Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv What do you miss?

yuffie4ever

Today it was announced that cortandfatboy, a podcast I have listened to for almost a decade, is ending. It has been a part of my daily life since then and I will miss it.

So I though, what do you all miss? What things have had a big impact on your life and devastated you when they ended?

It can be anything, movie series, bands, book series, tv shows, podcasts, or any other thing you can think of.

• Brohoof 1

I miss the old Cartoon Network shows that I used to watch when I was a kid, like Ed,Edd and Eddy, Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends and Powerpuff girls xP

I use to watch them all the time after and before school, now that they don't show anymore CN is just full of crap cartoons :/

• Brohoof 8

Dragon Ball Z was a large part of my childhood, though it had already ended its original production by the time I got into it. I know they did the series to death more or less, but still. New eps' would be cool, especially if they were set somewhere in the middle of the series' run.

• Brohoof 1

Star Trek. There are still reruns being aired from every series, but there was an ongoing Star Trek TV series every year from 1987 to 2005. Most people didn't care for Enterprise and I agree that it was the weakest of them, all but it holds a special place in my heart, kind of like Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home does despite being so corny. Since the cancellation of Enterprise there hasn't been anything new. It's sad, really. Star Trek always challenged me to think and in its own way it was trying to push the world in the direction that Friendship is Magic is currently doing. I guess that could be a factor as to why I'm such a huge fan of MLP and why there are so many people who count themselves among both fanbases.

The Companions of the Hall adventuring together.

Second edition D&D rules.

as the primary vehicle for driving the plot of RPGs.

Toonami in prime time needs to happen again.

Edited by Artemis
  • Brohoof 1

There's a huge list of old cartoons:

>Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends

>Megas XLR

>Angry Beavers

>Teen Titans

>Code Lyoko...

There's a lot more to list (but it's about 3 AM and I need sleep).

Currently I'm missing my girlfriend while I'm in college, but I'll know I get to see her again soon.

...Y'know, I'm seeing a lot of old TV in here...

• Brohoof 3

Harry Potter

Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers

Duck Tales

Kim Possible

Recess

Even Stevens

Johnny Bravo

Invader Zim

Cheers

Animaniacs

CatDog

Xiaolin Showdown

Doug

Little House on the Prairie

Rocko's Modern Life

and The Angry Beavers, just to name a few

• Brohoof 1

Freakazoid!

that is the only thing I truly miss it was canceled way to early (and was ahead of its time) and while there are other shows out there that I would likely miss, but I can and have revisited shows like Animaniacs, Invader Zim, Xiaolin showdown, ect. and have had my fill, with Freakazoid i always want more even when i watch all the episodes.

• Brohoof 1

I honestly miss Winnie the Pooh. It was about like mlp in how it was a very light hearted show. I loved it so much when I was little and i think a lot of kids could learn from it.

• Brohoof 2

So... much TV shows I miss. Especially Rugrats, Doug, Hey Arnold...basically the old Nickelodeon. Thank God for the 90's Are All That, but it's not enough for me to relive my 90's kid in me.

Sailor Moon would be another show I miss...badly.

Edited by Snapdragon

I miss Sheep in the Big City as it is just incredible looking back at it now. I particularly like the "We used the plot device!" joke. It's too bad so much of this awesome humour flew over my head because I was young and it only had 2 seasons. Apparently the first season was taken off of Itunes and only 3 episodes of it were released on DVD in the UK.

Edited by Celtore

I miss Yu-Gi-Oh the original series. When the second series/season came out, I was a little upset with how it was in comparison to the first one.

Then 5-D's happened.

I lost faith in the show's future after that.

Honestly, Yu-Gi-Oh was great in the old days with Yu-Gi and Pharaoh. I loved the storyline, characters, and the background! I thought the Egyptian background was amazing! Then crap happened and it fell apart much to my disappointment.

• Brohoof 1

I miss the old Cartoon Network shows that I used to watch when I was a kid, like Ed,Edd and Eddy, Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends and Powerpuff girls xP

I use to watch them all the time after and before school, now that they don't show anymore CN is just full of crap cartoons :/

I miss Ed, Edd, n Eddy from when I was a kid. I remember watching every new episode when they came out (or at least close, depending on my schedule. I was busy often), and then seeing the full movie and thinking, "Well, that's it I guess". Seriously though, the movie was awesome, the perfect way to end the series.

In the book department, I remember I was really sad when the "Fablehaven" series ended, it was the book series I had read throughout Jr. High, and I was sad that it was coming to an end. I have to hand it to Brandon Mull, he wrote some great books.

Harry Potter by far was the most trouble I've had accepting that it came to an end. I remember putting down the last book and realizing how far the series had come and being amazed by that, but I was also upset to realize that no longer could I attended midnight release parties and lock myself in my room for days reading the story of the boy wizard.

Hehehe, notice that all of those shows had members of the MLP staff working on them XD

But you're right, I miss most of the old channels/shows that people have mentioned here. Today's cartoons are just so...different, and not in a great way.

I used to say I missed decent cartoons on TV. Don't have to say that anymore. :)

So what else is there? I miss...

*sitcoms like Frazier that gave the viewer credit for some functioning brain cells.

*the days when everybody knew "reality TV" was an oxymoron.

*having a balanced budget under Clinton.

*looking out the window on a winter morning and actually seeing snow.

*when I could write just for the sake of writing, without being a perfectionist and obsessing over whether it was "good" or not.

• Brohoof 1

I remember having a hissy fit when I was little and they stopped airing Animaniacs. Even recently, I watched some episodes on Youtube and I still love it far too much. It's smart, witty and they use the perfect amount of adult and pop culture humor that it feels more natural rather than tacked on to entertain parents. Not only that, but it's somewhat educational. Why can't cartoons be like that again? :(

Far too many good cartoons were cancelled.

I'm totally agreeing with the Nostalgia Critic as well. I like the Nostalgic Chick too, but they're so different, and I personally find the Critic funnier, while the Chick is better from a more critical and nit-picky perspective. It's just not the same.

Edited by Rarietty
  • Brohoof 1

I miss Firefly, and you should all miss it, cause it didn't just end prematurely, it had it's head cut off and it's insides gutted.

But in terms of more longlastingness, I miss Stargate, Yes, I even miss Universe. I miss Atlantis, and I miss SG1. But alas, MGM died and along with it any hope to continuation of the series as is. I am not looking forward to any sort of reboot. And with a lack of other media. The entire thing is dead in the water.

Not much else I truly miss. Perhaps the TNG era Star Trek series a little. but not so much.

Oh and Doctor Who, but whenever it is not on I am missing it.

To be honest, I miss Ed, Edd, n Eddy. It was my favorite cartoon back in the day, and when the movie aired, I was starting to refrain from watching cartoons. Sure, there were re-runs of SD: Where are you, as well as Billy and Mandy and stuff like that but from then on, I got into anime. When MLP:FiM came out, it effectively made me come back to American cartoons rather than anime.

• Brohoof 1

I miss tons of the cartoons I watched when I was younger, like Ed Edd n' Eddy, Johnny Bravo, Rocko's Modern Life, so forth. Also, I miss the car company Pontiac. I loved all the cars that Pontiac made, and I was so sad to see them go in 2010. I also miss the Ford Ranger in the US. Ford pulled the plug on the US Ranger in 2011, and I drive a 2000 model. It makes me sad that I won't be seeing any new Rangers.

Tbh i have a long list..

1)Ed,Edd,Eddy

2)Catdog

3)Invader Zim

4)Fosters home for imaginary friends

5)Flapjack

6)Chowder

The list goes on for until maybe 15? xD but yea i miss alot of the old cartoons.. the cartoons that are being shown now, are the fact that alot of them are crap.. such as Ninjago, or adventure time.. only show i like on CN is Regular Show(It's alright, but funny at some points)

Cartoons now just keep getting gayer and gayer.. that's the world we live in unfortunately.

Edited by FIuttershy

I miss a lot of video games from my youth. Even as a kid, I was a perfectionist, and if I couldn't complete the level or game without losing a life or taking damage or running out of ammo or stamina, then I would turn off the game and try again another day. Heck, I remember in Pokemon Ruby having a level 80+ Swampert leading my team into the fifth gym accompanied by level 10/20 random Pokemon. And if Swampert ever took too much damage, I would restart the battle.

Anyway, as a result of my perfectionism, I never completed most any game from my growing up. And now, looking back, I realize I can solve all the problems and figure out the patterns in the boss battle.

But television-wise, I miss Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network and all the cartoon channels. I moved to the country seven years ago, and since then we have had approximately six working channels that aren't in Spanish.

When Rareware got bought by Microsoft I think that's when my childhood fell into the toilet. Not only did they castrate Banjo-Kazooie by making Nuts and Bolts which didn't even retain the same great gameplay and character drive, but they never released any Conker sequel and cancelled the highly anticipated Donkey Kong Racing and a DK64 sequel. They were one of my most favorite video game developers but because of lust and greed, they partnered up with the death machine.