HomuraBL

50 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was ok.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

How do you know that horn genetics and wing genetic can create an alicorn? The alicorn gene could be a gene on its own. ~

The simplest explanation is that an Alicorn has hh and ww. If alicorns had their own gene, then Earth ponies with HH and WW could still have aa, leading to the birth of an Alicorn, which doesn't make sense.

The simplest explanation is that an Alicorn has hh and ww. If alicorns had their own gene, then Earth ponies with HH and WW could still have aa, leading to the birth of an Alicorn, which doesn't make sense.

No because either HH or WW would be dominant over the other, they wouldn't just magically combine.

Both blond hair and red hair are recessive. No one is born with blond hair on one side and red on the other.

~

No because either HH or WW would be dominant over the other, they wouldn't just magically combine.

Both blond hair and red hair are recessive. No one is born with blond hair on one side and red on the other.

~

Skin color is also dominant, but mixes with other races skin colors. Same here.

Is Celestia, Luna and Cadance the only Alicorns in the show? No ones outside the royal family? If so it could be magic that they all are Alicorns (Its MLP so wouldn't be too surprising). Tbh I don't think there's much point discussing genes/alleles as its MLP and the writers probably aren't thinking so deeply about genetics when making it, but seeing more royals (King/Queen or Celestias brother/other sister which would be Cadances father/mother) are probably needed to backup gene theories.

Is Celestia, Luna and Cadance the only Alicorns in the show? No ones outside the royal family? If so it could be magic that they all are Alicorns (Its MLP so wouldn't be too surprising). Tbh I don't think there's much point discussing genes/alleles as its MLP and the writers probably aren't thinking so deeply about genetics when making it, but seeing more royals (King/Queen or Celestias brother/other sister which would be Cadances father/mother) are probably needed to backup gene theories.

True, but I'd like to think that I'm right. Who doesn't?

• 2 weeks later...

This is one of my favorite episode of season 2. One reason why I like it is that Pound Cake and Pumpkin Cake are so cute. I also like the fact that they are a Pegasus and a unicorn and have earth pony parents.

I think Pound well be able to keep flying for the rest of his life. Mainly because his super strength could be why his wings are so powerful.

As for Pumpkin Cake I think she is a prodigy. She was just able to do so much. Like teleporting, levanting all kinds of objects and her self and passing threw walls.

That is what I think of the twins.

This is one of my favorite episode of season 2. One reason why I like it is that Pound Cake and Pumpkin Cake are so cute. I also like the fact that they are a Pegasus and a unicorn and have earth pony parents.

I think Pound well be able to keep flying for the rest of his life. Mainly because his super strength could be why his wings are so powerful.

As for Pumpkin Cake I think she is a prodigy. She was just able to do so much. Like teleporting, levanting all kinds of objects and her self and passing threw walls.

That is what I think of the twins.

I don't think Pumpkin is a prodigy. Rarity did say that baby unicorns have flashes of magic. I think that it will diminish quickly.

I don't think Pumpkin is a prodigy. Rarity did say that baby unicorns have flashes of magic. I think that it will diminish quickly.

True. Twilight and Rarity did say that, but you think flashes of magic would be brief things or even things that could not be controlled. Pumpkin Cake was in fool control of her power. She knew how to use it and had no problems maintaining it.

Also I feel like Twilight and Rarity were thinking back to the time when their magic went out of control. True they were a lot older then Pumpkin Cake was and we still don't know how other baby unicorn magic works.

So I am opened to all ideas.

• 2 weeks later...

I really loved this episode. Pinkie Pie actually hasn't had that many episodes to herself, apart from Feeling Pinkie Keen (which didn't explore her character that much) and Party of One. I always wanted to know more about that bouncy joyful ball of happiness, so this episode was pleasing. The especially effective part was at the end when she broke down in exasperation... she was really trying so hard to look after the two babies and prove that she's responsible to her sceptical landlords. I felt for her.

Edited by Flipturn
  • Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I kinda of saw something pretty cool in this episode. When ever there was a new scene, Pound Cake and Pumpkin Cake would always be doing the same thing.

For Pumpkin Cake, as was shown from the start of the episode, she was always chewing on something. When she was introduced she was chewing on her hoof, at the Sugarcube Corner it was the baby powder, it the kitchen was almost the broom, snack time hoof again, bath towel, room pacifier, 2 times with the chicken and the toys.

Now Pound Cake did something to that people may have missed. Pound was always moving his hoofs, but not just pounding stuff. When was introduced he moved his hoofs when Mr. Cake took pulled the blanket back, at Sugarcube he hit the blocks. Now here is when it changes. When Mr. and Mrs. Cake left he moved his hoofs around frantically. He would do this two more times. When Pinkie left the room to play her game and again when Pinkie is about to sing her song. At snack time he was pounding on his tray, for the bath the broke the bathtub faucet, in the room he was banging his blocks and jumping on his bed, when he was flying he was just moving, and finally he lifted the crib.

So I thought that was a cool thing they did with the twins.

• 1 month later...

I loved Pound and Pumpkin! Plus we got to see somePinkie Pie character development. And the baby cakes were cute, until thins started looking like a scarey movie.and my sister believes that Pound and Pumpkin are pure evil......

Posted Image

And by the way, everypony, it's a sign of a bad baby sitter when you LOSE THE BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This honestly was not really my favorite episode however, it wasn't a bad episode either.

While I liked the fact that Pinkie Pie learned responsibility, they could have done better with the episode itself

All-in-all, not a bad episode, just not the best in my opinion

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Aside from "Luna Eclipsed", this is probably the best episode in Season 2. If I could describe it in one word, it's "precious". It's precious watching the Mane Six express their joy when they see newborn Pound Cake and Pumpkin Cake in the nursery. It's precious watching Pinkie play with the babies and sing to them. It's precious watching Pinkie move from her normal "playtime mode" to "serious responsibility mode" once she realizes what a challenge taking care of babies actually is. You really hope she succeeds. It's precious watching the babies try to cheer Pinkie up when they see her crying in frustration (my heart! it breaks!). And it is VERY precious when the sleeping babies say Pinkie's name in their sleep at the end of the episode. Knowing that you're liked and appreciated is a priceless reward. Always has been, always will be.

I really love this episode. Everyone should watch it but especially those who are parents-to-be.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

This was just hilarious, hysterical, awesome, amazing, adorable, spectacular, etc.

I really hope we get to see more of the baby Cakes!

And I think Twilight will love to play with Pumpkin, with Rainbow Dash feeling the same about Pound!

• Brohoof 1

Ah. babycakes. Reading the summary makes you think you would hate it, at least for me, besides the fact that's a Pinkie Pie episode. It was one of the awesomer ones, from Mr. Cake trying to explain how he has a son and daughter that are a Pegasus and a unicorn to the Cakes trying to get someone to babysit.laugh.png

• Brohoof 1

It was pretty surprising seeing Pinkie Pie cry in this episode even though at times she is always happy. The thing is, the episode was pretty funny and entertaining. Classic Pinkie Pie. laugh.png

Pinkie_Pie_about_to_cry_happily_S2E13.pn

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe I didn't understand the episode, because I seem to be the only one who flat out hates it. It's down there with Boast Busters for me, and one of the only episodes of MLP I cringe at when I watch.

My first question is, what is with the baby's eyes?! I've been around horses for years and I've never seen the entire eye structure change from weanling to adulthood. They were super creepy to me.

I just didn't see Pinkie learn responsibility, I saw two little brats torturing her for no reason. Sure, at the beginning of the episode Pinkie isn't being responsible, but does she need to be? When my friend brings her kid over and I play with it, that doesn't make me it's mother, it isn't my job to feed, change, or enforce discipline. So why is it irresponsible for Pinkie to just want to play with them in the beginning? Even worse was, once she was put in charge of the foals, I didn't see her being irresponsible. They started crying the first time for no reason. They didn't need anything. Sure, Pinkie's response was to play instead of to look at the list and check, but this is the only time we see her not consulting the list. From then on Pinkie is legitimately trying to do what the Cakes told her to, the babies are for some reason unbelievably disobedient, instead of listening to her like they do their parents, they deliberately don't listen. Now I get it, they're babies, but that doesn't mean Pinkie isn't being responsible for them. What I saw as irresponsible were the things like leaving two babies in a tub for any amount of time unattended, and not putting diapers back on them once she failed to change them. Other than that, I saw Pinkie being no more responsible at the end of the baby sitting day as I did in the beginning. For some reason her having a complete break down and the babies showing an unbelievable amount of discernment for month old children now makes her responsible? Pinkie didn't become responsible, she reached an understanding with two children that shouldn't have had the cognitive ability to do so.

Also, this episode leaves me baffled concerning unicorns and pegasi. We see Pegasus ponies in flight school around the same age as the CMC, and even then it was clear they were mastering basic skills. Even Twilight couldn't use magic until she was the same or of similar age of the CMC! Twilight, the princess, the freaking element of magic, struggled to turn a page in a book with her magic. Celestia better polish up another crown, because Pumpkin must be the next element of magic. And no, to me this is not a 'weird magical surge' as Rarity put it. A surge is like Twilight's freak out when she felt the rainboom. That was a massive magical surge. No, Pumpkin clearly had continual and constant control over her magic. When she wanted something, she levitated it to her mouth, when she wanted out of the pen, she just made a magic door. And even if I could believe Pound Cake could theoretically fly, he would NOT be strong enough to pull a full grown pony against gravity up the stairs, or fly upside down on the ceiling. It just doesn't make any sense to me. 

And lastly, how is this a friendship lesson? There are episodes they don't write to the princess, so why not this one? Being responsible has nothing to do with friendship.  

(edited)

Being a huge fan of Baby Cakes maybe I can help you with some of your questions.

My first question is, what is with the baby's eyes?! I've been around horses for years and I've never seen the entire eye structure change from weanling to adulthood. They were super creepy to me.  

The eye thing is a still a mystery in the fan dom. I think they did it to make the babies more realistic. Make them feel like human babies to. Still I'm not to sure why they made them that way.

I just didn't see Pinkie learn responsibility, I saw two little brats torturing her for no reason.

Well I don't think Pound and Pumpkin were doing those things to torturer Pinkie Pie. They weren't being EVIL like other babies in cartoons. They were just playing. To me Pound and Pumpkin see Pinkie Pie as just a play mate and when they are with her they think it's super fun play time. I mostly see it that way because my cousins act the same way around my dad.

When my friend brings her kid over and I play with it, that doesn't make me it's mother, it isn't my job to feed, change, or enforce discipline. So why is it irresponsible for Pinkie to just want to play with them in the beginning? Even worse was, once she was put in charge of the foals, I didn't see her being irresponsible.

Well that's kinda different  from what you are describing. If your friend is bring them over to see you and talk with you, yes she is not going to ask you to feed or change them. If she leaving them with you to watch them, then you have to do the feeding and the changing. The Cakes did not ask Pinkie to do any of that, but thats because they just don't see her being responsible. They still might just see her as just the playmate.

They started crying the first time for no reason. They didn't need anything.

Their parents left. Lots of babies and kids start crying when mom and dad leave. They don't know when they are coming back. Even if Pinkie Pie lives there and sees them everyday, it does not replace the love of a mother and father. Anyone of the mane 6 would have the same problem. 

From then on Pinkie is legitimately trying to do what the Cakes told her to, the babies are for some reason unbelievably disobedient, instead of listening to her like they do their parents, they deliberately don't listen.

Well true Pinkie was trying to be responsible, but still they may just see her as a playmate and not someone they see being responsible. They see Mr. and Mrs. Cake like that, but not Pinkie because all she wants to do is play with them. They just want to play.

What I saw as irresponsible were the things like leaving two babies in a tub for any amount of time unattended, and not putting diapers back on them once she failed to change them.

True she left them a lone, but this is Pinkie Pie. She was gone for a second. They toys could have been in that room. Yes she did fail to get the diapers back on them, but she could have got them on at the end when they started lessening to her.

For some reason her having a complete break down and the babies showing an unbelievable amount of discernment for month old children now makes her responsible? Pinkie didn't become responsible, she reached an understanding with two children that shouldn't have had the cognitive ability to do so.

The break down part is odd, but here goes. It is odd for Pound and Pumpkin to have the emotion of guilt, but they are seeing their first best friend crying and they just feel bad for what they done.

I'm not sure how to answer the flying and magic, because that is also a confusing thing. Magic could just work in an odd ways. Some unicorn may just have different levels of magic when they are born. Maybe they well go away in a few years or maybe it well stay with them tell they die.

And even if I could believe Pound Cake could theoretically fly, he would NOT be strong enough to pull a full grown pony against gravity up the stairs, or fly upside down on the ceiling. It just doesn't make any sense to me.   

Well Pound Cake was able to break a bath room faucet. So if he can break that I'm sure he could carry a full grown pony all over the house. Well I think he flew to the ceiling because he had yet to learn how to hover. 

And lastly, how is this a friendship lesson? There are episodes they don't write to the princess, so why not this one? Being responsible has nothing to do with friendship.  

Well not every episode needs to be about friendship. Is it wrong for the writers of the show to put in other lessons besides lessons about friendship? Like MMMystery was about not jumping to conclusions.  

I'm not sure if any of this help and I don't expect you to read this and fall in love with the episode. I'm just trying to do my best to defend the episode with all I can. 

Edited by pinkiefan1287

Being a huge fan of Baby Cakes maybe I can help you with some of your questions.

The eye thing is a still a mystery in the fan dom. I think they did it to make the babies more realistic. Make them feel like human babies to. Still I'm not to sure why they made them that way.

Well I don't think Pound and Pumpkin were doing those things to torturer Pinkie Pie. They weren't being EVIL like other babies in cartoons. They were just playing. To me Pound and Pumpkin see Pinkie Pie as just a play mate and when they are with her they think it's super fun play time. I mostly see it that way because my cousins act the same way around my dad.

Well that's kinda different  from what you are describing. If your friend is bring them over to see you and talk with you, yes she is not going to ask you to feed or change them. If she leaving them with you to watch them, then you have to do the feeding and the changing. The Cakes did not ask Pinkie to do any of that, but thats because they just don't see her being responsible. They still might just see her as just the playmate.

Their parents left. Lots of babies and kids start crying when mom and dad leave. They don't know when they are coming back. Even if Pinkie Pie lives there and sees them everyday, it does not replace the love of a mother and father. Anyone of the mane 6 would have the same problem. 

Well true Pinkie was trying to be responsible, but still they may just see her as a playmate and not someone they see being responsible. They see Mr. and Mrs. Cake like that, but not Pinkie because all she wants to do is play with them. They just want to play.

True she left them a lone, but this is Pinkie Pie. She was gone for a second. They toys could have been in that room. Yes she did fail to get the diapers back on them, but she could have got them on at the end when they started lessening to her.

The break down part is odd, but here goes. It is odd for Pound and Pumpkin to have the emotion of guilt, but they are seeing their first best friend crying and they just feel bad for what they done.

I'm not sure how to answer the flying and magic, because that is also a confusing thing. Magic could just work in an odd ways. Some unicorn may just have different levels of magic when they are born. Maybe they well go away in a few years or maybe it well stay with them tell they die.

Well Pound Cake was able to break a bath room faucet. So if he can break that I'm sure he could carry a full grown pony all over the house. Well I think he flew to the ceiling because he had yet to learn how to hover. 

Well not every episode needs to be about friendship. Is it wrong for the writers of the show to put in other lessons besides lessons about friendship? Like MMMystery was about not jumping to conclusions.  

I'm not sure if any of this help and I don't expect you to read this and fall in love with the episode. I'm just trying to do my best to defend the episode with all I can. 

I'm not familiar enough with the forum to know how to divide quotes yet, so sorry if this is kind of sloppy.

I'm not sure if I'd call it evil, but they defiantly weren't playing. If they were playing, they wouldn't be crying so much. Maybe you're right and they aren't intentionally torturing Pinkie, but their ability to feel such complicated emotions at the end (remorse) makes me think they aren't as blissfully unaware as others may believe.

I suppose that second quote of mine was a little confusing. I put it in there to show that at the very beginning of the show, before the Cakes realize they need a sitter, Pinkie shouldn't have to be responsible for kids that aren't hers. I just think it's unfair for them to rudely ignore her and ask everypony else to baby sit, just because she hasn't been responsible for kids that aren't hers thus far.

For the third one, I'm aware that the babies most likely cried because their parents left. When I said it was for no reason, I meant it was for no relative reason to the plot in my opinion.

If the lesson of the day was about the babies learning to respect other adults and take Pinkie seriously, I totally would understand your point... but the lesson is about Pinkie learning to be responsible. I don't see how them not recognizing Pinkie as an authority figure, means Pinkie is irresponsible. I don't see her actually learning anything in this episode. Twilight outright says she isn't cut out for it, conveying to the viewer that until this point you shouldn't see Pinkie as being responsible... and she was being responsible. She was doing her best, she cannot force them to listen to her. It wasn't like she was blowing it off and not taking it seriously.

The comment about the tub was nitpicking and you're right, the toys could have been right there in the room but by this point in the episode I was desperate to see Pinkie not being responsible, so that I could justify the lesson. Also I never saw her put diapers back on the babies, but she could have done so before she put them in the crib.

Sure they feel bad for what they've done, but that emotion is so far beyond that age it isn't even funny. Idk I tend to have a problem with how they portray age throughout the show, and I just thought it was weird.

(The faucet was made of sugar... get it because they use like sugar break away vases for movies... and the Cakes live in a gingerbread house? Ok yeah stupid joke) Flight muscles and arm muscles are totally different things... also I thought the fact he was able to break the faucet was dumb.

I don't mind when they do episodes with lessons on other things than friendship on the show, I'm just wondering why they told Celestia, when all she told them to write to her about was friendship lessons. I love the fact this show deals with many types of lessons on both a conscious and unconscious level. 

You're right, I probably won't ever like, or understand this episode, but thanks for talking it out with me! Your opinions were very interesting and they made me think.

• Brohoof 1