Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Twilight Sparkle Alicorn/Princess Speculation [SPOILERS]

ponyvangelist

614 users have voted

1. 1. Would you approve of Twilight becoming an alicorn?

• Yes!
    • Maybe...
    • NO.

Hey, guys,

What if Twilight's destiny is to crown Cadence Queen of the Crystal Kingdom?

Did you ever think of that?

It could work.  It could happen.

A bunch of people are really freaking out, but seriously, CALM. DOWN.

M. A. Larson is writing the finale episode.

I think that most of us can agree that Larson has always been one of the most brilliant writers in the show.

There are loads of things which could account for the title and could also reveal Twilight's destiny without her being an Alicorn.

Even in the event that it happens, I think that the writers will make it work without subtracting anything at all from the show. I trust those guys.

• Brohoof 1

They're the group from Saddle Arabia, rewatch Magic Duel mate. Again guys, don't worry so much about it, the show just CAN'T be ruined out of no where, and I don't think it will, no matter what the outcomes of these episodes.

Oh yeah almost forgot about that. I dont think they would make Twi a Alicorn unless they care more about the assumation that a Alicorn Twi toy would bring them cash than there actual fans

O

Meh, i think most we will ever see is wings created by magic. In a way, Rarity already was an alicorn temporarily :P

But what ever happens, it all depends on how it happens. Still, i am hoping for something slightly more unexpected. The path of magic probably has many other ways to become more powerful. It didn't take much for Trixie to become an issue and as you could see, her real power could only make Rainbow Dash tickle.

Hey, guys,

What if Twilight's destiny is to crown Cadence Queen of the Crystal Kingdom?

Did you ever think of that?

It could work.  It could happen.

A bunch of people are really freaking out, but seriously, CALM. DOWN.

M. A. Larson is writing the finale episode.

I think that most of us can agree that Larson has always been one of the most brilliant writers in the show.

There are loads of things which could account for the title and could also reveal Twilight's destiny without her being an Alicorn.

Even in the event that it happens, I think that the writers will make it work without subtracting anything at all from the show. I trust those guys.

Don't be silly, Queen's are evil in MLP universe.

Meh, i think most we will ever see is wings created by magic. In a way, Rarity already was an alicorn temporarily :P

But what ever happens, it all depends on how it happens. Still, i am hoping for something slightly more unexpected. The path of magic probably has many other ways to become more powerful. It didn't take much for Trixie to become an issue and as you could see, her real power could only make Rainbow Dash tickle.

Don't be silly, Queen's are evil in MLP universe.

1) The Amulet Alicorn was a rare thing. For all we know The most powerful Alicorn of all time is in that Amulet.

2) Just because One Queen is evil doesnt mean all Queens are evil.

• Brohoof 1

For a little while after the commercial was released, I've kind of been panicking. The sticker, the office background thing and the episode title all add up and strongly suggest Twilight becoming a Princess and an Alicorn, but I feel like such a fool now after what many of you have pointed out.

The sticker and office decoration are likely fan vectors. Hell, they're certainly not the first official MLP product to use fan-made resources (*cough*Gameloft*cough*). As for the finale's title? Remember in the Season 3 premiere, when somepony in the background blurted out "Behold! The Crystal Princess!" when referring to Princess Cadence. I think that there's some kind of connection to that (which also further explains Cadence's cutie mark), and that the "Princess Coronation" is probably meant for Cadence, not so much Twilight.

Still doesn't explain the whole "Twilight's Destiny" thing though.

For a little while after the commercial was released, I've kind of been panicking. The sticker, the office background thing and the episode title all add up and strongly suggest Twilight becoming a Princess and an Alicorn, but I feel like such a fool now after what many of you have pointed out.

The sticker and office decoration are likely fan vectors. Hell, they're certainly not the first official MLP product to use fan-made resources (*cough*Gameloft*cough*). As for the finale's title? Remember in the Season 3 premiere, when somepony in the background blurted out "Behold! The Crystal Princess!" when referring to Princess Cadence. I think that there's some kind of connection to that (which also further explains Cadence's cutie mark), and that the "Princess Coronation" is probably meant for Cadence, not so much Twilight.

Still doesn't explain the whole "Twilight's Destiny" thing though.

Oh god no. Not another mobucking Cadence episode. She is going to appear in the episode before the finale. wich makes it 5 Episodes with the crystal kingdom and Cantrrol wedding. Man Cadence is such overrated. :P

This...is the worst thing I've seen in a fandom. I've been in a lot of fandoms, and I've never seen something like this.

Not alicorn Twilight, the reaction. 

A lot of people seem to never learns from past mistake. This kinda thing happened during Mare-do-well, I still didn't like the reaction, but it was understandable to some degree. It was a really bad episode after all. 

The idea of Alicorn Twilight doesn't need this people.

You have to consider the following:

1.Alicorns are not gods. We only have proof that Celestia and Luna are very powerful. Even those two can still lose though. My final note in this point is cadence. Candence is an alicorn, but she isn't even shown at all to be even close to be even as powerful as celestia or luna.

2.The only thing that will change in Twilight, is that she will have wings. She would still be the same adorkable Twilight. The idea, that a lot of you, would actually dislike Twilight after this, makes me sick to my stomach. Especially from  the Twilight fans. 

3. Twilight had made wings before. She could've probably made even better ones at this point. I mean seriously, she could've probably done this whenever she wanted before. 

4.We don't know how this will all turn out. 

I'm not just disappointed. I'm crushed...
Edited by ZigzagoonBL
  • Brohoof 1

This...is the worst thing I've seen in a fandom. I've been in a lot of fandoms, and I've never seen something like this.

Not alicorn Twilight, the reaction. 

A lot of people seem to never learns from past mistake. This kinda thing happened during Mare-do-well, I still didn't like the reaction, but it was understandable to some degree. It was a really bad episode after all. 

The idea of Alicorn Twilight doesn't need this people.

You have to consider the following:

1.Alicorns are not gods. We only have proof that Celestia and Luna are very powerful. Even those two can still lose though. My final note in this point is cadence. Candence is an alicorn, but she isn't even shown at all to be even close to be even as powerful as celestia or luna.

2.The only thing that will change in Twilight, is that she will have wings. She would still be the same adorkable Twilight. The idea, that a lot of you, would actually dislike Twilight after this, makes me sick to my stomach. Especially from  the Twilight fans. 

3. Twilight had made wings before. She could've probably made even better ones at this point. I mean seriously, she could've probably done this whenever she wanted before. 

4.We don't know how this will all turn out. 

I'm not just disappointed. I'm crushed...

If this is the worst you have seen you cant have been involved in too many fandoms. If this is the worst we have to offer then we are by far the most well behaved fandom out there. This very reaction happens all the time in other fandoms. Have a look at the Trekers reactions to the JJ Abrams Star trek Trailer past and current. How about when they revealed matt smith as the new dr. The reaction to most new sonic games. Most gaming sites reaction to anything Nintendo orientated. The list goes on and on and on. I for one find threats and personal insults far worse. 

IK agree with most of your other points though this is a gross overreaction to a rumor that was most likely false and written to cause this very panic. As I have written before most of the info in said rumor was available before it came to light, heck alicorn twilight poped up back in October. Derpy was being discussed as well before this rumor surfaced. Essentially everything in the rumor was being talked about well before it was posted.Even if some of the things in the rumor are true I still believe it to be false in its written context. 

If this is the worst you have seen you cant have been involved in too many fandoms. If this is the worst we have to offer then we are by far the most well behaved fandom out there. This very reaction happens all the time in other fandoms. Have a look at the Trekers reactions to the JJ Abrams Star trek Trailer past and current. How about when they revealed matt smith as the new dr. The reaction to most new sonic games. Most gaming sites reaction to anything Nintendo orientated. The list goes on and on and on. I for one find threats and personal insults far worse. 

Here's the thing, a lot of reactions even close to this have some merit. The reaction to Twilight being an alicorn, has none.

I'm not sure how many of you have seen this, but I'll post it anyway in case anypony is interested.

img-1092936-1-146946__safe_twilight-spar

Everypony feel better? I hope so.

Hmm...I'm still not quite sure. I'll wait for the episode. 

Edited by ZigzagoonBL

No, because it's simply not Twilight! D:

Plus, how could she randomly get wings, anyways? And it would kinda be random to have her an alicorn. I believe that she can rule over Equestria,  with her being a unicorn, and she doesn't need wings to prove her awesomeness. It would just ruin it. And would be pointless. 

Plus, Shining Armor is just a unicorn, and he's ruler over the Crystal Empire. So I think Twilight can become a leader without having to become an alicorn. And Twilight as a unicorn is fine with me. Adding wings would just ruin the Twilight we've always known. So, no, I think having Twilight become an alicorn is pointless. 

i dont like it, but thats no reason to hate twilight.

as for my opinion on alitwi, i just feel like shes just better then the rest of the mane6, like shes trancended above the rest. i like her, but i like the other ponies just as much.

does this mean shes going to rule over equestria? it wouldnt be the mane6 anymore, at least to me.

This is what I posted up on EQD since I couldn't edit my post near the front due to some stupid problem. Putting it in spoilers since it is a WOT bomb.

Bronies, Pegasisters, fans of the show, lend me your ears... but don't throw them at me. This is indeed a dark time for us as we fear Twilight becoming an Alicorn. Many have said there is no big problem and she "just gains wings," while others say "it is the end of the show.

There are A LOT of things that we don't know about. Since I can't edit my post on the first page, i'll post up some theories, ideas, and such here.

1. As we have seen, Tara Strong said there wouldn't be an Alicorn Twilight. Now, we know from past experience that she can be vague at times, to the point she trolls us quite hard. If we remember Faust's original vision for Princess Cadence, she was just a plain unicorn until Hasbro turned her into an alicorn. Perhaps, just maybe, that will be the case with Twilight. With Shining Armor marrying Princess Cadence, the studious unicorn has gained nobility. This could mean the coronation is for her, and during the ceremony, Twilight is given "Ceremonial Wings" by Cadence, Celestia, and Luna. Again, Twilight is "bestowed" or "granted" wings so she can fly with the other princesses.

This scenario fulfills the desire of Hasbro to make Twilight look like a princess/alicorn, and with it being temporary for ceremonial purposes, the adorkable pony we love goes back to her life of studying friendship.

2. Princess Skyla emerges. We were dropped a bombshell at the start of Canterlot Wedding with Shining Armor and Cadence being married. Who's to say that the beginning of the episode won't have a little filly wandering into Twilight's Library, saying her name is "pwincess skywa?"

This scenario I find quite plausible since we've never seen what happens when an alicorn filly is born into the world. It also makes FURTHER sense, due in part to the toy we say back during 2012. However, there is something quite strange. The line I adamantly remember from the toy is the little filly asking "Are you a princess mommy?" While the princess has the same design as Cadence, who is to say she isn't the future child, that was sent through time, of Twilight Sparkle, or another of the mane6?

3. The "Crystal Kingdom Coronation" of Cadence. Remember, we learn about Celestia and Luna this year. What we probably learn is that they have/had a 3rd sister, or brother, who is the parent of Cadence. It's quite plausible that Princess Cadence left the Crystal empire before Sombra took control, or it was banished for 1000 years due to his curse, and she resided in Canterlot. We still have NO IDEA about the growth cycle for alicorns. One possibility, one that i'm writing in my dark fiction Disowned, is King Sombra being the father of Princess Cadence. He entombs the filly inside a crystal, and this acts as a magical "suspended animation pod" of sorts. It takes a heck of a long time, but the spell finally wears off, freeing the little pony.

It is during the second episode of season three that a crystal pony shouts "look, The Crystal Princess." This truly leads me to believe that there is more to things than a simple misunderstanding of looks. The crown of Princess Cadence changes when she activates the crystal heart. That is why i'm of firm belief the episode will be about Princess Cadence becoming Princess Mi Amore Cadenza: The Crystal Princess, ruler of The Crystal Empire. Even though she is already a "princess," there is possibly a special process that needs to take place to make it official where she is the ruler of the Crystal Empire.

Another thing to look at is the crown of Celestia and Luna when compared to Princess Cadence. They are vastly different, yet during episode 2, with the Crown of Princess Cadence changing, it looks more regal, befitting a ruler much like Celestia and Luna's are befitting to them since they rule Canterlot.

4. All hope is lost, Twilight is crowned princess and becomes an alicorn, sprouts wings, becomes a pretty, pretty princess, we were lied to, and season 4 will be about her combing her "luscious mane" to appeal to little girls. *PONY CRAP*

We must not forget that M.A. Larson is writing the episode, so I have faith in the writer's ability. With Meghan McCarthy overseeing things, the same person who wrote Canterlot Wedding, we have a chance at an awesome episode. Remember how many of us thought A Canterlot Wedding was going to be garbage, yet we had an awesome 2 part season finale?

In short, we can worry, but lets take a step back, calm ourselves, and look at this with a reasonable eye. Hasbro wanted the Canterlot Wedding idea + turning Cadence into an alicorn. The writers delivered on a monumental scale with a Disney-esk style, worthy of a movie. While they only have 22min this time around, we have to believe in the ability of the writers to make things work.

TL;DR explanation:

Scenarios:

1. Twilight becomes a princess due to her nobility with Shining Armor being married to Cadence, also some noble blood thing.  During the ceremony, she is given temporary wings which fade.  She is trained to use the Amniomorphic spell to give herself wings.  Twilight serves as a guardian of equestria. 

2. Episode is about Cadence being crowned Princess Mi Amore Cadenza, The Crystal Princess, Ruler of the Crystal Empire.  We look at her ability to use the Crystal Heart, a pony shouting "Look, The Crystal Princess," and the fact the harmonious pony's crown changes when she uses the Crystal Heart, with the new crown befitting of a ruler.  If you compare the current crown of Cadence to Celestia's crown and Luna's crown, it seems a bit timid.  However, looking at the Crystal Princess crown when she uses the heart, it's different, befitting a ruler as said.

3. Episode is about "Dun dun dun," Princess Skyla, the baby alicorn of Shining Armor and Princess Cadence.  She will be officially crowned as a Princess at the ceremony with some evil trying to rob her of the title. 

4. All hope is lost, Twilight becomes an Alicorn, goes pretty princess, worries about her luxurious transformed mane, fandom goes down the tubes, Hasbro did it intentionally to kill us off -- i'm not buying this either.  Though we are an unintended audience, from the census info, we are 5k+ strong.  Why squash a revenue source that "more than likely" generates $100k+, *just 5k x each person spending $20 = $100k mind you.*

5. A person replied to my post and propsed an interesting idea.  We learn about Celestia and Luna this season which was indicated by a show staffer.  Perhaps this is a flash back episode where viewers are given a glimpse into the past of the two princesses.  It's not a huge glimpse, but enough to let us understand how they came to power, and perhaps who their parents were/are in Equestria. 

1) The Amulet Alicorn was a rare thing. For all we know The most powerful Alicorn of all time is in that Amulet. 2) Just because One Queen is evil doesnt mean all Queens are evil.

My point is that hasbro prefers princess over queen, because for a little girl there is a big difference. How many little girls want to be a queen?

Only as a final scene from the last epsiode of the series. It should not happen before that as it would change why she is there. It's really the build up for the whole series for her to become one and take the throne.

It just occured to me...

If Twilight is going to become an Alicorn at the end of Season 3....why have we not seen any official toys for her yet? Cadance and Shining Armor had toys a good few months in advance before we even knew they'd be in the season finale, so why haven't we caught wind of any Alicorn Twilight toys yet?

Just a thought.

• Brohoof 1

Not to mention there's been no build-up to this through Season 3. Most of it has been slice-of-life and individual character development episodes. Something like this would seem like it would require a build-up. The last episode being "suddenly princess Alicorn!" is too abrupt, and would just be unnatural and shoddy.

• Brohoof 2

Not to mention there's been no build-up to this through Season 3. Most of it has been slice-of-life and individual character development episodes. Something like this would seem like it would require a build-up. The last episode being "suddenly princess Alicorn!" is too abrupt, and would just be unnatural and shoddy.

They were clearly setting some kind of season long arc up for Twilight in the Crystal Empire episodes, though.  Yes she passed the test, but what was the test for?  What was wit the book Luna conjured up in the end.  And peppered throughout the season there's been more emphasis on her magical training.  Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but it seems to me that they're building Twilight up to *something*, and having her ascend to alicorn status isn't out of the question.

Twilight also means the end of one thing and the begining of another. They could be going for the whole "End of the Age" thing where Celestia and Luna die off or maybe Twilight has to sacrifice herself to save Equestria. After all, the stars did die so you could be born. Just ask any cosmologist.

They were clearly setting some kind of season long arc up for Twilight in the Crystal Empire episodes, though.  Yes she passed the test, but what was the test for?  What was wit the book Luna conjured up in the end.  And peppered throughout the season there's been more emphasis on her magical training.  Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but it seems to me that they're building Twilight up to *something*, and having her ascend to alicorn status isn't out of the question.

It's probably not out of the question, but it's highly unlikely.  I doubt the book would represent a "How-To-Guide" that the sisters read for inducting Twilight as a Princess, turning her into an alicorn or Twilight turning herself into an alicorn. 

• Brohoof 1

You know what?

Quite frankly, I don't really care anymore.

MLP: FiM has been a wonderful show through and through.  How could I dare doubt them for a second?  I believe they will play this well and make it a wonderful episode.  These are the people who brought us DIscord!  Princess Luna!  Fluttershy!  They can pull it off.

And whose is bringing us this episode? (if its the final episode of the season anyway) M. A. Larson.  What did he/she (lol sorry) write?

Magic Duel.  Its About Time.  Secret Of My Excess.  Luna Eclipsed.  The Return Of Harmony.  The Cutiemark Chronicles. 

Thats right.  Some of the best episodes.

I have complete faith in them.

• Brohoof 2

If the dev team were willing to do something interesting with it, I'd be okay with it, but they've had lots of chances to do things along similar lines, and they've opted to shoot themselves in the foot instead of following through.

So yeah, I can't see this being a good thing for the series.

But a fanfiction, given it's not directed towards little girls, has much more opportunity to actually explore the repercussisons and implications of Alicorn-hood or however you put that.  I'm actually working on a fic along those lines, but I certainly intend to do it properly.  The idea is that after a bunch of nasty stuff has happened in Equestria, Twilight trades her life for Rainbow's using powerful magic, but the nature of the magic used traps her soul in limbo.  She hangs out in this quasi non-parallel dimension thing for about twenty years, slowly growing in magical potential, and by the time she has enough power to bring herself back to life, she's basically transcended to godhood.  So when she comes back, she finds she has wings as well as a horn.  Rest of the story would follow her as she comes to terms with her new power and responsibilities and blah blah blah, I'm sorry, I'll save my spewing for the fanfic forum.

But yeah.  If handled with care and executed properly, Alicorn Twilight could be an interesting lens to address issues and concepts surrounding the definition of an Alicorn and the ideals of godhood and immortality within this universe.  But it won't be.  So it'd be a terrible idea.

You guys are going to flame me for saying this, but I think it would be awesome! I mean perhaps she wouldn't immediately turn into an alicorn at once but gradually over a long period of time? She could start out with wings and then maybe her horn could grow gradually over time? You guys need to be more open minded about things even if it doesn't fit into your little formula of what FIM should be. I doubt they would do this though. We really have no idea why some ponies are alicorns and some are just unicorns. Is there a special breeding technique? I mean we don't know! If there's some cannon reason why alicorns exist then I would love to see it unless its just the result of Pegasus and unicorn mating. I think if that we're the case then there would be more walking around.

Edited by Twinkleshy
  • Brohoof 1