Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Wishing Equestria was Real

Flying Whales

It would be nice. I mean that's why there's roleplaying. smile.png But it sucks when you can't think up a good story and character upright. sad.png

I really like how innocent and safe Equestria is like. In our hearts this kind of world is most congeal to us. You know how dogs are always happy and cheerful? They have a similar attitude like that of Equestrians. I think the closest you can get to these ponies is to have a pet dog.

Actually I like to put reality into Equestria, I make it perfect mostly in the actual country, but the occasional war breaking out and attacking Equestria, or the behind the scene struggle to keep Equestria great by the Princesses.

• 7 months later...

Yeah dude sometimes I really wish Equestria could be real too. I would really love to be able to meet Rainbow Dash especially.

same... but it is real!!! I am not delusional, but we could easily find another planet... or use scientists and the large hadron collider to enter different dimensions. honestly, tell the scientists, TELL EVERYONE! this could happen

I wish I lived in equestrian everyday. I hate life in our world (mostly just the people in it). there world is amazing compared to ours. ill admit sometimes it does get to me, I mean were surrounded by cruelty and hatred everyday. I would trade my life to be reborn in equestria any day even if I couldn't meet the mane 6 or even Luna for that matter. just to escape this world.  all I would ask is that I get to keep memories of this world so I never take there world for granted.

I read a book once."Number of the Beast" by Robert Heinlein. It has a futuristic car with a "continua" device in it, allowing it to go to different dimensions. Visited are worlds of stories, like Oz. I don't see why this can;t be possible, we just don't have the tech to do it ourselves yet.

Edited by Questioner

I know the feeling, wishing to live in a fantasy world is a fairly common thing. I remember a lot of people seeing Avatar thought the very same thing and the media ridiculed them heavily for it. I thought it was wrong, there is nothing wrong with fantasizing about going to a fictional universe. I also share the same desire wishing Equestria was real. I have confidence we could even build our own Equestria of sorts through the use of advanced technologies in the coming decades.

As for how I deal with this, I look at pictures of nature. Seriously, the Earth has some amazing places and looking at these pictures can be simply breathtaking. Sure they're not nearly as fantastic as a utopia, but it reminds me of the beauty that my planet has to offer.

Edited by Celtore

Yeah, I wish Equestria was real. Like you, Life there seems more exciting and enjoyable. (Plus, There is magic!)

A good way for me to combat the feeling of Equestria not being real is closing my eyes and use my imagination, sometimes listening to MLP related music.. I also use pen & paper to draw or write a story with myself as the protagonist. (However, if another person read it it would make much sense.) 

Yeah, I would love to go to Equestria. I don't know what I would do there. I would see and meet everyone, but I don't really know where I would live, and what my purpose there would be. I would still love to live there.

I sometimes feel same about Equestria. This world just seems to be so much better than the one we live in. There just seem to be much less problems, everypony is nice (well, some rare exceptions :P ) and life isn't as stresful as here. I always feel a bit sad when I have to "return" from watching MLP to real life, it appears real life is just about work and sleep as soon as school is finished and yet personally I feel like I'm unable to change it. In Equestria it just looks much different, there is work too, of course, but it doesn't look as stressful as here and everyone (not some lucky individuals) is enjoying it.

Also meeting characters from show (especially Fluttershy :P ) would be great experience, recently I lost some friends and feel more and more lonely every day. I still have some true friends, but at the same time I'm unable to get new ones. It just seems like it's much easier to get new friends there, since everypony seem to be nice (while in real life it's easy to run into jerk that just pretends to be friend). It's very stupid way of thinking, but, well... I don't really know what to say here, so I'll just proceed further maybe? :P

Third thing that makes Equestria better- no politics at least not the ones that we are forced to watch every day. Everyone just cares about money and in Poland politicians do everything just to get more cash even if it will make "simple man's" life harder. If You have money You can do everything here. If You don't have it then someone important can steal Your car and You won't be able to do anything about it. Equestria seems to be like utopia there, everyone respects each other and money isn't as important as friendship and respect towards others. 

Well, you got us bronies, first i hate this world for the bad people and hate and every pain that mos people carry in their lives, i used so many ways to escape from the world i was living until i found you guys, i really found my place in the world with MLP, unfortunately Equestria does not exist (and probably is the best, because if exists, soon every rich people would reach it and pollute with all their garbage making equestria just another privilege for politician and rich boys). But that's why are here, to help each other and living in harmony, if Equestria does not exist let's make this happen with friendship!

• Brohoof 2

I think that if Equestria were real, it'd be a much better place to live than this would-be crapsack world. No worries of terrorism, no threats of war, decent political leaders, and a greatly reduced need to worry about meeting unpleasant ponies. My thoughs? Equestria over the real world any day!

I have always had fantasies about Equestria. I have fantasies about many things. But whos to say it aint actually real? Well, maybe not in this reality but what if it was real somewhere else. Like someother universe. I know crazy. But one of my many theories of the universe is that we are not the only universe. In Fact i think there millions if not an infinite number of dimensions or universes. Literally anything can be real in some other reality, in someother world. Equestria could be out there. Somewhere.

That is simlar to what i think. Instead the worlds we come up with can be or are parellel dimensions or entire universes. Since there can be pratically an infinte number of worlds, anyone of the ones we think can be real. In fact perhaps our minds are somehow linked up with these worlds. Perhaps when we dream our concious travels to one of these worlds. Ok by now i'm soundin' like a loon i bet. I aint gonna delve in any futher this aint no quantum physics topic.

Anyway, i too do wish i could go there. Oh the adventures i can have... ... ... Oh sorry dazed off there. I always fantasize about well, anything really. Its nice to just lay down, relax, and just day dream. Just don't lose touch with this reality heheh. It would be amazing if we could all go there. Its just an amazing appealing world. Who wouldn't want to go there amirite? But, sadly, i don't think we have the technology to do so. But who knows... Maybe one day we can make a TARDIS and travel to Equestria.

Equestria IS real, somewhere. We need to aim through a ridiculously long sequence of quantum holes, and then we'd reach it. And of course then there's transdimensional connections. That can go fairly deep.

I've found this topic some time ago, but I didn't post anything in it for some reasons. First, English is not my first language and I feared that I would, unintentionally, say something that would make everyone here think that I'm crazy. And second, my thoughts on the matter are a bit confused. Well, since I have recently convinced myself that I AM at least a little crazy, I'll just say what I think.

This show deals with something that I think is kind of lost in our world. Friendship seems to be something that always comes with a price tag. I may have a warped view of this subject because I never really had a "close friend" for several reasons but it seems that Equestria understands the importance of friendship. Or at least it is the message the show is conveying. You see, our society separates love and friendship as two different things, implying the first is deeper, and I think they should be the same. Very utopic of me, I know.

Okay, a lot of characters break this "immersion". The foremost being the Canterlot snobs. But until we have examples of ponies being exploited by their employers, I think that this is superficial. Part of the reason I think like this is because there is not a movement to overthrow Celestia and Luna, and it's just unthinkable, within canon, that they are giving benefits to the higher classes. It was Celestia who set Twilight in her path after all.

Of course characters like Sombra, Discord, even Gilda and other antagonists are the exception. They provide something which lack of breaks Heaven for me: antagonism. Opposition. The make Equestria stand in the fine line between an utopia and the real world. Sure Equestria has it's problems (and what problems they are...), but it also has ways of solving these problems and equestrians have friends who will help them live through these problems. This is one of the reasons why I wouldn't mind if Scootaloo couldn't ever fly: she has friends that provide her with support to withstand this. This is also the reason why I can't choose one favorite pony among the Mane Six. They are a team. Sure they are great to watch in their individual episodes but they really shine when they are together solving some problem. True True Friends, anyone? It was just beautiful. Magical. The whole journey through Everfree Forest was shallow, but it had the same idea. And it culminated in a display of what the magic of friendship can do, symbolically, through the Elements of Harmony.

Finally another thing that completely hooks me to the show is the whole Celestia/Luna backstory and how it translated to the "present time" of the show. Look at Celestia. Princess, queen... Doesn't matter. What matters is that she speaks and things happen. She is quite literally a "tyrant", an absolute ruler unrestrained by law. This word has a bad connotation, but you guys get my meaning. She is benevolent and worried with the well-being of her subjects. And she has the coolest sister ever. It's unclear how the power dynamics work between them, but it's safe to assume that, unless Season 4 turns Luna into the "suicidal-angst-ridden-freak" or the "insanely-evil-gonna-usurp-the-throne-witch" some fanfics make her out to be, both princesses have a healthy relationship with themselves and the government.

So basically we have a place where friendship actually means something more than your imagination, rulers understand that they serve the people, or at least use their powers how they are expected to and when trouble happens, there IS a solution and a happy ending. Who wouldn't want to live in this place?! Some people here would go as far as leaving everything they have here for a chance to live there.

Sorry for the long rambling, but I guess it was worth it.

• Brohoof 2

• 1 month later...

Yeah I wish they were real places because I'd LOVE to go there myself and meet the mane 6 and show them what my mark means (although I'm ranked blank flank) (acceptance) and show them things to come and the history of Equestria.

With all of that said if any of you feel the same way how do you deal with it? Because right now it kind of stinks, I’d love to live in Ponyville and bake a cake with Pinkie Pie or buck some apples with AppleJack, hell, I’d even go shopping with Rarity or something. The show is just so amazing. It sucks none of it can be real.

That's the effect of a T.V. series. A lot of people would love to spend a while in their favorite fantasy world that features their favorite characters. I want to go to Equestria just for the namesake of meeting Spike or Discord. Of course they are my favorite characters of the bunch, but I also have a special connection to the both of them that makes me want to be closer to them as real life friends, And not being able to do so pains me slowly.

Same thing for a certain movie of mine that I wish I could go meet. *COUGHRIOCOUGH*

I'll only like to go there if I was an actual pony, fit in with the rest of the herd y'know

Hmmm...I dunno; I would want to keep my human form (or at least be a dragon herp derp!) Just so I would be unique among the ponies there much like Spike, Zecora or others. 

I'll only like to go there if I was an actual pony, fit in with the rest of the herd y'know. smile.png

Heh. That'd be cool. I agree with that one.

They'd probably all freak out like I was an alien or something if I went there and was human.

But yeahh, I totally wish Equestria was real, dude! That'd be awesome! That'd mean Rarity would be real, Fluttershy would be real, Twilight, Pinkie, Applejack would all be real...

If it was real, I'd spend the rest of my life trying to find a way over there. :D

They'd probably all freak out like I was an alien or something if I went there and was human.

I'm sure after the Zecora fiasco that most of them would tend to trust new visitors or something that looks different and alien to them. Just a thought and since they should learn their lesson to not judge a book by it's cover and perhaps assume the good in things.

I'm stressed to keep my human form because I don't want to be a pony :D

I'm sure after the Zecora fiasco that most of them would tend to trust new visitors or something that looks different and alien to them. Just a thought and since they should learn their lesson to not judge a book by it's cover and perhaps assume the good in things.

I'm stressed to keep my human form because I don't want to be a pony biggrin.png

We walk on two legs, dude.

Two legs.

But still, I see what you mean. But still, dude, I'd rather be a pony if I were in Equestria. Yeahh, that'd be awesome.

Edited by ghostfacekiller39

We walk on two legs, dude.   Two legs.

Yeah, but so do Minotaurs (Iron Will) And Discord though he usual floats everywhere lol.

I wouldn't find walking on two legs weird at all, but I would find the clothing to be weird since we wear them all the time as opposed to them wearing it on occasion. 

But still, I see what you mean. But still, dude, I'd rather be a pony if I were in Equestria. Yeahh, that'd be awesome.

Yeah, I think that's every brony's dream to be a pony. It does sound great, but I just want to go against the norm and remain human (or at least be a dragon because dragons are cool)

Yeah, I think that's every brony's dream to be a pony. It does sound great, but I just want to go against the norm and remain human (or at least be a dragon because dragons are cool)

Dragons...

Once again, I have completely forgotten Spike was a character; he also walks on 2 legs.

Never fails me, man. Never fails.

• Brohoof 1