NavelColt

70 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was ok.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT <3

First off, that was possibly one of the most hilarious episodes we've ever had. The concept of taking the funniest character, and multiplying her simply is just asking for it. I can't even count all the fandom phenomena this will cause on one hand!

And how about that Pinkie G3 face, huh? Best brony shoutout yet? xP

Well, back to the episode at hand. I thought it was hilarious all over. It was a concept that had to be done for a good while now. I'm glad I got to see it unravel before my very eyes. The numerous clones of Pinkie's persona reacting to eachother was just amazing to see. And of course, we got the first letter to Celestia in a good while, and the message was good as usual.

Overall great start to the season. I hope we get as much awesomeness next week!

• Brohoof 2

First off, that was possibly one of the most hilarious episodes we've ever had. The concept of taking the funniest character, and multiplying her simply is just asking for it. I can't even count all the fandom phenomena this will cause on one hand!

And how about that Pinkie G3 face, huh? Best brony shoutout yet? xP

Well, back to the episode at hand. I thought it was hilarious all over. It was a concept that had to be done for a good while now. I'm glad I got to see it unravel before my very eyes. The numerous clones of Pinkie's persona reacting to eachother was just amazing to see. And of course, we got the first letter to Celestia in a good while, and the message was good as usual.

Overall great start to the season. I hope we get as much awesomeness next week!

I will admit, seeing them make fun of G3 is one of the greatest fandom shout-outs we've ever had, maybe even the best one since Derpy talked, although admittedly, I'm having a hard time remembering some of the other ones that came after that.

Definitely one of the funniest episodes we've ever had, and I very much look forward to re-watching it later today! It's gonna be FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: Maybe I'll even catch a Derpy cameo that I missed (can't recall seeing her, but, to be fair, I didn't get to pause the video at any point, so maybe she popped up somewhere and I just didn't see it!).

Looking forward very much to next weeks episode, which, if I recall correctly, should be the first CMC episode of the season, and might actually address bullying, a subject which I'm sure the show will handle wonderfully!!! :)

• Brohoof 2

How do we know that this is the real Pinkie? For sure?

I thought that they were going to have a twist or something where the last Pinkie got their names messed up. What was the point of including that?

Then again, I thought the end twist of A Canterlot Wedding would be that a changeling managed to infiltrate the mane 6 somehow, so whatever.

Enjoyable episode, would watch again.

Looking at what everyone is saying, this really is an episode more for Pinkie Pie fans.

As Pinkie Pie fans see it as one of the best Pinkie Pie episode, even the best episode ever!

While others see it as just Pinkie Pie being 100x annoying.

Seeing how I'm a Pinkie Pie fan, I'm the first one.

The jokes were also executed perfectly. More mythology is a plus.

• Brohoof 3

The universe will implode with mass amounts of Pinkie!

I want this mirror...

Me: WILLIAM 24 STOP MAKING NUCLEAR BOMBS!

William 24: Nah

William 49: We discovered the meaning of life haha!

*everyone dies from a thermonuclear blast :'(*

How did the bear fit into the tree? Even the ponies had to duck down to get in.

Well ya see, when Pinkie Pie was at their tea party, her phyics breaking powers rubbed off on Harry ( :mellow: yes, I'm calling him Harry, Harry the bear, got a problem with that? B) ), thus allowing him to fit into the tree. It's science. -_-

Posted Image

• Brohoof 1

I won't lie, I'm kinda disappointed that there isn't a musical number where all of the Pinkie clones sing together. :mellow:

Overlooking that, this has to be my favorite Pinkie episode. Everything just came together so awesomely. The animation (I was so in awe because of the background of the mirror pond thing, BTW, did Pinkie shout MIRACLE or MIRROR POOL when she first went there? :huh: ), the voice acting, the humor (particularly the visual humor), the emotional aspect. Everything.

The only thing that ruined for me was the GAK commercial and Google Chrome crashed because of the countless chat users spamming GAKGAKGAK. I was able to get back on Bronystate right when the commercials were done, but Bronystate should really make a better rule about that.

Edited by Rarietty

Firstly, this episode was pretty hilarious most of the way through, with the exception of near the end where I was so horrified I had to pause the screen for a solid minute before continuing.

It starts out in a way I find intriguing. How did Pinkie's Granny Pie(is that what she said? It was either Granny or Nanny--my hearing couldn't discern) know about the lake to begin with? Who can say? But whatever the case, Pinkie went, found it, and started using it, and her clones were much more like...well they felt like completely flanderized versions of her. In fact, that was probably part the point: to parody the way the fandom writes her in such a one dimensional manner all the time.

The humor carries itself well. It's going to take a second viewing to be able to figure out whether or not it holds up to repeated viewings, but at least it was funny as hell the first time through.

There were some odd moments though. Why is that book on the secret legend hidden away in a secret compartment, but the Elements of Harmony book isn't? For that matter, what else is in that book? I wouldn't mind seeing that book again in the future, if there's more to it than just what we saw. Why was Twilight trying to turn apples into oranges? Why didn't Rainbow Dash figure out who the "real" Pinkie was the instant Dashie saw she was acting all depressed?

Then there was that spell that Twilight used to send them back into the lake. That was a little horrifying to witness. As I said I paused my copy of it for a solid minute, slack-jawed.

But we also got to see some fun continuity nods, even if other bits of continuity were a little bit ignored. We saw Tank again!

post-1234-0-38055300-1353170376_thumb.png

Then there was an odd animation error: a mysterious pony appearing in one scan of the Applejack barn raising scene that wasn't there otherwise:

post-1234-0-26360000-1353170471_thumb.png

Here we can see that green haired mare that is in most of the scene.

post-1234-0-30042400-1353170483_thumb.png

So who is this?

Beyond that we had some other funny moments but I'm going to have to post those later because my internet connection is being even more of a piece of crap than usual.

• Brohoof 7

Oh was it a G3 face? I couldn't really tell.

Anyway, now that I think about it, this ep was really quite funny, I certainly laughed out loud more times then I'd care to admit. Still, with the rather cliche' plot it was still one of the weaker episodes imo, I think I'll need to rewatch it a few times to really look at how it all fits together.

the main thing that struck me was that there is a fan fic around called "pinkie watches paint dry" and what happened in this episode? exactly that possibly brony influence? funny either way

i liked this episode a lot, it was hectic and crazy

And here are the screenshots:

Posted Image

Hey. Where did my coffee go?

Posted Image

Physics? Bitch I'm Pinkie!

Posted Image

Some people might ask why that bear is still alive. That's actually his cousin.

Posted Image

Mind.exe has performed an illegal operation and must shut down. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Posted Image

DEFEND THE 4TH WALL! THIS IS NOT A DRILL! I REPEAT: THIS IS NOT A DRILL!

Posted Image

...I got nothing for this one. Though that's the first time I've seen Applejack throw her hat on the ground in anger (that I remember).

Posted Image

That rolling pinkie is straight from S1E15: Feeling Pinkie Keen, ladies and gentlemen!

Now stare at the drying paint!

Posted Image

OR TWILIGHT WILL MAKE YOU IMPLODE OUT OF EXISTENCE!

Posted Image

HANDS! QUICK! SOMEONE GET LYRA!

Posted Image

PRINCESS TAP-DANCING CELESTIA ON A POGO STICK! KILLITWITHFIRE!!!

And that's all I can post. Image posting limit and all.

Edited by Xidphel
  • Brohoof 6

post-9526-0-74541200-1353170527_thumb.jpg

They came.

I'm a Pinkie Pie fan, however I would not call this my favorite Pinkie episode. (Better imo than the premiere.) I think A Friend Indeed and Baby Cakes were better, in terms of diversity and originality in gags. (Her pig song blew me away) I felt the clones gags didn't really count, as it wasn't her. Plus if you noticed, a lot of them were reuses of previous animations, which make sense. I did like how she was slumpy towards the end, only because it shows that she isn't all about fun, but rather her friendships and how they affect others. That's what makes this episode notable.

Lastly,

• fingers
  • G3
  • Daring Do
  • gravity
  • Where was Derpy?
  • Brohoof 4

post-1234-0-26360000-1353170471_thumb.png

Wait.wait.wait.wait.wait...look at that Pinkie standing in the barn window, bottom right.

Is...is it just me (probably is) or does that pose look kinda familiar?

Edited by PoisonClaw

the main thing that struck me was that there is a fan fic around called "pinkie watches paint dry" and what happened in this episode? exactly that possibly brony influence? funny either way

i liked this episode a lot, it was hectic and crazy

I would like to point out something to all the people who think it's a reference to that fic.

Why would they reference that fic of all the things?

It's not THAT popular of a fanfic. So, it may be an enjoyable one, but why would they choose something that not most bronies know about?

Not a great episode, but there was plenty of good humor in this episode as expected. I loved how out-of-place Harry the bear looked at the picnic and when Pinkie broke physics as she jumped into the water.

Also, this:

Posted Image

• Brohoof 7

I would like to point out something to all the people who think it's a reference to that fic.

It's not THAT popular of a fanfic. So, it may be an enjoyable one, but why would they choose something that not most bronies know about?

its just a very interesting coincidence is all, thats all im saying

• Brohoof 1

Firstly, this episode was pretty hilarious most of the way through, with the exception of near the end where I was so horrified I had to pause the screen for a solid minute before continuing.

It starts out in a way I find intriguing. How did Pinkie's Granny Pie(is that what she said? It was either Granny or Nanny--my hearing couldn't discern) know about the lake to begin with? Who can say? But whatever the case, Pinkie went, found it, and started using it, and her clones were much more like...well they felt like completely flanderized versions of her. In fact, that was probably part the point: to parody the way the fandom writes her in such a one dimensional manner all the time.

Oh no, that was indeed Granny Pie she was referring to. If you watch the first episode (second part), even the No Fear song stated that "Granny Pie told me that wasn't the way to deal with fears at all".

And good eye. Was this to shed light on what people perceive Pinkie Pie to be all the time? She was quite annoying when I first saw her on screen, and never really appreciated her until the Gilda episode. She was always too hyper for my taste and didn't really demonstrate true fun behaviour until when RD and her went on that pranking spree in the Gilda episode. I think this also sheds light on how thankful we should be to have multi-dimensional characters rather than shallow ones... it would be a bad show otherwise.

Now that we have experienced those clones and their... shallow characters, this could explain why I wasn't too keen on this episode unlike you (no offense). I guess the clones annoyed me more than I expected them to, but this was a funny episode nonetheless.

So who is this?

That looks like Apple Fritter (the green maned mare), but this one would seem to indicate that it's Orange Wafer. Then again, the cutie marks don't match in the case of the latter. I'm guessing that Orange Wafer (assuming it's her) was doing something to the trees and wasn't spotted in the main area... or it could be just a colouring error on the animators' parts.

Oh, and Fancy Pants! Fancy Pants was there, but why was he in Ponyville? Might he have been there to see some of Rarity's new designs? Maybe just visiting Rarity?

You would not believe how many people on Facebook made all sorts of lewd references to him being in Ponyville, if you catch my drift. He certainly came over to "visit" all right :lol:

• Brohoof 1

1. Her clones were much more like...well they felt like completely flanderized versions of her. In fact, that was probably part the point: to parody the way the fandom writes her in such a one dimensional manner all the time.

2. Why is that book on the secret legend hidden away in a secret compartment, but the Elements of Harmony book isn't? For that matter, what else is in that book? I wouldn't mind seeing that book again in the future, if there's more to it than just what we saw.

3. Why was Twilight trying to turn apples into oranges?

4. Then there was that spell that Twilight used to send them back into the lake. That was a little horrifying to witness. As I said I paused my copy of it for a solid minute, slack-jawed.

1. Wow, I hadn't even thought of it as a fan-nod, but honestly, you might be right! If so, then that would be simultaneously one of the most epic nods to the fandom as well as one of the funniest pokes at the fandom that I've ever seen!!! :lol:

2. I wondered about the hidden compartment as well; I mean, there has to be a good reason it was hidden away, right? Maybe, like you said, it'll come up again later in the season, and if so, perhaps it contains information on obscure legends of Equestria, especially in and around Ponyville and the Everfree Forest, since, considering Pinkie's Granny told her about it, it seemed to indicate that it was more of a local legend, rather than some widely known legend all across Equestria.

3. Oh that's easy. FOR SCIENCE!!! B)

Posted Image

4. Yeah, I'm not gonna lie, I was a bit taken aback by that as well. I mean, I figured they'd just dump them back into the pool or something, or at least she'd just teleport them back, but that? That was a bit violent and disturbing, honestly. :unsure: I mean to be fair, I doubt that any kids are going to be particularly bothered by it, and I really can't think of how else they could've handled it, so I guess we should've seen this coming. In fact, I even was wondering all week how they were going to get rid of the Pinkie Clones, since I figured they would, and I had a sneaking suspicion that however they did it, it was going to be uncomfortable and unpleasant to witness to some extent. But, it could of been worse, right? I mean, they could of just done this instead:

Posted Image

Now THAT would've been terrifying!!! B)

• Brohoof 2

It may not be the most popular fic, but it is one of the highest rated on fimfiction, so there is an infinitesimal chance that someone was looking for a well received fic and read it.

But yeah, it's probably a coincidence. People write so many fics that this isn't even close to the first time one has predicted something.

Still cool though

Well, I've got some funny screenshots for all of you here too, if you'd like. They are hopefully different from ones already posted--I haven't read through this whole thread yet:

Posted Image

Fluttershy's kissy face.

Posted Image

Pinkie, this is why you don't drink so much, so you don't have hangovers like this.

Posted Image

Is it just me, or is wet-haired Pinkie really super cute?

Posted Image

Pinkie feels this clone fails to pass an important inspection.

Posted Image

Oh you know you're gonna be seeing this everywhere in fanfiction of a nature not meant for younger viewers.

@: Right, see, I figured it had to be Granny Pie, but I kept hearing Nanny Pie--I listened to it like five times and it always sounded like Nanny Pie, hence my confusion. I hate watching episodes without subtitles sometimes because of stuff like this: I just confuse words so much.

Edited by Kyronea
  • Brohoof 5

Posted Image

What the... is that a trollface?

Did I just...

Did I just see... a Pinkie Pie clone growing fingers? Was she spending time with Lyra before all this?

I was thinking more along the lines of PARTY.MOV, where Pinkie is hyped up on coke and one of her hooves sprouts a finger and starts tapping on a park bench. The voice actors don't watch that kind of stuff, but what about the writing staff?

But heres one that I noticed.... where was Derpy? I wasn't being vigilante for her, but I didn't see her anywhere at all. Kinda scares me to be honest.

Yeah, I'm really getting worried too. Are they trying to get rid of her after all that mess with The Last Roundup? I shudder to think.

It's so great that they start off the regular episodes with a Pinkie Pie episode.

As for the episode, I thought it was a pretty good episode. Pinkie Pie was very funny in this episode. The multiple Pinkie Pie's invading Ponyville was just crazy and something that we all thought would happen one day. This episode also felt like Hasbro is trying to give us more ideas to think about and to come up with. Like Pinkie Pie growing fingers on her hoof or changing into a different generation pony. The episode was also super cute. Overall this is going to be the fun episode of season 3.

The down side to the episode was, it just felt it could have been resolved very easily. All they had to do was pick the Pinkie Pie that was not acting like the clones. It just felt kinda weak. Also it would have been more funny to see how the other Pinkie Pies bothered the other Town ponies.

Still it was a good Pinkie Pie episode that made her feel like the more random pony we all know and love. Great episode.

One more down side, no Pound Cake or Pumpkin Cake. They may not be able to do much, but it would have just been good to use them in some way. They could have gotten sad for their being to many Pinkie Pie's or they could have found the real one.

Edited by pinkiefan1287
  • Brohoof 3