3 users have voted

1. 1. Who is the best cook?

• Twilight Sparkle
    • Applejack
    • Rainbow Dash
    • Rarity
    • Fluttershy
    • Pinkie Pie

Face it it's a girl's TV show and there will be plenty of cooking shown around. Throughout the seasons I found these three amongst the six mane the best cooks. Rarity, Applejack and Pinkie Pie. I've always wondered who was the best cook/baker.

Applejack: Pinkie Pie does say Applejack is a good cook. Applejack was responsible for the banquet for the Canterlot Wedding

Pinkie Pie: She obviously has a very specific explanation on how good a food taste (according to the mmm cake episode), she seems to have the tongue buds for good food and she does work in Sugarcube.

Rarity: I've seen at some point she was responsible for cooking and she did make the s'mores.

So best cooks in order may be....

1. Applejack

2. Pinkie Pie

3. Rarity

In that order. I kind of find it conflicting in Applejack's tomboyish nature to be the best cook but I guess in this case cooking is genderless.

Edited by poniesforfun

Face it it's a girl's TV show and there will be plenty of cooking shown around. Throughout the seasons I found these three amongst the six mane the best cooks. Rarity, Applejack and Pinkie Pie. I've always wondered who was the best cook/baker.

Not nearly as much cooking as there could be. I like that none of the Mane 6 are very domestic.

I'd say Applejack and Pinkie Pie are definitely the best cooks. The worst, Dash and Twilight, probably. ^_^

• Brohoof 2

I'm gonna take Applejack down a rank, mainly because, even though she was tired as hell, no reasonable, or even halfways sane pony would put earthworms in a cupcake. Without that particular incident, AJ would certainly occupy the top slot, having cooked for:

-The Summer Sun Festival

-Putting together a cart of food for Twilight in the Ticketmaster

-Various apple goods at the gala

-Cadence's wedding(or at least Chrysalis's)

and probably more besides that...

Of the remaining 5, pinkie would probably be the next best, although her repertoire seems to be based solely on various 'party foods' like cupcakes.

Next on my list is actually Fluttershy- she cooked Angel Bunny increasingly complex meals. Although that is the only time we notice her cooking skills, it's certainly enough to put her in third place.

Next, I'm going to say Rarity, as she's the only remaining one to have ever been seen cooking anything, even if it's something as trivial as s'mores. From that one, we can glean that Rarity focuses a lot on the presentation of the meal, even for something so trivial.

Finally, we have RD and Twilight tied for last place. We never see them cooking at any time, and from their personalities, It's possible to infer that they either don't care, or they're just too busy to focus on it.

• Brohoof 1

there seem to be alot of people thingking twilight would be the worst, and she wouldbe next to RD.... unless she has a cook book.

other that i would say Rarity or Fluttershy because Rarity would a refined tase for cooking and would work for perfection, she all has a wider ranger (pinkie pie doent cook she bakes, and applejack only cooks fod wih apples in it )

Fluttershy...... well she wil put somehing in front of you, you will eat it and you will like it , or face her wrath

• Brohoof 1

Fluttershy yeah I just realized she did cook the salad, but I also remember Angel was cooking a salad for Twilight Sparkle on Ticketmaster :huh: . And I can see Twilight Sparkle following a cookbook step by step. :lol:

I can imagine Rainbow Dash always ordering out probably knows the delivery pegasus by name. Rarity would have a high class taste yeah. And there is of course Applejack knowing how to make that apple cider that all ponies line up for.

The

Not nearly as much cooking as there could be. I like that none of the Mane 6 are very domestic.

I'd say Applejack and Pinkie Pie are definitely the best cooks. The worst, Dash and Twilight, probably. ^_^

Absolutely! In terms of sheer volume. I would say Applejack. In terms of originality and versatility, I would say Pinkie Pie.

The best cooks out of the Mane Six, in order, are: Pinkie Pie, Pinkie Pie, Pinkie Pie, Pinkie Pie, Pinkie Pie, and Pinkie Pie. My assessment is not biased in any way whatsoever.

Applejack is the best cook--I would say that even if she wasn't my favorite pony, as she clearly knows how to cheer up ponies with simple fritters. Canterlot Wedding and Crystal Empire proves that.

Pinkie, on the other hand--she seems to like burning food :P

To people who say "AJ is worst cook because she added wheatworms" and even a half sane pony would notice that, Pinkie didn't exactly notice that AJ added the wrong ingredients, either.

• Brohoof 1

Applejack is the top cook, she was picked to cook in the Royal Wedding for a reason x) But she's only good at cooking when it comes to apples, I don't think I've seen her make anything that doesn't have apple in it, plus her family all make apple-related foods so it runs in the family to be a good cook.

Pinkie Pie works at Sugarcube Corner, so that counts as something right? She tried to teach Applebloom to bake cupcakes by singing a song (and failed) but she still knew what the ingredients were and how to make it, she's probably not as good as AJ, but she can at least cook sweets x)

Fluttershy made a gourmet salad for Angel, she read the book and made it exactly how it looked like (excluding the cherry), she could probably cook a few things herself if she wasn't too busy with her animal friends.

Pinkie and Applejack seem to tie. Both can do it, but we can't really compare with what we have.

This darn post limit. Guess I'll talk what's on my mind further.

Well, Fluttershy has cooked, but not nearly as much as the other two. Rarity may know how to cook a breakfast at least.

Rainbow Dash would get bored of cooking.

We are not sure about Twilight, though. She reads books, and perhaps recipes. But can she actually follow it correctly?

Surprised there aren't more people saying Rarity. Sophisticated as she is, I mean she is the one who went overboard in making a single smore 'perfect' in the sleepover episode. In terms of quality, like good food you'd find at a semi classy to classy restaurant I'd say Rarity. Applejack is probably a good cook, and deals with larger amounts of food that are of decent quality but not high, the opposite of Rarity naturally. Pinkie bakes, not cooks, so I can't really say what she'd be good at with actual non-sweets.

Also, not one of the Mane Six, but Spike is probably a pretty good cook. He seems to make a ton of food for Twilight, being her assistant.

Dashie's probably clueless on cooking, like others have said.arity.

Applejack is probably a good cook, and deals with larger amounts of food that are of decent quality but not high, the opposite of Rarity naturally. Pinkie bakes, not cooks, so I can't really say what she'd be good at with actual non-sweets.

I was also going to point out that baking and cooking are pretty different. But I can't actually think of a good example where AJ cooks, she seems to bake mostly, just restricts herself to apple based recipes.

In that same vain though I think it would be interesting to see twilight try her hoof at cooking. I think she could bake something pretty well on her first try, the texture might not come out perfectly but the taste wouldn't be wildly off. Cooking however, is much less reliant on measuring and more about tasting and guessing

That's true, but just based on personal experience, I find cooking and baking to use different skill sets despite their similarities. For the sake of the question I found it helped to think of it that way. It seems everyone is pretty clear that AJ, Pinkie, and Rarity are the frontrunners.

I gotta go with Applejack on this one. Sure, Pinkie Pie seems to be a pretty decent baker, but Applejack has been shown to be able to cook a wide variety of different types of food, especially any dishes whose main ingredient is apples. It's such a major part of her business, that she can't help but be good at cooking, it's part of what she does for a living. I mean, as so many other ponies have said on this thread, there is a big reason she was selected out of the Mane 6 to cater for the Royal Wedding. Heck, half the time her dishes make me hungry!!! So, in conclusion, Applejack is best cook! :D

Posted Image

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh... that looks good! Buck, now I'm hungry. http://mlpforums.com/public/style_emoticons/default/dry.png

Edited by Batbrony
  • Brohoof 1