NavelColt

70 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was ok.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT <3

Saw the episode. Of course I liked it. It's Pinkie Pie. :)

The bird-orange and frog-orange were funny, but that kind of raises a question if you look too much into it? How do they see? Hear? Where are their organs? :huh:

The G1/2/3/whatever face was hilarious too. I'd been told about it, but I'm intent on keeping myself from being spoiled on stuff, so I really don't watch preview clips/etc.

It's a solid episode, though it isn't the best episode out there. It's one of those single-premise ones where nothing much other than, well, the single premise happens, but it works because that premise is entertaining.

So far, it seems Spike is getting a bigger role in season 3. And I like that, because he's a good character that kinda gets ignored. :(

When PP was sad/depressed in this episode,why didn't her hair turn flat straight?

I hope that TS finds that orange-frog,and turns it back to normal .

I think that the Pinkie clones are made of some type of rubber-plastic material,because of the hoof-fingers and the G3 face. The real PP,or the other ponies can't do that,being made of flesh and bones.

Why were there stairs in the bear's cave?

this episode was soooooo good. I loved the part where pinkie defied gravity, the part where her clones destroy apple jacks work, and she was like ooh good, I didn't miss anything! and ofcourse the G3 reference. Great episode! so I good I think I wanna watch it again already :lol::)

When PP was sad/depressed in this episode,why didn't her hair turn flat straight?

I hope that TS finds that orange-frog,and turns it back to normal .

I think that the Pinkie clones are made of some type of rubber-plastic material,because of the hoof-fingers and the G3 face. The real PP,or the other ponies can't do that,being made of flesh and bones.

Why were there stairs in the bear's cave?

It's mostly fanon that her hair straightens whenever she gets sad. It only ever happened in Party of One (I think) and she's been sad or depressed and kept the curly hair before. Maybe it only happens in really extreme circumstances, although given that it's Pinkie Pue I don't know if we can expect a logical pattern ;)

The part where the Pinkie clone changed her face into a G3 pony cracked me up.

liek, srsly, I haven't laughed like that in a while.

This right here. I have never laughed out loud so hard in so long. I saw that and it was like someone divided the universe by zero.

That was definitely an exceedingly entertaining and insanely paced episode. I liked it.

Apart from the tons of Pinkie Pie clones and all their craziness, there were also several cool smaller moments in the show. Twilight, trying to turn apples into oranges. And then turning a bird and a frog into oranges because if Pinkie. Rainbow Dash reading, and her and Pinkie actin' like bros.

And, the secret compartment Spike found in the library that contained the book was definitely intriguing. I felt like, that part, it may have been foreshadowing something... just like the book at the end of episode two...

...Also, MORE EVERFREE FOREST! YAY! THE CLONING LAKE WAS AWESOME!

It was a decent Pinkie-centric episode, although I agree that it seems a little strange that they didn't include a Pinkie song. Not that I mind, since I posted last week about the two-parters having too many songs.

The premise has also been done with Calvin and Hobbes, including the clones making more clones and the original finding out that the clones are more trouble than they're worth:

Calvin: "Okay, Duplicate, you stay here and tidy my room, while Hobbes and I go play outside."

Duplicate: "What? Forget it! Find some other sucker to do your dirty work!" <runs away>

Calvin: "Hey! Come back here!"

<beat>

Hobbes: "He's a duplicate of you, alright."

Calvin: "What do you mean? This guy's a complete jerk!"

Some interesting points:

Fancy Pants in Ponyville and he's not with Fleur? The only reason for him to be there would be Rarity. Hmm... shippers on deck! :D It seems to be a surprise visit too, since Rarity would surely not have worn something "not her best work" if she'd known he be paying her a visit.

Derpy is missing for one episode and her fans go into panic mode. Okay, I know, not really, but I don't think you have to worry about it. She'll be somewhere in the next episode.

Of course the book about the Mirror Pool was hidden. Just look at the damage Pinkie managed to do with it. That's a pretty dangerous magic.

Edited by Full Spectrum

It was a very funny episode. I still think they should've done an ending where the real Pinkie Pie was sent away of course that episode would be non-canon but i personally think that would make for a pretty dark episode.

Edited by ~Chaotic Harmony~

This episode was freakin' awesome; definitely made for the fans.

My personal favorite part was pinky jumping into the pond quietly. "weeeeee.."

This right here. I have never laughed out loud so hard in so long. I saw that and it was like someone divided the universe by zero.

It was much worse than divide by zero... it was more like √-n/-0

Edited by Rainbow Dashey
  • Brohoof 1

Derpy is missing for one episode and her fans go into panic mode. Okay, I know, not really, but I don't think you have to worry about it. She'll be somewhere in the next episode.

Of course we're in bloody panic mode, she's been missing for THREE episodes, not just one! Time to get #SaveDerpy trending again?

Of course we're in bloody panic mode, she's been missing for THREE episodes, not just one! Time to get #SaveDerpy trending again?

I thought someone had spotted her in one of The Crystal Empire Episodes? Her standing in line somewhere? Did they lie to me? I don't know.

Derpy is there. When Twilight exits the library, the back of her head and mane appears in the background.

As for the episode, hardcore hilarity. So much slapstick that fits Pinkie Pie so well. Her running, pinball fall, the clock, and the fourth wall reference.

Favorite moments:

1. The orange blue jay and frog. But I laughed larder from the frog croaking after he was turned to the orange.

2. That low "wheeeeeee" followed by that slow descent to the water.

3. Actions from two cloned Pinkies, one being able to blow a hoof and make the other become an actual hand and the other changing her face to look like a G3 character. Mother of God, did they crack me up hard from those two, especially the latter! XD

Excellently done! XD

I swear i saw a Pinkie Pie clone doing the gangnam style dance that was one part that was hillarious to me.

To be honest i really like it when Pinkie Pie acts somewhat depressed it's Out of character for her but i find it interesting when she acts like that.

I was actually getting nervous near the end of the episode, like, "TWILIGHT DON'T DO THAT PINKIE HAS A SHORT ATTENTION SPAN OH GOD THIS IS BAD THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU'RE DOING".

From the point when the first clone was made to the end, I was suspicious about which Pinkie was real. I thought the actual Pinkie walked out of the mirror pool, not the clone, which confused me until the clone messed up the names. Still, even though all the clones were shown to be brainless FUN!heads, I say that there's a possibility that a one(maybe two?) of them might have been exactly like the real one, or learned to be that way.

Which brings me to my very firm, new headcanon that Twilight did actually send the real Pinkie- who was having a blast- back into the mirror pond, and they kept a clone that simply learned to care for her friends and wasn't obsessed with all things FUN!.

It has absolutely no basis other than the fact that twist endings are my favorite, but I don't care. 0:>

• Brohoof 1

Fun ep. I loved that it had good ol' slapstick (Pinkie falling flat on her face when landing in the Clone Lake cavern, all the Pinkie clones acting like balloons when Twi uses her magic, etc) and clone-antic episodes in shows generally are enjoyable. I guess I like the hecticness.

All the Pinkies reminded me of Posted Image

Except FUN instead of MINE.

I thought the same thing.

It showed a side of Pinkie that I think all of us bubbly creatures can relate to. We want to do all this stuff, and make everybody happy, but when we just simply can't make EVERYONE happy, we get really sad and feel left out. I loved how it showed Pinkie fearing that she might be sent away forever.... How truly upset that made her. She made a mistake and in the end, she stuck it out and put her friends before her interests. It was kind of freaky, all those Pinkies all at once! Hahahaha But I enjoyed this episode. Maybe season three will do this more often: Put the focus on one pony and her inner trials and the she would be the pony who writes to Princess Celestia instead of having Twilight write to her every time. ;)

• Brohoof 3

Best. Episode. Ever. Just as I predicted! Now, some normal episode chat. Spoilered for spoilers.

The part where one of them says "I bet you can't make a face crazier than this", kinda freaked me out. It was obvious that Faust did that on purpose to make fun of the old version. *shudders* Also, I could tell who the real Pinkie was all along. She was the one who was all depress-ed. I think it was kinda funny how Rainbow just tossed Ms. Realish Flank on the ground, inside wherever the hell that theater was. Again, Best episode ever!

Truly, utterly marvelous.

While the premiere seemed to show less about the character interactions and more about everyone rushing to complete the plot at hand, this episode is an epitome of character development through character interactions, much like how many previous episodes were. Everything was solid, I found myself smiling the entire way through (something that's frankly insatiably hard, my face is a blank expression most of the time :P) and loving it. After seeing both an adventure-focused two-parter, and now another wonderful installment of a character-focused episode, I have absolutely no doubt that season three was not only worth the wait, but is also fairly capable of exceeding expectations. The voice actors weren't kidding when they said that season three was going to be amazing.

As far as episode highlights go, I can't even begin. Everything from Pinkie calling Dash Dashie once again, Dashie sun tanning, and simply watching Pinkie interact with herself made me smile. Going through eight straight hours of shopping cart fetching to the point where my legs feel like disowning me, was more than well-worth it.

Edited by ~Chaotic Discord~
  • Brohoof 8

All I could think through the episode was how much I wished to be there to hug each and every one of the Pinkies, makes me kinda sad to see they all were sent back, and the idea of them poofing back the wrong Pinkie keeps itching inside my head ;_;

I'm safe to say this is my new favorite episode... why can't I hug them, why can't I keep one? ;_;

Ugh, I hate that I work all day Saturday’s. I don’t get to see the new FiM and I don’t get to participate in the discussion as soon as the episode ends. I loved this episode, poor Pinkie Pie, she just wanted to have fun with all her friends. Though a swarm of Pinkie Pies is just a nightmare :blink: I shudder what the citizens of Ponyville had to endure.