NavelColt

70 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was ok.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT <3

This was a very good episode in my opinion. Just pure cartoony fun, which is something the series definitely needs from time to time. I especially loved that Apple Fritter, Tank, and a Daring Doo book all had cameos.

I thought Twilight eliminating the clone Pinkies was pretty horrifying, though. I mean, sweet Celestia, the real Pinkie could have died if she broke concentration! But who knows, maybe Twilight's magic only does that to clones and the real Pinkie would have been unharmed. I do wish we could have gotten some more explanation on that spell.

I feel like this episode was really important to Pinkie's characterization, as it shows that she's not JUST about fun and has a true love of her friends. I never thought that wasn't the case, but I feel it needed to be shown anyway.

I really liked this episode. But, i have a question: If the plan to find the real Pinkie Pie was to see wich one could sit still the longest, wouldn't the one moping and drawing frowny faces have been a dead giveaway?

Oh and if you saw "Too Many Pinkie Pies", and you want to see Derpy in it, then search for "best day ever foxy noxy" on http://deviantart.com, & click on the picture titled "Best Day Ever".

Posted Image

• Brohoof 2

Here are my thoughts on the episode. Don't read if you don't want major spoilers:

Too many Pinkie Pie's thoughts.

This episode did everything right for me. When I said this episode would be heaven, it turned out it was.

The first thing I want to talk about is the magic mirror. The thing is, it's actually something from mythology.

What the magic mirror does is makes a clone of you when you pass through it. Of course, it was an actually mirror. Which made me skeptical when I found out Pinkie goes through a pond instead. However, the object copied isn't the exact same. The clone apparently doesn't have a soul. The clone Pinkies are kind like this. However, they are more like robots that are focused on fun instead of caring about anypony. So, now I mark this as another point for mythology.

Back to why this episode was heaven for me. It was an episode that was just like her old self. Her season 1 self. In season 2, she really only had character building episodes. She really wasn't too much of her cartoon self which was the reason I liked her so much in the first place.

In this episode, she had everything but one. She was breaking the fourth wall, being hilarious, and being her adorable self. The amount of times she was breaking the fourth wall and breaking physics was amazing.

Also, FINALLY!

For so long since over a barrel, Pinkie has called Rainbow Dash Dashie again! *Squees*

So much shipping fuel in this episode! SO much PINKIEDASH! :D

Clones themselves were adorable.

Also, as for the other mane 6, they were great as well. I liked how Rainbow Dash wasn't really mean to Pinkie Pie in this episode. Twilight trying to practice new spells is also a plus. Rarity didn't really get to much screen time. Fluttershy got to be with Harry the bear though. Applejack was ok.

If there was something that I didn't really like all that much was Twilight's test. Now, it was hilarious how the test was watching paint dry, but my irk with it was how basically so many things could go wrong. It just, didn't seem like the best test. Yet, I can't really think of any better test, so maybe I'm wrong.

Overall, best episode for me. Maybe could've thrown a song in there but was amazing nonetheless.

Giving it a solid 10/10, 5 stars, and two thu-hooves up. :D

Next episode is the bully episode. Can't wait to see how they handle it.

The episode was funny and good but it doesn't deserve a 10/10 or 5 stars. The episode itself was not that suitable for kids. ( "Smoke comming from Twilights Horn" is a weapon reference!) :blink:

Also the Purple paint is a Fanfic! Hasbro should not have included that!

Other wise the episode was great! With minor mistakes I rate it 8/10 and 4 stars! Just saying everyones else opion! :)

The episode was funny and good but it doesn't deserve a 10/10 or 5 stars. The episode itself was not that suitable for kids. ( "Smoke comming from Twilights Horn" is a weapon reference!) :blink:

Also the Purple paint is a Fanfic! Hasbro should not have included that!

Other wise the episode was great! With minor mistakes I rate it 8/10 and 4 stars! Just saying everyones else opion! :)

Really? Your flaws for this episode are:

1. A potential weapons reference? Seriously? Thats not even offensive.

2. Something thats impossible. It can't be possible. Based on a fanfic? Seriously?

Don't you all realize how old the watching paint dry joke is?

• Brohoof 1

I was just watching this episode again and got thinking... the writers missed what could have been one of the funniest moments in TV history.

Picture it- Pinkie is trying to figure out how to get more of her to go around. Rainbow is the one who knows the mirror pool legend, and goes off in search of it (without telling Pinkie). Then two Rainbow Dashes come back, and Pinkie reenacts the entire double rainbow video, including a third Dash passing by in the background for "it's starting to even look like a triple rainbow" :lol:

Then after Pinkie begs "what does this mean!? *sob* Please tell me! *sob* Tell me!", Dash tells her, they go to the pool, make some Pinkies, and while they're out having fun, some of the Pinkies go back to the pool, and chaos ensues as usual. It would still be pretty different since Dash would be the one who started it, but Pinkie and Dash are a pretty popular couple so that's not such a bad thing :)

This episode became my all-time favorite for Pinkie Pie alongside Season 1 - episode 25. It was hilarious, and it was totally worth watching. I died when the Pinkie clone made the G3 face. xD 

This has honestly been my favorite episode this season. I thought some parts were pretty hilarious. Although, it did get a little annoying listening to FUN! every five seconds. All in all, it's a good episode.

I really liked this episode. But, i have a question: If the plan to find the real Pinkie Pie was to see wich one could sit still the longest, wouldn't the one moping and drawing frowny faces have been a dead giveaway?

Oh and if you saw "Too Many Pinkie Pies", and you want to see Derpy in it, then search for "best day ever foxy noxy" on http://deviantart.com, & click on the picture titled "Best Day Ever".

Posted Image

OMG that is fantastic. MORE MUFFINS! MORE MUFFINS! Haha you gotta love Derpy and her muffins. And the best part of getting muffins out of the pool would be a complete lack of baked bads. :)

Posted Image

Is it just me or does Derpy look soooooooo cute with that muffin in her mouth?

• 2 weeks later...

I just had a really great idea. (too bad that they they're already working on the 4th season)

So I know a lot of people share my concern that the paint drying test wasn't full proof, I think they could have made a great surprise multi part story if it turned out that Twilight actually did send the real Pinkie to the other side. Then they could have the fake Pinkie acting slightly off for a couple of episodes before they realize latter on and have to find a way to rescue her. Nopony would see it coming!

I don't know, maybe the follow up episode would be too boring. *shrug*

Does anypony else think that this should be done at any of the future brony conventions?; round up as many Pinkie Pie cosplayers as possible and then possibly stampede/parade through one of the halls (whether this be in a convention center or a hotel lobby) while chanting "FUN! FUN! FUN! FUN! FUN!".

Me and one of my real-life brony friends were at a brony meetup in Disneyland on the day this episode aired, and he's the one who came up with this idea.

Edited by CinemaBrony
  • Brohoof 3

I personally kind of enjoyed this episode. Pinkie, as usual, made me laugh REALLY hard :lol: .

I especially loved the bird-orange and frog-orange however, the one scene that takes the cake would have to be when one of the Pinkies goes and inflates fingers on her hoof and another one reshapes her head in the style of the G1 ponies.

I lol'd too hard at that :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Perhaps I've been unfair to this episode. I called it inconsequential because it isn't deep but I've enjoyed episode that didn't have much in the way of depth to them before such as Hearts and Hooves Day and It's About Time. When it comes down to it, I don't care for this plot. Pinkie Pie cloning herself- that premise holds little appeal to me. Sure, they could have pulled it off in a way that grabbed me but they didn't. But that's more of a personal thing than a real complaint. But what serious issue I take with this episode is still the ending, their plan was stupid and reckless and Twilight is smarter than this. Altogether, it was a decent episode that I have to have at least some grudging respect for.

Edited by ByTheTides

I thought the episode was hilarious! At the end with the one reference to the G1 MLP when the Pinkie made her face look like one of the classics, and, to be honest, it was a little creepy when that last Pinkie grew fingers  :blink:

• Brohoof 1

Thought I give the heads up to those who have downloaded the episode from iTunes that Apple has sent out an email indicating that some copies of the episode may have had some noticeable quality issues and a replacement copy is available to download free of charge.

It looks like someone at Hasbro or the Hub has been given a grilling or two over the glitched episodes, and it's starting to look like that the later episodes in this season that may have also been affected may start to get replacement copies.

• 4 weeks later...

I'd like to say that every episode of MLP is equally awesome, but this one just stood out! Rainbow Dash with no wings, chameleon ponies, simply FUN! FUN! FUN! overloadness, the famous G3 face, and just overal epicness. Great episode! :D

• 2 weeks later...