Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

music Jverne's Dubstep Thread

JeanHover

You bet I'm copying Crispy.

So I am a huge fan of dubstep. Maybe there are some other fans on MLPforums that I have yet to be aware of. Post your favorite songs here for the pleasure of all MLPforums dubstep lovers. By the way, when I say dubstep, I just mean electronic music in general. It's kinda tedious to write "electronic music in general" in every place where I could just write the general term that most people use. Anyway, here's one of my favorites. I really like Monster Cat, that post some great stuff. This here is some drumstep by Tut Tut Child, one of my favorite artists, though they aren't very well known.

• Brohoof 2

Dat bass drop.

This is just a remix, but its so awesome! :wub: This is also my phone's most played song.

We need more threads like this.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Dat bass drop.

This is just a remix, but its so awesome! :wub: This is also my phone's most played song.

We need more threads like this.

Thanks! We do need more threads like this. I remember this scene when Dumbo was drunk. XD Anyway, love the drop. Brohoofed, definitely! Edited by Jverne
  • Brohoof 2

• 6 months later...

Thread revival, yessir. Knife Party is awesome. I also like Internet Friends, Fire Hive, and Destroy Them With Lazers.

I was about to make a thread like this myself, but I came across this. So yay.

• Brohoof 1

Cannot stop listening to this. 

Rezonate produces magnificent electronic music, in this situation - dubstep, or more specifically chillstep.

Yay, I can post again! This time I'll give you some of the best Grime inspired Dubstep out there

Sure, this one is inspired by Baltimore House, but still! ^^

(edited)

Jackass:

HOW BOY HERE WE GO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bC6vZCY2mDE

Skrlls mah homboy no body got shit on him!!!!!!!! i men rlly no one made better music den him: Ill try to wake up and post a half decent post here. Just give me a bit...

Half Decent:

Direct dawg.

Edited by SmittyWerbenjagermanjense

HOW BOY HERE WE GO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bC6vZCY2mDE

Skrlls mah homboy no body got shit on him!!!!!!!! i men rlly no one made better music den him: Ill try to wake up and post a half decent post here. Just give me a bit...

OMG LULZ I SOW AGRE HE SOW FAKING AFSUM, SKREAM GOT NOTING AGINST HIM!!!!!1111

ERYBODY IN DA INDSTRY R ONLEH RIPING HIM!!

Speaking of Skream....

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Heres some dubstep for you, i just stumbled upon these when browsing youtube and i thought they where pretty cool songs so yea img-1514623-1-smile.png

Edited by PelateOvercast

(edited)

Posting some stuff by Kaiju. He is so underrated and probably produce the best Dubstep material of darker nature

Heres some dubstep for you, i just stumbled upon these when browsing youtube and i thought they where pretty cool songs so yea img-1514623-1-smile.png

While that does fall under the more aggressive category of Dubstep, I found the second song to be good :3

Edited by Soundgarden
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

I'll post 2 for now, and ill be doing so for the next few times after somepony else puts something in.

This is from iNexus, which I think are actually pretty good.

https://soundcloud.com/inexusmusic/avicii-levels-inexus-remix

A lot of people know Avicii, but I didn't really like his Levels song too much. This would be the only remix I like of it.

https://soundcloud.com/inexusmusic/flux-pavilion-bass-cannon

And then there's bass cannon of course. This particular one isn't too much of a remix, but what it does have is an overloaded low range compared to the original.

Edit: By the way, That was a real bass drop.

Edited by Funny Snout

(edited)

well it looks like the videos turned into stupid text let me try again

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=DkqZZgRoiyM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=7VnX6iqPhnw

well i got to say more limit these songs are mainly beat and bass so yea their not as violent as other dubstep

these are kinda like liquid dubstep i dont know huh.png

Edited by PelateOvercast

well it looks like the videos turned into stupid text let me try again

well i got to say more limit these songs are mainly beat and bass so yea their not as violent as other dubstep

these are kinda like liquid dubstep i dont know huh.png

Nah, that's just regular Dubstep 

And btw, I freaking love Kromestar! :D Bully is one of my favorite tracks by him

Now, have some more Kromestar <3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BEByqo_zAI

While I haven't looked into Christopher Yike's stuff all too much, I really like his music from what I've heard

By the way, when I say dubstep, I just mean electronic music in general. It's kinda tedious to write "electronic music in general" in every place where I could just write the general term that most people use.

This is the most depressing thing I have ever read. Ever.

I really do hope this is not the case. There's just too many fantastic Electronic styles out there for people to just lump them all together with Dubstep. BsGGR.png

• Brohoof 3

I'd like to take the opportunity to move this thread away from brostep (most of which I consider trash but that's a story for another time) and bring some future garage and other whatnots in.

This is the most depressing thing I have ever read. Ever.

I really do hope this is not the case. There's just too many fantastic Electronic styles out there for people to just lump them all together with Dubstep. img-1514729-1-BsGGR.png

Nah, it's just people who can't tell the difference between Techno and Dubstep who would even consider to use Dubstep as an umbrella term for all electronic genres. Just ignore that.

I'd like to take the opportunity to move this thread away from brostep (most of which I consider trash but that's a story for another time) and bring some future garage and other whatnots in.

But I have been furiously posting Dubstep :(

Oh well, continuing my posting with some Kryptic Minds

This one killed my parents

• Brohoof 1

The next 2 songs I will post now are by Helicopter Showdown, which have more of a harder style of dub then producers like iNexus n stuff. Luckily they don't overdo it too much on some of their songs, so I like them.

I don't know why I like this song. It just seemed interesting from the start.

And this is my favourite from them, when them and Sluggo did a collaboration song together. Both groups seem to pair nicely when making songs.

Oh god I love James Blake so much, definitely my favorite Post-Dubstep producer with Mount Kimbie in a close second. I'd love to see him live, it would be such an awesome performance

I agree with you so dam much, James Blake is freaking insanely good. I have started listening to more Shackleton when it comes to Post-Dubstep though, he's insane as well.

Posting moar Shackleton

Dat drop at 3:00

• Brohoof 2

Yes. Yes. Yes.

I absolutely love brostep. I've got this song on repeat, and I can't stop listening to it. When the bass drops, I always headbang so hard lol