Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Twilight Sparkle Alicorn/Princess Speculation [SPOILERS]

ponyvangelist

614 users have voted

1. 1. Would you approve of Twilight becoming an alicorn?

• Yes!
    • Maybe...
    • NO.

I knew Luna was up to something! Not bad, but maybe research of her own. Did anyone else ever catch that book she was holding at the end of season three episode two? Why didn't she and Celestia accompany The Mane six to the Crystal Empire? Past suspicions have been right! Maybe . . . is she studying black magic? That theory was also brought up before. So excited to find out!

• Brohoof 1

I think, at the VERY end of the series, Celestia will give Twilight the option to become immortal like her, but Twilight will refuse, since her friend wont be immortal with her.. so she'd pass up the chance to rule the land, to be with her friends instead. just my 2 bits

that...would actually make sense, alicorns being made and not born... would explain why some royals are not alicorns, and some are...and why any more siblings of celestia and luna aren't super special too, they would be normal unicorns and not as magical, and not having transformed

• Brohoof 1

I always though that there was something missing. Celestia (Celestial; Sun) Luna (Lunar; Moon), but wait, what about the earth; Terrestrial? (That would actually be a good idea for a fanfic, don't steal it!). Not only is three a good number, but Celestial, Lunar, and Terrestrial are all related. With that said though, I couldn't imagine Twilight becoming a princess, or an alicorn. Not only would it not fit into the show... just relate this to Harry Potter. Dumbledore trained Harry, and he fought a lot of threats before he defeated Voldemort, did he become Prince of England? No. A lot of other works of fiction hold this idea relevant too, and one's that don't, the characters end up like Duke Nukem. Also, the idea of transforming into an alicorn, it just doesn't fit in, and not only because the fact of growing a horn out of your head or growing wings out of your back seem ridiculous (No offense to Ponyvangelist) but also because the only canon alicorns are related, so it must be a hereditary thing.

Do I think Twilight will be the next princess? 100% sure she won't. Do I want her to be? Absolutely not.

• Brohoof 1

Who says Twilight isn't just everything you said? She could be the defender of the realm, key to ascension, and greatest power without being a princess.

I would not like this. One thing I do like is your neat, detailed post structure.

Edited by souljabri557

Twilight's at least some form of noble or military-family-member due to Shining Armor and a parent or someone else too, maybe she's just the unmentioned actual-princess from Unicornian royalty?

Bam, Princess Twilight no alicornization required.

Series-wise, she's probably gong to get herself and her friends a load of titles from being... Well, awesome heroes defending the realm. Maybe she'll meet that special somepony who just somehow happens to be a prince.

• Brohoof 1

Whoa, I haven't heard anything about this. When did this come up? If this is true then we get more screentime for the best princess, so I'd be on board with it.

Tara strong took over The Hub's Twitter and answered questions about season 3. But people forgot that and they keep freaking out.

Since childhood, Twilight Sparkle has shown great potential in the field of magic.  Princess Celestia is even training her personally! But...why? Is Princess Celestia training a replacement? But all princesses are alicorns.  Is Twilight Sparkle on her way to becoming an alicorn? Maybe as a series finale? She is the main character afterall...

post-10180-0-58030500-1354495650.jpg

Edited by WakeMeAtTwilight
  • Brohoof 1

I don't really think there's a possible way for a unicorn - or any type of pony for that matter - to become an Alicorn. Alicorns are kinda God-like, aren't they? I believe they are a rather unique race. :P

Also, I don't think Celestia is training Twilight to replace her or anything like that. It's probably only because of the Elements of Harmony. Though a lot of speculations says that Twilight is prone to rule someday. But who knows?~

• Brohoof 2

I wouldn't be surprised if something like this happened for a series finale. Maybe not as a sucessor, but as another guardian-type, like Celestia and Luna are. After all, what is twilight but the period that comes between day and night?

• Brohoof 4

I don't think I'd like this if it wasn't for a series finale, or for an epic story thats almost like "not my destiny."  Other then that, I don't like it.

• Brohoof 2

When you think about it, yes. She has been in many different ways portrayed for leadership. She's also been in prophecies. First season premier.

1590_129804720509767_608350228_n.jpg

And now that you are cleaning your brains off of the walls, let me elaborate more about season 3. 

In the first two episodes, she has to go and save the Crystal Empire by herself, but realizes that she can't do it on her own. She sends Spike to save the Empire, even though it means she will fail the test. But, Celestia passed her anyways because Twi was able to put an entire empire before herself. Then we have the Black Book Luna has. It is most likely a record of all Twi's accomplishments towards becoming a princess. Ever since the first premier, she has been going through her adventures and defeating, or redeeming as the picture above shows and with the last episode with Trixie. Personally, I don't have a problem with her becoming one, but she won't. Here's why.

1) She will have to leave her friends. While she is the ruler of Equestria, she won't have time to hang out with friends. I mean just look at Celestia. She tries to have fun, but can't because of her royal duties. 

2) I don't think she will be up to the task. Don't get me wrong, she is a very talented Unicorn, but I don't think she will want to have all that power which will make her above her friends.

3) While she is very smart, she will be so fearful or nervous of failing Equestria, she will mess something up. 

These are all just personal opinions on why she won't be one.

• Brohoof 3

I can only comment one thing about this entire thread: 

mlfw484_1302296223924.jpg

I think the OP has some great observations. I have never really critically analyzed the show, but what you are saying makes a lot of sense. There are always two sides to every story, and a hidden message for those that are willing to seek it out. 

• Brohoof 2

It's very unlikely that Twilight is going to magically become an Alicorn, and if that happened, her friends are going to get separated from all the things Twilight has to deal with as an Alicorn.

• Brohoof 1

I doubt twilight will become an Alicorn, Except maybe for the series finale or something or MAYBE temporarily at some point. But it would kinda ruin the show in a way if that happened, because then twilight would have everything the mane 6 has being an Alicorn and much more powerful and overall much more perfect then them, I think it would feel like it would almost ruin her character, just because she wouldn't really have any flaws like her friends do and her now. Thats the main thing I like about the Mane 6, each of them has flaws like real people. They're not just personality cardboard cut into characters.

• Brohoof 1

I would live this for a series finale. I don't think that making her an alicorn would make her better than the others, that's kind of racist.

• Brohoof 1

Twilight Sparkle, unicorn. A mare barely able to save an empire. Gentlemen, we can rebuild her. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's first bionic alicorn. Twilight Sparkle will be that alicorn. Better than she was before. Better, stronger, faster.

...THE SIX MILLION DOLLAR MARE

Twilight needs to be nerfed anyways.

She is going to be corrupted in the season finale... just you wait!

Edited by Circadian
  • Brohoof 1

I can't see it happening. I don't think it's physically possible or even moral for the unicorns or even Celestia to alter another pony Genetically. Besides, you don't seemingly have to be an Alicorn to be a ruler or anything. Look at Shining Armor.

• Brohoof 1

I've thought about this too. If there would be somepony who could do this, it would be Twilight Sparkle. She's got the potential if it's even possible. I kinda hope it does happen, but I doubt it ever will, maybe in the ending of the show, in like an epilogue or something. huh.png

Edited by BlueFlame