Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Twilight Sparkle Alicorn/Princess Speculation [SPOILERS]

ponyvangelist

614 users have voted

1. 1. Would you approve of Twilight becoming an alicorn?

• Yes!
    • Maybe...
    • NO.

who here thinks that Twilight should become an alicorn? i think its a cool idea and she has enough power to become one but its still a hard choice because that would make Rarity the only unicorn in the group. also if Twilight becomes an alicorn do you think the rest of the mane six will also?

• Brohoof 2

YES nad also No. Twilight should become an Alicorn in another generation thats a continuation or spinoff to this generation. the rest of the mane 6 wouldnt be able to handle it, especially AJ and PP.

• Brohoof 1

Huh, and I was starting to think that I was the only one who doesn't oppose it. Still a weird idea, but I think the developers may be able to make it work.

I can imagine an episode where Rainbow Dash is trying to teach Twilight to fly, but Twilight is too much of a dork to get the hang of it without trying to mathmatically analyse everything she's doing. x3

• Brohoof 3

There is only one universal answer for this theory. One simple, yet powerful rebuttal against this hypothesis. One which makes the obvious answer require no further explanation at all. This is it \/

Edited by Modphase
  • Brohoof 2

Eh,I'm not exactly opposed to the idea of Twilight being an Alicorn since all fingers/hooves seem to point or hint at it,but I would much rather Hasbro avoids that unless they make her an Alicorn in G5 or something as a throwback to fans of G4.

I have honestly never been against this idea ever since the rumor had even started. In fact, I embrace it because it does actually make sense to me. Not to mention that I have shown numerous pieces of evidence that the show itself has provided that prove that whole plot would indeed not been thrown away due to the fact that Twilight's personality, for those that have actually paid attention to it, will simply not let it happen. If you want to see them, look at the rants I've posted in the previous topics concerning this issue. I'm not going to waste my time re-posting them for a fifth time.

If she does turn into an Alicorn does this mean she might become a Princess or possibly be the new ruler of Canterlot? Or will she become some supreme magic wielder like Stormcloud the bearded(sorry if thats wrong)

I have honestly never been against this idea ever since the rumor had even started. In fact, I embrace it because it does actually make sense to me. Not to mention that I have shown numerous pieces of evidence that the show itself has provided that prove that whole plot would indeed not been thrown away due to the fact that Twilight's personality, for those that have actually paid attention to it, will simply not let it happen. If you want to see them, look at the rants I've posted in the previous topics concerning this issue. I'm not going to waste my time re-posting them for a fifth time.

sorry i didn't know there where previous posts on this subject. could you tell me where they are?

I can imagine an episode where Rainbow Dash is trying to teach Twilight to fly, but Twilight is too much of a dork to get the hang of it without trying to mathmatically analyse everything she's doing. x3

i could totally see twilight doing that and it would be a challenge for Twilight to not over complicate it. i would still feel bad for Rarity tho.

i could totally see twilight doing that and it would be a challenge for Twilight to not over complicate it. i would still feel bad for Rarity tho.

I don't think Rarity would really care if she's the only unicorn within their circle of friends. Applejack nor Pinkie Pie have ever apologized for being earth ponies, after all. Besides, Alicorns in the show itself have mainly just been portrayed as being unicorns, but more.

The first one can be found here in this topic,

http://mlpforums.com/topic/41915-alicorn-twilight-yes-or-no/

and the second one can be found here.

http://mlpforums.com/topic/41863-alicorn-twilight-removed-derpy-more-hasbro-control-rumors/

I have decent sized rants posted in both topics about everything, all of which used facts from the show.

Besides, Alicorns in the show itself have mainly just been portrayed as being unicorns, but more.
i thought they were portrayed as the elder race (I.E. their age and long life) and that they were made through finding the strongest magic users in the world.

I don't think Rarity would really care if she's the only unicorn within their circle of friends. Applejack nor Pinkie Pie have ever apologized for being earth ponies, after all. Besides, Alicorns in the show itself have mainly just been portrayed as being unicorns, but more.

ya i understand that point of view but i think i like the balence that it has. also ya i dont think that if twilight did become an alicorn there would be no hurt fealings because they dont think of echother any differnt because one is an earth pony well another might be a unicorn. but me personly will feel bad for her.  :unsure:  but even then i still think it would be cool for her to be an alicorn.

I think she will become an Alicorn for ONE episode or 2, but than she uses everything she has to defeat the enemy.. thus losing her Alicorn powers and becoming a unicorn again..

• Brohoof 1

Hello!

Eheh, i don't think so. It would just seem weird really, and i don't believe it's going to happen aswell... Not even for an episode. A unicorn is enough to handle many problems, as one of the episodes stated, the ponies used unicorn magic to raise and lower the sun and the moon, not alicorn powers. An alicorn, is just a pony with wings and a horn. A unicorn can be just as powerful as an Alicorn...

• Brohoof 1

I am all for Twilight becoming an alicorn, as it would make sense that it would be her "destiny". If they do that, I have no problem with it. Expect one: Alicorns are supposed to be rare, right? Well if they keep adding more, it's gonna take the rare aspect away.

• Brohoof 1

I dislike this idea. Twilight Is a unicorn who is discovering the magic of frien- oh look now she can fly.

I am going by this now and saying that if twilight does become an alicorn, and they keep her like that permanently (as in she stayes like that during the regular episodes) then i'll stop watching the show.

I dislike this idea. Twilight Is a unicorn who is discovering the magic of frien- oh look now she can fly.

I am going by this now and saying that if twilight does become an alicorn, and they keep her like that permanently (as in she stayes like that during the regular episodes) then i'll stop watching the show.

Have you not read any of the rants that I've posted on this issue in any of the other topics that this has been brought up in? I've clearly defined hard, factual evidence that the very thing you mention here, Twilight forsaking her friends because she can fly, will not happen. The evidence that has been provided by the show itself concerning Twilight's personality will not let it happen like that.

One word. NO. The day Hasbro decides to make Twilight an Alicorn is the day the show will be slaughtered to pieces. Mainly because making her an alicorn would be like saying "Hmm I'm bored, let's make Twilight an alicorn to end the show!" Alicorn Twilight is okay in fanfics (Derp) but in canon? That's too much and it would be ending the show.

• Brohoof 1

All of my no.

In all seriousness. Alicorns represent the "adults" in the show for the actual target audience (small girls) so it would be odd if the one hero character they are supposed to identify with (even if other characters get the same screen time... it's Twilight who we follow on the double-episodes) suddenly becomes an Alicorn and thus an adult.

Given that argument it would be very odd if Twilight would become an Alicorn and stay like it, but it is not unlikely she might become one of the "adults" for a certain time in a show, maybe as a dream. But I would rather think she will just look like them (or Fleur De Lis for that matter) without wings.

So keep the buck down and don't worry.

• Brohoof 1

If Twilight Sparkles turn into an alicorn, then that will most likely will come with an end of adventure for the current six main cast of this show. Considering that each characters have been explored fairly well and the story-writers have made various attempts to show character progression, perhaps their adventure is coming close to an end, perhaps it isn't. I've made a discussion with other people in this forum that there may be some chance of next season introducing an entire new cast, perhaps a different time period, perhaps a different setting.

But considering what's been leaked, I find that probability of happening... fairly low, even though the direction of the show seems to head to the aforementioned direction.