Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Twilight Sparkle Alicorn/Princess Speculation [SPOILERS]

ponyvangelist

614 users have voted

1. 1. Would you approve of Twilight becoming an alicorn?

• Yes!
    • Maybe...
    • NO.

i personally feel like twilight will encounter many difficulties managing life as a princess throughout the season. EX: maybe dash hogs up twilight all too herself because she has wings now or even walking the streets of ponyville and everypony bowing and being extra polite just because she claimed the title "princess" could be problamatic. i think that the whole twilicorn is just like kind of an expansion of her studies in friendship. though i do feel a villian from the past might coming back and try to start something up maybe revealing the truth why celestia wanted her to be an alicorn in the first place.

Edited by kiwitwist

Merged a few general, all-purpose-looking speculation topics with our main pinned topic for discussing generic Twilicorn speculation.

>"Let the speculations begin!"

>"Season 4: What will happen with Twilicorn?"

• 2 weeks later...

I think it great Twilights an alicorn! I know it's weird to admit and yes having Rarity being now the only unicorn in the mane 6 is unbiased. But I think Twilight has followed and fulfilled her destiny, something that not even normal ponies can do so I hope the best for season 4 and people, Twilight maybe immortal (or ageing until she's adult age the stays that way) so don't think that Twilights friends will be dead before she does cause she wouldn't BE an alicorn princes without her friendships! :P;)

I think it great Twilights an alicorn! I know it's weird to admit and yes having Rarity being now the only unicorn in the mane 6 is unbiased. But I think Twilight has followed and fulfilled her destiny, something that not even normal ponies can do so I hope the best for season 4 and people, Twilight maybe immortal (or ageing until she's adult age the stays that way) so don't think that Twilights friends will be dead before she does cause she wouldn't BE an alicorn princes without her friendships! tongue.pngwink.png

Oh, for fuck's sake!  ENOUGH WITH IMMORTAL TWILICORN, ALREADY!!!

I'm sick and tired of everyone taking what's supposed to be a happy occasion for Twilight, and degenerating it into something sad and ironic!  My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic is supposed to be a beacon of hope and happiness within all that darkness and despair normally reserved for real-life!  To turn it into something that's the equivalent of our real-world problems by saying Twilight will outlive her friends forever just destroys it all for me, and depresses me to no end!

Besides, we don't even know if all alicorns share the same life-span as Celestia and Luna.  We don't know if Princess Cadence is immortal and thus going to outlive Shining Armor, and the same can be said for Twilight.  I highly doubt they'll ever reveal the average alicorn life-span, and it's best that they don't do so.  Otherwise, if they unveil the average life-span of an alicorn, odds are they'll say it's forever, and we'll be given a series finale where we see Twilight in the future as all of her friends are dead, which goes against EVERYTHING the show stood for!

So please, please!!!  Do yourselves a favor and stop saying that Twilight will outlive all of her friends.  I'm just sick of it is all!

Edited by Commander_PonyShep
  • Brohoof 2

I totally agree with Commander_PonyShep about the whole immortality discussion being silly and pointless. I don't think you'll ever see them being any older than they are now and that includes Twilight. I'd honestly be surprised if we ever see their full life cycle on screen including getting married and having fouls of their own. It would be fun to see of course, but I don't expect to see it.

• Brohoof 1

I agree with this. I was about to post a topic similar to this, stating how I don't understand why people are saying "the creators should have atleast informed us earlier - I felt like they just transformed her too fast.".

The creators have already informed us - about Celestia talking about "Twilight is only training," about Twilight being a bit more powerful than other unicorns, and in the elements of harmony she gets a tiara and her friends get a necklace.

My point is that I don't understand the anger and confusion coming from other bronies about Twilight's new race. I actually like her new form, she looks prettier. She also gets immortality because alicorns apparently get that feature, as we've seen in Celestia and Luna - Celestia banished Luna to the moon for 1,000 years when she was the same age she is now. So, Celestia must have immortality because a normal pony wouldn't have lived as long to be the same age over 1,000 years.

I also think Twilight won't REALLY change back to a unicorn. Celestia would maybe be disappointed - Celestia trained Twilight for ever since Twi got her cutie mark. I also think this because the show has been working up to this for some time. This is like you turning in a HUGE science project that you have worked on for MONTHS, but then when you turn it in the teacher says you get an F because you forgot to add color (basically Hasbro presents Twilight's alicorn form and the bronies are hating on it because "Hasbro hasn't worked up to it very well.").

Honestly, I agree with this post. I just hope the other bronies understand why Hasbro proabably won't change Twilight anytime soon.

*Tries not to post Alicorn pictures with trolling subtitles*

*fails*

post-11919-0-86756700-1365962895.jpg

post-11919-0-62507300-1365962902_thumb.jpg

post-11919-0-55287600-1365962910_thumb.jpg

I'm ashamed of myself for posting those pictures.

• Brohoof 2

She also gets immortality because alicorns apparently get that feature, as we've seen in Celestia and Luna - Celestia banished Luna to the moon for 1,000 years when she was the same age she is now. So, Celestia must have immortality because a normal pony wouldn't have lived as long to be the same age over 1,000 years.

And then Twilight will live a lonely miserable life, while her friends die around her, causing everything she learned about friendship to mean absolutely nothing!

Besides, Friendship is Magic is supposed to be a beacon of hope, and when you say Twilight will be immortal and infer that she'll outlive all of her friends, you're taking away that hope and turning it into despair.  Wasn't it enough that she had to endure her friends becoming Discorded and forced to turn against her?  Why add even more hurt to Twilight's heart?

We don't even know about the consistency of the average alicorn lifespan, not even by one bit!  And it's best that they don't reveal it.  So please, please, PLEASE!!!  Stop saying Twilight is immortal!  It just turns what's supposed to be a happy, optimistic series, into something dark and depressing.

• Brohoof 1

And then Twilight will live a lonely miserable life, while her friends die around her, causing everything she learned about friendship to mean absolutely nothing!

Besides, Friendship is Magic is supposed to be a beacon of hope, and when you say Twilight will be immortal and infer that she'll outlive all of her friends, you're taking away that hope and turning it into despair.  Wasn't it enough that she had to endure her friends becoming Discorded and forced to turn against her?  Why add even more hurt to Twilight's heart?

We don't even know about the consistency of the average alicorn lifespan, not even by one bit!  And it's best that they don't reveal it.  So please, please, PLEASE!!!  Stop saying Twilight is immortal!  It just turns what's supposed to be a happy, optimistic series, into something dark and depressing.

I think you should complain to the producers of the show, instead to the fans. Those are the guys who made it. The fans are just interpreting  what they know and filling in (the enormous) gaps with headcanon. Alicorns are a mess in the show, even when they seem to be very important. They weren't even mentioned in the Hearth's Warming Eve episode... True, worldbuilding is not the main goal of the show and neither is answering questions, but until they say why the heck Luna's and Celestia's manes are different, where did Cadance come from, why is Blueblood called a prince, and just how long alicorns live, saying that alicorns are not immortal is just as wrong as saying that they are.

Sorry for mentioning that :,( didn't mean to stress u out, I agree that immortal twilight is annoying don't get me wrong. Some bronies can't face facts that Twilights a princess and believe me, they aren't that brave facing it in my view.

Btw I'm talking to u Coomander Pony_Shep. Brohoof squee! Some brony posted a message b4 me so it just makes thing a lot clearer.

I think you should complain to the producers of the show, instead to the fans. Those are the guys who made it. The fans are just interpreting  what they know and filling in (the enormous) gaps with headcanon. Alicorns are a mess in the show, even when they seem to be very important. They weren't even mentioned in the Hearth's Warming Eve episode... True, worldbuilding is not the main goal of the show and neither is answering questions, but until they say why the heck Luna's and Celestia's manes are different, where did Cadance come from, why is Blueblood called a prince, and just how long alicorns live, saying that alicorns are not immortal is just as wrong as saying that they are.

I've tried to on Twitter.  I asked Meghan McCarthy if Twilight will be immortal as an alicorn, and so far, she's yet to respond.  And that just annoys me to death.

The last time I asked her, it's if she and the other writers will change Twilight back into a unicorn, if only to appease the angry bronies.  In response, she said that good writing comes from surprising and entertaining, rather than appeasing.  In other words, she said "no".  After all, us bronies, like other fanbases, have no say in what goes in the show, the writers do.  And that just sucks for me.

UPDATE: I've received confirmation from Meghan McCarthy on Twitter.  As I said on another thread titled, "Twilight Immortality," the head writer confirmed that Twilight will not outlive her friends, and that she won't be immortal, after all!

Edited by Commander_PonyShep
  • Brohoof 1

I like how they groomed Twilight to become a Alicorn after all her past experiences from wielding the Elements of Harmony so many times to now being the Princess of Magic but what i really wonder is if Princess Celestia "retires" from being the Princess then what will happen to Luna and then what will happen to Twilight... well patience for season 4

I've tried to on Twitter.  I asked Meghan McCarthy if Twilight will be immortal as an alicorn, and so far, she's yet to respond.  And that just annoys me to death.

The last time I asked her, it's if she and the other writers will change Twilight back into a unicorn, if only to appease the angry bronies.  In response, she said that good writing comes from surprising and entertaining, rather than appeasing.  In other words, she said "no".  After all, us bronies, like other fanbases, have no say in what goes in the show, the writers do.  And that just sucks for me.

She's not going to answer anything like this. If anything, She's going to say what her employers tell her to. I doubt they will even touch the subject of mortality in the show. Hasbro would shoot it down faster than we can say "alicorn". But I may be wrong: I feel that season 4 may be different as she did say that they will touch on Equestria's past. That may mean we will have an answer to these questions.

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/04/meghan-mccarthy-answers-bunch-of-stuff.html

She's not going to answer anything like this. If anything, She's going to say what her employers tell her to. I doubt they will even touch the subject of mortality in the show. Hasbro would shoot it down faster than we can say "alicorn". But I may be wrong: I feel that season 4 may be different as she did say that they will touch on Equestria's past. That may mean we will have an answer to these questions.

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/04/meghan-mccarthy-answers-bunch-of-stuff.html

Actually, Meghan McCarthy responded to me for once.  As I said twice on this site, she confirmed that Twilight will not outlive her friends, and that she'll still get to die together with her friends!

Don't believe me?  Here's the link: https://twitter.com/MMeghanMcCarthy/status/323513777427468288?refsrc=email

That means she rendered all of those immortal Twilicorn fanfics meaningless in just six words!

• Brohoof 1

Actually, Meghan McCarthy responded to me for once.  As I said twice on this site, she confirmed that Twilight will not outlive her friends, and that she'll still get to die together with her friends!

Don't believe me?  Here's the link: https://twitter.com/MMeghanMcCarthy/status/323513777427468288?refsrc=email

That means she rendered all of those immortal Twilicorn fanfics meaningless in just six words!

Nice. Good to hear... Or read... It's one of the things that was bothering me.

Thanks for putting those fanfics to rest.

Thanks for sharing.

Why do you guys keep thinking that Twilight will outlive her friends? The show will never show that in the episodes - or show ANYTHING related to death of the main six or anypony - it's too dark, little kids watch this show too. You guys need to stop saying she'll outlive her friends. We'll never know what'll happen unless the show presents it - but that'll never happen, because since kids watch the show too it'll be too dark and the kids will cry. So, that'll NEVER happen, so stop worrying and complaining about it.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm uncomfortable with the transformation. I don't like it at all.

I don't think Twilight can continue her studies and the overall POINT of the show while she's a princess.

With this season over and such an abrupt change in the main character, I'm not even sure there will BE a Season 4! sad.png sad.png sad.png sad.png sad.png sad.png sad.png sad.png sad.png sad.png

But there probably will be.

I'm just saying, the transformation doesn't make sense.

• 3 weeks later...
(edited)

Some questions are worth asking, and some are not.

The whole questioning on Twilight's longevity? The idea that it would even be approached when little kids are watching, is hard to swallow. If it is, it will be handled gingerly.

It basically comes down to what has been said before -- fans have extremely elaborate headcanons to fill the humongous gaps of the story. The writers give us just enough, and we go off-the-wall.

With Twilight's change, some questions will have to be answered, but the vast majority won't even be touched on, if only because it exceeds what they can reasonably show to little kids.

Edited by Shiek927

• 2 weeks later...

i don't think twilight will have a lot of responsibilitys immediatly, but have time to have fun with her friends. and then later on take on all her responsibilities as a princess and have power over a certain area when she is ready. 

i say this because in the flash back with twilight and cadence doing the " lady bugs awake " routine. cadence was a alicorn princess. But cadence only gained power over the cyrstal empire years after that when she was fully grown. so i belive the same will happen with twilight.

so i belive that at the conclusion of mlp every one will have achieved there goals:

Rainbow Dash: becomes a wonderbolt

Rarity: Becomes a big time fashion designer

Fluttershy: continue doing what she loves ( possibly on a larger scale )

PInky Pie: Continue doing what she loves ( again possibly on a larger scale )

Applejack: live out the rest of her life Working on the apple farm,( and again.... possibly on a larger scale)

Twilight Sparkle: Take on her responsibilities as a princess and rule over a certain area. ( possibly all of Equestria )

post-15739-0-61875100-1370299543.jpg

IMO, She is the PRIME definition of a Mary Sue, AND SHE ISN'T EVEN A OC! Now, i'm not go on full on Karkat-Rage about this but...... FRICK. But it did give me one thing, and that's a panel in my Homestuck Fan fic.

Twilight: Admire yourself as you have all the power out of the mane six. ALL OF IT.

How is Twilight Sparkle the prime definition of a Mary Sue? I've seen this claim before and debunked it, and I'll do it again if necessary.

Okay, I went a bit overboard on that, and i guess she would have to be like that, main character and all. (And she's the sniper from TF2 (pony fortress 2 meme), so yeah it's gonna be like that.

Okay, I went a bit overboard on that, and i guess she would have to be like that, main character and all. (And she's the sniper from TF2 (pony fortress 2 meme), so yeah it's gonna be like that.

"Be polite!"

"Be efficient!"

"Have a plan to befriend everyone you meet!"

Alright then, my friend, I suppose we're even Steven now. Just as long as you're not one of those blokes who uses the Croc-o-Style, that is. Then we've got beef, mate.

• 2 weeks later...

Well as i see it, i think its totally awesome twilight is now an alicorn, but i see it as celestia is going to make her the total gaurdian of all equestria even with the crystal empire (even though candace and shining armor is there) ohmy.png

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sience i started watch mlp i was thinking about that twilight gonna be a alicorn princess but i did´nt think she transform untill the first two episodes in season 4 (doubble episode) but i´m happy they make her trainsorm into and alicornprincess.

They made it easy to know she would be a princess, her element of harmony is a crown!post-17098-0-43806900-1371986908.gif

and for all the new ones post-17098-0-37082600-1371986942.jpg

Maybe it is a royal favor thing. Celestia and Luna like her, they think she would rule well. Also, I'm starting to think Discord was involved since Celestia doesn't do anything to give her wings, just a white flash, which Discord seems to love along with his ability to take and give wings.