Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Which Episode First Made You Love the Show/Become a Brony?

RarityBestPony

How many episodes did it take you to like the show?  

239 users have voted

1. 1. The amount of episodes you watched before becoming a brony.

• 2 - 3
    • 4 - 6
    • 7 - 10
    • It took me a whole season for me to like it.
    • After finishing episode 1 and 2

Hm...well, the only reason I started watching it in the first place was because I saw a picture of Nightmare Moon and went "huh. She looks interesting."

So I watched the first 2 episodes and stopped after that. I told my friend about it and made her watch the first 2, then she proceeding in watching the entire season. ^_^

She made me watch the whole season after, so I guess the first 2 episodes made me a brony. If I didn't show my friend, she wouldn't have shown me the whole season.

We made each other bronies. :lol:

I watched from the beginning (because that's how I roll!), and while the first two parter interested me, it was around the third to fifth episode where I actually started liking the show. But it wasn't like I just watched an episode at random, found some fan-generated content or parody, or anything. I called myself a brony, though it was well after the finale of season 2 before I started participating in the community (posting comments on EQD and joining this forum).

AppleBucking Season was the episode where I started kinda liking it. Then when I saw Winter Wrap Up I was totally in love with the show. At first I didn't really like the idea of Bronies but after joining the forums and getting a little more into the show... I think its Lots and Lots of fun

And Dragon Shy was when I knew Fluttershy was my favorite pony.

And then when I saw The Best Night Ever I started to like AppleJack as well.

Edited by Flame Dancer.

Well, I gotta say, my first episode made me a Bro.

Now, for a while before I'd been creeping closer to watching the actual show. I watched so many flash parodies and spoofs it was unbelievable (Note: Without Sandvich! I would never have discovered this anywhere near the time I did.) Then I steeled myself and thought: "This is it dude, DO IT!" I started Youtube dramatically panning over the page, towards the search box, looked around, sighed, tapped in 'MLP episode 1' returned a fat load of stuff, had no idea what to go for, RANDOM CLICKEH!...Watched some random G2 (I think) thing about ghosts and pillow fights, had a serious nostalgiagasm over the sound quality and animation style, then thought "This ain't right..." Clicky, clicky, search box, "Uh....What's the new thingy.....Uh...FIM! That's it." Search, 'MLP FIM episode zero' ('cos that's what popped up) Watched Lesson Zero. Became a bro. Twilight Sparkle's insanity, Fluttershy's combat prowess, It made me watch all the episodes after and before that...After I came to terms with the fact I'd just watched 'My little pony' and loved it anyway ^-^

^tl;dr edition:

>Lesson Zero,

>First episode I watched, it made me a bro.

>????

>Profit!

Well.. I've had that moment a couple of times. Actually I have had that moment at different intervals. First time was I think somewhere around S1 E5 or something... At first it felt really awkward and uncomfortable.. I've had multiple intervals where I was like "Okay, I'm becoming a brony" or "Ok, maybe I'm a brony now"...

Edited by Kahr Kunne

The first time I officially said to myself "I am a Brony" was probably after watching the Grand Galloping Gala Episode. For a while, I just heard about it on the internet, saw the memes, played the games, read the threads, watched the videos, ect. But I'd never actually watched an official episode of the show and thus, both for realz and in my mind, I was not officially a Brony. So one day I decided that I would give the actual show a chance. I picked a random episode and watched it (That episode being TGGG, as I said above) So... yeah. I actually watched the show out of order, lol

For me it was definitely in stages too - but can I remember "that" moment ;) It was Season 2 Episode 2 "Return of Harmony", after Discord had successfully turned all the ponies against one another - their strengths turned into weaknesses, with Twilight left to try and lead her team to victory.

Finally, they all storm off after a confrontation as she murmurs: "With friends like you ... who needs ... enemies" and with that, a lonely tear crept into my eye as she turned grey also - her love for her friends now shaken to its very core. Without faith in her friends, her strength was now also a weakness, her leadership abilities fading fast, along with the last hope of Equestria as it plunges into the darkness of pure chaos.

Exciting stuff! But mostly, its the well developed characters themselves that got me to that point where I cared and appreciated each of them for who they were.

"Friendship is Magic Part 2" is the episode that hooked me to the show. After seeing part 1, I was like "Well, I want to see how it ends. DO they defeat Nightmare Moon?" After that, I kept watching.

"Boast Busters" was the episode where I went "Uh oh, I think I might like this show."

"Green isn't your Color" was the episode that made me say, "Crap! I like this show! It's awesome! I can't let anybody find out though..."

"Luna Eclipsed" made me cry, and I shouted: "SCREW IT! I'M A BRONY!" That episode is what made me come out of the shadows.

Oddly enough, mine was Winter Wrap. I love musicals, and obviously I was destined to start liking a show when they have a big huge musical number out of nowhere. I didn't even care much about the episode itself, just the song. B) Although I did like the show before that, I think it was right after that episode that I discovered things like Equestria Daily and all of the fanwork, so I went like "Whoa this fanbase is much bigger and much more awesome than I thought" and converted instantly.

But, even during the middle of season 2 I was still not a huge Brony yet. I don't think it was until about Hurricane Fluttershy when the show actually became something that was more than "an ordinary cartoon" to me, if that makes any sense. :huh:

Edited by Rarietty

I knew I was hooked by the end of the first episode.

Most bronies seem to be in agreement that newcomers shouldn't start with the first two episodes, and I agree, but that's where I started. When Spike and Twilight finished their first conversation I had the feeling that all of the characters were going to be quite endearing. Spotting Derpy's... derped face... in the party and Spike wearing the lampshade gave me an idea for what to expect in the humor department throughout the series. The conclusion of episode 2 obviated the moral underpinnings of show. The animation was fantastic and the voice acting was believable even in the beginning; they had their roles down right from the start. After getting through episodes 3 and 4 I concluded that there was nothing about the show I didn't like.

Literally,

like for reals,

I watched the first two episodes and though 'not bad'.

And then kept watching and after the end of the third episode I thought to myself, "damn I like this."

~

• Brohoof 1

The second episode is what literally got me into the series, and made me think "welp, I like this!". It made me want to watch more. Oddly enough, I didn't decide on a favorite character until the 3rd or 4th episode.

The second episode was the episode that I considered myself "officially a brony." I had an epiphany of what I was watching and realized that I liked many of the show's qualities. I really liked the art style and the characters, but it was ultimately the storyline which kept me watching for as long as I did to realize that I liked this.

Edited by Celtore

Now if you were to ask me what would be the episode that had the possibility of terminating my progress towards becoming a brony was the third episode. Because it seemed to be a very generic boring cartoon episode. I already knew the other ponies were going to try and gain Twilight's favor after she told them to get away.

When I watched the first couple of episodes, I quite liked it, but some weird force was compelling me to keep on clicking the link to the next one. It wasn't until Dragonshy and Look Before You Sleep that I realised exactly why I was enjoying the show so much - the humour, the realistic aspects of strained relationships (yet how it still managed to play these lightly), how everything comes together and, of course, the high quality of the animation and script-writing :)

Still, I didn't consider myself a brony until The Best Night Ever, which was brilliant. End of the first season? Perfect time to join everypony else who loves the show.

From episode 1 I knew the show would be good, but the episode wasn't my favorite. It's actually hard to say which episode officially made me a brony because I was kind of a brony before I even watched the show (I'd read my share of FiMfics, seen some fan art, etc.).

I think I was hooked after 3rd or 4th episode...

But, actually, not this episodes made me a brony. When I realized that ponies have such an awesome fanbase and so friendly community, I decided to "join the herd" C:

Well, when I watched the first few episodes, I just sat there with my jaw hanging open, absolutely appalled at the amount of magic and friendship in this silly kid's show.

But something attracted me, and I still can't put my finger on whatever it is- I think it's the plots. And, well, here I am now. xD

Well to be honest. I don't know exactly when I realized I loved the show. I really didn't have hate towards the show, but no high expectations. I watched episode 1. Had to watch 2 because I needed to know what happened. And after that I just loved something about the show so much that I had to keep watching.

I pretty much loved fluttershy since I first saw her :P, and it only got better when she had her own episodes and moments in the rest of the show.

I always these specific kinda things. When I first felt that I really loved this show. I just got hooked to it from the start from what i remember, but who really knows :P.

There never was one for me. I just sort of fell into watching the show regularly.

The episode that really did me in, however, was Sweet and Elite (S2E9). After that point I became obsessed with Rarity and sort of fell out of love with the rest of the characters.

In fact, I hate three of the Mane Six *laughs*

Edited by Dug