NavelColt

70 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was ok.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT <3

The title of this episode is wrong. You can never have too many Pinkie Pies.

True, but "Too Many Magic Mirror Pool Created Pinkie Clones" just doesn't have the same ring to it. :P

• Brohoof 4

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

As a fan of Pinkie Pie, i definitely enjoyed this one! One thing that bothered me is how one dimensional the other Pinkies were however, but I suppose it made sense in context. I also liked that this episode inspired me to create my facebook page, Pinkie Pie Army and gave me lots of room to have other admins that could be fellow Pinkie Pies with me! 

Either way, this is definitely one of my more enjoyable episodes and I still love it and like how it left enough of a mark to be called back to recently, though I won't spoil how here.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Probably the scariest thing about this episode was the fact that the original Pinkie went through the Pool and came out the other side to meet her first clone. Given the association between mirrors and portals already established by EqG and the comics, it is entirely probable that all the Pinkie clones were not created by the Mirror Pool but were teleported from identical alternate universes (possibly causing brain damage and resulting in their relative unintelligence). Taking this to be the case, then the original Pinkie, when entering the Pool, seemed to teleport from the original-Equestria universe to a secondary universe where one of her clones resided, as shown by her phasing from entering the Mirror Pool to exiting the Pool upon immersion in its water.

This implies that the original Pinkie ended up in an identical alternate universe (where the majority of the episode and the 'Pinkie test' took place), while the original-Equestria universe either found itself without a Pinkie Pie (if Twilight's spell destroyed clones) or with a Pinkie clone from the next universe over (if Twilight's spell reversed the Mirror Pool's alternate-universe teleportation). Thus, Twilicorn/Sombra/GlimGlam/McFlurry haters could almost-justifiably say that none of the show after this episode is any more canon than EqG, instead happening in the alternate universe that the original Pinkie Pie was teleported to.

TL;DR

Clones are evil.

Ponies are amoral.

Pinkie Pie broke the multiverse.

BEST EPISODE EVAR!!

Edited by Duality
  • Brohoof 2

• 5 weeks later...

This was one of my favorite episodes because....

"... The theory that when Pinkie Pie first entered the pool ..an alternate universe where she met herself... duplicates ..same alternate universe as when they started stepping in.. How do we know other Pinkie's didn't talk to each other about there own alternate universe thus explaining Pinkie Pie's freaky knowledge of everything she comes across. I know this may seem far-fetched, but it would also mean she just broke understands the laws of space time continuum."

Edited From:

There are allot of points like to bring up about this episode. For one I like to jump in on the theory that when Pinkie Pie first entered the pool ( and I hope I'm not reading too much in this) is it possible that she could have went to an alternate universe where she met herself. If so then the duplicates of her all went to that same alternate universe as she when they started stepping in as well. On another note how are we for certain that the other Pinkie's didn't talk to each other about there own alternate universe thus explaining Pinkie Pie's freaky knowledge of everything she comes across. I know this may seem far-fetched, but it would also mean she just broke the laws of space time continuum in a sense.

She is our favorite  quantum physicist - she totally has it figured out! Miss 3.14159 has a very special relationship with math! 

080a57fc836aafededd720e80e9f8964.jpg

• 2 months later...

The weird existential darkness of this episode is really interesting to me, but the humour doesn't really work as well. Probably the only time that I got a little tired of Pinkie Pie, as usually I find her delightful. Not sure what the issue is here; maybe just too many voices in one place, or maybe just that the Pinkies are supposed to be a little irritating. That scene where Pinkie questions her existence, though, remains unexpected for this show, and it really elevates the episode for me. 

• 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

In general, the catalyst here seems like kind of a non-issue, so it's hard to sympathize with Pinkie wanting to be everywhere at once. I mean, it's not impossible to relate to or anything, but the extreme lengths Pinkie goes to even before going to the mirror pool kinda nullify it a bit. Still, it's nice to see Pinkie maturing by the end, and I do like how much Pinkie's friends clearly care about her. Furthermore, this has a fair few funny moments, but it's also one of the noisiest Pinkie episodes, and this is still one of the few where it gets to be a bit much for me, simply because she's so loud and silly for so long that it just kinda turns into white noise. 

Honestly, though, I still enjoy this for its weird dark edges. A rampage of mentally simplified clones swarming your friends? Faintly terrifying. Pinkie starting to doubt her own authenticity? Oddly bleak. The high-stakes contest at the end, where Twilight blasts all losers in the face? A little disturbing. That last point is another issue I have, because it seems fairly prone to error, and we're never actually told why the clones are more likely to fail than the real Pinkie. But I just can't resist the bizarre darkness of it all. 

Score:

Entertainment: 6/10

Characters: 7/10

Story: 6/10

Themes: 7/10

Overall: 63/100

• 3 months later...

Even though i dont like Pinkie as much, i still found this Episode to be very funny with an interesting concept. But Pinkie was still annoying, so its just a meh. XD Even though i start to find her cute. So i guess my hatred towards her has faded a bit.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I found this episode to be hilarious.

”Fun! Fun! Fun! Fun!”

As for Pinkie herself, the slow dive into the lake was great. I also liked her wanting to push Rainbow Dash around in the lake on a float. it shows what kind of pony she is.

The end was creepy. I’m going to assume those Pinkies were not sentient or were just going back from where they came in a non-murderous way.

Despite some story problems, I love this episode. Almost every joke works and although it is strange, I like Pinkie's conflict of wondering if she's the real Pinkie

Score: 9/10

• 5 months later...

This is a really funny episode. A lot of the episode is carried by just Pinkie talking to herself. All of those scenes are hilarious. And so are most of the other scenes. This is a really funny episode. And I really like the test for the Pinkies. Sure, Twilight could've just asked a question that only the real Pinkie could answer, but that wouldn't have been entertaining. Having all of the Pinkies watch paint dry does make at least enough sense and it does work in the end, so it's not really an issue. Twilight shooting random Pinkies is something I could see people having an issue with (for good reason), but I found it to be really funny.

Something I do have an issue with is the how convenient it is that Spike just so happens to find a secret area in the library that just so happens to have the Legend of the Mirror Pool in it. I know Twilight has probably read every book in the library, but the legend being in a book she hasn't read is much easier to believe than conveniently coming across a secret compartment. And everyone dismissing the one Pinkie acting differently than all of the others is dumb too. But there's really no other way it could've gone without ending the episode right there. I guess the best thing the writers could've done is have the mane six give a better explanation as to why they don't think it's the real Pinkie. Maybe they say that she might be a defective clone and that's why she's acting different. That's not exactly a perfect justification, but it's better than "Pinkie can't stay still", which Twilight says just before giving a test requiring the Pinkies to stay still for a seemingly long time.

But those are very minor issues. Most of this episode is top tier Pinkie material. She's more than just stupid and hyperactive, but she's still energetic and fun. And the early season voice helps to keep it from getting annoying. It's very easy on the ears, especially when compared to something like Rock Solid Friendship.

Score: 9/10

• The topic was pinned
  • 6 months later...

A fun and surprisingly dark ep for a pinkie ep D: Been a while since I've watched it. Wasn't a huge fan originally, but it's grown on me.

The prospect of being doubly mare :D 

Flutter shudder

Apple sauce :P

Pinkie identity crisis is relatable :( 

Sending the real Pinkie to the mirror pool is so dark D:

"I found this one poking at the ground with her hoof drawing frowny faces." Dash shrugs and throws the Pinkie in with the others :p 

Orange frog

• Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...

This episode has some dark moments which I hadn't expected and at the same time also funny ones. So the balance is key. I think this episode had good but not a perfect balance. It has absolutely some memorable stuff like these names (Flutter shudder, apple sauce etc.), Pinkie breaking the laws of physics again , or just Pinkies head ticking like an alarm clock. I think the audience learned here a really valuable lesson not give Pinkie Pie bad ideas and just the bring the fun to her ;)

I like this episode but I can understand that not everybody likes it. It's also interesting to see later references to this episodes and the mirror pool. One can only wonders if they really found all the Pinkie Pies.

On 2021-01-13 at 12:43 AM, abrony-mouse said:

A fun and surprisingly dark ep for a pinkie ep D: Been a while since I've watched it. Wasn't a huge fan originally, but it's grown on me.

The prospect of being doubly mare :D 

Flutter shudder

Apple sauce :P

Pinkie identity crisis is relatable :( 

Sending the real Pinkie to the mirror pool is so dark D:

"I found this one poking at the ground with her hoof drawing frowny faces." Dash shrugs and throws the Pinkie in with the others :p 

Orange frog

It's very relatable. I felt sad for her :(

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Calling a Pinkie episode random is like calling water wet. :p

This episode is an interesting look at not only the dangers of more than one Pinkie Pie, but also a more complex subject. If there are so many of one thing, what makes the one stand out from the rest?

I think the idea of a mirror pool that duplicates you is pretty interesting. It's a shame that it never came back in future episodes.

There were a lot of good moments here. One of the more underlooked ones was watching Spike try to get out of helping Twi with her spell. This episode also got surprisingly dark at certain points. You have Pinkie's identity crisis at the end, plus the possibility that the real Pinkie got sent back to the mirror pool. I don't mind it. It makes a silly episode a lot more complex.

I enjoyed this one a lot. I think it's a rather underrated episode and I always get a kick out of it. :)

(By the way, you're going to hear me say "underrated" a lot throughout S3)

Edited by Cash In

• 1 year later...

Very funny episode to me with a deep undertone to it - that you can't always be there for everyone no matter how hard you try and you have to use your time wisely. I like the ending of it though, with Twilight exploding all the Pinkie Pie clones! lol. 

• 1 month later...

Pinkie Pie tries to have all the fun, can't, clones herself to make a fun conquering army, no one knows who the real Pinkie is, they do a test, destroy the clones, the End. It's a fairly simple yet effective Pinkie episode, showing how much she has that FOMO. I know how she feels, but her method is a bit extreme for me.

Twilight could've devise a better test to really make sure the only Pinkie left was the real one.

7/10, solid Pinkie episode, not real but good.