Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Which Episode First Made You Love the Show/Become a Brony?

RarityBestPony

How many episodes did it take you to like the show?  

239 users have voted

1. 1. The amount of episodes you watched before becoming a brony.

• 2 - 3
    • 4 - 6
    • 7 - 10
    • It took me a whole season for me to like it.
    • After finishing episode 1 and 2

Sonic Rainboom(Season 1 Episode 16), was the episode, that I finally admitted, I am a brony. Yes, I am very slow. That episode was my absolute favourite of Season one, because it was a Rainbow Dash episode, and it was awesome! The other episode that I would consider, that contributed to my bronyism, would be The Cutie Mark Chronicles(Season 1 Episode 23), these two episodes were awesome! I liked The Cutie Mark Chronicles because of the story connections it made to each of the Mane 6's cutie marks.

I started watching some MLP YTPs and gave the show a shot, watching the first episode. I didn't really get past five minutes before I said that it was ridiculous. I noticed MLP on Comcast's on demand, and I thought I'd give the show another shot, so I picked randomly and ended up watching Fall Weather Friends since I favored AJ and RD in the YTPs. So I guess Fall Weather Friends would be my "that episode".

The first episode.

I was pretty skeptical before I ever watched it, but I'd been seeing some pony conversation on a forum, so I got a bit curious about the show through their discussion of the characters, so I eventually gave it a shot in July 2011.

Fell in love in a matter of minutes. Couldn't stop myself from squeeing all over the place at Fluttershy introduction and knew right then that she was favorite pony. And the rest is history.

And just to say, not counting princesses, Rarity has turned out to be the closest to being my second favorite. Or maybe she's my other favorite (again, not counting princesses). I DON'T KNOW, OKAY?

Honestly, I can't say a single episode drew me in.

One day, a couple years ago, whilst surfing Youtube for some YTP, I noticed that some of the videos contained colorful ponies. Now normally, I'd just ignore them and move on, but...something about them piqued my curiosity.So, I one day decided to watch the first couple episodes. Now, at the time, I had no idea that the show was popular with guys around my age, at least for more reasons than just YTP material. I wasn't wowed by the first couple of episodes, but I was still somewhat impressed that a show I thought was just for little girls could be so well-made. And so, I kept watching...and watching...and watching...

If I did have to pick a single episode though, I may have to say either Boast Busters or Dragonshy, as it was after these two episodes that I began watching several episodes at a time, even neglecting some of my schoolwork. In other words, these episodes are what finally drew me into the show.

I would say I kind of had a head star because I was a big fan of G1 when I was younger. So when I herd that they where going to do a relaunch of the MLP cartoon I went in to watching the first episode hoping it would be good, and it was. By the way I kind of watched G2 and did not even really know about any of G3. I fell in love with MLP:FiM because of its sens of humor, characters and animation. I am a hug fan of Pinkie Pie. Me and my girlfriend watch it ever time its on, I DVR it and she watches it on YouTube. So it was episode one right when Pinkie throws the party at Twilights. It is definitely a show I never miss.

Gotta say Episode 9 Bridle gossip, I found that too funny, especially when Flutterguy first spoke xD and I was a Pinkie Pie fan once I realised there was method behind her madness in that parasprite episode.

Never had a particular episode that made me become and realise i was a brony, it just happend after a couple of episodes, i saw the first three episodes of season 2 at first and i loved it so i imediatly went back and watched all of season 1 over the course of a month (one episode a night every night) then all of season 2 doing the same thing.

I actually take interest in fictional universe TV show/movie/video game canon, and I always prefer to go throug things in chronological order, so I started off with the pilot episode, Friendship is Magic part 1. I was instantly hooked, attracted by the vivid characters, the smooth animation, the acceptable humor...well, pretty much every good thing about the show in general. Plus, the character development was nothing short of fantastic.

Funny thing is, prior to watching it, I felt all nervous and worked up as I really couldn't believe I was about to watch this show for the first time, unaware of how my life was going to change from there on.

I knew Pinkie Pie would be my favorite right off when i found out she was so energetic and off the wall, well, because that how i am :) And thats when the brony feeling kicked in.

Edited by Lord_sm

It only took until "A Friend in Deed" till I was sold :) I can remember listening to Pinkie Pie singing for hours! She has the cutest voice ever and makes people/ponies smile :D

I watched the first episodes, because I saw some "my little pony" cars for DiRT-3. Then I continued watching, enjoying every second of it, not even knowing about Bronies at all. Then I wondered where I could find some more ponies and found Equestria Daily. After some weekso f browsing through it and watching episodes I thought "Hmm...I want to join a forum where I can talk about my little pony", came here and realised just how big the community was.

Need to say, that I still enjoy the show and the fan-pics/comics the most :)

I was watching some Hotdiggitydemon MLP parodies, and I really liked them for some reason. I had heard about bronies and MLP before, but I thought bronies were kinda weird. Being the non-hypocritical person I am, I decided to look up an episode. I was a brony when I saw:

Season 1...

Episode 1...

As soon as Rarity was introduced...

• Brohoof 1

I watched from the first episode (I was baby sitting at the time) I didn't even know what a brony was until the first episode of season 2, when I was "Draconequus" to see what it was and came across a forum (not this one) talking about it and after a bit more googleing i was officially a brony.