Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How do ponies reproduce?

I_wesley125

*****spoiler alert*****

the new episode (baby cakes)

Mr And Ms cake have 2 kids one a pegisus and one a unicorn, they said that there ancesters were diffrent races, so I assume that yes to diffident species can mate but depning on the trates you have is what kind of baby you will have

The the thing that strikes me odd is that they had both a unicorn and a pegasus but Mr cake said that 2 of her ancesters 1 was a pegasus and the other was a unicorn , that would have to mean that Ms. Cake also has the traits for the 2 species other wise it would not be possible, whilst Im not saying earth is dominiet, one of those traits needs to be recesive, but it I think it prooves that 2 diffrent species can mate

now that I think about earth would need to be dominet, because if it was recisive I think then they would have to give birth to a earth pony

my theroy was that it was yes 2 diffrent races could mate and they could have a child, but the traits for diffrent races would be dominite over others

I always thought it as

Earth>Pegasus>Unicorn>and I guess allicorn

and yay I guess I was right on my theroy as well

new episode spoilers, warning

So now we know that the species do interbreed and two ponies of the same type can have offspring of a different kind depending on their ancestry

But were not sure. Mr. Cake was unsure of it himself shown when he said "That makes sense, right?" Anyways, were sure its genetic now.

Hey guys! We should like

Make another really weird topical discussion that goes WAY too much into details so the show will SOMEHOW answer it conveniently in another episode!

I vote for where the hell are Applejack's parents...or is there a thread already for that?

Also Narutardedscum wins for best relevant picture, Dinky Doo is now canon.

But were not sure. Mr. Cake was unsure of it himself shown when he said "That makes sense, right?" Anyways, were sure its genetic now.

I think when he said that he was referring to whether the ancestral relative's place in the family made sense.

new episode spoilers, warning

So now we know that the species do interbreed and two ponies of the same type can have offspring of a different kind depending on their ancestry

OR that Mrs Cake cheated on him with a unicorn and a pegasus

A very simplified version I made, you can infer the rest.

- - - - - - U - - - - - - P

U - - - - UU - - - - - UP

P - - - - UP - - - - - PP

- - - - - - U - - - - - - U

U - - - - UU - - - - - UU

P - - - - UP - - - - - UP

- - - - - - P - - - - - - P

U - - - - UP - - - - - UP

P - - - - PP - - - - - PP

UU = Unicorn, PP = Pegasus, and UP = Earth pony

Now the complicated version:

Hang on! I got an easier chart for this!

Guys, let's keep Mendel and his genetics where they belong, in biology class :(

*dumps Aspirin in mouth to alleviate headache*

Edited by Aureity
  • Brohoof 1

Guys, let's keep Mendeleev and his genetics where they belong, in biology class :(

*dumps Aspirin in mouth to alleviate headache*

I think you mean Gregor Mendel. Mendelev was the guy who founded the Periodic Table of Elements. But okay XD I'm sorry, I only found that picture just now and needed to show you all.

I don't think you want to know the answer to that question.

They are still mammals, and they reproduce like all other mammals.

Hey Finest, if you're going to dominate the forums, at least take the time to read the topics :P

Hey Finest, if you're going to dominate the forums, at least take the time to read the topics :P

I did read the topic.

And I said he did not want to know the answer to the topic for the reasons of if a male earth pony and female earth pony have intercourse, they have the chance of an off breed baby.

Just like if two dark haird people have a baby, the baby can be a red head.

I did read the topic.

And I said he did not want to know the answer to the topic for the reasons of if a male earth pony and female earth pony have intercourse, they have the chance of an off breed baby.

Just like if two dark haird people have a baby, the baby can be a red head.

My bad, second time I've messed up in the span of half an hour >_>

Perhaps I should call in sick tomorrow.

I think that unicorn (U) and Pegasus (P) are both recessive genes, and earth pony (E) are dominant.

UU - Unicorn

PP - Pegasus

UP/PU/ EE - Earth pony

If Mr and Mrs Cupcake are both UPs or PUs it would explain how they managed to have a Pegasus and a unicorn child.

By the way, I haven't done Biology since June last year, and it was my worst science, so I don't know if my theory is actually possible or not.

• Brohoof 1

I think that unicorn (U) and Pegasus (P) are both recessive genes, and earth pony (E) are dominant.

UU - Unicorn

PP - Pegasus

UP/PU/ EE - Earth pony

If Mr and Mrs Cupcake are both UPs or PUs it would explain how they managed to have a Pegasus and a unicorn child.

By the way, I haven't done Biology since June last year, and it was my worst science, so I don't know if my theory is actually possible or not.

That seems pretty clear cut to me! And as someone finished Higher Biology with A-level credit I can say you're safely sound.

• 5 years later...