1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was ok.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

1outof5... Which is really really sad. Because there is a lot I like about this episode...
And by a lot I mean. Pinkie... I Like Pinkie in this episode.. Which is also funny. Because I don't like Pinkie...

Well I don't normally like her, I don't dislike her much...

_
But this is like MMD, It seams like a bad fanfic.

There are so many problems with the story, and while a few of them can be explained. They require to you actually TRY to explain them.

_
SOOOOOO....

#1: WHY CAN THIS DEMON BABY PEGASUS FLY?!?!? - look we can see that this is not normal. They try to say that its normal for small babies to fly.. but that makes no sense what so ever. I would be fine if they openly admitted it was strange... I actually argue that twilight is like a 'weird' radiation machine anyways.

#2: WHY CAN THIS DEMON BABY UNICORN LEVITATE/DO MAGIC?!?!?! - Ok I can actually except that there is a good argument for levitation of the baby... Because let's say that the average unicorn can levitate a few pounds... well the baby only weights a few pounds.. It would be like saying a Hobbit can only bench press 60lbs. (Compared to a normal human males 140lbs) Well ya... but That's about a human's body weight. That''s TWICE a hobbits. But still... Why can the baby unicorn do that in the first place? We have established that Sweetybell has trouble doing stuff with her horn...

#:3: WHY ARE THE DEMON BABIES UNNATURALLY SMART?!?!? - I mean seriously. These two are clearly as smart as the CMC's They just can't talk... They can clearly understand speech. They can emote. They can more or less do everything that a mute could do... And its a pretty big issue. I'm will to except that ponies get there stuff together quicker then we normally would think of. (That's pretty accurate from a house standpoint) But still....

_

A real shame.. Because I actually do think they are really cute.

I really do like Pinkie in this episode. But I like pinkie with the writers kind of... well pull her stupidness back and just go with oddball.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I think selling toys of babies to little girls sends a certain message about what parenthood is like, and the My Little Pony brand is hardly above such toys, so I always really enjoy how consistently the show has presented parenthood as stressful and exhausting. Here, Pinkie's relative immaturity works wonders for making that lesson relatable, and even though it was mostly a joke, I found her desire to prove she could be responsible genuinely sympathetic. Most of my enjoyment here comes from the terrific slapstick, but I like that Pinkie is clearly making some kind of effort, with the only problem being that she doesn't really know what she's doing. The spooky night scene, in particular, is really cleverly tied to the height of Pinkie's anxiety, with how she's completely lost control of the kids and all.

Those babies are scary, though. I don't like that they can already do this much flying and magic, because I don't trust them to use it responsibly. I like that it's in the show, because it's funny, but ye gods, that's some spooky stuff. I don't know how anyone could handle these freaky kids. Still, this does allow for a lot of the episode's best gags, and even though much of it is just straightforward baby shenanigans, there's a lot of creativity in individual scenes. More seriously, I suppose the moral could have been better reflected in Pinkie's arc, as she seems to take the situation seriously the second she's called upon to babysit. But I like that this show is trying to teach realistic expectations, so that's not such a big problem. Good stuff all around.

Score:

Entertainment: 9/10

Characters: 8/10

Themes: 9/10

Story: 8/10

Overall: 85/100

Edited by AlexanderThrond

• 4 months later...

I like that the other ponies didn’t try to come up with some lie about why they couldn’t babysit. They basically just had other plans/didn’t want to.

Why didn’t the Cakes ask Pinkie to help them deliver cakes so one of them could stay home. They obviously didn’t trust her with the kids, and I don’t blame them. Pinkie is unpredictable.

Pinkie “learned” about being responsible, but like others say, those kids were too overpowered, or rather, too much control over there abilities. Pound Cake (if they wanted her to fly), should have been crashing into everything. If they don’t want to show a crashing maybe, just have him fly randomly around the house. Pumpkin Cake should have just been doing random stuff, and perhaps accidentally scaring herself and Pound. Also, that house was not foal proof.

The twins cheering up Pinkie was cute. Children, especially including young children, can be surprisingly sweet when you are upset.

I wonder how fast ponies age though, since they’re first word was at a month old. What if Granny Smith is just 30 years old? :blink:

• 1 month later...

This was not a very good episode. The first act was mildly amusing and the ending was sweet, but the middle was really boring with just a lot of Pinkie not being funny.

Also Twilight was shoved into the episode for no reason. Wasn't "Lesson Zero" supposed to stop stuff like this from happening, or was this episode produced during season 1? 

Score: 4/10

I would give it an 8/10. I never would have expected Pinkie Pie to be good with babies like me.

Edited by Cute Little Baby Dashie

• 5 months later...

This episode is REALLY boring. I don't quite find it annoying, but nothing interesting happens here. The first act is fine, if not that interesting, but the rest of the episode is some of the most boring stuff so far. At least the ending is cute. 

Score: 3/10

• 6 months later...
(edited)

This episode is fine. It can get boring and I don't know why we needed to see the Cakes ask so many ponies if they can babysit, but some good humor, a a neat horror segment, and a sweet ending keep it from being as bad as it could've been. And even when the episode is boring, it's not that boring.

Score: 6/10

Edited by bigbertha

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

I love Pinkie Pie, but I'm not a big fan of babysitting episodes in television. The story is almost always the same. The baby's act up, babysitter corrects said behavior, the babies begin to tantrum and cry, and then the babysitter finds a temporary solution to stop the crying. Rinse wash repeat and you get this episode. 

Also the powers Pound and Pumpkin show in this episode is unbelievable to the point where I just write it off as non-canon. Pound can fly at one month when Scootaloo can't? Pumpkin can levitate when we haven't even seen Twilight do such a task at this point? Weird episode, it's "meh" at best.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Pound Cake and Pumpkin Cake are adorable, but I've never found babysitting episodes interesting. Adding Pinkie Pie to the mix honestly didn't remedy this. I think if it focused on two characters, like Pinkie and Twilight maybe, it might have been a lot better.

I don't have much to say about this. It's harmless, but doesn't really stand out.

• 1 month later...

This episode was very cute and I really liked how it went. The baby cakes are absolutely adorable characters. I would have wished Twilight been involved more, but I think it was pretty good for what it was. 

• 1 month later...

THIS. IS. NOT. FUNNY. BABIES. ARE. NOT. TOYS. PINKIE. YOU. SHOULD. TAKE. BETTER. CARE. OF. THEM. THE. CAKES. ARE. COUNTING. ON. YOU.

Yeah, I'm really not a fan of baby hijinks in any form of media, and it counts this as well. Wow, baby with superpowers, wrecking everthing around. I've seen The Incredibles, the Cake Twins have nothing on Jackjack, he's toptier baby superhero. Pinkie taking more than she can handle, and refusing to acknowledege she doesn't know how to take care of babies should've been a given right from the start. Mr. and Ms. Cake really should've know better, maybe put someone in charge of Pinkie while she's in charge of the kids ?

4/10, it's a meh episode. At least Pinkie learns that she should be more responsible, I guess.