Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Twilight Sparkle Alicorn/Princess Speculation [SPOILERS]

ponyvangelist

614 users have voted

1. 1. Would you approve of Twilight becoming an alicorn?

• Yes!
    • Maybe...
    • NO.

I wouldn't really like this, as I've said before, because I feel like Twilight is already prominent enough relative to the rest of the 6. What I want more than anything is a 2 part episode that gives some equality in importance and screen time for all of them, or maybe even focusing on just the 5 besides Twilight to make up for The Crystal Empire being the Twilight and Spike Show.

• Brohoof 2

I would make a compliment on how Its was just here power with magic that convinced celestia to train her, and that there is no evidence suggesting that princessed have to be alicorns as price blue blood is a unicorn, but...

facehoof.

considering they used the word alicorn for the first time in Magic duel we have little to no information about alicorns other then the name. We still dont know any background on luna or Celestia like did they have parents or are they more like gods or like you say can you become an alicorn. The problem with trying to address things like this is you will answer question 1 but uncover 1000 more along the way.

journey_by_ruhje-d5mya63.jpg

We will get art like that to come if Twilight were to become an alicorn. Just saying.

My want for alicorn art aside, my biggest problem with this is that it seems like it'll just be Twilight getting upgraded. The rest of the Mane 6 should become alicorns as well, after all that's most likely how Celestia and Luna got their OP powers (IMO the only possible explanation for them is that they became alicorns after EOH'ing Discord, and Cadance is a distant descendant of one of Celestia's children, however they don't have the magic & immortality that Celestia and Luna enjoy).

Edited by RBDash
  • Brohoof 2

This would definetly not be good. Twilight has her share of problems but turning her into a alicorn would make her a terrible excuse for a mary sue. She is perfect the way she is and that is the way she needs to stay.

• Brohoof 2

Since childhood, Twilight Sparkle has shown great potential in the field of magic.  Princess Celestia is even training her personally! But...why? Is Princess Celestia training a replacement? But all princesses are alicorns.  Is Twilight Sparkle on her way to becoming an alicorn? Maybe as a series finale? She is the main character afterall...

Honestly it can go any way in my view. I feel from the season premire that twilight might become a alicorn to replace or add as a royal for Equestria.

I don't really think there's a possible way for a unicorn - or any type of pony for that matter - to become an Alicorn. Alicorns are kinda God-like, aren't they? I believe they are a rather unique race. tongue.png

Also, I don't think Celestia is training Twilight to replace her or anything like that. It's probably only because of the Elements of Harmony. Though a lot of speculations says that Twilight is prone to rule someday. But who knows?~

They are not good like, Powerful but not god-like.. If they where they wouldn't need the elements of harmony. Celestia and Luna haven't proven how truly powerful they are. I doubt the Alicorn Amulet counts either as we don't truly know.

My want for alicorn art aside, my biggest problem with this is that it seems like it'll just be Twilight getting upgraded. The rest of the Mane 6 should become alicorns as well, after all that's most likely how Celestia and Luna got their OP powers (IMO the only possible explanation for them is that they became alicorns after EOH'ing Discord, and Cadance is a distant descendant of one of Celestia's children, however they don't have the magic & immortality that Celestia and Luna enjoy).

There is no proof that Cadance and Celestia are directly related that has been presented in the show so far... I doubt that Celestia is the Crystal queen... And Cadance was the "lost princess" of the crystal empire.

She does seem pretty epic as an alicorn

but more to the point how would she grow wings and it would seem kind of unfair to the mane 6 I mean currently we have 2 unicorns, 2 pegasus, and 2 earth ponies, it just seems like if Twilight becomes an alicorn somehow the group would drift apart though it would make a pretty epic ending episode for the whole series like Twilight leaving Ponyville at the end after her training

She does seem pretty epic as an alicorn

but more to the point how would she grow wings and it would seem kind of unfair to the mane 6 I mean currently we have 2 unicorns, 2 pegasus, and 2 earth ponies, it just seems like if Twilight becomes an alicorn somehow the group would drift apart though it would make a pretty epic ending episode for the whole series like Twilight leaving Ponyville at the end after her training

I feel exactly the same way, it would devalue the rest of the 6 in importance if Twilight got elevated to alicorn status.

I feel that it should be mentioned that technically Rarity became an alicorn temporarily when Twilight used magic to give her wings so she could fly to Cloudsdale. I'm not sure that really counted, though.

I'm sure that there is a difference between an alicorn and a unicorn with wings

• 2 weeks later...

This came up in a thread about Twilight being the next Nightmare Moon and in a rumor thread where this was thrown out as a possibility. Personally I do not believe the rumor, but I wanted to know your thoughts on this anyway.

Personally I am NOT excited about the idea and I hope it does not happen, unless it's a temporary thing as part of a story arc. Because it doesn't fit her character. Twilight is not a leader of ponies and I doubt she would want that kind of power or trust herself to use it responsibly.

If the rumor is true and Hasbro does it just to sell a new toy or something, I'll be downright pissed.

• Brohoof 12

GOD no. The day Twilight Sparkle becomes an Alicorn is the day the show gets butchered alive. Why would anyone think this is a good idea? If Hasbro seriously thinks they can sell more toys with this, they're out of their minds.

• Brohoof 11

22885876.jpg

If it's not Op, i'm fine.

If it is then hasbro has one less Twilight Fan.

If it's just to sell a new toy then let me at 'em. No really. I want hasbro to pay.

Otherwise, LET THE FANFICS BEGIN!

oh wait they already did

• Brohoof 10

22885876.jpg

If it's not Op, i'm fine.

If it is then hasbro has one less Twilight Fan.

If it's just to sell a new toy then let me at 'em. No really. I want hasbro to pay.

Otherwise, LET THE FANFICS BEGIN!

oh wait they already did

Hahaha yep so true. Btw if anyone believes in that reddit post that has started a rumor on My Little Brony well I checked it out. The post is by a new user from 12 days ago, it's his first post, it's unverified. Seems legit....

• Brohoof 5

Well, let me let this guy answer it for us.

Or how about this lovely video:

NO NO NO.  It will never ever happen no no way not now no never.

Other than that though, I'd be ok with it.

Oh, and NOPE

Edited by Rainbow Skywalker
  • Brohoof 3

I'd be okay with it.  I don't really think I'd care either way.  Twilight isn't my favorite character s I don't care what really happens to her.  Although it would make her a bigger Mary Sue than she already is.

• Brohoof 1

Hahaha yep so true. Btw if anyone believes in that reddit post that has started a rumor on My Little Brony well I checked it out. The post is by a new user from 12 days ago, it's his first post, it's unverified. Seems legit....

Seems extreamly legit. I don't trust new users with 'Secret Information'. Not that I don't trust new members, it's just that i'm a bit cautious around them. Because they may be spitting out lies about news. Or trolling.

I'd be okay with it.  I don't really think I'd care either way.  Twilight isn't my favorite character s I don't care what really happens to her.  Although it would make her a bigger Mary Sue than she already is.

Twilight's a Mary Sue?

ohrlyplzdo128577025241855286.jpg

Edited by Shift
  • Brohoof 4

I literally think it would make twilight feel OP. I know its a weird term, but it would put her as royalty above the others.

Plus she doesn't look nearly as adorable when you stick some random wings on her...

However I'm totally fine if its some temporary thing they do where she turns Alicorn for a while, but changes back afterwards.

I don't think we can confirm this however though, no way that hasbro would've said something like this already, anyone whos said its confirmed just wants us to panic and craves to have attention. Therefore I don't believe it until it happens.

Its not impossible, and I don't think it would ruin the show, but it would make me dislike twilight, moving her from 2nd place on my list to the bottom of it.

If they really want to make an Alicorn twilight, then by all means they can make it.. But don't make it a permenate change on the show, because I don't want to make it ruin twilight's character.

I'm gonna put my trust in Hasbro and say that hopefully they will make the right choice and keep making the show fantastic. So hopefully they won't be making a permennate alicorn twilight.

• Brohoof 6

NO 

and since we have a charactor limit i'll exsplain, if that was to happen Twilight would be in a position of a god unable to advance any further with no new lesson to learn, that would be the only justification so FIM would right there and then and we would move on to G4.5.

that pretty much it, this would only rely work for the toy line

also i personaly don't like it because it belittles Alicorn who are god like not to mention crap all over the logic and make of Alicorn OC's justified..... i'll stop here   

• Brohoof 1

I don't think anypony's asked this question:

Is it permenant or temporary?

Maybe Twilight experiences what it's like to be an Alicorn princess but doesn't like it because she doesn't get to be with her friends or study/read books.

• Brohoof 4

Seems extreamly legit. I don't trust new users with 'Secret Information'. Not that I don't trust new members, it's just that i'm a bit cautious around them. Because they may be spitting out lies about news. Or trolling.

Twilight's a Mary Sue?

ohrlyplzdo128577025241855286.jpg

It's just my opinion.  She's way too prissy and smart.  Can't she fail just once?  Everything she does wrong turns out okay.  It drives me insane.

• Brohoof 1

It's just my opinion.  She's way too prissy and smart.  Can't she fail just once?  Everything she does wrong turns out okay.  It drives me insane.

And that makes her a Mary Sue? Some ponies are nerdy. I'm nerdy. She has done wrong, and she has learnt from it. Things have turned out OK because that it the nature of the show. Friendship is Magic. If she failed then that would defeat the purpose. May I remind you we have 6 year olds watching.

• Brohoof 6