and studies, and I think it's safe to say she won't be changing anytime soon.

Unless you're reluctant to accept such outside sources into the equation. In which case...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1cs2lXXOuU

Edited by immblueversion
  • Brohoof 2

Dawn Of A New Twilight

Becoming a royal princess and an alicorn has definitely changed Twilight. She's Rainbow's new flying buddy, after all, and aside from the physical transformation, her new duties as the Princess of Magic will require her to grow even more than she already has and do her very best for Equestria.

But I can't find anything in any of the 65 episodes we've seen so far that even so much as remotely suggests she will ever abandon her friends or drift away from them, except perhaps as a temporary plot device that would be corrected by the time the credits roll.

We've seen how Twilight has handled so many different difficult situations, and she has proven again and again how honest, faithful and true of heart she is. It is clear that she has always been meant to fulfill a great destiny, and as the pivotal scene in Magical Mystery Cure is careful to illustrate, the power that transformed her came not from Princess Celestia, but from her own heart.

Though it is certainly understandable that many of us will have concerns (I have mine), and she will never truly be perfect (as no one can be), Princess Twilight is who she is meant to be, and that is something to celebrate.

post-2150-0-14717100-1375870017.jpg

Indeed, I am hopeful we will have many, many more seasons to do just that. :)

• Brohoof 2

In case some of you either forgot or didn't know, Meghan McCarthy HERSELF stated that Twilight WON'T be separated from her friends, she WON'T be moving out of Ponyville, and she WON'T even outlive her friends.

Does someone need to copy-paste those facts and PM them to everyone in this forum for fans to start taking this into account when talking about Alicorn Twilight? i mean seriously...

• Brohoof 2

wow...some people are so analytical about this. i just feel that since she is pretty much a prodigy child. super good with magic, teacher's favorite student, i mean she pretty much has everything going for her. she has the best already. why not even be more ultra powerful and stuff?

• 2 weeks later...

I never really liked Twilicorn, but it would be kinda neat if she took Celestia's form and became next main ruler :)

But one thing is if that happens, she would look nothing like her friends. :derp:

Also, if she's not going to stay in Ponyville, she will have no time her friends, and might be treated differently by her buddies. :(

~ RainbowPancakes, over and out B)

I never really liked Twilicorn, but it would be kinda neat if she took Celestia's form and became next main ruler :)

But one thing is if that happens, she would look nothing like her friends. :derp:

Also, if she's not going to stay in Ponyville, she will have no time her friends, and might be treated differently by her buddies. :(

~ RainbowPancakes, over and out B)

The second and third things you've aren't gonna happen, McCarthy herself already said will still live in Ponyville with her friends and will neither change personality wise nor be treated differently.

seriously, could someone please put in a 'read first FAQ' or something on this subforum? I'm getting a little tired of having to point out how groundless those Twilicorn fears are by myself here.

edit: And I already pointed out what McCarthy said in this very same page, were you reading this before you made this post?

Edited by Misterian

The second and third things you've aren't gonna happen, McCarthy herself already said will still live in Ponyville with her friends and will neither change personality wise nor be treated differently.

seriously, could someone please put in a 'read first FAQ' or something on this subforum? I'm getting a little tired of having to point out how groundless those Twilicorn fears are by myself here.

edit: And I already pointed out what McCarthy said in this very same page, were you reading this before you made this post?

I'm not even going to say anything so we don't start an argument -_-

Everyone thinks negative of my posts, what the heck?!

Anyways, yeah, but it still would be kind of cool of Twi got a change in appearance or something.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm really not okay with twilight becoming an alicorn. When princess celestia said "that's cuz she is a princess" I waited until I vomited. My cousin passed out with coma. My mom fainted for two hours. My sister spit ou water like pinkie did. WE AE SO NOT OKAY WITH TWILLIGHT BEIN A DARN PRINCÈSSÃ

I have a theory. Twilight is told that she must remain in Canterlot and that her friends cannot accompany her. As a result, Twilight steps down from her leadership. Celestia reveals that the whole incident was a test of friendship. Sound good?

some ponys don't like that twilight became an alicorn, but i believe that this brings a new chapter in the story, so what will happen next rainbowdash becoming a wounderbolt, rareity being a canterlot dress designer? I bow my head for the princess.

I'm really not okay with twilight becoming an alicorn. When princess celestia said "that's cuz she is a princess" I waited until I vomited. My cousin passed out with coma. My mom fainted for two hours. My sister spit ou water like pinkie did. WE AE SO NOT OKAY WITH TWILLIGHT BEIN A DARN PRINCÈSSÃ

i can feel where you came from just try and give it a change i suggest watching equestra girls the movie was great. then do you really think it was a bad idea?

I have a theory. Twilight is told that she must remain in Canterlot and that her friends cannot accompany her. As a result, Twilight steps down from her leadership. Celestia reveals that the whole incident was a test of friendship. Sound good?

no, that would be just a really bad prank, the writers would not let a movie pass about her still being a alicorn, and they would put it in the middle of a season not as a finale

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I don't mind it at all. Provided the writers of the show know what they are doing. If it was up to me, Twilight's personality wouldn't change one bit, to me, she is just thrown into a set of new circumstances and deal with these new found problems as the same pony who stumbled into Ponyville. The show will only have problem when they try to make her into a different pony. Characters are essential for this series, and as long as mane6's characters stay the same, I don't see a reason to fret, I am rather intrigued by the new situation.

I, for one, thought it the next logical step in Twilight's growth along the journey of life. I loved the fact that the very first thing she did was to ask what books she needed to read to become a princess. That was the writers showing us that Twilight really hadn't changed at all. People have also been talking about Celesta or Discord "made" her an Alicorn. I disagree. When the start of Twilight's ascension teleported her to "otherspace", Celestia joined her there with only one purpose. To keep Twilight calm while the metamorphosis took place. That's why she sang such a gentle song to her, about how proud she was. It was almost a form of hypnosis. The way I see it, Twilight would have been very scared and upset facing this unknown all alone.  If you watch, the power that surges free to give her wings came from within her, Celestia didn't provide it.    

• Brohoof 2

I, for one, thought it the next logical step in Twilight's growth along the journey of life. I loved the fact that the very first thing she did was to ask what books she needed to read to become a princess. That was the writers showing us that Twilight really hadn't changed at all. People have also been talking about Celesta or Discord "made" her an Alicorn. I disagree. When the start of Twilight's ascension teleported her to "otherspace", Celestia joined her there with only one purpose. To keep Twilight calm while the metamorphosis took place. That's why she sang such a gentle song to her, about how proud she was. It was almost a form of hypnosis. The way I see it, Twilight would have been very scared and upset facing this unknown all alone.  If you watch, the power that surges free to give her wings came from within her, Celestia didn't provide it.    

good speculation! I think the thing most bronies are going through right now isn't the change...not at all...it's the fact that it happened so soon...personally for me, I would have liked to see a few more seasons and a slower buildup...maybe a movie at the end that felt less rushed than the S3 finale...but all in all...we just have to see where it goes from now...I'm sure we won't be disappointed.

• Brohoof 1

Honestly, I didn't get what all the buck was about. Isn't it a good thing to have a show that has change? Isn't it great to be able to watch something that actually goes somewhere, and doesn't just reset back to normal at the end of an episode? I would much rather watch a show in which the characters actually go places in life as well as learning along the way, so it feels more...connected. In my opinion the best shows are like this, e.g. MLP, Adventure Time, Doctor Who. Plus it's much better to do that than continue with her being the student, the writers would run out of ideas eventually until it's repetitive. Alicorn Twilight opens up a whole new buffet of different courses for the show to take in future series, such as Twilight learning about leadership, responsibility, and maybe even a time when she gets a student of her own?

I dunno. I don't get why everyone's getting their tail in a twist about it, it's only change. :)

Perhaps, @, but I think a lot of Bronies and fans have moved on from sweating about Twilight actually being an Alicorn to the way it was pulled off. Magic Mystery Cure was a good episode in my opinion, don't get wrong, but it absolutely needed to be a two-parter.

At least, that's how I feel. I don't go around whining about it, but I'd be lying if I told anypony that I don't think that such a big change needed a two-part episode.

• 2 weeks later...

Yep she will be like celestia c: maybe first like cadence or princess luna well... we will wait for season 4  laugh.png  i love princess twilight i dont know why some bronies or pegasister not like she like that

So much time has passed since Magical Mystery Cure, but opinions have stayed the same. With the general consensus that the Season 3 finale felt rushed and could have been a 2-parter, can we please move on to something else, like what is gonna happen in Season 4?

There are so many ways things could go right or wrong, so tell us, what doing you think is a good idea and what is a NO WAY JOSE? Also, what do you think will happen in the next season.

I, for one, hope Twilight takes a role similar to which of Celestia, by guiding ponies in their adventures with friendship. It could be fun to center episodes more on secondary and sometimes background characters, and having them relate to Twilight what they learned at the end of the episode, like they did in the first two seasons.

• 1 month later...

My biggest issue so far with Princess Twilight and it's a gripe of the show in general, is that they don't show intermediate character growth and only make changes in a big way. For example, we still don't know what role Twilight will play and I don't expect any of the announced episodes to tackle this issue. The writers have never been good with pacing over all and seem to regularly miss opportunities to make certain needed points. We don't need long drawn lot scenes. Maybe just Rarity upgrading Twilight's home or Twilight and Spike talking about what her new role might be. Granted we've only had three episodes if you consider 1&2 as the same episode. However, the writers could have inserted something to let us know in each episode how Twilight's life is changing.