Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Favorite Voice Actor

CastletonSnob

In terms of voice/ talent, my favorite English voice actor is Jerry Jewell, mostly for his awesome work as Akito Hayama in Kodocha. My second choice would be Laura Bailey.

In terms of personality, I would say Vic Mignogna is the best though.

For MLP in general, I'd say Tabitha St. Germain. She voices so many characters so adeptly.

But in the overall world, no idea. There's so many talented people.

My favourite voice actor is Charles Martinet, the voice behind many of the characters in the Mario universe. This guy's personality is just awesome and I don't think Nintendo could have found a better guy.

For MLP, it's got to be Ashleigh Ball.

But for anime, my two favourite female voice actress' have to be Maaya Sakamoto who voices Haruhi in Ouran High School Host Club and Veronica Taylor who voiced Ash Ketchum for the first eight seasons of pokemon.

In depends on if you're judging versatility/body of work versus actual personality. Frank Welker is my vote for the previous, and Tara Strong for the latter. I hope you get the chance to meet her, she is very sweet!

^ This.

John DiMaggio. That man has voice too many characters that I ended up giving a damn about than I can count. Most notably among them is Marcus Fenix.

He's also Bender!

I was disappointed that Marcus never says "bite my shiny metal ass" in Gears 3 when you curb stomp in a mech. That would have been the greatest.

For My Little Pony, definitely Tabitha St. Germain. Frank Welker has been a great voice actor for Scooby Doo. Jason Liebrecht has been great with anime roles. Honestly, two of my favorite VA's has got be either Dave Fennoy or Melissa Hutchinson after their roles in The Walking Dead game.

I was disappointed that Marcus never says "bite my shiny metal ass" in Gears 3

Yea, but when he jumps in the Silverback he does say "Aw, this is gonna be fun!" which is three tiny words away from Bender's "This is gonna be fun on the bun!" haha

We're not forgetting Steve Blum are we? Man, it's like him and Tara Strong have been on most cartoon I've watched. That's actually freaking cool.

Edited by SrFrog

• 9 months later...

Just recently, I found that the greatest anime character of all time, Kobato, shares the voice actor for amazing characters from some other amazing anime. This gave my the idea for this topic.

Are there any voice actors for anything that you love and could easily recognize?

Applies to gaming, anime, movies, TV shows, and anything else like that.

Personally, I could almost recognize Rie Kugimiya's voice now.

(wonder how many people are gonna mention Tara Strong...)

Edited by Kobato
  • Brohoof 1

Edwyn Tiong (aka Dan McNeely)

Edwyn Tiong

Edwyn Tiong

Edwyn Tiong

Paul Eiding

Edwyn Tiong

Edwyn Tiong

Whoever did Lelouch vi Britannia's voice

Edwyn Tiong

Tim Curry

• Brohoof 1

Andrea Libman, just because she voiced Pinkie Pie :)

But aside from Andrea, I'd go with Dameon Clarke. I've actually only heard him in a few roles, most notably Scar from the English dub of Fullmetal Alchemist and Handsome Jack from Borderlands 2, but he's incredibly good with every character he voices. The talent is obvious with Dameon Clarke. No other voice actor can capture the solidity of a character with a past as tragic as Scars, or have the perfect level of quivering rage that Handsome Jack has at multiple points. Bloke's unreal.

• Brohoof 1

Tara Strong, Michelle Creber, Mark Hamill, Kevin Conroy, Roger Craig Smith, Troy Baker, Ashleigh Ball, Andrea Libman, and other great voice actors. Other than these voice actors, there are many talented voice actors out there.

My two favorite voice actors are Troy Baker and Nolan North. Troy Baker knows how to bring his roles to life on an emotional level that's considerably rare, and with his recent work in Bioshock Infinite and The Last of Us, he's only getting better. Nolan North is a great voice actor because of his range; he's been in practically everything! It's hard not to acknowledge his talent after realizing how diverse his roles have been, from Raphael in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Chris Redfield in Resident Evil, to Deadpool in most recent Marvel games and Nathan Drake in the Uncharted series. 

• Brohoof 1

Billy West, John Dimaggio, Andrea Libman, Grey Delisle, Lee Tockar, Harry Shearer, Tabitha St. Germain, Alex Hirsch, Dee Bradley Baker.
But my absolute favourite is Trey Parker.. I don't know why, his voice just sounds hilarious to me, and no-one can replicate it :P

• Brohoof 1

Frank Welker.

Many voice actors owe something to him, and he's been in a gazillion things. He's been working since roughly the mid-60s and has done so much that virtually everyone on the planet has heard something he's voiced.

(And yes, he's already done MLP: FiM. He did the screeching noises of the Changelings.)

• Brohoof 2

The MLP cast, duh.

Other than those amazing people, I really like Ryan Drummond's voice work of Sonic. John St. John is awesome too. mlp-tsmile.png

Well,my absolute favorite is Neil Patrick Harris!!

If Neil Patrick Harris voices a character,you can count on it being awesome!

(Example:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHY9USNC_Fk)

Also,count on a song,or two!

Nolan North

Best German accent!

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dtpd9c840BM)

John De Lancie

Discord and Q

Discord_S02E02.png

Star-Trek-Spock-vs-Q-282885.jpg

And 

Maurice LaMarche 

Edited by Sir Lancelot

Of couse I m gonna say Tara Strong haha well its because I met her in person first but other than that top ones love Ashleigh Ball voice of rainbow dash and Apple Jack! Mark Hamill voice of Joker with Batman animated series or video games. Brian Drummond voice of Vegeta also Masako Nozawa the Japanese voice actor of Goku grew up with watching DBZ in Japanese cause I lived in japan. AND Jaleel White voice actor Sonic the cartoon cause he's way past cool

• Brohoof 1