Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Twilight Sparkle Alicorn/Princess Speculation [SPOILERS]

ponyvangelist

614 users have voted

1. 1. Would you approve of Twilight becoming an alicorn?

• Yes!
    • Maybe...
    • NO.

i know she wont be. on the hub there is a new special called the princess coronation ,just hold on, while i was at wal-mart buying halo 4 for my cousin, i saw this69170__.jpg

i know its horrifying but i proves that twilight will not be a alicorn princess 

Edited by lightning strike

I want to point out a tweet that was tweeted by Meghan McCarthy shortly after the whole Twilight-is-going-to-become-an-alicorn-the-world-is-doomed charade started:

Everybody just calm down. We got this. Right,@goldenrusset and @dannyimusic ? #MLPFIM #bronies

Source: https://twitter.com/MMeghanMcCarthy/status/292310077707280385

While it doesn't state that Twilight isn't going to become an alicorn, I still have full confidence in the staff of the show. If and only IF, Twilight is going to become an alicorn, I'm positive that the writers did it for good reasons and that they would make it one of the most epic events that has ever been witnessed on the show since it's beginning. But in the end, let's not go to any drastic conclusions, maybe she's not going to become an alicorn at all.

Edited by Xalius

I don't honestly believe it's going to happen either.
Even I can see that turning Twilight into an Alicorn before the end of the series would be narrative suicide, and the development team is smarter than that.
I hope.

I mean, I'm not entirely opposed to the idea.  If it was positioned at the end of the series, and executed properly, and handled very, very carefully, it could be a thrilling, enlightening, and even tear-jerking subplot.  But again, I doubt it would be handled perfectly, so I'll just say I hope it doesn't happen.

I don't honestly believe it's going to happen either.

Even I can see that turning Twilight into an Alicorn before the end of the series would be narrative suicide, and the development team is smarter than that.

I hope.

I mean, I'm not entirely opposed to the idea.  If it was positioned at the end of the series, and executed properly, and handled very, very carefully, it could be a thrilling, enlightening, and even tear-jerking subplot.  But again, I doubt it would be handled perfectly, so I'll just say I hope it doesn't happen.

The thing is, the dev team often dont have a say! Cadence was forced apon the staff by hasbro becuase they wanted to sell a pink princess toy but luckely the team fitted her in well, IF she were to become an alicorn it would be hasbros descion

The thing is, the dev team often dont have a say! Cadence was forced apon the staff by hasbro becuase they wanted to sell a pink princess toy but luckely the team fitted her in well, IF she were to become an alicorn it would be hasbros descion

And that's what I'm praying won't happen.  I'd much rather have the dev team voluntarily introduce Alicorn Twilight at a bad time than have Hasbro suddenly pop out of the blue and go 'JUSTIFY OUR NEW TOYS.  NOW.  DO IT.'

*shudder*  Ugh, that could be bad.  The team handled Cadence well, but Alicorn Twilight is too big a change to be thrust into the story like that.

I don't think Alicorn Twilight would destroy the series, I think If, notice IF Hasbro forces this on the writing staff and they have to put.it in it can be a good thing, the important thing is to not freak out and jump ship before giving the idea a try. I won't stop watching the show if they do make her an alicorn, I will give it an honest watch, when I stop watching the show is when they stop making a good show. There isn't enough evidence to prove what is going.to happen with the princess coronation episode, although I am excited to find out!

• Brohoof 1

I think it probably is likely that Twilight might become an alicorn, given that she showed up in official merchandise as an alicorn on at least three different occasions, not to mention the references to Twilight "achieving her destiny" and "going on to the next level of her studies" and so forth meaning that such a scenario is not impossible.

I just had a poke around on the internet, and in addition to the poster/cardboard cutout one, I found the sticker, but what is the third? And "at least" implies more than three, what else?

Obviously there is potential for animation errors, but the more merch we see the more likely it looks. Having the mane of the mane six changed like this is a worrying thing for the fandom, but I have faith in the writers, the whole team is splendid and I think they could make a great job out of anything.

I just had a poke around on the internet, and in addition to the poster/cardboard cutout one, I found the sticker, but what is the third? And "at least" implies more than three, what else?

Obviously there is potential for animation errors, but the more merch we see the more likely it looks. Having the mane of the mane six changed like this is a worrying thing for the fandom, but I have faith in the writers, the whole team is splendid and I think they could make a great job out of anything.

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/01/possible-alicorn-twilight-toy-in.html

It only showed up recently. This, the sticker, and the poster/cardboard thing are the only ones I'm aware of so far. So there is evidence that such a thing is possible.

I merged both topics pertaining to the Twilight becoming an Alircorn rumor. No one is at fault since they approached the issue from two different angles, but they are closely related enough to warrant merger.

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/01/possible-alicorn-twilight-toy-in.html

It only showed up recently. This, the sticker, and the poster/cardboard thing are the only ones I'm aware of so far. So there is evidence that such a thing is possible.

Oh gawd. That does look alicorney.

I am hoping though that it's similar to the butterfly winged versions they did of Pinkie and Rarity though, those wings look all sparkly and different. *hooves crossed*

This came up in a thread about Twilight being the next Nightmare Moon and in a rumor thread where this was thrown out as a possibility. Personally I do not believe the rumor, but I wanted to know your thoughts on this anyway.

Personally I am NOT excited about the idea and I hope it does not happen, unless it's a temporary thing as part of a story arc. Because it doesn't fit her character. Twilight is not a leader of ponies and I doubt she would want that kind of power or trust herself to use it responsibly.

If the rumor is true and Hasbro does it just to sell a new toy or something, I'll be downright pissed.

It kind of seems like the show has been building up to this anyway. What with the whole Celestia/Day>twilight>Luna/night motif. besides, twilight being an alicorn doesn't necessarily mean anything else is going to change.

You know if it was a magical girl series it would go like this.

Equestria has to be saved from some crazy powerful villians

Twilight uses her newly learned magic spells to transform herself into an alicorn to increase her powers to fight the evil.

She defeats the evil with her book knowledge and now increased magic skills.

Then it could go two ways

1 She uses too much power and dies , then her friends with the other elements of harmony bring her back to life but they only have enough energy to make her a unicorn.

2 She uses so much power she changes back into a unicorn

In both she becomes a Princess because she saved the day

I merged both topics pertaining to the Twilight becoming an Alircorn rumor. No one is at fault since they approached the issue from two different angles, but they are closely related enough to warrant merger.

By the way, was that an automatically generated message? ;) I support your decision to merge them, not that it actually has anything to do with me.

No. I would not want this to happen at all.

If this were to happen, I would hope that she loses her wings or something like that. 

I just know that if she gains alicorn status, the other episodes would just seem weird.

all in all I would be fine unless this was a REOCCURRING thing

I would not have a problem with this if it were at the very end of the series. (which I hope it doesn't end soon!!!)

I would love to see Gen 5 with Twilight as a princess or something, her story already told.

But I trust the writers. They won't screw up (too much of) the show.

By the way, was that an automatically generated message? ;) I support your decision to merge them, not that it actually has anything to do with me.

Nope. It was personally crafted with love and affection by yours truly. :)

I may make similar posts in merged threads since posts occasionally disappear when mergers occur, prompting a new post to clear it all up.

• Brohoof 1

I would not have a problem with this if it were at the very end of the series. (which I hope it doesn't end soon!!!)

I would love to see Gen 5 with Twilight as a princess or something, her story already told.

But I trust the writers. They won't screw up (too much of) the show.

What does being an alicorn has to do with becoming a princess. She seems to be more intrested in Celestias magic than her Rank.

I am pretty sure she would prefere being a world famed mage than a princess.

The only way I could see her becoming a Princess is Either Luna and celestia dying or Maryying blueblood

Well, it looks like things are coming to fruition after seeing that post on Equestria Daily. My only question now is if Twilight turns into an alicorn. The unfortunate thing, i'm going to have say "all signs point to yes."

Twilight has been tasked with learning new spells throughout season three. Our biggest hint comes from her accidentally "transforming" a bird into an orange, same with the frog.

We also get information about it from the final episode where it talks about Twilight messing around with her own spell.

Have a feeling things will culminate to where her final spell will be a "charged" spell that permanently changes her body. Right now, if she were given wings, her body would be exceedingly different from the "regal mare" look that Luna, Cadence and Celestia have. So, i'm going to say she'll use a transformation spell or something along those lines after the episode ends to alter her body, accepting her destiny.

Unless we get something radically different, i'm not sure about the continued success of the show.

If it's just Twilight being inducted into the royal family because she's Shining Armor's sister, and becomes a princess that way, staying the same with it just being an honorary title, I will be happy. Have a feeling several people within the fandom are hoping for this kind of outcome. It would be awesome if her destiny is that of a grand arch magus of Equestria, being its guardian, and taking over the teachings of students at Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns.

Sadly, i'm thinking it'll be the former mentioned with Twilight turning into an alicorn, becoming a "pretty, pretty princess" to inspire little girls. Season 4 probably containing episodes about her daily life of settling into alicorn-hood, resolving matters, and reminiscing about the past. Sweet Celestia I hope that isn't the case. Even for the series finale that would suck.

Edited by Genepool
  • Brohoof 3

I have to say, it's fairly amusing to see the show's storyline being significantly concentrated around the idea of 'royal family' in a country where the very idea of 'nobility by blood relation' is an unacceptable idea by the principles which this nation was built over.

The season 3 has been quite satisfying, but I am not entirely sure if it has been better than the previous seasons or not mainly because previous seasons had a fair amount of ups and downs while most of the episodes in the current season has been sort of... monotonic, I suppose?

Regardless, if I want to place my judgmental glasses on, then there are few elements in the storyline that I find it unacceptable by my philosophical principles (such as the idea of a single competent magician being strong enough to enslave an entire population where nobody has any hope of fighting against without an intervention by another of similar aptitude, the idea of 'fixed destiny and purpose in life', the title of royalty seemingly being exclusive to those who can wield magic (unicorns and alicorns) etc.)

Edited by Phaeston-e12

Well, if its good for MLP then I say go knock yourself out. I bet if Hasbro does try this, maybe it'll go well, if it does people might change their opinion about this.

I've heard all the doom and gloom, and all the neigh-saying, but as one of the (apparent) minority of people who actually want to see Twilight ascend to alicorndom, i'm thinking that the writers, who have apparently been foreshadowing this from AT LEAST the crystal empire, have not half-flanked this and know what they're doing.

But i'm curious on your ideas as well. Those who think that Twilight as an Alicorn could work without being all "Oh noez the show is ruined Forever!!!", please do share possible scenarios on how exactly they could do it.

The three main situations would be when 1) Twilight is an alicorn only temporarily and reverts either by choice or turn of events after an episode, 2) she can become one periodically in times of great urgency but still defaults back to unicorn, sort of like a super sayian mode, or 3) she's alicornified permanently.

Obviously the third case would have the most lasting impact and i'm curious how you think that in this case the show dynamic could be preserved or changed for the better.

My own thoughts are that either - as a new-minted alicorn it would take her years to grow into full power, so she'd not be a god mode sue who renders her friends obsolete. Yes she'd have a power upgrade most like, but that would open up new plot lines to explore, and new problems to overcome, and new ways in which her friends could help her solve them.

And i think social-wise nobody's forcing her to move to Canterlot or anything, though i could be wrong, and i'm curious to see how the show writers would solve that.

Ok i've rambled enough, what do you think?

• Brohoof 1