Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your Sleeping Patterns? And Any Methods of Getting to Sleep?

Celestial Sloth

How long/often/when/anything about your snoozing style?

For weekdays, I sleep late and wake up early. Might explain why my eyes are half-closed nearly all of the time. I try to compensate that with near-constant naps after college, but I just end up being startled awake and wondering what year it is or whether daylight savings have took a major turn.

On weekends, however, I gain it all back through 12+ hours of sleep. My laziness always triumphs over any pressing matters that I was supposed to recognise when half the day is gone.

As for ways of getting to sleep, many torturous nights have informed me that Saving Private Ryan's method of keeping your eyes open for as long as possible and just passing out does not, in fact, work. So I just spin and turn into a fajita.

• Brohoof 2

My sleep patterns are highly irregular, but always unhealthy. I can probably count the number of hours I slept last week on my fingers. Come weekend, however, and I sleep like a log.

It's mostly because I procrastinate. Yes, I even procrastinate on sleep.

• Brohoof 2

I usually rely on my alarm clock to wake me up on weekdays, which is a really bad idea xP This morning I forgot to set my alarm clock and it didn't work so I missed school today >.<

On weekends I sleep between 10pm to 12am and wake up at bout 9am to 11am, it's sort of a habit for me going to sleep really late so I can communicate with my friends around the World, that or I really can't sleep x)

My ways into getting to sleep is really just listening to my favorite music, but on a low to medium volume.

My sleep schedule depends on the events of the next day. I like to go to sleep around 1 AM on the weekends and the days I can get away with it. I always ensure I can at least get 7 hours of sleep, so the other days, I go to bed around 11:00.

Getting to sleep is fairly easy and straight forward. I simply hug a plushie, close my eyes, force the brain to cease all thought processes (this step can be sometimes annoyingly difficult) and sleep. I must be facing a wall though, otherwise, I feel uncomfortable and I never get to sleep.

I prefer having a relatively short night's sleep and taking a nap or two during the day. This is for two reasons: I feel more refreshed and less sleepy because I don't stay awake for long periods of time, and because I love being up at night and don't want to snooze the night completely away.

I've actually read scientific studies that promote taking naps; you can get away with less sleep a day in total. The key is taking them regularly.

My method of going to sleep is either turning off the lights and letting my thoughts wander away from daily concerns, or just hiding my face under a pillow without even turning the lights off. The latter works surprisingly well.

I've been screwing with my sleeping patterns for a while so I can have maximum time on the ponynet every night xD

On weekdays, I get up at 6:30 for skewl >.<, take a ~1-2 hour nap in the afternoon or evening, and then I usually go to sleep at 2 AM.

On weekends, I get up at like 10-12, again take a ~1-2 hour nap, and then go to sleep at liek 5 AM.

For falling asleep in the afternoon, I put on some 'white noise' (being long Youtube vids where people just record rainstorms/beach noises/etc for an hour or so) and just try not to think. :3

My sleep pattern is weird. I love being up at night, however, I don't like falling asleep in class.

So, I go to bed at about 5 or 6pm, and wake up at 1 or 2am. That way, I get to enjoy the night-time hours, while not falling asleep in class.

GENIUS!

• Brohoof 1

I'm normally awake around 8:30 pm, spend about a half hour waking up. Shower and out the door around 10 pm, work from 11 pm to 7 am. Then I'm up from anywhere between 10am-2pm, where I fall back asleep and do it over again.

Weekends, I usually have one day devoted to lazy because the other two are for partying.

From Sunday to Thursday I go to sleep at about 23:30 and get up at around 6:30.

From Friday to Saturday I go to sleep at anywhere from 01:00 to 05:00 and wake up at anywhere between 11:00 and 13:00.

I used to go to sleep around 11:00 and wake up at 8:00 but am now going to sleep and waking up earlier to give myself more time during the day and because my shifts at work are getting earlier which is great because I prefer the early shifts. I now go to bed at 10:00 and wake up at 6:00. My average work day before my 11:00 bed time used to be 4am-1pm which I know is probably not everybody's cup of tea here but when I got used to it I loved it. What I hated though was when I worked night crew my average shift was 11:00pm until 7:30 am with only a 1/2 hour lunch instead of a full hour like during the day. To cut back on fatigue I always went to sleep in the afternoon usually around 1:00 or 2:00. My shifts now seems to be a couple of 8am-5pm shifts and a couple of 12pm-6pm shifts which isn't as ideal as the 4am shifts I used to work with but I am not going to be there forever so it works out okay until I can figure out how to move on with my life.

My weekday schedule:

06:00 - Wake up.

07:00 - At school.

14:45 - Home, get on computer, open MLPforums tab

02:00 - Go to sleep.

I get about 4 hours of sleep. I force myself to stay up until I pass out, because if I try to go to sleep on purpose, my brain will start thinking a kilometre per nanosecond. And when that happens, I don't turn quite so happy, because I go to unhappy places.

For a time it was insomnia, sleep would be gradual & at times, it never even happened. Stress would of been a huge factor for me there, but I did notice that music did ease that quite noticeably. Still, I tend to sleep anywhere from 4 to 7 hours, most days...

Thankfully for me i have parents who force me to go to sleep at a the same time everyday 10:00PM (except weekends :D)

So my sleeping pattern is as normal as you can get.

Edited by ~Chaotic Harmony~

I stay up till like 3am every night playing gamess and messing around on the site. I have to tire myself out. Because if I don't I find it extremely difficult to fall asleep.

During the week I get to bed at 10:30 every night and wake up at 6:45. Now, 10:30 is just when I get in bed. It's usually not until about 11-12 that I fall asleep. On the weekends I stay up to 4 at the latest and then sleep until about 2. I'd say that I'm at least about 32 hours behind on sleep at any given time.

I've been adopting healthier sleeping habits lately, largely by trying to get as much of my work done during the daytime as possible. Certainly not easy by any means, and it's still a work in progress, but I like getting into good sleeping habits when I can, since it inevitably has good resonant effects on my work and relaxation habits as well. I've been trying lately to get to bed between 12:00 and 1:00, and no later than between 2:00 and 3:00, since then I can at least guarantee around 5 hours of sleep. But we'll see what happens after this week with Halo 4 and MLP Season 3 coming out!!! All my efforts might go down the toilet after that!!!!!! :lol: Remember everypony, sleep is important for a healthy lifestyle, so get a good night's sleep when you can! :)

So even when you feel like this...

Posted Image

...if it's too late, just hit the hay... figuratively speaking...

Posted Image

...cause eventually, if you stay up too late, you'll end up like this...

Posted Image

...and someday, you might even sleep through a Changeling invasion... http://mlpforums.com/public/style_emoticons/default/dry.png like a certain Princess of the Night...

Posted Image

...so remember, get good sleep everypony so that you don't end up sleeping through a Changeling invasion, but instead get to save all of Equestria!!! And a Royal Wedding to boot! B)

i relly don't have a sleeping patterns at all. becaues i olny sleep 2 times a week so i am up most of the week. working on stuff that i need to get done. i been doing this for years now. but when i do go to bed i drink a lot of coffy and go to bed.

My sleep is messed up, I went to bed at 03:00 and had the get up at 06:00 last night D:

Why is it so hard to fall asleep and wake up? CAN'T IT BE THE OPPOSITE? :<

i don't rely have a sleeping pattern, lately I've been all over the place because of voluntary work, some time i'm working 9-5 sometimes i pull all nighters and sometime i get to have a lay in so i'm pretty much go to the habit of sleeping for just 5 hours and waking up refreshed, but my voluntary work is finished now so i'm pretty much doing nothing so my sleeping patterns are gonna go all over the place.

For whatever reason, I can never get a good night's sleep on Sunday night.

Usually, If I have a lot on my mind, I'll just take some Melatonin. That usually helps me fall asleep.

Sleep pattern.

>Implying a pattern

>Implying Regularity

>Just no.

I have no regular sleep pattern, sometimes I'll go a day or so with no sleep, sometimes I'll go to sleep just a little past midnight.

The earliest I can sleep...About midnight..usually closer to 2AM...occasionally later depending on energy levels.

Interestingly though, If I get woken up, I'm really tired to start, then I get rollin' (eventually) And things move. If I wake up myself though, I feel fine, and I usually naturally wake up just past the time I get woken up at....Confusin'...

All in all, don't sleep, you just have to wake up again, and you'll feel crappier in the morning.

Everyday except Monday and wednesday, I go to bed around 2 or 3 am and wake up the next day at around 10-11. Mon/Wed I go to bed at midnight, wake up around 7, get back from class around 11, and nap for around an hour.

Weekends, I might stay up even later.

If I have vacation I sleep from 2/3am to 12am/1pm/2pm... Of course I can't do that when I have school -.-.. I have the same tendancy to stay awake till very late, but I wake up pretty late too during a school week.. In weekends I just sleep a shittonne