NavelColt

70 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was ok.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT <3

There's been a 6th Day violation in Ponyville.  :)

This was an awesome episode.  Time and again I am impressed with the quality of sci-fi and fantasy elements in this show.  I mean, you got It's About Time, the Crystal Empire, and now this one.  For a kids show, they really crank out some respectable, quality sci-fi and fantasy stories.  And they seemlessly blend episodes like these with more sentimenal, simple ones, like A Friend in Deed, my favorite Pinkie spotlight.

There's a lot I love about Too Many Pinkie Pies.  First off, when I saw the title, I figured this was gonna be about Pinkie running Sugarcube corner and making a huge mess of a big pie order and getting into a bunch of baking shennanigans and blabbity blah.  Boy was I pleasantly surprised.  Holy smokes.  I loved the whole idea of the test to find the real Pinkie.  It seemed to me that each generation of clones got progressively dumber.  Obviously, the real Pinkie was the only one that cared enough about her friends to make sure she didn't fail the test.  I think they did a great job showing how her caring for her friends came through.  But I also like how, technically, one could still postulate that maybe there's no way to know which one is the real Pinkie.  After all, each one seemed to believe that she was in fact the real Pinkie.  They're all basically 6th Day clones.  Perhaps the surviving Pinkie wasn't the original.  But if they're all truely identical, then does it matter?  I love sci-fi philosophy.

But, obviously, they established that the real Pinkie was the only one who appeared to be saddened over the prospect of losing her friends.  The others seemed to be more simple minded versions.  So it's pretty safe to say they got the right one in the end.  But the whole idea of the 6th Day clones also raises interesting ethical dilemas.  If the clones did in fact believe they were all the real Pinkie, then is there guilt in banishing them back to the pond?  If they all care about their friends, then do they have just as much of a right to live as the original?  Is it cruel or unethical to "kill" them?  It's like the end of the 6th Day; each Adam Gibson is identical, each one has the same memories, and therefore, from a certain point of view, each one has a rightful claim to the life and family of Adam Gibson.  Yet one Adam has to accept that he can never again have the life that he still remembers.  The Pinkie clones were a little different, but the ethical conundrum is still there from a certain point of view.

The fact that one can even make comparisons and analyses like these speaks volumes about the show's quality storylines.  A+ episode.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
(edited)

This has got to be my favourite episode so far. My favourite part are when they storm Rainbow Dash, and Applyjack with their "Fun, fun, fun" war chant. xD 

Edited by Dovashy
  • Brohoof 2

• 1 month later...

The competition scared me because I put myself into that position and I would just be so scared I would be desperate and what if I looked away for one second I would lose everything forever I don't even know what I'd do, I'm so glad cloning is impossible.

• 2 months later...

So I just watched this and 4 other epsidoes. I have to say for a Pinky pie ep it was good. One thing I didn't get though is how Rainbow Dash could find the Mirror Pond making duplaces thing impossible. I was like hello, you live in a world of magic. XD The best part of this episode was seeng the real Pinky-Pie act normal. she reaizes that it was huge mistake he made and felt horrid for what she did. Granted she though she was a clone, typical pinky. XD I would give this epsidoe a 3.5/5 Becuase I think they sudda just had a lil more stuff going on, but with that manny pinkies running a mock, it's hard to make an episode with that and a subplot.

• 4 weeks later...

Ah all the intense tensions of Canterlot Wedding and Crystal Empire are behind us. And now we get back to the more simple adventures.

This was a funny episode with multiple Pinkie's. Oh and it had Pinkie with fingers and also G3 Pinkie. How can you not like a gag referencing G3?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

And as my first act with this new authority, I will create a grand army of the Equestria Republic to counter the increasing threats of the Griffins.

*clone theme with fun fun fun mix in*

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Does anyone else find it disturbing that, from this episode onwards, we have no way of knowing if Pinkie Pie is the same one with which the series began? For all we know, the original could have been blasted into the pool after losing focus (for any reason), and the one that remained is a clone (maybe the first one) that learned to take over her life. Specially considering her shift of personality from this season onwards.

Does anyone else find it disturbing that, from this episode onwards, we have no way of knowing if Pinkie Pie is the same one with which the series began? For all we know, the original could have been blasted into the pool after losing focus (for any reason), and the one that remained is a clone (maybe the first one) that learned to take over her life. Specially considering her shift of personality from this season onwards.

*Mind gets Blown*

Can we just talk about this for a second?

img-3588978-1-hqdefault.jpg

Maybe it's this one. Wait a second. G3 IS INVADING G4! This is an act of war! Bronies unite! lol

one cannot simply have too many pinkie pie's.

True, very very True. Too many Pinkies is a paradox

• 2 weeks later...

I am going to try to keep this as spoiler free as possible because I don't know how to make a spoiler box, so be warned. Most people aren't going to read this so I am going to reiterate this in large letters.

WARNING

SPOILERS AHEAD!

A lot of episodes suffer from a lack of Pinkie. No one can say that this episode suffers from a lack of Pinkie. Pinkie shows a lot of character growth in this episode. She realizes that sometimes having fun isn't always an the best thing. Being a friend means that sometimes you might not do what you want to do. I also love it when references are made to mythology. I am a bit of a nerd when it comes to this kind of stuff. However, I don't understand why all of the ponies in Ponyville went to Twilight instead of Mayor Mare, or any if the Pinkies. I also don't understand how nopony realizes that one Pinkie is acting completely different from the rest. The only explanation that I can think of is that the Mane 6 don't trust that Pinkie cares about them enough for her to not want fun. These small details that doesn't really affect the show, but it bugs me. All in all I would rate it at 4 out of 5 stars.

Edited by FlutterFly761

• 1 month later...

It was rather entertaining, but it was mostly that, I did not really enjoy the plot, so the episode was ok in all :T. 

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

There are allot of points like to bring up about this episode. For one I like to jump in on the theory that when Pinkie Pie first entered the pool ( and I hope I'm not reading too much in this) is it possible that she could have went to an alternate universe where she met herself. If so then the duplicates of her all went to that same alternate universe as she when they started stepping in as well. On another note how are we for certain that the other Pinkie's didn't talk to each other about there own alternate universe thus explaining Pinkie Pie's freaky knowledge of everything she comes across. I know this may seem far-fetched, but it would also mean she just broke the laws of space time continuum in a sense.

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...