Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Wishing Equestria was Real

Flying Whales

Pff what’s wrong with that? We all have our own fantasies. Writing about something you’d like to experience isn’t weird at all. You don’t need to be secretive about that. :)

I have two reasons why it is a secret:

1. My

Follow me so far?

2. Parents

They are unaccepting of the fandom despite me being in it. If they knew I planned on writing stories based on the show, they might go insane. As it is, they have nothing good to say about us bronies, the last thing they need is a reason for them to hate on us more.

Same thing with my friends, they don't know I plan to write two FiMfics.

Edited by whoovesfan7698
  • Brohoof 2

I've totally had this thought. Ever since I first started watching the show! I mean, life on Earth is pretty sweet. I mean Im pretty smart, I have lots of friends, I'm fucking awesome, but regaurdless of all of that, I've still always wondered what life would be like in Equestria. Life there seems so appealing. I mean, everyone knows everyone. Hell, everyone likes everyone. There's lots of love, and adventures a plenty. This brings up something I've been meaning to talk about.

Lucid dreaming. I've been experimenting with lucid dreaming for about a year and a half. It's basically the awareness that you are dreaming, and controlling the events that take place in your dream. Most of you guys will think of sex and shit, and yeah, that's pretty awesome. BUT, I've used this skill to emulate Equestria and the citizens many times. I would really suggest lucid dreaming to you guys.

• Brohoof 2

1. My

Follow me so far?

2. Parents

They are unaccepting of the fandom despite me being in it. If they knew I planned on writing stories based on the show, they might go insane. As it is, they have nothing good to say about us bronies, the last thing they need is a reason for them to hate on us more.

I know what you mean. My parents know I'm a Brony, but they have no idea that I'm an author of some form. I don't think they would approve of me spending my time that way. It's the same story with my extended family, my friends, etc.

I will note that my one saving grace is my cousin, who is an avid reader of fanfics. In the first month he had an account on FimFiction, he read over 2,800,000 (two million, eight hundred thousand) words. That's aside from his full time job, his other activities, etc., so there's no danger in me telling him.

• Brohoof 1

1. My

Follow me so far?

2. Parents

Yeah, I follow you now. http://mlpforums.com/public/style_emoticons/default/dry.png Sucks, I understand too my parents don’t really have anything great to say about it either. They were giving me a hard time about it, but I can’t do anything about that I suppose. But I totally understand where you are coming from and it’s really too bad.

I've totally had this thought. Ever since I first started watching the show! I mean, life on Earth is pretty sweet. I mean Im pretty smart, I have lots of friends, I'm fucking awesome, but regaurdless of all of that, I've still always wondered what life would be like in Equestria. Life there seems so appealing. I mean, everyone knows everyone. Hell, everyone likes everyone. There's lots of love, and adventures a plenty. This brings up something I've been meaning to talk about.

Lucid dreaming. I've been experimenting with lucid dreaming for about a year and a half. It's basically the awareness that you are dreaming, and controlling the events that take place in your dream. Most of you guys will think of sex and shit, and yeah, that's pretty awesome. BUT, I've used this skill to emulate Equestria and the citizens many times. I would really suggest lucid dreaming to you guys.

You know, I’ve heard about lucid dreaming before but I’ve sort of written it off as a myth, and that it really isn’t possible, but you yourself have had some success? Haha it just might be worth dabbling into if I takes me to freaking Ponyville. :D haha

• Brohoof 1

I agree with you, however, I don't know why. I don't like bright colors, happy people, or really, anything that has to do with happiness. I prefer bleakness and cold. I don't like being happy. Then again, I don't like being sad either. I suppose I don't enjoy existing in general... Anyways, yes. Equestria would be a very nice place to live, far better than this stupid world.

I think it's possible to live in a world more like equestria if you bring what you've found in equestria out into the real world. Like the lessons about friendship, or if you're influenced by pinkie pie's infectious happiness. It's like the opposite of one of us going to equestria and ruining it, but this way round it can actually happen. If your acting influenced by the show, it brings some of the colour of it into the real world.

But, I don't think one of us going to equestria would ruin it, because I think you're underestimating the robustness of the ponies. They're innocent, yeah. But they're also strong. Maybe if loads of people went, that would overwhelm them.

It would be nice to live in a world like Equestria, but you know how I feel? I feel that life is what you make it and that you can choose to be happy or sad or upset or bubbly..... I mean, if you have a good imagination, you could even sort of think, "Hey, in this situation, what would Pinkie Pie do? What would Celestia do?" Or use any pony as an example to translate into real life. It could be real for you, you just have to apply the lessons learned! :)

• Brohoof 1

Call me crazy but if the multiverse theory is true then it is in fact real. We just need to somehow make a trans dimensional portal into their parallel universe, that or they make a two way trans dimensional portal to our universe. In which we can use to go back and forth between universes.

• Brohoof 1

"It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live" - Albus Dumbledore

I don't know about you guys, but I'm content with Earth. I like Earth and this universe. It has flaws but I'm sure Equestria has too - we may just not have heard of all of them. Earth is wonderful and beautiful. It may not be perfect but I like it.

Of course you can dream and fantasize about Equestria but I can just refer to Dumbledore's wisdom and say that if you do that, don't forget to live in the real world.

Thanks to all of you who responded to this thread. I can take solace knowing I’m not the only one out there who really wishes he or she could kind of get away to Equestria. I suppose we just have to deal with the world we live in now even though it really isn’t ideal. Thanks all of you. Much, much love hahaha :wub:

I've thought about it, dreamed about it, and wish it was all real.

Thing is, I don't know how to feel about it. I have to be honest, its almost a daily dream for me, every morning, I can wake up and recite a dream I had about living in Equestria. Maybe because of all the crap I've been through in life, I dream of a place where I feel I belong, where I feel that things can only go right. At the same time though, I have friends and family that I would miss dearly should I decide to go. If a portal opened in front of my eyes right now, I honestly wouldn't know what to do, leave my family and friends behind to go to a world I should only dream about, or stay, and live through misery, but also have moments of happiness with those I know?

Sure, it would be awesome to live in Ponyville, living as a pony (married to Rainbow Das-- D-Did I just say that out loud??), but I'm me, I'm me for a reason, I'm here for a reason.

I dunno, I dream about it, and wish I could go, but my feelings are just... bleh! If I could jump in the portal, and be erased from existence in this world, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

• Brohoof 1

You know, I’ve heard about lucid dreaming before but I’ve sort of written it off as a myth, and that it really isn’t possible, but you yourself have had some success? Haha it just might be worth dabbling into if I takes me to freaking Ponyville. :D haha

Yes, I have gotten to the point where I lucid dream almost every night. When your in these dreams, it feels so realistic. And ai can have a dream about whatever you want. And since it's lucid, they last a lot longer. I've "visited" Ponyville several times, and it's pretty awesome. Once you get it down, it can be accomplished every night.

I've thought about it, dreamed about it, and wish it was all real.

Thing is, I don't know how to feel about it. I have to be honest, its almost a daily dream for me, every morning, I can wake up and recite a dream I had about living in Equestria. Maybe because of all the crap I've been through in life, I dream of a place where I feel I belong, where I feel that things can only go right. At the same time though, I have friends and family that I would miss dearly should I decide to go. If a portal opened in front of my eyes right now, I honestly wouldn't know what to do, leave my family and friends behind to go to a world I should only dream about, or stay, and live through misery, but also have moments of happiness with those I know?

Sure, it would be awesome to live in Ponyville, living as a pony (married to Rainbow Das-- D-Did I just say that out loud??), but I'm me, I'm me for a reason, I'm here for a reason.

I dunno, I dream about it, and wish I could go, but my feelings are just... bleh! If I could jump in the portal, and be erased from existence in this world, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

I know exactly what you mean even though I haven’t really been through any crap in my life. I really love my family, and I’d miss them to death, and my handful of friends I’d miss, but compared to Equestria this world has nothing for me.

I've thought about this a lot, but mostly the situation is I'm a pony living amongst them, which would be cool in its own right. I used to think about being a human in Equestria, but honestly I'd rather be a pony haha. Either way I'd still (try to) hang around the Mane 6. The only issue I have is if I would be able to return. This world will never be as ideal or serene as Equestria, and my life hasn't exactly been sunshine and rainbows all the time, but I have people I love here (family, friends) that either don't want to (non-bronies, not haters either though thankfully) or they wouldn't be able to. If the show has taught me anything, it's to stick by your friends no matter what. If they couldn't go with me to Equestria, then I'm staying here. Send me a postcard.

I know exactly what you mean even though I haven’t really been through any crap in my life. I really love my family, and I’d miss them to death, and my handful of friends I’d miss, but compared to Equestria this world has nothing for me.

I won't explain in this topic, since it would be incredibly off topic, but, I have to agree with you, if it weren't for me missing my family/friends, well, hold on... See, I'm not worried about missing them, I KNOW I'll miss them, but I'd be worried about them. I'm afraid of what would happen should I just go missing one day, what would they do, and why would I be so selfish as to hurt them in such a way? Other than them, there is nothing for me in this world, I know what I want to do, but will I be able to do it? I don't know where my life is headed, or why.

That's why I said, if I could jump into a portal, and be ensured that my existence would be completely erased (as if I had never existed to begin with), I'd do it. Otherwise..it would take some thought, as much as I'd hate to say that.

Of course not! (You read mine, didn't you? :P)

As for the "what if" scenario, I struggle with this choice (in a good way!) almost every day. For some, it's as simple as YES I WOULD GO AT A MOMENT'S NOTICE. For me, this scenario would most likely tear my psyche apart until I was left with nothing.

If I had the chance, could I really go, knowing that whatever I do, whatever I say, and whatever I touch would be altered permanently? If their timeline was meant to exist separate from ours, anything I do would be potentially change the course of time - for better or for worse. For example, what if one of the Mane Six were supposed to get married, but my intervention somehow prevented that? I would rather stand back and let time play out as it was meant to be. (Albeit tearfully. :()

And coming from a world seeped in blood, violence, and the dark hearts of men, could I actually hold conversations without accidentally introducing foreign concepts to them? Watching what you say and how you say it 24/7 would be a challenge. I shudder to think of what would happen to the structure of Equestrian society should Celestia or Luna have the power to read minds, as I know I've seen my fair share of evil in the world. I'm sure the Royal Sisters have seen battles, exile, lies, etc., but they're nothing on the scale of what we as humans do.

In the end, I think I would grasp the opportunity. Half of me says that the choice is out of selfish ambitions, but the other half rationalizes it, since whatever my choice ends up being, is how the overarching power of the universe deemed it to happen.

Besides, if that future wintery evening comes when I'm able to recline on a couch near a fireplace, have a pony jump up into my lap, touch her silky soft fur, feel her radiant warmth, and hold her close...I think I would risk my life for that.

Agreed, going there would be awesome and I'd gladly risk my life for the mentioned perfect moment. Actually, that does relate a bit to the story (no spoilers). Anyways, don't get me wrong, I loved your story, but this is something I'd have to keep quiet about, at least as far as my friends and family. Maybe once/if my friends come into the fandom (which is highly unlikely, at least currently), maybe I'd tell them about the fics, but even then I'd hesitate. It's just a lot to say that you're writing stories about something you like (one of my friends I found out is reading a fanfiction someone else wrote, a Harry Potter one, but it shows at least one of them is more open about the concept, but I digress), especially if one of those is a self-insert fic. It's enough as it is to have someone put themselves in a fantasy story, but it also means the reader can see what really goes through that persons mind, their true feelings, logic, and even hidden dreams. To have people know that about me (the non-bronies, or haters for that matter, at least) would be kind of strange. Again, maybe if they joined the fandom, maybe I'd introduce the fact that many have written HiE fics and see how they react to that. If it's positive, maybe. For now, I'm just working on converting them. Sometimes they are so dense, I swear.

• Brohoof 1

I always feel that Equestria is simply a representation of the afterlife. Once we die, we go to a place that's peaceful (most of the time), colorful, lush, and comfortable, and the best part is that it's ran entirely by ponies!

If Equestria were to exist somewhere, make sure that humans stay the fuck away from there. :P

And this is why I build things; nothing in this world intrests me (at least, nothing that exists) so I just work to make the things that do intrest me real.

Mind you, the odds of me finding a way to genetically create rainbow colored talking ponies are extremely slim, especially considering my minimal knowledge of biochemistry, but still.

If you do believe in multiverse theory, constructing a portal to Equestria wouldn't be hard. Technically speaking, even just programing the world on a computer and dumping your consciousness into it would work, and would even be easier than having to build something akin to the Hadron Particle Colider just to get stable supplies of dark mater in order to create a portal for transdimensional travel, and even then that would be dangerous because we have no way of comprehending how two different universes would react when opened to each other, especially considering that the two could have completely different laws of physics, which would leave room fot the two to literally obliterate each other at an atomic level, worst case scenario of course. Of course, you could just collect the excess matter or whatever blows through the portal with a feild of some sort, most likely electromagnetic or something, and there are some materials that are good particle collectors, like Graphite and Iridium. But of course, the odds of iridium dropping out of the sky are slim. After all iridium is most readily found on Meteors and Meteorites-

I just geeked out for a second, sorry about that

What Im getting at is, its much easier to make the world interesting than to sit and wish that it was, or wish we were somewhere else that was more interesting.

Pursuit of Happiness, am I right?

• Brohoof 1

It might be nice, but to be honest I don't think I could handle something like that. Everything being nice and perfect all the time? I would grow tired of that rather quickly. I think, I preffer my flawed existance over something that will always be a fantasy.

its true, i too wish equestria was real, every single night since i became a brony, i dream about the mane 6 every night doing wacky adventures and a character i created (the pony which is my avatar, id post background info on it, but i fear ill it will be considered off topic, so its under the about me thing on my profile) also the character has a romantic relationship with pinkie pie, but they mostly act like just best friends are rarely kiss, but hug all the time, unless i decide to devote the whole dream to just that, ill be honest, i know its strange, but it just makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside, i enjoy romance stuff, although im not interested in a relationship much at all, im a sick person

so anyways, i would very much like equestria to be real, i want to hug everypony in it

Edited by STVB

• 1 month later...

Umm...Equestria is real. In fact, there are human versions of the ponies from there all over our planet. I mean that literally. In fact, although I'm not saying who, I'm the human version of one the ponies myself. Gender doesn't doesn't mean crap in alternate universes. Anyways, this is how Equestria works. There is actually two Equestrias: a (mostly) good one, and a bad one. In the good one, its (mostly) like the MLP show. Some of the bad things that are in the fanfics exist even in the good Equestria. In the bad Equestria, almost everyone with power is evil. This is where Rainbow Factory, etc. take place.

EDIT: And no, I'm not Vinyl Scratch.

Edited by wublovah3000
  • Brohoof 1