Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why is Rainbow Dash always drawn or depicted as being flat chested?

SongBrony

I'm not sure if this is in the right place, but it's about art, so I put it here anyway.

So I've been looking through human pictures of the mane six, and in each one I have realized something...Rainbow Dash always, and I mean ALWAYS, is depicted as being flat chested. Now I know because she's athletic they're "suppose" to be smaller, but I have never pictured her as being flat. Average, yes. But not with nothing there. Am I the only one who thinks Rainbow is drawn with too flat of a chest? (Or am I the only freak here) Now I'm not talking R34. I'm talking about just your average drawings of them just hanging out or of just RD herself.

Edited by SongBrony
  • Brohoof 2

...wat are you talking about.

Every time I see a fanart drawing, Rainbow has the hugest and most disproportionate chest.

Maybe I'm just looking at the wrong kind of images o_O

• Brohoof 2

Well I'm not much of a fan of humanized ponies, but I'm not sure why she would be depicted as being flat-chested. I mean I could see her chest not being like gigantic, but maybe average or something...Idk

Because I think most athletic girls are flat chested, or Rainbow is just the kind of girl to be one.

Or it just became a trend to draw her without boobs.

Like this:

Posted Image

Edited by DeiStar
  • Brohoof 1

...wat are you talking about.

Every time I see a fanart drawing, Rainbow has the hugest and most disproportionate chest.

Maybe I'm just looking at the wrong kind of images o_O

What are you talking about? Every single one I've seen she has been the flattest (and most anorexic) out of all of them. I have yet to see one where she is huge and disproportionate.

This reminds me of a comic I saw a long time ago that explained it...

Thanks to the power of Google I found it again.

Posted Image

She might not have been flat chested but then when she flew fast the sound barrier cut them off :P

• Brohoof 8

I'm no expert on female chests >_> but it's probably the athletic body build factor or that she diets or that it makes sense for her to be flat in order to be more aerodynamic *shrugs*

That's what I was thinking. But I know athletic girls who have above average sized chests. (I swear I'm not a stalker/creeper. Most happen to be friends of mine.)

What are you talking about? Every single one I've seen she has been the flattest (and most anorexic) out of all of them. I have yet to see one where she is huge and disproportionate.

Apparently I am seeing all the twisted fantasies of Rainbow, because her and Fluttershy (ew) are generally the ones who have some scary giant chest. It's disgusting XD

Apparently I am seeing all the twisted fantasies of Rainbow, because her and Fluttershy (ew) are generally the ones who have some scary giant chest. It's disgusting XD

Personally, I could see Fluttershy having the biggest. I don't know why, but I can. Rarity would be next with Pinkie, Twi, and AJ with the same size.
  • Brohoof 1

Personally, I could see Fluttershy having the biggest. I don't know why, but I can. Rarity would be next with Pinkie, Twi, and AJ with the same size.

I don't really see Rarity as having the biggest. For me it's either Fluttershy or Twilight, to be honest o__O

Rainbow and the others, not so much.

Simple, because flat chest means she is aerodynamic. Having huge knockers can screws up your flight path when it comes to high speed.

This comic can explains it better i believe

Posted Image

E: shit, someone already posted this earlier, my bad

Edited by Star Weaver
  • Brohoof 5

Someone clearly is not familiar with MLP R34.

Of course, they all have huge boobs in R34, so that's not saying much.

Probably just the athletic tomboy stereotype.

You know, I do have a few athletic tomboy friends, and all of them are pretty flat.

Someone clearly is not familiar with MLP R34.

Of course, they all have huge boobs in R34, so that's not saying much.

Probably just the athletic tomboy stereotype.

You know, I do have a few athletic tomboy friends, and all of them are pretty flat.

No, I'm familiar with that rule. I'm not talking about that rule though. I'm talking about just your normal drawings. Like just hanging out or something.

I think it has to do with the fact that when a girl exercises a lot, as Dash does in training for the Wonderbolts, the fat usually leaves around places it isn't needed first. I'm pretty sure the face and chest are the first to shrink, which results in smaller sizes for more athletic girls. But completely flat? That just sounds like they're drawing a pre-pubescent Rainbow Dash...

Personally, I've always thought Pinkie would be biggest, then Rarity, and then Fluttershy, AJ, and Twilight all being average and around the same.

Okay, I know about boobs.. (I have some). An athletic girl can have average breasts if she's only gotten into sports since or shortly befor puberty. You see, boobs are mostly fat. If a person has low body fat since young childhood (gymnastics, running, flying) then when their boobs start to develope, they won't be as fatty, making them smaller, alot smaller. If a person gets into athletics slightly before or after puberty, the breasts have started to develope, and losing the fat stored in the body won't affect them much. Rainbow has been into speed since fillyhood, so a flat chest would be the anatomical result. Pinkiepie, on the other hand would be large chested, because of her love of sweets since fillyhood, Rarity's would probobly be fake... Apple Jack's would be mostly flat aswell. Twilight's would be average, as she isn't lazy or particulary athletic. Fluttershy's would be average or smaller as well, as a filly she was rather slim. Belive it or not, most girls have B-C cups, sorry boys. The notion that anyone except for Pinkie would have large boobs is nonsense. Remember, slim girls don't have the body for anything bigger than C. D cups will also weigh a lot more than a B cup girl. Hourglass figure does not equal super flat tummy/skinny/tiny waist.

Sorry for the boob lecture, don't be mad :(

• Brohoof 7

Okay, I know about boobs.. (I have some). An athletic girl can have average breasts if she's only gotten into sports since or shortly befor puberty. You see, boobs are mostly fat. If a person has low body fat since young childhood (gymnastics, running, flying) then when their boobs start to develope, they won't be as fatty, making them smaller, alot smaller. If a person gets into athletics slightly before or after puberty, the breasts have started to develope, and losing the fat stored in the body won't affect them much. Rainbow has been into speed since fillyhood, so a flat chest would be the anatomical result. Pinkiepie, on the other hand would be large chested, because of her love of sweets since fillyhood, Rarity's would probobly be fake... Apple Jack's would be mostly flat aswell. Twilight's would be average, as she isn't lazy or particulary athletic. Fluttershy's would be average or smaller as well, as a filly she was rather slim. Belive it or not, most girls have B-C cups, sorry boys. The notion that anyone except for Pinkie would have large boobs is nonsense. Remember, slim girls don't have the body for anything bigger than C. D cups will also weigh a lot more than a B cup girl. Hourglass figure does not equal super flat tummy/skinny/tiny waist.

Honestly I've been waiting for a girl to post on here to clear some things up. So thanks for the post. (I swear to Celestia I'm not a perv/creeper) My view was just going off what I saw and compared to my school. Lots of girls are athletic, but only a few are considered flat chested. The rest are average.
  • Brohoof 2

Why do you want that extra weight if you wanna be crazy fast enough to go at light-barrier-breaking speeds? Haha It also seems totally inappropriate given her maturity level.

Edited by Pix3M

Well Rainbow is normally understood as a athletic and competitive kind of girl there is an easy connection to a human track and field athlete , as we can see many of this ladies are more on the not so curvy side of a feminine silhouette. I believe that's why.

But guys we are talking about boobs here, lets be stupid and silly

Here is the antinatural case of Simona Halep. GOD WHY WHY WHY!!!!!

Posted ImagePosted Image

Edited by Colt

That was actually a super good way of explaining it! And of course Pinkie would be biggest. Such a chubby little pony ^-^ As for Rarity, well... I always suspected.

This thread appears to be related to the My Little Pony franchise and/or the Bronydom in general. Thus, it has been sentenced to Sugarcube Corner.

This is an automatically generated message, by the way.

That was actually a super good way of explaining it! And of course Pinkie would be biggest. Such a chubby little pony ^-^ As for Rarity, well... I always suspected.

Not that she would admit it ;)

I hoped you guys wouldn't mind a girl's explination.. so I'm glad you found it helpful. Man, this 100 characters thing is killing my answers..

Not that she would admit it ;)

I hoped you guys wouldn't mind a girl's explination.. so I'm glad you found it helpful. Man, this 100 characters thing is killing my answers..

Why, darling, of course not! Rarity is all natural! *shocked gasp*

Well, I'mma a girl too XD I just never really knew why either.... So your explanation helped me understand why I am on the larger side :)