NavelColt

70 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was ok.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT <3

i love clone pinkies name for applejack applesauce hahaha. it was a good episode an i cant wait for the next one! but at the end what if that's not the real pinkie pie?!?! it wold make the next episode amazing! that will got to go and save pinkie pie

Wait.wait.wait.wait.wait...look at that Pinkie standing in the barn window, bottom right.

Is...is it just me (probably is) or does that pose look kinda familiar?

Probably. There were a lot of recycled animations for Pinkie that you can see in this episode for the various clones. The "real" Pinkie Pie's animations were all new for the most part as far as I'm aware, which is actually another interesting way to differentiate.

Oh was it a G3 face? I couldn't really tell.

Posted Image

Scary Pinkie is scary. Even scarier considering all of the G3 ponies look the exact same in the cartoons (i'm talking about early 2000 g3, not the "chibi" ponies that were being sold right before FiM) aside from their color palettes. Geez, now that's a fanfic waiting to happen...

Edited by Rarietty
  • Brohoof 2

That was epic. That has defiantly made me believe that season 3 will be super epically funtabouluously good. By far that may be my favourite episode now, Pinkies, Pinkies everywhere. And now for a screenshot.

post-4766-0-65563600-1353173686.png

Two doctor hooves in one scene. Plus there are quite a few other background ponies there are two of there, but I felt it was special to point at that there were two doctor hooves.

That's all I got, but this is by far my favourite episode because of how crazy and epic it is.

You know, the more I think about that scene at the end of the episode, with the paint drying and Twilight arguably outright executing Pinkie Pie after Pinkie Pie, it's really quite horrifying. It's going to haunt my nightmares even. She was so quick to do something that, relative to the rest of what we see in the series, is quite horrifically violent. We can't be sure if she was melting them down into the magical essence that spawned them, or just teleporting them back to the lake and then they disperse once they hit the lake, but...what would have happened to the "real" Pinkie if she'd cast that spell on her?

Would it have killed her?

Maybe it's just because I'm an older fan and am looking at this through some eyes that have seen so many horrible things in the news and in fiction and elsewhere, but each time I think about that scene, I can only be more and more horrified.

• Brohoof 6

I have to say that this episode is easier to appreciate with a repeat viewing, just a hilarious episode overall. Sure, I would have prefered something a little more serious, but this episode was a winner when it came to sheer, well, fun. ;)

And here are the screenshots:

Posted Image

Hey. Where did my coffee go?

Posted Image

Physics? Bitch I'm Pinkie!

Posted Image

Some people might ask why that bear is still alive. That's actually his cousin.

Posted Image

Mind.exe has performed an illegal operation and must shut down. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Posted Image

DEFEND THE 4TH WALL! THIS IS NOT A DRILL! I REPEAT: THIS IS NOT A DRILL!

Posted Image

...I got nothing for this one. Though that's the first time I've seen Applejack throw her hat on the ground in anger (that I remember).

Posted Image

That rolling pinkie is straight from S1E15: Feeling Pinkie Keen, ladies and gentlemen!

Now stare at the drying paint!

Posted Image

OR TWILIGHT WILL MAKE YOU IMPLODE OUT OF EXISTENCE!

Posted Image

HANDS! QUICK! SOMEONE GET LYRA!

Posted Image

PRINCESS TAP-DANCING CELESTIA ON A POGO STICK! KILLITWITHFIRE!!!

And that's all I can post. Image posting limit and all.

Pinkie defying physics, gotta love it.

You know, the more I think about that scene at the end of the episode, with the paint drying and Twilight arguably outright executing Pinkie Pie after Pinkie Pie, it's really quite horrifying. It's going to haunt my nightmares even. She was so quick to do something that, relative to the rest of what we see in the series, is quite horrifically violent. We can't be sure if she was melting them down into the magical essence that spawned them, or just teleporting them back to the lake and then they disperse once they hit the lake, but...what would have happened to the "real" Pinkie if she'd cast that spell on her?

Would it have killed her?

Maybe it's just because I'm an older fan and am looking at this through some eyes that have seen so many horrible things in the news and in fiction and elsewhere, but each time I think about that scene, I can only be more and more horrified.

Not a bad thought... then again, who's to say Pinkie Pie follows the laws of physics? We've all seen that she sneezes confetti, even. I'm guessing the writers just like toying around with Pinkie Pie's character, as it would no doubt cause some sort of eruption amongst bronies, making fun of the spectacle and all.

Right, see, I figured it had to be Granny Pie, but I kept hearing Nanny Pie--I listened to it like five times and it always sounded like Nanny Pie, hence my confusion. I hate watching episodes without subtitles sometimes because of stuff like this: I just confuse words so much.

Now that you bring it up, I assumed/heard for a second that it was Nanny Pie instead of the other, but that was probably because of the livestream airing in standard definition. Once the HD version on Youtube comes out, we'll have a confirmation.

• Brohoof 1

I had a similar thought too. But as bizarre and reckless as this seems to us, Twilight knows her close friend extremely well and was certain she would pass.

I'll give this episode four out of five stars. Besides the hilarity that ensues with so many Pinkie Pies, I enjoyed seeing so many one time animals and items again including the Daring Do novels, Tank, and the bear.

• Brohoof 1

This was amazing! It's great to see MLP go back to it's adventurous shenanigans again! This one bumped Pinkie back up to my favorite pony again. I can never make up my damn mind about my favorite! They're all just that awesome!

Oh and, am I the only one who was kind of freaked out during the Paint Drying scene, when Twilight just MOWED down the clones? That scene keeps reminding me of hostage situations, and whenever one of the hostages makes one little sound, BOOM.

Over all, great episode! Can't wait to see the next one!

• Brohoof 3

Alright, my opinion on this episode: AWESOME.

I mean, seriously, it was so god damned fun and cute, and I loved the contrast between the real pinkie and her counterparts.

Lastly, I wanted to make note of something, which is they portrayed rainbow dash BETTER in this episode, so I hope people recognize that.

• Brohoof 2

My running commentary on the piece of amazingness we just saw!

"Fluttershy, are you *gasp* doing anything *gasp* fun?!"

"...Not especially."

Oooo, big diss on Angel. He deserved it though.

I see a mysterious race of mutant oranges slowly overrunning Ponyville... xD

TWO PINKIES OMG. It's so much cuter than I imagined.

Pinkie chose her 'real' self to go visit Dashie...I like it when Dash talks normally or reacts to other ponies instead of talking about herself all the time. She has a mellower side.

I love how the new Pinkie is messing up the other ponies' names because she doesn't know them. "Applejock, Fluttershutter."

Oh my, it's getting out of control now. Equestria can't handle 4 Pinkies...I mean 7 Pinkies...I mean...OH NO.

Strange how Twilight didn't realize that the only Pinkie capable of being sad about this whole situation HAD to be the real one...

PINKIE HERDING! The Apple family are heroes. Weeding out the fake Pinkies, awesome...Twi's magic comes in handy again. And she blows smoke off her own horn, badass. AAAAGH! G3 FACE! Abandon thread! world ending!!!

Rainbow helps get rid of the last one, aww. Finally we're back to one Pinkie. And she's burned herself out.

I love, love, LOVED this episode.

• Brohoof 2

I have a few thoughts about the episode, separated into sections:

---

It might an indication of my nerdiness that some of my first thoughts while watching this episode were that Pinkie is learning the fundamental economic principle of scarcity. The principle of scarcity is that humans have only finite means with which to achieve infinite ends. In other words, there are infinitely many things that humans desire, but we are limited by the facts that our bodies are scarce, our time is scarce, and the material goods of the world are scarce, so we necessarily cannot obtain all of our desires. In light of this, humans are forced to choose which ends to pursue and how best to use our scarce resources to achieve those ends. From this knowledge come the concepts of costs, value scales, the demand curve, etc.

Maybe Twilight could have brought the idea of scarcity up when Pinkie was obsessing over finding a way to zip back and forth between Applejack's event and Rainbow Dash's event. Maybe at the end of the episode Pinkie could have written a letter to Princess Celestia saying:

"Dear Princess Celestia,

Today I learned firsthand about the economic principle of scarcity. Because I only have one body and a limited amount of time, I can't join all my friends in their separate fun activities simultaneously. I have to make a value judgment about which friend to hang out with, taking into account for each friend how fun the activity is, how often I have been and will be spending time with that friend, and the costs of foregoing the other opportunities for hanging out with my other friends. While it can be difficult to make value judgments like these, they ultimately must be made in order to satisfy my preferences to the maximum extent with my limited means.

Respectfully yours,

Pinkie Pie"

---

As I think about the episode, I'm not sure that the premise totally makes sense. I got the impression that Pinkie is bothered by the fact that she can't experience every possible fun activity available at a particular time; in other words, Pinkie's problem seems not to be so much concern that her friends may not have as much fun without her or concern that she will hurt her friends' feelings by choosing to hang out with one of them and not the others, but rather, concern that she is forced to choose which event to go to, and so she herself is not experiencing the maximum amount of fun.

Does making clones of herself solve that dilemma? The original Pinkie can still only go to one event, and the other events she chooses not to go to she can only know about through secondhand accounts given by her clones. Therefore, her dilemma is shifted from "Which event should I experience firsthand, foregoing the other events so that my friends can merely tell me about them secondhand later?" to "Which event should I experience firsthand, foregoing the other events so that my clones can merely tell me about them secondhand later?" It might solve the problem somewhat in that her clones can describe the events they went to as though she were there, but the original Pinkie still has to make a tough decision, and still cannot experience all the events firsthand.

---

This episode also seems to be predicated in part on the fact that Pinkie's clones are not actual clones of Pinkie; obviously they only seem concerned with having fun, and don't seem to have some of Pinkie's basic knowledge, personality, and desires other than having fun. Why is this so? If Pinkie's clones don't retain all of Pinkie's knowledge, desires, personality, etc., why do they seem to have some of these things but not others? What determines what Pinkie's clones do or don't know?

Also, since all of Pinkie's clones seem to have a single-minded obsession with having fun, lack certain knowledge that only the original Pinkie has, and don't necessarily follow the requests of her friends, it should have been a relatively simple task to determine the real Pinkie; the real Pinkie is the only one not solely concerned with having fun, the only one acting depressed, the only one concerned about the damage and dislike the clones are causing, the only one who taught the others as opposed to being taught, etc.

---

Finally, a couple of random observations:

Why is Twilight practicing difficult and potentially dangerous spells in a public area, rather than, say, in the privacy of the library after hours or even an empty field?

At first I thought Pinkie was saying "miracle" when she was actually saying "mirror pool." It wasn't until Twilight read "The Legend of the Mirror Pond" that I realized what Pinkie was actually saying.

• Brohoof 3

i was almost expecting Pinkie to have a revelation and see how annoying her hyperness can be to those around her, but im glad they didnt go in that direction with the episode. id miss her too much if they calmed her down

I think Pinkie realized it when they went swarming over Ponyville, but Hasbro knew better than to focus on that part when we've already known Pinkie for two years. ^^

Here's an idea: Twilight practicing turning apples into oranges is this episode's contribution to the season's overall theme and arc.

We saw in The Crystal Empire that Celestia and Luna want Twilight to reach her "true destiny" or something like that, that her magical power keeps growing. So this season does actually have an arc within it--it's just tied in simple moments that are buried within each episode. Twilight's apples to oranges spell is simply this episode's contribution to that, and we'll likely continue to see little things like that throughout the season. There will be much more major moments, such as the episode coming in two or three weeks, but I wouldn't be surprised if this turned out to be the case.

• Brohoof 3

I really enjoyed the episode, and I think it's funny that the plot is basically the exact opposite of Party of One.

Also...

Posted ImageHOW IS SHE DOING THAT?

Brony, please. It's Pinkie Pie, how do you think she does half the stuff she does? :P

That was epic. That has defiantly made me believe that season 3 will be super epically funtabouluously good. By far that may be my favourite episode now, Pinkies, Pinkies everywhere. And now for a screenshot.

post-4766-0-65563600-1353173686.png

Two doctor hooves in one scene. Plus there are quite a few other background ponies there are two of there, but I felt it was special to point at that there were two doctor hooves.

I don't know, looks more like Dr. Whoof and Time Turner to me. Still no Derpy though, I think perhaps somepony should mailbomb Hasbro if we don't see Derpy by next episode.

I thought the episode was pretty well executed, as it mocks the character traits of Pinkie Pie and makes her out to be a "monster" by having too much fun and blindly destroying everything in the process. I really thought it was quite an awesome spin on established material.

I especially liked how the clones in the end didn't even care about making other people have fun and kept on mispronouncing the other Mane 6 names (Applesauce and Fluttersheep lol). They were an even more bothersome bunch than the Parasprite invasion haha.

The ending scene was also very clever too, with all Pinkies watching the paint dry. Only the real Pinkie could have the least bit interest in watching paint dry in order to become one with her friends again. Also, yeah, I caught that face that one Pinkie clone made from the previous Generation......ugh, lol.

Great episode! Can't wait to see more!

That was pretty epic. Multiple Pinkie Pies is something I've seen a lot in fanfics/fanart and I should have guessed it'd become an episode. Even so, it was so well done. Pinkie Pie is usually energetic but she still has that mellow side when she is in trouble - like losing her friends. I have to give this episode full approval in the fun category (and all others). It helps that Part of One is one of my favorite episodes too. xD

Regarding that secret book Spike found...I wonder why it was locked up back there - other than the obvious danger of the pool. Does it contain anything else? Hmmm...

• Brohoof 1

Did anyone catch that Pinkie Pie dance that looked so suspiciously like gangnam style when the Pinkie Pies invaded Applejack's farm? Or am I just seeing things.

We also get to see Pinkie Pie's sleeping quarters for the first time unless I'm mistaken.

Edited by poniesforfun

Guess I'm one of the only ones who found the episode as a whole exceptionally dull? It just seemed rather simple and bland compared to previous episodes. Perhaps due to the fact that I'm not too fussed on Pinkie orientated episode but find she's amazing as a random support.

I'll watch it again to see how my view changes and see any little things I missed. Glad the majority seemingly ewnjoyed it though.

Edit: After rewatching (twice :/), I can see the appeal of the ep. I do like how pinkie was actually acting as though she cares and isn't a complete nut. I prefer this Pinkie to crazy 100% of the time Pinkie. Was relativly enjoyable.

Edited by Turtle Power

Nobody saw that weird gangnam style dance?

Well I thought the episode was great because the episode showed a more serious side of Pinkie Pie and that she wasn't just a bunch of random nothingness. +1 respect increased for Pinkie Pie.

Well ya see, when Pinkie Pie was at their tea party, her phyics breaking powers rubbed off on Harry ( :mellow: yes, I'm calling him Harry, Harry the bear, got a problem with that? B) ), thus allowing him to fit into the tree. It's science. -_-

Posted Image

Well when you have Scootaloo to explain it and Pinkie Pie as the answer. Who could possibly argue with this logic?

I don't know what else to say so here's a picture of an orange frog.

post-8163-0-37571000-1353179464.jpg

post-8163-0-37571000-1353179464.jpg

• Brohoof 2

Pinkie Pie is a manifestation of laughter itself, and for me that's exactly what she invoked in the episode. I hadn't laughed so much in quite a while!

These are the sorts of episodes which they need to keep on delivering - a plot focus on one of the ponies with seamless contributions from the others. The humour thrown in helps too, of course; Pinkie Pie defying physics is always a winner!

Oh, and did anypony else suddenly get a new respect/extreme fear for Twilight? She was RUTHLESS!