Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Kolwynia

Hello, friends.

This is my attempt to tell the story of Princess Celestia, from her humble origins as a unicorn filly all the way to her ultimate destiny. Find out how she became an alicorn, the strange origin of Luna, whatever happened to Starswirl the Bearded, how she became friends with the phoenix Philomena, why she lost her connection to the Elements of Harmony, and much more. It's an adventure story encompassing more than a thousand years. I hope you like it.

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/56543/Celestia-in-Excelsis

In the name of Harmony, against the Arch-Enemy of Friendship, stands the Princess of the Sun.

• Brohoof 4

Thanks! It would be cool to see what your story looks like too. One of the things that is so attractive about Celestia is that there is a thousand years of mystery to her. Since there is so little that we actually know about her in the canon of the show, there is a blank canvas upon which the fans are free to create their own ideas about her. And no two need be quite alike. This particular story will end up going far beyond her early days. (Though at three chapters in she is still a filly...and will be for quite awhile yet.)

Anyway, thanks for the read. Hope you enjoy it! :)

• 1 month later...

Glad you liked it.  And, after a month of writing school papers, I have gotten to update it. :)

Yeah, one of the things I tried to do was make Celestia awesome.  Everyone likes Luna more.  *Sigh*  And you should be wary of Starswirl.  He's bad news.

New chapter added!  Celestia tries to settle into her new role as Princess of the unicorn tribe, and finds a young pony scholar who may have stumbled upon a clue to the lost Elements of Harmony.

• 1 month later...

Updated!  "What is half of always?"  - Celestia   In this chapter: we learn the name of the moon, two young fillies are invited to a celebration, and Luna's origin is finally revealed.

• 4 weeks later...

Oh man, I heard this fic made it to EQD. I have seen it around and I added it to my "Read Later" list, but it pains me to say I didn't get through it before it made it there. I really wanted to say "I was into this before it was mainstream" like a true hipster. Oh well, I'll make some time to catch up with it this weekend. 

I know this is an old thread, but if you don't mind me asking, how long did it take for EQD to read and get back to you about your fic?

• 3 weeks later...

Oh man, I heard this fic made it to EQD. I have seen it around and I added it to my "Read Later" list, but it pains me to say I didn't get through it before it made it there. I really wanted to say "I was into this before it was mainstream" like a true hipster. Oh well, I'll make some time to catch up with it this weekend. 

I know this is an old thread, but if you don't mind me asking, how long did it take for EQD to read and get back to you about your fic?

Sorry I didn't see this reply sooner!  (If you're on FIMfiction, I'm on there a lot more often than I am here.)  It took them a couple of weeks.  Long, nailbitingly stressful weeks in which my heart was in my hand and I was holding it out to them, expecting it to be crushed (I've been rejected twice previously on different stories).  And when they finally replied, I was told by my EQD pre-reader that he couldn't recommend it for posting... (my heart sank when I read those lines) ...but if I cleaned it up grammaticaly as best I could they would!  So yeah, I finally got a story on there!  Yay!  But it took a couple weeks to hear back from them.  (I recently heard from someone who waited almost a month!  They are busy...)