Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

[Rumor] Disney to be Ruler of Equestria?

Strife

Oh please. In my opinion, Disney ruins everything they touch. I can't wait to see what they do wih Star Wars. As for MLP, if Disney gets their grubby little mitts on my precious ponies, and I'm not saying they will, but if they do, I won't be too happy.

Edited by RainbowTheNinja

Here is what I think...... Disney will buy Hasbro ( MLP Transformers etc.) turn mlp into one of two things. 1. A live show were the ponies are humans. 2. They will use their Phineas and Ferb effect as I like to call it, They will make the show have the same punch lines and jokes and turn every single episode into a musical.

Edited by Brohoof117

DISNEY WILL NOT TAKE OVER MY LITTLE PONY!!! I WONT ALLOW IT!! THE ONLY PEOPLE I WANT TO RUN THE OPERATION IS HASBRO!

Besides, if such a deal did go foward, the Brony Communtiy would go INSANE. Disney would soon realize this and quit the deal, hopefully.

Made this pic btw

The rumor has been put to an end. Hasbros negotiations with Disney are a false.

Up on EQD i saw this.

http://www.equestria...ney-rumors.html

Hasbro said they arn't doin' any dealin's with Disney. Can we put this rumor to an end now? Disney aint gonna be rulin' our ponies anytime soon.

Well this is good news, I suppose. Honestly, I don't think it would've affected much either way, but now we at least know that it isn't happening.

Disney buying Hasbro can actually be a good thing. Ignoring the canceling of MotorCity and the existence of the Disney Channel (we can't have everything be pretty), the company has been doing pretty well the past few years. Their handling of Marvel has gone well. Their handling of new animation is doing well too.

And another thing. Before you all start bashing out Disney any further. Remember Rob Renzetti and Lauren Faust both migrated to Disney because they gave them good opportunities in the animation departmnet. And neither seems to be complaining. Lauren seems really happy to be working with them based on her comments during her panel at EQLA.

Also. Have any of you gone inside a Disney Store? The type of merchandise they sell there is a brony's dream for MLP:FiM. Think of the possibility of Disney deciding to expand the MLP brand to cater to the Disney Store crowd. Quality plushies and collector items galore.

I see more pros than cons if this where to ever happen.

Disney buying Hasbro can actually be a good thing. Ignoring the canceling of MotorCity and the existence of the Disney Channel (we can't have everything be pretty), the company has been doing pretty well the past few years. Their handling of Marvel has gone well. Their handling of new animation is doing well too.

And another thing. Before you all start bashing out Disney any further. Remember Rob Renzetti and Lauren Faust both migrated to Disney because they gave them good opportunities in the animation departmnet. And neither seems to be complaining. Lauren seems really happy to be working with them based on her comments during her panel at EQLA.

Also. Have any of you gone inside a Disney Store? The type of merchandise they sell there is a brony's dream for MLP:FiM. Think of the possibility of Disney deciding to expand the MLP brand to cater to the Disney Store crowd. Quality plushies and collector items galore.

I see more pros than cons if this where to ever happen.

Disney is known for cracking down with copyright in ways that Hasbro does not. It's not Disney's handling of the show or the franchise that were/are people's concern, it's the idea of seeing Youtube stripped of episodes (something of which many people in other countries cannot get access to easily without), and this fanbase's endless fan content possibly being crippled by copyright hammers. This fanbase got where it is today largely because Hasbro has been beyond awesome, and is very lenient in copyright enforcement. Sure they do some, but just enough so their brand doesn't get endangered. Disney?

"This video is no longer available due to copyright claim by Disney Channel. Sorry about that :D"

• Brohoof 1

Disney is known for cracking down with copyright in ways that Hasbro does not. It's not Disney's handling of the show or the franchise that were/are people's concern, it's the idea of seeing Youtube stripped of episodes (something of which many people in other countries cannot get access to easily without), and this fanbase's endless fan content possibly being crippled by copyright hammers. This fanbase got where it is today largely because Hasbro has been beyond awesome, and is very lenient in copyright enforcement. Sure they do some, but just enough so their brand doesn't get endangered. Disney?

"This video is no longer available due to copyright claim by Disney Channel. Sorry about that :D"

The Gravity Falls fandom seems to be holding up pretty well despite their show being owned by Disney. The only real problem here is how accessible the Hub is. Disney Channel is far more accessible, eventually even airing their shows in countries like Japan. So that would eventually stop being a real problem. Disney Channel is also known for airing some episodes on their websites, which can give people a chance to give the show a first watch.

As to some of the fandom content. That might be the only real draw back from the deal. And considering how wide spread the fandom content is, where to and with what exactly start would be a tough choice for Disney to make. And I wouldn't be surprised if the fandom somehow finds a way around this or ends up coming to fair terms with Disney. The Brony fandom is quite the unique case, and one with a lot of dough.

The Gravity Falls fandom seems to be holding up pretty well despite their show being owned by Disney. The only real problem here is how accessible the Hub is. Disney Channel is far more accessible, eventually even airing their shows in countries like Japan. So that would eventually stop being a real problem. Disney Channel is also known for airing some episodes on their websites, which can give people a chance to give the show a first watch.

As to some of the fandom content. That might be the only real draw back from the deal. And considering how wide spread the fandom content is, where to and with what exactly start would be a tough choice for Disney to make. And I wouldn't be surprised if the fandom somehow finds a way around this or ends up coming to fair terms with Disney. The Brony fandom is quite the unique case, and one with a lot of dough.

I'd certainly hope they could. I'd rather the fandom have free reign over creativity than to trade any amount of that over for company made merchandise and such. Frankly the fanbase makes it's own great merchandise. Sure some of it is expensive as hell, but there's always plenty of exceptions if you just look around. My adorable Dashie plush that's great and only forty bucks is proof of that <3

In any case, it's over for the moment.

• Brohoof 1

I'd certainly hope they could. I'd rather the fandom have free reign over creativity than to trade any amount of that over for company made merchandise and such. Frankly the fanbase makes it's own great merchandise. Sure some of it is expensive as hell, but there's always plenty of exceptions if you just look around. My adorable Dashie plush that's great and only forty bucks is proof of that <3

In any case, it's over for the moment.

This fandom never ceases to amaze me. From the conventions, to the fan created merchandise, to the relationship we have with the show staff. It's good and friendly nature has really gotten it far. I wouldn't doubt it'd bring out some positive attention from the mouse house if they got a hold of Hasbro.

True. We'll see what time tells. :)

Oh god. This could be GREAT or *quote that black store owner from The Breaks* BULLSHIT.

I'm thinking, since S3 is only 13 eps long, will Hasbro kill off the show after then? :blink:

If that is the case, I welcome Disney to buy out Hasbro. NAO!

Edited by StefanSreto

Oh god. This could be GREAT or *quote that black store owner from The Breaks* BULLSHIT.

I'm thinking, since S3 is only 13 eps long, will Hasbro kill off the show after then? :blink:

If that is the case, I welcome Disney to buy out Hasbro. NAO!

Season 4 has already been confirmed for MLP i believe.

also

the Rumors were false now can well stop getting to worked up and paranoid. i still have this flu and i don't think i would have the energy to keep laughing at all this

Season 4 has already been confirmed for MLP i believe.

also

the Rumors were false now can well stop getting to worked up and paranoid. i still have this flu and i don't think i would have the energy to keep laughing at all this

Really? Great! I'd say we can enjoy at leat 26 more eps of the lovely show that is Friendship is Magic. :lol:

Oh god, season 3 is 1 day away. *yay*

Posted Image

Okay guys, let's do some serious picturing. So they have a Cinderella castle in most Disneylands, right? Okay, so picture this. A big Canterlot castle. In Disneyland. With people dressed as ponies, as well as Mickey Mouse and co.

You guys need to think happy! Optimism! *Floats away on a rainbow.*

That'd be pretty nice :) actually forgot about Disneyland :0 so that means I could meet Le Star Wars crew as well :D Woah that's an awesome thought.

Though the MLP bit of Disneyland would be condemned the weird part I feel P:

• Brohoof 1

Over the past week I've heard talks about how Disney may buy Hasbro and how terrible it would be. I am here to say that it may not be so bad and that in fact It can only improve the already fantastic series (as well as give it a new channel). Can anyone enlighten me as to why Disney buying Hasbro is bad?

Yeah, you've joined the conversation a bit late. :P

That aside, I think you'd be right: Disney has done some great stuff over the years. But personally, I'd rather keep it "as is" and leave MLP in the capable hands of Hasbro, since they've done a stellar job so far.

Disney is known for cracking down with copyright in ways that Hasbro does not. It's not Disney's handling of the show or the franchise that were/are people's concern, it's the idea of seeing Youtube stripped of episodes (something of which many people in other countries cannot get access to easily without), and this fanbase's endless fan content possibly being crippled by copyright hammers. This fanbase got where it is today largely because Hasbro has been beyond awesome, and is very lenient in copyright enforcement.

Also, I'm actually going to merge this with Strife's thread about this. Coming in to this discussion late is fine, but we do not need a bunch of threads all about the same thing.

• Brohoof 1

Also, all thoses fan games and skins we know, it could very well be cancelled or removed by ''cease and desist'' and such if MLP was under the rule of Disney.

I'm glad this was just a rumour as I suspected it to be but who knew.

Even if Disney could have made quality movies or episodes about it, they would have been strictly made for it's intended demographic in my opinion. The way there's slight leans to adult humour and such is one of the many reasons I like MLP as it is.

• 2 weeks later...

At one time, Disney did have what's called a build a pony station in their Walt Disney World park in Orlando, Florida.

Posted Image

Although this station has been discontinued :wacko: which is probably for the best since G4 (MLP:FiM) is popular right now and this station contained G3/G3.5 ponies.

I for one welcome our disney overlords.

Nah, I hated disney from square one. Besides movies like finding nemo, etc etc. They are Ok, I was starting to like them, but this is Griffon over the Line. [Lunaverse reference]If this happens, I will never watch another Disney movie as long as I live, including Friday Movie Night Disney movies.

But that means I can't watch Wreck-It-Ralph...oh great. I wanted to watch that again.

• Brohoof 1