Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Creamy Arty

I have an old Romanian Cugir SKS,

A Beretta 92FS semi automatic pistol.

And I have a Remington model 700 bolt action hunting rifle.

Edited by sLORT

Well, I can say am the proud owner of an AT4. Bought it off some guy in a shifty building. Didn't cost me a lot though, just my kidney.

I keep it loaded at all times, it's in my shed, in case of a zombie invasion. Can never be too careful, especially when living under an airport. I'm glad I live in a country with strict laws against this, means my neighbours have trouble getting one themselves. I don't wave it around too much, flaunting it. At least I am safe to know my friends and enemies fear me.

I found this beauty in my closet earlier. Like your AT4, I keep it loaded at all times. In fact, I may just use this for my Every Day Carry (EDC).

• Brohoof 1

That feel when no gun. I'd want a old shotgun, a Colt Python or a sawn-off scattergun. I would get a couple months of jail if I had any of those, owning a gun is illegal if it's not crucial for a hobby (hunting, shooting)

AK 47 ,thats the beast ,best gun ever made if you ask from me. Id want one,does anypony know how much one of these costs in some currency?

Depends where you buy it. In russia and estonia they're quite cheap, but they might cost a shit lot in the US.

The AK-47 isn't the best gun ever, I'd say the HK33 or the Franchi SPAS series

Depends where you buy it. In russia and estonia they're quite cheap, but they might cost a shit lot in the US.

The AK-47 isn't the best gun ever, I'd say the HK33 or the Franchi SPAS series

Yess i live in Estonia.One day im going to get one of these. One of the bad thing about AK 47 Is the huge recoil,but it is still my wish the own one.

Yess i live in Estonia.One day im going to get one of these. One of the bad thing about AK 47 Is the huge recoil,but it is still my wish the own one.

Ak pattern rifles don't have much recoil.  Especially if you're running one in 5.45

I actually think that Aks are really controllable. Even in the 7.62x39 caliber.

Now if you plan on running an Ak full auto, then yea, the recoil is a little much. But most any weapon that is running full auto is hard to control. 

An Ak in 5.45 and an AR in 5.56 have pretty similar recoil. The Aks recoil is... more spongy? 

Anyways, Aks are pretty awesome.  And ARs too for that matter. I've never had the pleasure of firing an HK33, but they are interesting weapons.

The Hk  Roller delayed blowback system is really interesting. And I think it would be incredibly facinating to take one down.

my thoughts on AK pattern rifles:

- any ak style rifle will set you back atleast $800 usd, due to the rising costs of firearms right now. dont cheap out on your rifle either, cause you get what you pay for when it comes to the AK. i wouldnt surprised if the prices exceeded $1000 usd in the next few months. 

- the best bang for the buck (no pun intended) is the Saiga, either in 7.62mm or .223, both of which are easily available rounds. Saigas are made in russia still, with the same quality that made the original Kalashnikov so good. The come with a sporting style stock, but if you desire, you can easily convert it to a proper pistol grip with wood furniture like a normal AK. Saigas are GENERALLY cheaper then higher end AKs, but theyre worth it. this is the one exception where cheaping out will work in your favor. 

- Recoil. what recoil? 7.62mm rounds are gentle, like a butterfly landing softly on your shoulder. the real issue i find with 7.62 rounds are the noise. theyre loud guns, so wear muffs. you want recoil, shoot a 3" turkey load out of a single shot 12 gauge shotgun. 

- Full auto is a waste of time. no one Rock n' Rolls a gun and expects to hit much, its more about the fun of tearing something up then going for tackdriver accuracy. hell, the military doesnt even go full auto with their service rifles... its always short controlled busts of 3-4 rounds tops. a semi auto can shoot that fast if you have smooth trigger control too, so its really a moot point.

overall, the AK pattern rifles are excellent guns. not the most accurate, but you give up some accuracy for sheer reliability. if you cant afford a nice AK/Saiga, then you could also consider a SKS. ive shot a few in my life, and i enjoy them quite a bit. you usually can buy one for less then $350 usd if you look around and shop smart. 

• 1 month later...

Ahh I sadly do not own any guns yet. Im 20 but I want to get my concealed carry permit first. But I have been eyeing a few guns i do want to own. One is a Browing 9mm Highpower. Nothing says class and elegance like one of these babies. A glock 17 because you need to own a glock. A 1911a1 its the most beautiful gun ever made. And lastly a .44 magnum nothing says derpy harry then the old .44 mag. As for shotguns probly a civillian Spaz 12 or 870mcs. And rifles A Woodstock ar-10 battle rifle,ak-47 civillian model,M-14 civillian model,ar-15 because its a black ar-15 and Hell either a german kar-98 or 1897 winchester repeater. nevermind scratch that have both guns. also a five seven handgun too!!!

This is currently the only gun in the house. A .50 cal blackpowder handgonne. P1010026.JPG

I had a .75 cal matchlock musket at one point, but I sold it when I moved to the 'states so it would remain in the reenactment group I was leaving behind.

We're probably going to be picking up a simple shotgun or modern rifle soon, as we've started to bring in livestock now (sheep), and I'm thinking we're going to need something in case of coyotes and the like. I wouldn't mind having a flintlock brass-barreled carriage gun for the collection, but I'm not really in a position to spend what a good example would cost.

• Brohoof 2

This is currently the only gun in the house. A .50 cal blackpowder handgonne. 

I had a .75 cal matchlock musket at one point, but I sold it when I moved to the 'states so it would remain in the reenactment group I was leaving behind.

We're probably going to be picking up a simple shotgun or modern rifle soon, as we've started to bring in livestock now (sheep), and I'm thinking we're going to need something in case of coyotes and the like. I wouldn't mind having a flintlock brass-barreled carriage gun for the collection, but I'm not really in a position to spend what a good example would cost.

If you do plan on getting a simple rifle or shotgun. think of the pros and cons. lever action,pump action are best choices for shotguns. the recoil of a semi-auto shotgun will kill your arm. Semi-auto rifles are a good buy so are bolt actions. the drawbacks can be lever actions not good for long range targets but still a good choice. personally if you want a shotgun a good 870mcs is good.

• 1 month later...

Alright, I've been meaning to post something on this gun for a long time. I feel like this isn't as comprehensive or insightful as I hoped it would be, but I guess that's okay. This is more of a showcase and relaxed discussion thread than a reference source.

post-6104-0-12748500-1364782014_thumb.jpg

Here is my Gewehr 88. More people are familiar with the 98 since that saw more war action and it's a noteworthy improvement over the model 88. Despite this I believe it's worth a look as it was a turning point in German arms manufacturing. It's also a pleasure to shoot regardless of any historical significance.

post-6104-0-50161700-1364782032_thumb.jpg

Look at the crescent marking around the center of the picture. There's another one like it on the end of the bolt handle and one on top of the receiver. All this indicates is that this is one of thousands that were given to Turkey during World War I. Many surplus 88s I've seen floating around bear this symbol.

post-6104-0-37929200-1364782045_thumb.jpg

Again, notice the crescent symbol as well as the date of this rifle's manufacture - 1890. These rifles were designed to use a then-new cartridge called the Patrone 88 with a round-nose bullet and was approximately 8mm. Shortly after the turn of the century the cartridge was improved by using a pointed, "spitzer" bullet, and the cartridge was known as the S Patrone. A newer and more efficient powder was also employed with the new round. I can only assume that's what the "S" stands for that's directly below the crescent. Along with the new cartridge came some modifications to the rifle to accomodate it.

post-6104-0-16404700-1364782078_thumb.jpg

The original round used an en-bloc clip that fell out of the magazine housing on the bottom of the gun once depleted. The new spitzer rounds were loaded with a stripper clip that was immediately discarded after use. To help guide the stripper clip and hold it in place during loading, a notch was milled out on either side of the rear portion of the receiver somewhat reminiscent of parentheses. I don't own any clips for it so I have to load every round by hand.

post-6104-0-40376500-1364782137_thumb.jpg

Let me tell you, this is a real pleasure to shoot. the action is smooth, as is the trigger pull. Cycling the bolt feels pretty fluid. Despite the remarkable lightness of the gun, the recoil isn't any more than one might expect from its caliber. Right now mine isn't usable. I think I put the bolt head on backwards after cleaning it last and now it won't fully close. Whoops. I'll take it apart someday soon and fix it. Not in much of a hurry because I decided to stop shooting it on account of it being over 120 years-old, and I've heard stories about the bolt handles shearing off and going through the shooter's forehead.

To be totally fair I've never really shot many guns.. I mean I've only shot a pistol once or twice, And a BB gun if you count that tongue.png.

To be honest firing a gun kinda freaks me out, I know I'm such a weakling tongue.png. Sorry but the kick always makes me feel uneasy.

Understandable. Not everyone is suited for every caliber, but I think there's room in this sport/hobby for everyone. Since you're not able to handle heavy recoil, why don't you try a .22? You can get rifles, semi-automatic pistols, and revolvers in that caliber. Ammo is cheap and plentiful and there's almost no recoil at all. I can one-hand a .22 rifle with ease. Give one of those a shot if you haven't before. Sometimes all I've taken out to the range (meaning a path in the woods) were .22s. They're often the most fun to play around with.

• Brohoof 2

• 4 months later...

I don't expect this thread to get many replies, but I still wanted to make it.

There's another thread for bladed weaponry, about which I'm also passionate, but it stated clearly in the OP not to post guns. Well, fine. Be that way. This is the now the gun thread. To get things started I'd like to introduce you to my model 1895 Nagant, which was manufactured in 1943. It has a capacity of seven rounds.

attachicon.gifnagant.jpg

There's something really nifty about this old guy. It's a gas-seal revolver. Look at the gap between the cylinder and the barrel.

attachicon.gifnagant-cylinder.jpg

When the hammer is cocked, the cylinder moves forward, creating a seal between the two.

attachicon.gifnagant-seal.jpg

So if you had a threaded barrel for this revolver it could be fitted with a silencer. Accuracy isn't fantastic due partially to the way it's made and also the amount of strength it takes to fire. This gun requires about 20 lbs of force to fully pull the trigger if you shoot it double-action, a little less if you use it single-action. Obviously the more effort it requires to pull the trigger, the more your hand will want to waver. You also have to be careful with how you position your index finger. I have a tendency to pinch it in the trigger guard when I pull the trigger, which once resulted in a blood blister.

Lol... When I went hunting in South Africa like 2 years ago haha. Someone know what gun that is coz, frankly, Idk. I believe it was a .22... IDK! it was VERY loud! Poor deer :( 392691_222344311174702_1924614402_n.jpg

Edited by Bronii

I don't own any weapons (well... I have fired my brother's hunting crossbow).

But I have fired the Lee Enfield bolt action rifle, got a bullseye with the first 10 rounds I fired and it was a good grouping. I even learned how to clean a Lee Enfield.

I've also held the Sten sub-machine gun and have held and aimed the C9 light machine gun (Canadian variant of the FN Minimi), mounted on a G-wagon (Mercedes-Benz G-Class).

Let's see if I can remember all of them...

Winchester Model 190

Marlin Model 81

Marlin Model 60W

ATI-GSG Stg-44

Kar. 98AZ

Mosin Nagant M98/30

Mosin Nagant M44

SKS

S&W M&P 15

Stevens 530A SxS

Beretta 418

Walther PP

Walther PPK

Walther PPK/S

Nagant M1895

CZ 50

Colt Trooper Mk III

Taurus Model 82

Glock 21

Star BM

S&W Model 29

Springfield 1911A1

PPS-43C

DPMS A-15

DPMS LR-308

Kel-Tec Sub 2000

Ruger Mk III

Beretta CX4 Storm

S&W 500

People ask me why I have so many or why I want more. You know what I tell them? "Simple, because this is America and I can!" It works very well.

Edited by FMStorm
  • Brohoof 4

I LOVE THIS THREAD!!!!

Anyway, I have my own little lovely gun as well.  It is a Smith & Weston 375 special.... I am soooo in love  with this thing.  It is a breeze to get a sight picture, and I have even been able to hit a tennis ball at about 20 yards.  It is a beautiful little gun that can hold up to seven rounds... did I mention that I just love revolvers of any kind. :wub:

I got a Mosin Nagant, she is my baby, her name is Sarah.. She was incredibly dear as I live in scotland and can only buy one with my hunting license.. But between love and meat, she's payed herself off 10times over.. <3

I love guns, right now I have:
A Sig Sauer 556 (.223 REM)
Remington Model 7 (7mm)
Mossberg 500 (.20 guage) 
Savage BRJ (.22 LR)
Remington 700 SPS Varmint (.22-250)

I'm looking to get a handgun, Smith and Wesson 1911 perhaps.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't feel at ease with guns.

But well... my father have an old shotgun, which is not working anymore. We've got some airguns, nothing more.

I used to compete with air rifles, won a medal, then I stopped because of back pain.

I currently don't have any use for these guns, so I guess I won't waste money in this.

It's a bit disturbing to see all these people with guns. Why do you have them, do you feel more powerful with them? Or I guess I'm not as materialist as everyone here.

I don't have pictures right now, but my gun collection includes:

Springfield Armory 1911

Browning 1919 belt fed 308

North American Arms 22 revolver

Taurus 357 Magnum revolver

Romanian WASR 10 (AK 47) with 70 round magazine, bayonet

AR 180

AR 15 with 100 round magazine, bayonet

Calico Liberty III 9mm with 100 round magazine

Calico Liberty pistol with 50 round magazine

CETME 308

SVD (Dragunov)

FNP 9mm

K98k 8mm

Mosin Nagant

Mossberg 500 12 gauge

Springfield 1903

TEC 22

2 TEC 9

Norinco 320 (Uzi)

I'm only 14. If I get a permit I can operate firearms but I can't own them until I'm 18 (and neither of my parents want to go through the complicated process of purchasing and registering firearms). I live in Canada by the way.

If I were to get a gun, I'd honestly choose this. No joke.

800px-Brown_Bess.png

I absolutely love 18th-Century history. Though the laws seem fuzzy, I think I might be able to purchase a musket at my age. I'm going to do some research, and if I can... LIFE COMPLETE.

Does anyone else here own a musket?

I don't feel at ease with guns.

But well... my father have an old shotgun, which is not working anymore. We've got some airguns, nothing more.

I used to compete with air rifles, won a medal, then I stopped because of back pain.

I currently don't have any use for these guns, so I guess I won't waste money in this.

It's a bit disturbing to see all these people with guns. Why do you have them, do you feel more powerful with them? Or I guess I'm not as materialist as everyone here.

Free people have guns. Slaves do not. Why would we trust the police or military with guns, but not our friends and neighbors? Government is the greatest evil mankind has ever created. The check against the evils of government is a well armed population. A single man can kill perhaps 50 people. But it takes a government to kill millions.

• Brohoof 1