Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming [Gaming] The Team Fortress 2 Thread

Ron Jeremy

Left TF2 downloading overnight and now it's done :lol:

Just gimme a couple hours to play around with it, I need to lose my "halo controls" mentality.

Edited by Aureity

Well i started playing team fortress 2 when i was 9 years old, but i got hacked so i stopped playing for 3 years until it became free to play. I got hacked again and i lost everything, the good thing is that i got my account back and a friend decided to give me this beauty (Not the Soda Popper), i painted it Pink as Hell.

Posted Image

If an engineer looks like he is wanting to place a building (carrying a toolbox), stand clear of him or where he looks like he wants to place it: all players block building placement.

If you want to use a teleporter, there is a priority of who should use it first (unless a player defers to you):

Engineers - They can fix the teleporters, and usually set the exit near their buildings (which might need repairs). Engineers are most important to have on the other end of the teleporter for the management of their equipment.

Medics/Heavies - Medics can heal people. That automatically makes them extremely important to have returned to the front line. Heavies are slow, so this level of priority is to balance that out.

Soliders/Demomen - High damage output and less-than-usual speed means teleporters assist them greatly.

Pyros/Snipers/Spies - Average speed and specializtion makes teleporters a convenience for these classes, not a direct assistance.

Scouts - They have legs, they can walk. They're fast enough that in terms of averaged speed vs. disablilty of waiting, it is better if a Scout ignores the teleporter altogether unless it is level 2 or better.

I might try this one time, I have had it for so long, but I don't get this game at all.

Dude, do so. We need all the people from the forums we can get. <3

Some servers disallow any client mods, I'd recommend trying another server and see if you get the same error.

Just to make sure though, check the character replacements are in:

steamapps\username\team fortress 2\tf\materials\console\characters
and the background replacements are in:

steamapps\username\team fortress 2\tf\materials\console
After that, there shouldn't be a problem.

I checked, and everything's installed right. Yeah, turns out it is joining sv_pure servers that does it. Still, why does that effect menu mods?

I checked, and everything's installed right. Yeah, turns out it is joining sv_pure servers that does it. Still, why does that effect menu mods?

It will disable every texture you've modified until you leave the server. This is stop people using wall hacks.

It will disable every texture you've modified until you leave the server. This is stop people using wall hacks.

Well, the menu doesn't even effect gameplay. And that's the thing. The glitch happens when I am no longer on the server, so it seems even more pointless.

Anyway, hoping tonight we all (or at least some of us) can get together for moar tf2.

Anyway, hoping tonight we all (or at least some of us) can get together for moar tf2.

Is there a certain time that this usually happens, I would love to join in?

Just tried inviting some of you but now my steam is dying. Not sure how many of the invites got sent but go ahead and add me if you didn't get one. Or don't, who am I to tell you what to do? ;)

On a side note, I just smashed my record for points as soldier. I got 35!

Edited by Kyreth

I've been watching it on YouTube, looks like a cool game

It is an absolutely fantastic game, especially when played with good friends. We had a game 2 nights ago, with Me, Nico, Zoop, Flare, Roops and some other Random Internet Dwellers. And it was loads of fun, especially batting Zoop in the face with my Bat. I have this terrible urge to bat anypony who gets within 5 feet of me.

Just wanted to bring up that there are some items I'm looking for, since I like collecting weapons. How much I'm willing to trade for each varies, mostly since I'm out of (and never was in the loop on) the whole "values" stuff, since I think spending more time trading than playing the game itself is silly.

Pomson 6000, Eureka Effect, Third Degree, Phlogistinator, Manmelter, Wrap Assassin, Holiday Punch.

Just wanted to bring up that there are some items I'm looking for, since I like collecting weapons. How much I'm willing to trade for each varies, mostly since I'm out of (and never was in the loop on) the whole "values" stuff, since I think spending more time trading than playing the game itself is silly. Pomson 6000, Eureka Effect, Third Degree, Phlogistinator, Manmelter, Wrap Assassin, Holiday Punch.

not sure when I'll be on nextm but I have a wrap assassin I can trade you for a scrap.