Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Which Episode First Made You Love the Show/Become a Brony?

RarityBestPony

How many episodes did it take you to like the show?  

239 users have voted

1. 1. The amount of episodes you watched before becoming a brony.

• 2 - 3
    • 4 - 6
    • 7 - 10
    • It took me a whole season for me to like it.
    • After finishing episode 1 and 2

I really didn't know why I was watching it until after the sixth episode. Then I be like: Beaver Daaaaaam...

XD I can't describe it, other than to say, it doesn't have anything I don't like in it. So, I guess I loved the show right off the bat.

Edited by Overlord0909
  • Brohoof 1

Sensibly, I started with the two-part pilot. It grabbed my attention enough for me to continue, but I don't think it was until I got to the second season that I realized I was becoming a huge fan.

But it wasn't the show itself that made me love My Little Pony. I had actually gotten a Build-a-Bear Rainbow Dash for my birthday in 2014, and since then, I've been hooked.

For me it happened in the second part of the pilot. Pinkie begins randomly singing and Twilight's reaction to this is "Tell me she's not..."

It's a small moment, but at that point I knew this series was different from its previous incarnations and worth watching.

• Brohoof 1

I sold my soul to FiM when I found out John De Lancie had just played a Q inspired character in the S2 premiere, which had just aired a few weeks prior. At that moment I knew this was going to be my next big obsession. I could never be bothered to watch even my favorite shows more than once, but I think I powered through S1 and everything up until Luna Eclipsed something like 7 times when I first got onboard the ride. 

• Brohoof 1

• 4 years later...

Took me about half a season 1, with the help of YouTubers, the CMC being cute, and Winter Wrap Up song, and I decided I might be a Brony 7 years later and join a forum like this one. But then I just enjoyed the show!

• Brohoof 2

First one I ever watched was... Trade Ya, I think? Or was it Castle Mane-ia? One of those two. I think I watched both. Then I started from the beginning of Season 1 and was a fan by the end of 2-part opener. Don't think I really admitted it to myself for a few more episodes but I was clearly hooked. 

Edited by Prospekt
  • Brohoof 2

I watched some just because they were on when I was quite a bit younger but I can’t remember how many episodes I watched. It was Equestria Girls that got me into the show, so I don’t remember how many episodes I watched. I remember having to catch up on seasons 1-2 though cause I had never watched them until I became a fan.

• Brohoof 1

The show really caught my eyes with the first episode. I remember walking into the scene where Rainbow Dash is telling twilight about the wonderbolts. Seeing those cute pony designs along with the good voicing and vibrant animation really sparked my interest. After watching the whole first two episodes is when I officially became hooked. My favorite pony was Rainbow Dash, mainly because of her fun personality, cool skill set, and that is was a pegasus. Pegasus ponies instantly became my favorite after those episodes.

Another important episode that got me super hooked was Dragonshy. This episode became my favorite (until I watched Sonic Rainboom, that is). It also is the episode which made Fluttershy my favorite character. And guess what, she still is. :squee:

I think Griffon the Brush-off. Because of Pinkie Pie, she was very funny, Fluttershy was extra cute, and Gilda for being the first sentient other mythical creature in the show and she was cool. 

• Brohoof 2

• 11 months later...

I watched all the episodes in order. I think the fourth episode was the point where I kind of figured out that this show hooked me in.

• Brohoof 2

• 3 months later...

The first episode I'Ve ever watched was Filly Vanilli from season four. I fell in love with Fluttershy's character and it made me start to watch the show from the beginning.

Season one started to get really good for me with Briddle Gossip episode. Winter Wrap Up boosted everything up into the sky and it kept on getting better and better. 

When do I noticed that I became a fan? Not Totally sure honestly. But if seasons 1 hadn't done it, Season two with the Return of Harmony and even more with A Canterlot Wedding would have done it to me. And these are just the first two seasons <3

• Brohoof 1

• 4 months later...

I watched the first 3 episodes in a row. I say I became a brony when Pinkie Pie appeared for the first time. The very first second with the book opening was already magical. I just loved all of it, I have never seen such a good show!

• Brohoof 3

"The Ticket Master" was the episode that made me a fan of Friendship is Magic.

I wasn't a big fan of the Friendship is Magic pilot but Amy Keating Rogers adding funny jokes into episode three made me want to keep watching. :pinkie:

• Brohoof 1