Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Worried Sick

sampsoninc916

This is a fanfic featuring my OC character, Emerald Wishes, who is basically me as a pony. Enjoy reading.

Author’s note: As short as this fanfic is, I plan to have further adventures with my OC pony, Emerald Wishes.

Worried Sick:

My name is Emerald Wishes. I’m a unicorn that happens to be one of Princess Celestia’s many students. I have a forest green mane and a bright green coat, hence my name Emerald. My cutie mark consists of an open book, detailing my special talent, storytelling. Well, of course, to do that, I have to be really smart and really magic savvy just to do something like that. I also seemed to have a teen foalhood crush on Celestia’s faithful student, Twilight Sparkle. Now I’m a grown stallion, simply using magic and some of the technology created by Canterlot’s top scientists to do what I want to do, create multimedia. Where do I live? In Ponyville, where Twilight Sparkle lives! I always seem to be worried about anything bad that happens or might happen in Equestria, and I often feel worried about my teacher, Princess Celestia as well. After all, she, along with her recently revitalized sister Luna, are the rulers of Equestria and I truly want safety in their domain, but secretly, sometimes I would like battle or war to happen. Yet something has truly been bugging me and worrying me for the past several months. Canterlot suffered a bit from an invasion of a race of creatures known as Changelings, which they didn’t expect because their queen successfully impersonated the bride to Shining Armor, the captain of the royal guard in charge of keeping Canterlot safe. My friend Twilight Sparkle was part of the whole chabang, and she told me she had to go through a great ordeal just to save Canterlot. First off, Shining Armor was her brother, and she told me that she could have just calmly told everypony about her suspicions, but instead acted the wrong way and went berserk over them. Her brother, her friends, and Celestia weren’t too pleased about this, so they left her to think about her wrongdoings. Well, she told me, she was only half right. Princess Cadence was evil, but it wasn’t Cadence, but just Queen Chrysalis in disguise. So much stress ensued for her as 1) Princess Celestia bravely stepped forward to protect her kingdom from Chrysalis, only to get overpowered because Shining Armor’s love was so strong. 2) So many Changelings came down and outnumbered her friends, preventing them from getting the Elements of Harmony, and 3) She thought Canterlot was lost to the Changelings, yet a strong force of love from Shining Armor and Cadence was able to knock them out of Canterlot. I kept on feeling so sorry for everyone involved, and so nervous about any possible future events, however bad they may be, and I even told about my problem to my friend Lyra Heartstrings, who compared the Changeling invasion to something that “humans” had that she called “9/11”. I never believed about that human stuff. But I felt so sorry for the one mare that I truly loved that I had to do something about it. Talk with her (and my) teacher, Princess Celestia. I’ve learned teleportation from Twilight, but teleporting straight to wherever Celestia was would be intrusion. I had to know where she was. I had to go to Canterlot to settle this, maybe talk with Celestia about my feelings for her most faithful student. As soon as I got the chance, I boarded the train to Canterlot, which of course is a 2 hour ride from Ponyville by train. Whilst riding, I begun to worry even further. Would there be an uprising against Celestia just because she didn’t go the extra mile to secure Canterlot from the Changelings and failing to protect Canterlot from them by herself? Would Celestia retire, step down from power, hand it over to Luna or even Cadence? Did she hate her most faithful student? Did she loose intelligence on not thinking that Cadence was an imposter? Was she the world’s weakest alicorn, capable of dying just by getting hit by a magical blast? As these thoughts circulated through my head, I had a bit of trouble knowing that I was already at the train station, and the image of the ponies bustling about on the station snapped me out of my thoughts, as I immediate got off the train, and made my way towards Canterlot castle. There, some guards greeted me as I presented my Celestia’s student ID, with one of them accepting my request to lead me to Celestia. The castle seemed well lit during night, and I admired it’s beauty as I walked through the gargantuan halls that had an architecture evocative of an era of pony history long past. Soon, the guard and I reached Celestia’s throne room, might as well be an office, since she doubled as a teacher to me. Once he opened the door, he left me on my own to chat with Celestia. There was my teacher, right in front of me. Her rainbow hued mane consistent flowed even as she stood still. The magnificence of her beauty seemed like a dream to me, but yet still made her a bit fearful of the mighty power she possessed as alicorn ruler of Equestria.

“Good evening, Emerald Wishes,” she greeted.

“I wonder how you even remember me,” I responded.

“I remember all my faithful students, Emerald. What brings you here?” she asked.

“It’s Twilight Sparkle. I’m worried sick about your most faithful student. I’m also worried sick about you. Twilight Sparkle had a stressful time at her brother’s wedding, and you died from the Queen Changeling’s attack and came back from the dead imprisoned in a cocoon, ready to die again.”

“I agree with you on the former, but the latter is completely and utterly false,” she remarked.

“Then do you completely hate your faithful student, or her brother hating her, or maybe her friends, because all of you abandoned her forever? How did you survive getting defeated by the Queen Changeling?” I could feel myself getting a little angry. “Why can’t you do anything just to protect our kingdom, and actually win a fight? What if there’s a rebellion because of your lack of security on this country?” I was starting to go into tears. “How about you step down from power and let this Cadence and Twilight’s mangy brother take the throne, just because they beat the Changelings. Can’t you just throw these, what does Twilight call them, “Elements of Harmony”, into the trash, just because they couldn’t beat the Changelings. One day your subjects are going to go, “Down with Celestia and Luna! Down with the royal sisters! We should let Cadence and Shining Armor rule us, heck why not we rule ourselves?!” What going to happen to you and Luna then, huh? Are you going to be working in a landfill somewhere? I’m saying this because I care about you and I truly love Twilight Sparkle!” I sobbed deeply, hay, I was surprised that she didn’t interrupt me or lash against me for getting angry at her, but yet I shouldn’t. Princess Celestia is often slow to anger.

“There, see, I said it. I’m in love with Twilight Sparkle. Just prove me otherwise on what I said, and I’ll tell you why.”

Princess Celestia walked towards me, and then softly embraced me in a deep hug, her mane rubbing against me. In my opinion, an embrace from the Princess is better than other embraces because her coat seemed softer than my mother’s, and while regular mare’s manes have little individual strands that I feel against me, which I believe are due to the effects of a shower, Celestia’s mane felt like soft silk fabric, like the curtains in the living room in my house.

“Emerald, please don’t cry about this. It’s nothing worth crying about. Twilight felt just like this when she told me how stressed she felt about her situations, and I consistently explained her problems and told her how much I love her. Emerald, I never would abandon you, nor would I, her brother, or her friends, abandon Twilight. I’ve seen how dedicated they are to her and I’ve been like a second mother to Twilight. Twilight just made a social mistake, and we just wanted her to learn a lesson, if she has problems, state them calmly one on one to me, not burst in and act so foalish and mean like she did. You don’t die from getting hit by a magical blast. It’s like two stallions, one loses a fight against the other, yet that one manages to get back up and try again, winning that time. I felt pain, yes, but I can’t die too easily. The only reason why the Queen beat me was because of Shining Armor’s love. Otherwise, I would have beat her. Immortal, yes, vulnerable, yes, but unable to give up. Heck, it would take a lot of firepower to kill me, because I’m more powerful than the average unicorn. Me, the Elements of Harmony, and The Power of Love are all going to be options to protect Equestria. If one doesn’t work, another will. Twilight Sparkle was right when she told you that I was imprisoned in a cocoon. I never felt any pain, or any strange feeling among myself inside that cocoon. It was just like being imprisoned in a tied up burlap sack. Emerald, no matter what suffering, pain, or any bad feeling you have just come to me. I’ve always been in favor from my subjects too much to see a rebellion, and I always want to see my subjects in the best condition possible, because when they, including you and Twilight, are happy, then I’m happy,” she said calmly, continuing to embrace me.

I obviously felt better after that because I was listening to the whole thing. There are times when I don’t listen, but it was mandatory for me to listen at this time because it would solve my problem. After she finished speaking Celestia drew from me.

“So tell me, why are you in love with Twilight Sparkle?” she asked.

“It was ever since magic high school. Both of us hardly ever made friends or spoke to anyone, and I seemed to have a deep lasting connection with her and apart from her brother, she often talked to me. She was so talented with magic, like I was, yet she wanted to be talented in all areas, while I only wanted to have talented magic all related to my major of technology. Plus, she managed to be so beautiful and attractive without ever being seductive or tempting. So it was logical that when I found out that she moved to Ponyville, I moved to Ponyville, and with the help of my Dad, funded my own research and development company in the small town. I often go see her in her home at the library, and if anyone is going to take the stress she ends up taking, it’s going to be me. If anyone is going to take an attack directed at you, Your Highness, it’s going to be me. I love her too much for her to suffer some more, and, you know, I’m actually thinking about asking for her hoof in marriage. I don’t know how earth and Pegasus ponies get married.”

“They just simply say ‘I do’ to each other and kiss, and then their commitment lasts.”

“Well,” I said, scratching my mane, “you’re not surprised that I want to marry your faithful student?”

“Course not,” she replied, “My faithful student has always had a fascination for you, Emerald.”

“There’s also another thing,” I stated. Now I was looking at Princess Celestia’s wings. They seemed quite a lovely sight, and the plumage was so unique to her. “I always wondered about the feeling Pegasus ponies get when they both fly and do everything on clouds as if they were solid ground. It must feel amazing to be able to fly very fast and for a long time without wearing out or going slow much like you would if you were running on all four hooves. It must also feel amazing just to have a cloud as a bed or something to calm you down when you are stressed or sad or something. Twilight has a friend named Rainbow Dash, she tells me, who can fly really fast and really doesn’t wear out too much. Oh, and she also enjoys clouds, too. But they have wings, and I’m just a unicorn like Twilight. So… so…” I proudly and nervously said, “I… would like… a p-pair of wings… someday.”

Princess Celestia gazed at me, yet I assume she may have been wondering why I would ask for such a thing from the most powerful pony / alicorn in Equestria.

“I believe I can help you with that,” she said to my surprise.

“Well, I said someday,” I chimed in. “Right now, I’m completely good with the way I am, yet I would still like them. I may have to do something amazing, like save Equestria or something, then I could get a pair of wings from you.”

“I’ll think about it,” she said. She saw me leaving the room. “Well, see ya.”

“See ya, too,” I said back, as I closed the door behind her.

• Brohoof 1