Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Twilight Sparkle Alicorn/Princess Speculation [SPOILERS]

ponyvangelist

614 users have voted

1. 1. Would you approve of Twilight becoming an alicorn?

• Yes!
    • Maybe...
    • NO.

i am thinking about twlight being evil to everyone and abusing her powers againest other ponies..Celestia and Luna will then make her lose her princess hood and she will threaten Celestia and Luna to give her back her princess hood or she will destory ponyville....but i dont think this will happen...

After throwing countless hints throughout the entire series only to crown her in a rushed episode that could've been made a two-parter easily, I would be more upset with her losing her princesshood than her obtaining it in what felt like a day, maybe two, in the most recent episode. I prefer that she stay a princess now that they made it clear she'll be one for good. I have no doubt she'll fit into her role, and if she's going to be the princess of Ponyville, there's literally not a lot that's going to change in terms of her relationship with the other mane 6.

I don't quite get why people think the show will go back after such a drastic change. The idea behind this is that it allows the show to take a new direction, because the same formula over and over again can get boring.

Twilight does not need to leave ponyville since becoming a princess. Princess Cadence is ruling over the Crystal Empire and it wouldn't surprise me that Twilight would be allowed to stay in Ponyville.

The fact that she is a Princess does not mean there can no longer be any adventures happening. It does change the dynamic of the Mane 6 and the people in Ponyville, but I see it in a positive way rather than just be afraid of change. Princess Celestia says Twilight has a lot to teach about friendship and I think she'll do just that. At the end of an episode, ponies will write her a letter or share with her their discoveries on the magic of friendship.

This will just allow for a broader focus on the rest of the Mane 6, secondary characters and maybe even new ponies.

So I have to disagree on this one. Princesshood for Twilight opens up a world of possibilites without changing too much in her immediate environment, so I don't think she will lose the wings anytime soon.

But this is just my opinion and in the end it's the writers who have the power over what happens to her.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Considering the trepidation we all have about Twilicorn, let's see if we can come up with some decent episodes. Perhaps we'll start figuring out ways this can work. I have two right now:

1. Wings bump into things.

Twilight laments her wings because she can't control them very well. She tries to bind her wings, tries to temporarily magic them away, and she eventually gets consoled by Derpy, the clumsiest pegasus around.

The "friendship letter" will be about finding wisdom in unexpected places and being willing to look for it before taking drastic measures in a bad situation.

2. Alicorn guilt

Twilight has gotten used to her new body, but starts feeling bad for other ponies because they have less capable bodies. She starts trying to develop solutions, like permanent wing prosthetics and artificial horns, which can perform basic tasks.

The conflict of the episode will be her zeal to have her inventions used by everypony, even when they don't want them. The "friendship letter" will be something along the lines of not looking down on other ponies just because they lack certain advantages, and not forcing your help on them because you think they're helpless, although the prosthetics are very helpful to the ponies, who do want them.

(This one I'm really hoping we see because it hits kinda close to home for me. I have minor hearing loss, but hearing aides don't work well for me. They cause more problems than they fix. Years ago, when I was in highschool, I was constantly harassed by my guidance counselor for not wearing them and I could never make her understand they didn't work for me.)

Edited by Misterfanwank
  • Brohoof 2

It is probably a Knockoff, where they make it look like the MLP TV Show...no, scratch that, EXACTLY like the show, but to not get sued they change the name. Well, I don't really know how that helps not to get sued, because I have no idea about copyright infringement  and what not. But it's safe to say that's what it exactly is.

It just occurred to me... if Twilight Sparkle is now a princess, does that make her the Twilight Princess?

img-1257145-1-trollestia.png

Ya, bad joke, I know. Made me chuckle, though X3

...oh my god, that's a good one!!! i never thought of that!!! i actually really really like that game it was my first Zelda game and the first game i got for my Wii :3

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

It seems like every princess gets a student at one point...  And Twilight would be a great teacher.  

What do you guys think about this idea?

• Brohoof 2

It would be interesting if she gained some type of filly student down the line, but maybe way further down the line. I think it would mesh things together a bit awkwardly right now. Besides, Twilight is still learning as well, according to Celestia so I assume she would not be ready for such a task, yet.

• Brohoof 1

Snip

I have merged your thread with the Princess Twilight Speculation thread, since it fits in well there, and does not require a separate thread.

I have merged your thread with the Princess Twilight Speculation thread, since it fits in well there, and does not require a separate thread.

Hmmmm....Wouldn't every thread in this sub forum qualify as fitting in this thread? Maybe I am wrong, but that is how I see it. Eh, my opinion is flawed anyways.

It seems as though many are warming up to the Twilicorn idea now. Yay. The Tara is Strong with this one.

Edited by Kyoshi

So about this whole Twilicorn thing... I keep wondering what the heck's going to happen to her in Season 4.

As Meghan McCarthy said, she considers this alicorn princess thing to be a three-parter. What do you guys think will happen to her?

Edited by Thatoneguy75

Twilight will be introduced to the Cosmic Council. It's sort of like the United Nations, but with ponies.

Ponies, Zebras, Crystal Ponies, Griffins, Sea Ponies (MAYBE), Changelings and MUCH MUCH more. We've got Saddle Arabia too.

Edited by Circadian
  • Brohoof 1

Hmm... I've seen fanfics about Twilight moving to Canterlot, and a new pony coming in, and however sad it may be, that's what I believe is going to happen.

But I thought it was confirmed that Twilight would still live in ponyville and go on adventures with her friends? Sorry, no source though.

• Brohoof 1

But I thought it was confirmed that Twilight would still live in ponyville and go on adventures with her friends? Sorry, no source though.

It's been stated several times during the panels at Unicon in Las Pegasus. There's even video of it on Everfree Network.

So, yeah, she's staying with her friends.

• Brohoof 1

Hello!

I'm sure that those wings will be cut off and sent to Kentucky fried chicken factories.... Plus, i really hope she turns back into a Unicorn once more...

• Brohoof 4

So about this whole Twilicorn thing

mlfw5608_huge.png

No, it's nothing.....
*Hides under the desk*

Well, i think that Twilight will stay as an Alicorn. And still be a part of the Mane6...... Well, idk :P

Since apparently she's staying an Alicorn, but she still hangs out with her friends, I imagine an episode where she is all caught up in her princess duties, and she can't find time to hang out with her friends, so she quits or something, but still gets to stay an alicorn.

I can't imagine any other situation where she stays an alicorn and stays with her friends.

Since apparently she's staying an Alicorn, but she still hangs out with her friends, I imagine an episode where she is all caught up in her princess duties, and she can't find time to hang out with her friends, so she quits or something, but still gets to stay an alicorn.

I can't imagine any other situation where she stays an alicorn and stays with her friends.

It depends what 'duties' she has. To be fair, Twilight and co have had some 'duties' as such throughout the series. Seeing to the inspector in Games Ponies Play, reforming Discord, getting rid of a dragon, helping with the Canterlot wedding etc. I don't think Twilight would give up being a princess or an alicorn, (though if she did it'd be a dream come true...) but I reckon she'd shun the usual 'royal' lifestyle. i.e. Getting bowed to, wearing a crown all the time, being waited on hoof and... hoof... I think like another user posted before, she'd end up as more of 'The People's Princess', and act as an equal to every other member of society.

• Brohoof 1