Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Twilight Sparkle Alicorn/Princess Speculation [SPOILERS]

ponyvangelist

614 users have voted

1. 1. Would you approve of Twilight becoming an alicorn?

• Yes!
    • Maybe...
    • NO.

Yeah, I'm not sure the whole alicorn Twilight would serve more than to be a ruse to sell toys. How could you even implement that without it arousing suspicion? nah, better off without that marketing ploy.

• Brohoof 1

Maybe, if it's handled correctly and written well into the show.  I think people need to be a bit more open-minded, Twilight becoming an Alicorn doesnt not = only bad, it could actually work.  That being said, I understand completely why a lot of people are skeptical about it.

Edited by Thoix

No Twilight is perfectly fine the way she is an there is no reason for her to become a alicorn. Okay why on earth does twilight need to become an alicorn now?! If they decide on doing this to Twilight i don't honestly know what I would think about it honestly.

131174705546.png

Don't change her come on now :(... they already took a character out that I loved....

Edited by Gone ϟ Airbourne
  • Brohoof 4

Here's my totally bs guess theory, if this actually does happen.

I bet that Twi will become an alicorn as part of her 'next level' of training and as part of the season finale, but then give up her new powers/sacrifice them to stay with/save her friends, and everything can go back to normal.

Thoughts?

Here's my totally bs guess theory, if this actually does happen.

I bet that Twi will become an alicorn as part of her 'next level' of training and as part of the season finale, but then give up her new powers/sacrifice them to stay with/save her friends, and everything can go back to normal.

Thoughts?

It could happen, and that's one of few ways I would accept it happening. If it's temporary and done well and serves a constructive purpose in the story, that's better...but I'm still opposed enough to the idea that I voted no. ^^

If they handle it correctly and tie it in with an interesting story with appropriated timing, then I'd be fine with it. If it has an interesting enough story and concept, then I'd actually like to see it. 

Well only if it's only for one episode that's fine bit not longer than that so my answer is

HELL NO

And in the other post I wrote that mlp ends to separate from Hasbro for it wants to get rid of all the suffering that made the show so great and making twilight a alicorn is one of Hasbro's bad ideas.

Guys, Twilight doesn't have to be an alicorn to be able to kick everyone's asses. As far as I'm concerned the true power doesn't come from the horn or wings or birth certificate or even the fact that someone's an alicorn, it comes from the inside ... so still no on "Twilight the Alicorn" since the next step don't have to be her becoming something different.

On the other hand -> Series finale ... what?!.... is?!... that?!. MLP won't end anytime it the the future. ANY! If it happens I will do the same as in cases of things that I love that I already mentioned. I will buy the next plane ticket to wherever they have their headquarters and strike! And I think I'll be able to gather a horde of people with me :lol:  So also NO! to any kind of ending

• Brohoof 1

aw_hell_naw_answer_2_xlarge.jpeg

Twilight being an alicorn would just ruin the series for me and cause me to punch the computer screen real hard as soon as I saw it.

Hasbro listen to us this time! We know what we are talking about here... Twilight does not need to have added wings and mutated to become an alicorn >.> she is perfectly fine as a unicorn the was she is meant to be!!

cc77225b.jpg

Edited by Gone ϟ Airbourne
  • Brohoof 3

I dont see any reason why the fandom should be so upset about it anyway. Sure, call me simple but I like it that way. If she becomes one, then go ahead. If she does, then go ahead. Nothing of value was lost.

I'm just here to enjoy the show.

• Brohoof 2

I suspect that if they do make Twilight a Alicorn it will be a temporary affair, like borrowed power or a glimpse of the future.

But saying that, NO, I don't think she'll be a alicorn.

I think that reddit post is playing off the plausibility that Derpy is being phased out of the show, interjecting the notion that Twilight might become a princess/alicorn. 

Had several theories as to things that would make me "ok" with Twilight turning into an alicorn.  The one I would primarily accept would be something along these lines:  

Have an episode with Twilight attending a costume party.  She has a sort of "obsessed," fan crazy worship of Celestia.  It would break down similarly to episode 3 of Season 2, except with the slight difference of the costume party going on.  Using her magic, Twilight recreates the Omniomorphic spell and transforms herself into Celestia.  However, borrowing something from a fanfic idea I have, the studious unicorn "pushes a spell beyond its limitations," which causes a problem.  If she doesn't turn back into her original self she will be permanently stuck in a Celestia copy form which would slowly drain her magic away because it takes a significant amount of power to maintain the Omniomorphic spell.

At the end of the episode, Twilight learns about idols and why they aren't bad to have. But you shouldn't let idolizing consume your thoughts.  The costume party goes off without a hitch and Twilight turns into an alicorn version of herself for the like 2 remaining minutes with the 1 minute ending showing her going back to normal.  However, the only thing I would do for subsequent episodes after this one is a "gag" comedy thing.  When Twilight gets spooked at certain points her horn lights up and those wings from the party unfurl, then quickly dissipate like a reflex reaction. 

If they just make her into an alicorn/princess for the heck of it, have the show switch focus to just her, and Twilight thinking she's a "pretty pretty princess" and the like... i'm not sure if I could like the adorkable, studious little pony.  Probably could, but it would be tough since she would be pushed into Mary Sue territory big time.

I do not, i repeat, i do not aprove of this.... The show would be ruined if this happened... i mean, i just don't see it happening, i believe rumors will stay as just rumors...

That seems like something that could happen... or... or... OR...

They could go the route of G2 (or G3, I can't remember) episode 1 (I know this only because I watched Ballad of the Brony) and instead, Twilight demands that ALL OF THE MANE 6 become alicorn princesses!

......................OH DEAR GOD, WHAT HAVE I DONE?!

In all seriousness, I think that it has the potential to work (just Twilight as an alicorn, not everyone else).  It would have to be handled extremely carefully, but it might be able to work.  If our worst fears become true, I'll stick around to see what spawns from it.

No, Hasbro, please, no Twilicorns.
She is perfectly fine as a unicorn. Maybe if she turned into an alicorn on the end of the series.... but still..... it has to have a REALLY good execution.

I'd probably be OK with it if were maybe a few seconds to *finish the job* or maybe a weird non-canon episode that show her as an Alicorn ,but overall i wouldn't like to see an Alicorn Twilight in the show itself. Hasbro should just make an ad of Alicorn Twilight and sell the toys instead of tainting the show with it. Twilight is already special why make her an Alicorn? it makes no sense to me. 

Edited by ~Chaotic Harmony~

Guys, I think ya'll are over reacting a bit.

Hasbro is apparently trying to turn their show into crap to try to sell more toys, I'm sure the MLP team will pull it off and if this does happen, they'll make some good story to go along with it. Ya'll were flipping shit when ya'll heard a pink new alicorn was being introduced along with Twilight's brother

I was not. Cadence's character was at least believable and not overdone in the colours department, though I sternly believe the introduction of a polar opposite donning the role as main antagonist helped out Cadence's character in a big way.

On the other hand -> Series finale ... what?!.... is?!... that?!. MLP won't end anytime it the the future. ANY! If it happens I will do the same as in cases of things that I love that I already mentioned. I will buy the next plane ticket to wherever they have their headquarters and strike! And I think I'll be able to gather a horde of people with me :lol:  So also NO! to any kind of ending

Strike them down, we shall! When they look out their windows that fateful day, this is what they'll see:

post-9686-0-97154300-1355420728_thumb.png

And their hearts will all be blown to bits. But we'll hug them until they recover, and then ask nicely for them to continue the series.

But I guess we'll have to keep arguing over alicorn Twilight. I still haven't heard any good explanations of exactly how it will ruin the show, that can't be avoided by good writing.

It all depends.  It be kinda weird to have her as an alicorn.  I mean, I'm used to her as an unicorn.  I'd just have to see whether or not the show would be ruined by her being an alicorn.

• Brohoof 1

GOD no. The day Twilight Sparkle becomes an Alicorn is the day the show gets butchered alive. Why would anyone think this is a good idea? If Hasbro seriously thinks they can sell more toys with this, they're out of their minds.

I agree that Hasbro is making a stupid move BUT I am disgusted that people are so against it. What happened to the love and tolerant group that was called Bronies. It seemed very obvious (To me anyway) that this would happen to twilight on the first episode of the series.

the only thing that makes me annoyed that this seems like a end series move and its WAY too soon. As far I can throw this is that its a rumor and It will be that to me til it happens. If it happens in season 3 its way too bucking soon.

I'd much prefer them to keep Twilight the way she is. She's much more cuter without becoming overpowered. I wouldn't really like her even if temporary, but if it was temporary I wouldn't hate her either. 

Yet, In canon we don't know How powerful Alicorns are, heck they can be defeated and in fact be sealed away if they abuse their powers. Twilight Sparkle can be a good alicorn but I stand that its too soon in the series to do this.

I'm not reading this topic because while I don't mind episode spoilers, I don't want to read possible confirmation of that happening.

If it happens, it'll happen. A shame but Celestia said that she was ready for the episode premier. Ready for what? Who knows. This? Maybe. Defeat some ancient evil? Possibly. I don't own the show, the fans don't own it, Hasbro does.

Assuming she is, what'll happen then? How will they handle it? Hasbro has been doing good so far so I trust them on this.

Brohoof, that what I like to see. Maybe the effects are limited, maybe they are not... The episode can be amazing or a Flop... maybe its greed or a good business move. It matters how to fit it all together in the series. In the end this is a Rumor.

Hell no, that's really stupid. Honestly, Twilight looks horrible as an alicorn, she looks really weird with wings. I don't like it :/

That is of opinion, Why not wait and see before you reject it so quickly. Don't trash something because it shows up on reddit... a lot of bronies are blowing this out of proportion.

*sigh*

Well something is obviously going to happen to Twilight, as apparently she will discover her 'true destiny' and is moving on to the 'next level of her studies,' whatever that means. Now whether or not that entails her becoming an alicorn or something I don't know, but I hope not.

I would be okay with something like that probably, especially if it was something temporary like the Elements of Harmony, bonus points if it also involves her friends somehow.

That I can agree with, I hope that it involves all the characters and not just twilight alone. No one pony, Earth, Pegasus, Unicorn or alicorn should be doing anything alone.

I can say just have some faith that the writers are doing the best they can to make this work.

NO 

and since we have a charactor limit i'll exsplain, if that was to happen Twilight would be in a position of a god unable to advance any further with no new lesson to learn, that would be the only justification so FIM would right there and then and we would move on to G4.5.

that pretty much it, this would only rely work for the toy line

also i personaly don't like it because it belittles Alicorn who are god like not to mention crap all over the logic and make of Alicorn OC's justified..... i'll stop here   

how are alicorn's god(ess)s? Can you clarify please? because I doubt that they have unlimited power and unable to die.

• Brohoof 3

how are alicorn's god(ess)s? Can you clarify please? because I doubt that they have unlimited power and unable to die.

>>>>>'God Like'<<<<<

there power is way beyond that of a normal unicorn or Pegasus with the power to singalhandedly lift the sun and the moon as well as invade dreams as well as other stuff, also if we consider there life span too and there is no mention of a dead or withered Alicorn.

also there origin is unexplained unless you count fan made origins

now i know were this is going so iv'e explained and thats it